Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Nirp »

Atticus wrote:Knuck, I don't suggest that you exclude all information from day one and the random stage. I quite simply do not give as much thought to scum tells in that period of the game. And I thought some people were overreacting to TinVision. And I thought I'd tell them to chill.
I don't think we should pay less attention to scum tells in early game, but we should pay attention to different kinds of scum tells. Voting for someone without giving reason is a fairly scummy thing to do in late game, but can be ignored in early game. I'm not sure if that applies to every scum tell, though.
Atticus wrote:Hey, Nirp, are you scum, or just opportunistic?
Hm? I'm not sure what you mean here. If you are referring to my vote on dusterhan, I thought I made it fairly clear that was simply a pressure vote to get him to post. I will unvote as soon as he starts posting some content, as there is little reason to assume he is scum at the moment. However, since the main way for us to find out whether or not he is scum is by analysing his posts, we do need him to post.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by destructor »

[quote="-TinVision-"]The only thing I “failed to present” was the fact that I had overlooked dusterhan’s latest post, so I was working from a different set of facts in Post #102 and Post #104. My posts show a clear change in opinion that is completely explained by my having missed dusterhan’s post #93.[quote]

I misread post 109. In stead of
"I did in the initial much longer..."
I read
"I did
an
initial much longer..."

Reading it that way, you seemed to make no reference to missing dusterhan's post at all. But I now see how you did.

That said, I'm wary of accepting this. Perhaps it was an honest mistake on your part, but the fact that joost and Nirp both provided you an explanation before you explained yourself leaves the possibility that you used this to your advantage lingering in my mind.

Beacuse of this and my earlier suspicions, my vote will still stand.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Can we please get some ordered quotes please!! Instead of making your own: Press quote next to the text you want to quote and just take the bits out you don't want!!

Also... I am watching the game. I haven't had any blatent coments to point out as when I get here, they are ussually pointed out by someone else half an hour ago.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:37 am

Post by joost »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Also... I am watching the game. I haven't had any blatent coments to point out as when I get here, they are ussually pointed out by someone else half an hour ago.
Still, I'd like to hear your opinion on what has been going on lately. Could you give us an example of the comments you would point out if someone else hadn't done it? And who do you think is the most suspicous at the moment? And why?

Right now I'm wary of anybody who doesn't actively contribute to the game.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

I'm most suspicious of Dusterhan's lurkiness after small scum tells. He's either away or reacting to pressure extremely badly. It's not worth a vote though. You shouldn't really lynch lurkers. Only if they are posting, but not with content. If there's a lurker. Prod him. Then replace. OR investigate him at night (Unless he's a godfather :P)
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Knuck
Knuck
Townie
Knuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Knuck »

Dusterhan has been absent in all of his games not just this one. He joined up as a newbie, quickly got into two games, played badly because he is young and bored, then left. I don't think he is scum, just a young bored new player who has probably lost interest. Voting for him or investigating him probably isn't going to help as it would if we did it to any other player. Can we get a prod on him?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Cavane »

Dusterhan has been cattle prodded.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

I don’t really know what to do until dusterhan starts posting/gets replaced. If anyone has a good idea, I’m game.
lol objective morality
dusterhan
dusterhan
Townie
dusterhan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by dusterhan »

i'm still here
innocent untill proven guilty
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

And would you please post something of content, like perhaps something to explain your actions?
lol objective morality
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:11 am

Post by kabenon007 »

so dusterhan has enough time to post an "I'm here," but not enough time to actually put any kind of effort in. My vote is switching from
unvote
to
vote: dusterhan
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:58 am

Post by destructor »

I don't know what you guys think, so far as tactics go, but even if dusterhan was scum, is he a great threat right now? I'm actually with Atticus on this and I've been ignoring what he's been posting. He's a distraction from more of the solid content we've seen today, and I wonder about the people that would rather discuss his behaviour (or lack thereof).

I feel like lynching dusterhan would be a waste. Either he's fairly harmless scum or bad pro-Town. With the possibilty of the latter in mind, I feel that it isn't the best idea to lynch him, at least not today.

What would we learn if we did and he was scum? No one's running to his defense, so I can't see anyone who can be linked to him in any meaningful way. On the other hand, if he's Town, I guess we could start looking at people who advocated his lynch. But his behaviour is so scummy you can't
really
blame them. I'm assuming he's just new and oblivious to his impact on this game. If I didn't believe this, then my vote would probably be on him too.

Hmm, on that note, I
would
like to see some form of an explanation from him.

If he doesn't post some "content" soon, is that a basis for replacement? I don't think we should use a lynch to solve a problem that could be dealt with through a replacement, if that is all the problem is.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:40 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I'm not saying we should lynch him, all I am saying is that his posting mere I'm here posts but avoiding writing anything of importance is scummy, and right now he is the scummiest person in my eyes. I haven't really seen too much in the realm of other scumminess. My vote on Nekka was random, and my vote serves a better purpose on duster. I don't think he is any danger of being lynched yet. He is only at three I believe. And destructor, just for the record, there is really no such thing as a harmless scum, as long as one is alive, the town will die. There might be something like a worthless scum, who doesn't say anything and so is an easy lynch but provides no information. But I don't think any scum can be harmless.
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Nirp »

dusterhan wrote:i'm still here
There are several votes on you at the moment. There is a reason for this: we would like you to add something to the game. In particular, as -TinVision- said, you might want to explain your previous actions.

At this point I have to agree with Knuck that dusterhan is not likely to be scum (or at least that his behavior doesn't incidate scummyness) and since pressure voting doesn't seem to have much effect, I will
unvote
. I hope that if dusterhan refuses to participate, he will be replaced. A lack of participation will hurt us, but lynching him won't accomplish much either. If he is simply not interested in the game, we shouldn't waste a lynch on him.

kabenon, in post 124, you stated that placing a vote for dusterhan didn't do any good and that it was scummy of me to do so. In post 135, you decide to vote for him yourself. Why this sudden change?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:05 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Nirp wrote:kabenon, in post 124, you stated that placing a vote for dusterhan didn't do any good and that it was scummy of me to do so. In post 135, you decide to vote for him yourself. Why this sudden change?
Your vote for him was when he had not even responded to our wish that he post. That could have various reasons, such as illness, school, etc. But now he has posted something but refused to add anything to the game. That is why I felt it pertinent to put my vote where it belongs.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Aimee »

Sorry guys! X_X

I've kinda been neglecting this game a bit. I promise to get some stuff up tomorrow.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Atticus »

Duster seems to think that game days should take no longer than 8 pages. I'd love to have him replaced, but I'm really not caring about him right now.

Not liking kabenon's vote on duster. But then, if I were dependent on duster posting, I might have voted him too.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Sephiroth »

destructor wrote:
What would we learn if we did and he was scum? No one's running to his defense, so I can't see anyone who can be linked to him in any meaningful way.
Except for you, of course. Obviously this means nothing unless he were to proven scum. But I do agree that he isnt a good lynch today.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:39 am

Post by joost »

kabenon007 wrote:
Nirp wrote:kabenon, in post 124, you stated that placing a vote for dusterhan didn't do any good and that it was scummy of me to do so. In post 135, you decide to vote for him yourself. Why this sudden change?
Your vote for him was when he had not even responded to our wish that he post. That could have various reasons, such as illness, school, etc. But now he has posted something but refused to add anything to the game. That is why I felt it pertinent to put my vote where it belongs.
That's not true. Before Dusterhan posted in #93, asking for a vote count:
- Nekka asked him why he voted for Sepiroth in post #46
- Destructor asked him why he would want to confuse us in #50
- Nirp asked for an explanation about his behaviour in post #55
- Nirp again in post #82 saying that he would like to hear more from him
- Me in #88 asking him to post more.
And he responded, but with no content whatsoever. He didn't say he was ill or busy or anything, just asked for a vote count.

So let me ask you again, Kabenon: Why the sudden change?

I think that as long as Dusterhan keeps posting, he shouldn't be replaced. If he is town, he's not helping and if he's scum he should die. So at this moment I would not mind lynching him. And like destructor said, if we lynch him and he turns out to be pro-town we'll have something else to focus on, like who was on his bandwagon... I'm willing to take the risk.

Atticus, who do you suspect most at the moment? If you don't want to talk about Dusterhan I'd like you to tell us more about what you think of the other players.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 am

Post by joost »

Btw, is SilverPhoenix still here?
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:50 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Nirp wrote:
joost wrote: Meanwhile, where is dusterhan? I would like to hear him say something of content.
Seconded. I think we have given him enough time by now, so unvote, vote dusterhan until he starts posting (or is replaced if he disappears entirely).

As for -TinVision-, I am willing to believe that his excuse is acceptable and that this was a simple mistake on his behalf.
First of all, there was 3 days of inactivity between dusterhan's last post and this one. And Nirp says in this quote that his vote for dusterhan was to get him to post content. I said that I disagree with his voting to get content. My vote on the otherhand is because I think dusterhan is scummy. I want more information from him, but I didn't vote for him just to get him to post, I just think he is scummy, plain and simple. That's why the "sudden change"
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Atticus »

Me? Suspicious of kabenon. The vote on duster strikes me as something that scum would do when they're impatient with a townie. They would love for a town to bury themselves by saying something stupid. If duster never posts, things aren't going well, a new target is needed.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Atticus »

I just talked myself into an
FoS: kabenon.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Goodness Atticus, how many votes do you think dusterhan has? He only has three, he is nowhere near to a lynch. Beside, I have reasoning behind my vote, I think it's scummy that he is still here by his own words but isn't posting anything. Nirp was only voting for him to get him to post. I'm voting him cuz I think he is scummy. What's suspicious of that?
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by joost »

Happy Birthday Atticus!
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”