Blitz 1: C9++ (GAME OVER!)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 382, Ranger wrote:
Flubbernugget wrote:Throwing vedith and Ythan in a town pile right now is pretty ew
Read Vedith's posts and tell me they're scum.
They're not.
Ythan's not in the townbloc because he could be scum, but I've seen some very strong town thinking behind his posts, in particular, the thoughts he's had on players like, say, BlockyMan.

Read Vedith's posts and tell me they're town

They're not

I'm accepting of your read on Ythan tho
Marge
Marge
Goon
Marge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Marge »

Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 359, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Those of you who aren't voting Persivul need to explain to me why not in a way that doesn't involve "Blocky is better" because he's not. He's a meh lynch. His ISO isn't fantastic but it isn't super scummy either, like Persivul's is. I've pointed out several things wrong here. He hedged on Titus, which I could see as her way of gaining reactions, especially given her call for a wagon on herself off the jump. And understand that it wasn't the idea of mass claim that he hedged on - it was hedging on what he thought it meant about her alignment. "I'm not saying you are or aren't scummy for this... blah blah blah". It's literally disgusting.

Second, he claims that Marge is a better lynch but has literally done nothing at all to further or develop that read, or any other read whatsoever.

And when asked about his read on Blocky, his best answer is "the wagon is bad because votes and my read has dropped." Ok.. what?

When pushed he comes up with some ridiculous non-sequiter to run after in an effort to derail the questioning of him and shift the focus. It is literally nonsense to ask a player why he should vote someone the other person isn't scumreading or pushing.

Come on.

p-edit: posts that I will read.

I've already said that waffling on Titus d1 isn't a scum tell

And I'm not keen on sheeping someone that's questioning the massclaim while participating in it

I think you should read this.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/keep+harping+on
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Stop posting fuckers lemme catch up
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Marge have you done anything useful yet
Marge
Marge
Goon
Marge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Marge »

In post 478, Flubbernugget wrote:Marge have you done anything useful yet

Yes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 406, Titus wrote:This game needs more bullets.

If you're against massclaim, why did you sign up Ythan. It happens in almost every run of this setup. It's like hating masons but playing Friends and Enemies.

Yeah um is that the first thing people do in every game because if it was it wouldn't fit ms setup meta
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Ranger »

Flubbernugget wrote:Read Vedith's posts and tell me they're town
Good activity, so not lurking. Casual, natural attitude early-on (exemplified best by a post like but present all-around that area), nice original observations (was he the first to point out the inconsistency behind Marge? I think he was), I suppose I could link to more posts but I'm not sure how much more proof you need.

He's town.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 411, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:You didn't specify the composition of the dicks, Ythan. I think you need to do that.

Hairy
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 418, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 415, Ythan wrote:Ding ding ding.

Yes but complying would end it here and now, rather than getting all argumentative with the damn queen of inane arguments.

But is it worth the fact that town just fucking massclaimed because I don't think it is
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 436, Titus wrote:You mean his stalling, not providing substantive comments, or the amount of resistance isn't enough?

So two noob tells and wagon logic from two week game phaswa

Maybe you are scum
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

If you're on the blocky wagon, what has he done to get scum points that Marge hasn't?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.11:

BlockyMan:
Titus, Vedith, Ythan, Ranger, Firebringer, Persivul (6)
Titus:
OceanWind, BlockyMan, Kraeg (3)
Persivul:
EspeciallyTheLies, Kop, Marge (3)
Marge:
Flubbernugget (1)

Not Voting:
None.

With 13 people alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-11-05 12:37:00)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Ythan »

I know someone wants in on this.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 484, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 436, Titus wrote:You mean his stalling, not providing substantive comments, or the amount of resistance isn't enough?

Maybe you are scum

Phaswa?

Noob isn't alignment indicative. If I scumread suboptimal, no one would have a townread.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Marge
Marge
Goon
Marge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Marge »

Well you may get to call him out for lurking: http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 6&sr=posts
But I'm sure there is another football game excuse.
Marge
Marge
Goon
Marge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by Marge »

Wow scratch that it Monday.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am mixed on ETL entrance into this game.
Like completely against everyones opinions for most part which says town to me.

Defense on Blocky seems stupid.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 467, Marge wrote:
In post 461, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 458, Titus wrote:Your argument seems overly nitpicky. If you hate Persivul's (the people on the wagon are scummy) why not have him talk more? Sure I think Persivul is being an idiot ATM but not a scummy one.

His turn on you is good as well.

His "turn"? You've got to be kidding me Titus...

*sigh*

I feel like you aren't really reading the posts and just want to push your thing on Blocky. It's really stretching and I get that if you're town you want to push it through to see if you are right, but I don't see it and I explained why.

Persivul's posts are increasingly bad, and I'm quite disappointed with people's inability to even digest the argument.

I'm gonna give this game 24 hours but I'm starting to regret continuing with this playerlist against my better judgement. :neutral:

Banging you head against a wall does seem to have more appeal then this game.
I was slightly scum reading persivul mostly because his whole scum read is based on something he did as town.
That logic makes about as much sense as:

Spoiler:

Vote: persivul

It was kinda apparent from before, but FWIW...if you want to keep your alts to yourself, you need a different image source, as "farside22" is part of the image's address. :P
Marge
Marge
Goon
Marge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Marge »

In post 492, Persivul wrote:
In post 467, Marge wrote:
In post 461, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 458, Titus wrote:Your argument seems overly nitpicky. If you hate Persivul's (the people on the wagon are scummy) why not have him talk more? Sure I think Persivul is being an idiot ATM but not a scummy one.

His turn on you is good as well.

His "turn"? You've got to be kidding me Titus...

*sigh*

I feel like you aren't really reading the posts and just want to push your thing on Blocky. It's really stretching and I get that if you're town you want to push it through to see if you are right, but I don't see it and I explained why.

Persivul's posts are increasingly bad, and I'm quite disappointed with people's inability to even digest the argument.

I'm gonna give this game 24 hours but I'm starting to regret continuing with this playerlist against my better judgement. :neutral:

Banging you head against a wall does seem to have more appeal then this game.
I was slightly scum reading persivul mostly because his whole scum read is based on something he did as town.
That logic makes about as much sense as:

Spoiler:

Vote: persivul

It was kinda apparent from before, but FWIW...if you want to keep your alts to yourself, you need a different image source, as "farside22" is part of the image's address. :P

<3
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 488, Titus wrote:

Maybe you are scum

Phaswa?

Noob isn't alignment indicative. If I scumread suboptimal, no one would have a townread.

i meant phases
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Rob14 »

BlockyMan has been prodded.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 494, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 488, Titus wrote:

Maybe you are scum

Phaswa?

i meant phases

Still not following your post.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by OceanWind »

On massclaim: not today but I wouldn't mind doing it D2 or D3. I've gone over the possible roles in the wiki and did some research. I encourage others to follow the game links at the bottom of the wiki page for this setup as well. The best way to handle claims in this setup is to use a tiered claiming system. If you look at the setup determination section, you'll see that some roles can't exist without other roles existing first. I'll call those Tier 2 roles while the ones that can exist without needing any other role to exist are Tier 1 roles. During massclaim, we start off with people claiming either VT, T1, or T2 popcorn-style. For reference T1 is 1-shot cop, cop, doctor, 1-shot vigilante, vigilante, roleblocker. T2 is 1-shot doctor, Mason, 1-shot roleblocker. When all players have tier claimed, massclaim should start with the T2 ones popcorning between themselves first and then the T1 players doing the same. That way, if for instance someone claims 1-shot doc, and there is no doc, they are confirmed scum. This makes fake-claiming a lot harder for scum.

In post 53, Vedith wrote:Titus is town for the people voting her, just saying.

Oh? Tell us why. The people voting Titus at that time were Blockyman who put down an RVS vote, me who hadn't explained my vote yet, and EspeciallyTheLies who also didn't explain her vote. What about those votes makes Titus town?

In post 62, BlockyMan wrote:Yeah, and two people already RVS'ed me.

Why do you feel the need to post this in response to Firebringer's vote on you? This strikes me as you being too nervous about the votes on you.

In post 94, Persivul wrote:I'm not saying it's suspicious that you're pushing for it at this point...but how would it benefit us?

Why are you going out of your way to tell Titus that you don't suspect her instead of directly asking the question?

In post 129, Ranger wrote:Overall, pretty confident in {BlockyMan, Firebringer, Marge, EspeciallyTheLies}. I'd be extremely surprised to see a scum outside these names.

Is this a serious post? For you to be extremely surprised to see a scum outside these names, you need to be townreading everyone else. I want to see you explain those reads. For instance, the only think I had posted was to vote Titus and push that lynch which is similar to what EspeciallyTheLies had posted so why does she make your scumlist as opposed to me?

In post 273, Kop wrote:Does anybody not find it strange that Blocky has been at L-1 for a while now, and nobody has posted intent or even hammered him. Does this spell an indication that scum are on his wagon?

Is there a reason you are suggestively putting this forward? No one posting intent on Blockman could mean several things including that he's scum and his partners don't want to bus and all the townies that would vote him have already done so.

In post 280, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Marge posts give me the most ickies so far tbh.
Persivul also yucky. Quite yucky in fact.

Can you explain your read on Marge in a way that shows me the scum motivation behind her posts as opposed to how you felt upon eating those posts? You aren't reviewing restaurants on yelp. "Icky" and "yucky" doesn't cut it for me.

In post 285, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:um.. this is a fast-paced game on a slow-paced forum, on the first actual day of posting, over Halloween weekend.... This is the laziest bullshit I've ever read. I also don't like the appeal to fear and poo-pooing of the wagon on Blocky without any real reasoning. It's like, "everyone on the wagon is scummy for being on the wagon, not because the person they are voting is towny or anything, but just because they are voting someone." It's pretty bad.

Ranger made a lazy post where she listed out four players and said she was confident that scum were in there. Why is Ranger a townread for you while Persivul through similar logic of lazy posting is a scumread?

Why didn't Kop's post register for you where he made assumptions about the Blocky wagon?

In post 323, Kop wrote:Persivul. You say what you said about my post towards Blocks wagon, blocks wagon was formed on probably the littlest thing and it ran up. You soft defending it, could be a case you know he is town, and you know he's going to flip that, you get town credit because you were the one who defended it, if Block is hammered.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

In post 389, Ranger wrote:Well to put it bluntly, I think you're scum pushing him, and in the engagement between you two, he comes out on top. I don't think your points hold water, I think his posting looks town, so I will not be voting him.

Scum whiteknighting detected. Persivul didn't "hold his own" in his argument with EspeciallyTheLies. He floundered around and was unable to come up with solid explanations for his stance on the Blocky wagon. Only problem is, I'm not sure if he's scum or just a bad player horrible at articulating his thoughts. Your posts on the other hand look like you are trying to defend Persivul in part for towncred and in part to buddy him as he seems more susceptible than EspeciallyTheLies.

UNVOTE: Titus
VOTE: Ranger

Kop is a good vote as well. Titus's defense of Persivul also looks like whiteknighting so the scumread there hasn't gone away. Blockyman could be scum but I want to see what the replacement does.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by Titus »

@Ocean, you opened with a wall recycling my exact thoughts but state to do so on D2 or D3 when scum know if there is an SK or not. Boooo

You do a lot of tearing down and promoting focus on having people fight regarding their Persivul reads.

You say nothing about Marge (vig target numero uno). Why? What's your read there?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Ranger »

OceanWind wrote:Is this a serious post? For you to be extremely surprised to see a scum outside these names, you need to be townreading everyone else.
Everyone who had posted at the time...yes.

For instance, the only think I had posted was to vote Titus and push that lynch which is similar to what EspeciallyTheLies had posted so why does she make your scumlist as opposed to me?
Similar actions, sure, but they were done differently. I can't recall from memory the posts in question (I'd have to look them up, too lazy right now), but simply put, yours looked town; hers didn't.

Scum whiteknighting detected.
You don't know what that word means, do you?

If I were white knighting Persivul, I would have provided reasoning.
I didn't; I stated my stance in the debate. My opinion was that Persivul defended himself well, and EspeciallyTheLies did not raise solid points. There is no defense, because I didn't say why I didn't think EspeciallyTheLies didn't raise solid points, nor did I defend Persivul for him. It was nothing more than giving EspeciallyTheLies the response she asked for. She wanted to know what others thought of Persivul without relationship to BlockyMan. I told her.

That opinion has since changed because Persivul is down to
at absolute best
null.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”