Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Mexal »

Jex, I was actually asking Pug89, not you but thanks for answering anyway :)
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Mexal »

Jex wrote:I didn't realize that we were going to start doing a PBPA on everyone. I find it interesting that Grek randomly started doing a PBPA after Haschel started doing them. I also don't like that Grek decided to do a PBPA on delicious right after I brought her up as a suspect. He seems to send his attention wherever he thinks he can sway the most votes, and delicious is his new target.

I forget who pointed it out as I just did a quick read-through of the last posts, but I agree that Zin is kinda sketch with posting everywhere else but not in this game. I'll do a reread of him and a few other players that I haven't really looked at a little later today.

As for mexel's question, I still find HC pretty protown. However, I would like to hear more from him besides PBPAs.

Delicious I don't really know what to think of yet. I've played with her in past games and she acts similar to what she is now. I also know that's she's really busy. I've been an RA...the first month sucks :-P

Jex is me, so I'll leave that up to other people to analyze.

Zin and DR I'll do a read-through of later on in the day.

Now I'm off to set up utilities for my house...more money to spend...woot
I don't believe Grek's pbpa to be all that suspicious. I mean, when I brought up Pug89 as a suspect, you immediately went back and reread him. What's so suspicious about Grek doing the same thing to DG? Seems hypocritical to criticize Grek for doing the exact thing you did, albeit in a different fashion.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Grek »

Jex wrote:I find it interesting that Grek randomly started doing a PBPA after Haschel started doing them. I also don't like that Grek decided to do a PBPA on delicious right after I brought her up as a suspect.
Actualy, Haschel's PBPA made me think they were prety good idea, so I decided to do one. I went down the list looking for people I didn't have an opinion on yet. Haschel had said he would do inHimshallibe later, no need to do that twice. I have opinions about Mirth and Haschel Cedricson (both look townish to me BTW) I didn't have an opinion on Delicious Goldfish and there was no PBPA for her, so I decided to do one on her.
Click this link for boobies:
[url]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1048/boobyxr1.jpg[/url]
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

I just saw Grek do a PBPA of me right after Mirth pointed at me... Grek didn't have any opinion on myself, did one, and concluded I am scummy...

Could be coincidence, might not me. Just thought I'd point it out.
The snack that smiles back.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

I like how you forget to mention that Jex voted for you before I asked you to talk before Grek did a pbp of you. Just thought I'd point that out.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:22 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Oman replaces Nox.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Hey guys, I just replaced Nox. Rereading, gimmie a day or two.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Oman »

Things that popped up
Note I have no idea who replaced who so if I use the wrong names sorry

Grek's Nox vote in post 23 defended with
If the scum quicklynch, we find 2 scum for 1 townie. If they don't, we lose nothing.
Which sets up for a
really
bad scumtrap. It doesn't look good. Also it assumes A) Nox is town B) the last two voters are scum. Both of which are not proven and can't possibly be known to anyone but scum at this point.

Follow on point
If two other people quicklynch Nox, they are scum
LIES! Townies slip up too.

I give Mirth page 2 townie cred for working on this:
It also looks even more suspicious that you're unvoting right now, especially after we called you out on the initial vote.
Trigger happy townies exist too. Could have been perfectly possible for two townies to pile right on
I continue to not like Grek :
I think that finding 2 scum day one is better than having alot of discussion day one.
What about the third or fourth scum? What do you have to go on, they will almost certainly bus the hammerer.
I am unvoting because the scum didn't try to lynch Nox. Leaving my vote on her would be useless.
NOTE: Grek thinks Nox is town but was still happy to throw a -2 on.

Ben Halkum piggy-backs on Greks reasoning in post 37 and throws a vote down on mirth with no added reasoning
FoS: Ben or whoever replaced

OMG:
Grek wrote:
Mirth wrote:So what exactly is the point of taking your vote off?
To get you to stop complaining about it?
Worst. Excuse. Ever. 2 Reasons to vote A) YOu think they are scum B) No read, need pressure. 2 Reasons to unvote A) You no longer thinkt hey are scum B) you got the read from the response.
Also:
Grek wrote:First, saying my logic is crap!logic without anything to back it up would be an ad hominem attack, which as you hopfuly know is a logical fallacy
Someones been reading the wiki. BTW. It was crap!logic.

Also Inhim's strange fourth vote reasoning.

End of page 2 lol.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:22 am

Post by Oman »

Wait...I replace Nox...okay my things againts Grek are more than just OMGUS. BTW, its only Pg 2. I'll have more suspects by pg 6 i bet.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Mirth: I've been busy. With stuff. There are some games which I've let down. This is one of them. I intend to make up for it pretty soon.
He posted 45 times on the site after this.
And we are on a deadline!!!
Lurking scum avoiding the spotlights before the deadline much?

vote: Zindaras
And after that he posted 9 more times in two days and is still ignoring this game.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 am

Post by Mirth »

Dead Rikimaru wrote: And after that he posted 9 more times in two days and is still ignoring this game.
Hmm...that really doesn't sit well with me. I know life can get hectic, but he could at least just pop in to check in here.

Mod: could you please prod Zindaras?

Also, welcome, Oman. I know that you're still probably rereading(; I think it's safe to say that I managed to beat the Grek's-argument-sucks horse to death with a stick. And then beat it some more just to make sure it didn't get up and go hunting for brains), but I'd like to hear what you think once you're done with that.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 am

Post by Grek »

Oman wrote:Also it assumes A) Nox is town B) the last two voters are scum. Both of which are not proven and can't possibly be known to anyone but scum at this point.
We've be over this already. If Nox was scum, she would either get lynched(a good thing for the town) or not get lynched(we would gain nothing and losr nothing).
LIES! Townies slip up too.
I expected that if two people would quicklynch Nox(you) based on my post (which I made to look scummy on perpose in order to make townies think it a bad idea to vote her) would be mafia looking to get an easy lynch without thinking it through.
I give Mirth page 2 townie cred for working on this:
It also looks even more suspicious that you're unvoting right now, especially after we called you out on the initial vote.
It would be scumy not to unvote. My trap didn't work, no need to keep voting for someone I did not realy think was scum.

What about the third or fourth scum? What do you have to go on, they will almost certainly bus the hammerer.
I doubt we have 4, that seems like a bit to many. If we have a third scum it would be 6 town to 1 scum. once we lynch the other two. That means 2 lynchs to find 1 scum. Pretty good odds.
NOTE: Grek thinks Nox is town but was still happy to throw a -2 on.
You did read the bits about this being a gambit, right?
Worst. Excuse. Ever. 2 Reasons to vote A) YOu think they are scum B) No read, need pressure. 2 Reasons to unvote A) You no longer thinkt hey are scum B) you got the read from the response.
It was a gambit; I unvoted because it didn't work. I said "to get you to stop complaining largely out of frustration"
Someones been reading the wiki. BTW. It was crap!logic.
Seeing as I've pointed out my good reasons for doing everything I did, I'm not seeing any crap.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Mexal »

Grek wrote: We've be over this already. If Nox was scum, she would either get lynched(a good thing for the town) or not get lynched(we would gain nothing and losr nothing).
I don't really want to get into this again but I did want to comment on this one statement.

If Nox is scum, the town wouldn't know until after the lynch because Nox had said 2 things at that point. So it would have been a random lynch. It was highly unlikely that scum was going to sacrifice one of their own in a random lynch. So the only real likelyhood that your plan would work (although I think it was inherently flawed and never would have worked) is if Nox was town and the scum were idiots.

On a completely separate note, what do you think of Pug89?
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Pug89 »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Gah. My post got eaten.

Anyhoo, I think I've made it clear where I stand on the Grek/Mirth show: Grek may be misguided, but is ultimately town.

I think I'm currently voting for you.
Unvote.
I'm not going to hang you for the actions of your predecessor. However, I'm not giving you a free pass, either. ben was scummy, so I'm going to be watching you to see if it was the player or the role that was in the wrong.

For now, I will
vote: Mirth
Why exactly are you voting for Mirth? I just skimmed through your post really quickly so I might of missed something, but I didn't see anything indicating why you voted for Mirth.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Mexal »

Pug89 wrote: Why exactly are you voting for Mirth? I just skimmed through your post really quickly so I might of missed something, but I didn't see anything indicating why you voted for Mirth.
I do dislike when I'm being ignored after I ask direct questions. It makes me think you're hiding something.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Pug89 wrote:Why exactly are you voting for Mirth? I just skimmed through your post really quickly so I might of missed something, but I didn't see anything indicating why you voted for Mirth.
There really was no reason, other than to see how Mirth and everyone else reacted. Of course, nobody reacted at all until now, and I forgot that I had indeed shifted to her.

Unvote
for now, as my pressure vote did nothing of the sort.

I'll be on the road for most of today, so don't expect me to post until late PDT.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Mirth »

Haschel Cedricson wrote: Of course, nobody reacted at all until now, and I forgot that I had indeed shifted to her.
Actually I did ask you for an explanation a few posts back, but I'm guessing you just must have missed that. (And, honestly, I'm much less likely to react to a vote on me then accusations that don't come with a vote. )

Pug, I, too, would like to hear your answers to Mexal's questions.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Grek »

Mexal wrote:It was highly unlikely that scum was going to sacrifice one of their own in a random lynch. So the only real likelyhood that your plan would work is if Nox was town and the scum were idiots.
I know. It was unlikly to work, but whole alot more unlikely to go badly. Chances where that Nox would not be lynched and we wouldn't be hurt or helped.

As for Pug89, he doesn't seem to have posted anything noteworthy, just reinterated things other people said without changing his vote. Like he is trying to look active without geting any attention pointed his way. I Ttink I'll put a third vote on him for presure.

Vote:Pug89
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Grek »

EBWOP: How did I spell "think" and "Ttink"?
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

Mirth wrote:I like how you forget to mention that Jex voted for you before I asked you to talk before Grek did a pbp of you. Just thought I'd point that out.
Get your facts straight: Jex FOSed me for lack of participation. She didn't vote for me. She even wrote "Delicious I don't really know what to think of yet. I've played with her in past games and she acts similar to what she is now. I also know that's she's really busy. I've been an RA...the first month sucks :P "

Also: Panties = bad language? That's honestly laughable... :lol:

Mirth is definitely squirming even though I haven't voted or even necessarily pointed any "Fingers Of Suspicion."

The only reason Grek doesn't sit well with me is well, their overall fishy play... And the pbpa doesn't sit well with me because their analysis concluded I was indeed fishy (hehe, pun DEFINITELY intended). That is somewhat OMGUSy but... it's all I've got to go on right now. But the fact that Grek did explain they did a pbpa because there wasn't one for me well... made the whole situation sit a little better with me. Not completely though because let's face it, when someone suspects you and you're not mafia, you tend to get the feeling that they are mafia.
The snack that smiles back.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I do dislike when I'm being ignored after I ask direct questions. It makes me think you're hiding something.
I was rereading thorugh the thread and noticed something so I made a quick post about it. I wasn't ignoring you; I didn't have much time. I'm going to be busy the next few days but I should be able to post this weekend sometime.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:
Mirth wrote:I like how you forget to mention that Jex voted for you before I asked you to talk before Grek did a pbp of you. Just thought I'd point that out.
Get your facts straight: Jex FOSed me for lack of participation. She didn't vote for me. She even wrote "Delicious I don't really know what to think of yet. I've played with her in past games and she acts similar to what she is now. I also know that's she's really busy. I've been an RA...the first month sucks :P "

Mirth is definitely squirming even though I haven't voted or even necessarily pointed any "Fingers Of Suspicion."

The only reason Grek doesn't sit well with me is well, their overall fishy play... And the pbpa doesn't sit well with me because their analysis concluded I was indeed fishy (hehe, pun DEFINITELY intended). That is somewhat OMGUSy but... it's all I've got to go on right now. But the fact that Grek did explain they did a pbpa because there wasn't one for me well... made the whole situation sit a little better with me. Not completely though because let's face it, when someone suspects you and you're not mafia, you tend to get the feeling that they are mafia.
I get a lot of blah blah blah through this, but I can tell you from having played with DG: When she's town, she thinks everybody who suspects her is mafia. That's how she does it. The last sentence in the quote is the only one worth looking at, because it screams pro-town to me because that's her thinking pattern. As flawed as it is, she jumps on anybody who looks at her when she's town.

...And yes, I realize that in games after this one it'll be a WIFOM, so this is the last time it'll work, but I hope to just end this little dey-bah-te.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Mirth »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:

I will concede that you are right on the FOS. I skimmed, I saw a bold and assumed it was a vote.

Also, I am not "squirming" I am calling you on reactions that I think don't make sense.
Adam wrote:...And yes, I realize that in games after this one it'll be a WIFOM, so this is the last time it'll work, but I hope to just end this little dey-bah-te.
What exactly do you mean by this? Why "in games after this one"? Why not just "it is WIFOM." Your statement makes it sound like you know that Goldfish is town in this game because you exclude it from the possibility of WIFOM. Please explain yourself.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by Oman »

The next installment:

Adam wrote:Mirth and Grek: either the best early distancing I've ever seen in my life, or at least one of you are townies, very possibly both.
I'd be inclined to agree.
InHim wrote:However, I miscounted the votes before that, not realizing I would be the 4th.
I don't know about this, could be true, could be not.

----------ZINDIE ENTERS--------------------
Mirth wrote:As I've said, I just have a feeling, (as in I DON'T KNOW if that might have anything to do with it, it's just a thought, and when I say influenced, I didn't particularly mean consciously influenced, but maybe, subconsciously, Grek's arguments just seem better to him).

Why are you so quick to assume scumminess?
Defends Ben fiercly over a true statement by Zindaras
Ben wrote:THIS is why I voted you Mirth.
Ben enjoys requoting and making a 1-liner then lurking?
Ben wrote:I'll go with my fellow good guys
Firstly, who says they're good guys. Secondly, you don't vote with all the cool kids, do your own thing.
Zind wrote:
Ben wrote:Well, with being just a good guy I am only having to go off of suspecions and randomness like you guys.
Appeal to emotion.
I don't see it.
Goldfish(on ben) wrote:His play doesn't sit well with me... I actually am not sure how many actual votes this puts on benhalkum but... I am busy with 12 hours of RA training a day, every day this week and well... That's my input for now. Weak sauce? I really don't think so. Because right now, my gut tells me benhalkum is scummy.
This was a -4 vote. It seems awfully careless to throw a vote on not knowing where they're at, especially when votes have been put on before you (and she's bound to have seen those even if not counted)
Grek wrote:I would like to hear what else ben has to say before I vote. Leaning heavily towards him being scum.
Fos:benhalkum
Yuh hu. Scumtell.
Camisade wrote:Doesn't look like he's going to show up and after him saying on Monday we'll see more of him we haven't seen much.
I don't like this. Zindara just finished saying (rightly) how snowball bandwagons are usually on a townie. Camisade goes against this and votes to try to keep the wagon going.
Ben wrote:I really don't need to explain a day one vote, no one does. NONE of us know who's who, and day one its never easy to choose.

If you lynch me, just look back to who pushed the hardest and who jumped right on the bandwagon
Two thinks wrong with this. Number 1 is the first sentence is a LIE! Number two is that the second sentence is usually said by scum to disuade townies from jumping on.
Grek wrote:What I did was more like a cop not posting the names of the innocents he has found so they aren't nightkilled for being a confirmed innocent.
I don't see the similarities, I think he's setting up for a fake-claim later, or maybe even to make himself seem town (i.e. Like a cop)
Grek wrote: I am not breadcrumbing anything. I am not claiming anything. The cop, if we have one, shouldn't claim anything.
Now the scum know you're not the cop...well done :(
Nox/Me wrote: But saying it was founded, and then denying it saying it was random when pressed for explanation, is just plain scummy to me.
I'm going to have to agree with myself on the subject of Ben's vote on mirth.
Mirth wrote:It bothers me that I keep being suspected of distancing. The distancing accusation makes it sound like you lot are a lot surer than I am about how, if Grek were lynched, he would turn out.
Damn, I want to agree and give Mirth some townie brownies for this, but she's getting into Nox/me. Ah well, I'll have to agree that I don't think what you did was distancing (as I said earlier with Adam).
Grek wrote:My vote wasn't doing anything useful where it was and you where complaining about it, so I moved it.
You don't move your vote cause someone whinges about it.
Grek wrote:
Mirth wrote:Now this assumption basically translates to Grek thinking Nox is a townie.
It doesn't.
So you think Nox is scum on page 5?

Haschel posted his second PBPA which didn't really say anything. His long posts are fine, but I don't like the general lack of conclusion beyond: "Could be town, could be scum"
Mirth wrote:So I'm not going to try an persuade anyone to do anything. Independent thinking=good.
I don't like this. Its a good thing to try to convince others, it basically means that if you're town, you can get the scum. and if you're scum we can catch you in your overzealous persuasion.

----End page 6-----

Thoughts: Town=Mirth

Scum=
Haschel (for posting without saying much)
Grek (for doing the Greky things)
and ben is on the list (for being ben)
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Will post in the afternoon.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”