Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Ok, so right this second we got six alive, one mafia, one SK, 4 townies. After the SK kill we'll know even more. I suggest discussion until then, we cannot afford to get complacent now. We're still virtually in LYLO depending on who the SK kills. No one quick votes now. Everything could depend on what happens in the next couple days and who the SK ends up killing.

BTW, SK, I still think heather is a good choice for mafia. :P
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Hmm...not so sure what to think now. Since it's two dead inactive mafia members, I've looked over Hazzel's posts more closely for clues, and that hasn't helped my opinion much. Hazzel just spent most of his time alive attacking MGM, then disagreeing with Kinetic, then claiming to not understand Stewie. I'm thinking the attack on MGM being so early and fullblown was Hazzel just looking for an early lynch, so I don't think MGM is mafia. Hazzel's comments on Kinetic are a bit more disturbing (especially the part about calling him a liar but probably protown), but I don't think Kinetic is mafia either at this point. Stewie, I don't really have an opinion on, which is bad so far into the game. On one hand I'd wish he'd speak more, but on the other I don't see anything innately scummy about his playstyle, since seems to be everybody's main point of contention with him.

I'll do individual read throughs later if I'm still alive.

Kinetic, I'm not liking that you're practically asking the SK to kill Heather. I'll like some more input from her, so I'll again ask:

Mod, can we please get a prod on Heather?

And my still outstanding question to MGM:

Why did you unvote CKD early in the game?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:08 am

Post by Mgm »

Based on the posts I read from around that time, I think it was because HazzelQ was becoming scummier. I didn't want to put Hazzel on edge and make him more careful about what he said.
Mgm wrote:
Raffles wrote:But then again, I recieved mine late as well so I'm inclined to believe it...
I find that hard to believe. It's quite unlikely the mod mistyped your name when he sent out roles. When did you receive your role PM?
I think Raffles tried to come across as unlikely SK here, by slipping this in.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Mirth »

MGM, I'm not sure I understand your first point. Also, could you please answer my question.

Raffles, I asked you a question a while back that you never got around to answering. I forgot about it but MGM just reminded me.

Raffles, you said in post 103 that you didn't get your PM until 3 posts after starting. 3 posts after the game started or after you checked in?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Raffles »

After I checked in.
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Mgm »

Mirth, the bit before the quote IS the answer to your question.
Show
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:43 am

Post by Mirth »

Ahhhh okay. I wasn't sure what that was refering to.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Mgm »

Stewie, now would be a good time, why you were willing to lynch xyzzy after going silent for two days when you weren't really convinced he was scum. I missed substance.
Show
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Raffles is killed!

He was a Member of the Mafia!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Kinetic »

The Mafia has been eliminated. 4 townies, 1 SK.

Ok then... We got two shots at this, let's make them count.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Mgm »

I want heatherlou and Stewie to tell me why I shouldn't lynch them. Kinetic has posted enough to analyse. You two haven't.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Mgm »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Raffles is killed!

He was a Member of the Mafia!
Since he couldn't be mafia together with Mirth, I had him down as SK. Imagine my surprise. I guess it does explain why he didn't join the wagon on his buddy xyzzy.
Show
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Kinetic »

Now I'm all up and confused. I felt sure enough to lynch heather because I thought she was mafia, but I really wasn't all too sure she was the SK...

If I had to choose anyone who seemed like the SK to me, it would be Stewie.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Mgm »

Vote: heatherlou
Show
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Kinetic »

I was just going to say "MGM unvote now. What did I say about quick votes..." But then I realized that you unvoting wouldn't matter. With only one scum left he has to convince two townies, not just one, to misvote. That being said, we have a little more leeway.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Mirth »

MGM: does that mean you thought I was mafia? I'm flattered. :P

General comment: I find it interesting how Kinetic's main mafia suspects keep dying at night. I'm not moving my vote anywhere yet because I know that if I moved my vote onto Kinetic, Heather would probably follow suit. I'm not completely satisfied with Heather's lack of playing, however.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Raffles »

Seems
someone
didn't want my cookies... :/
Woof!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mirth: But I've been vocal with who my suspects were. And I HAVE tagged two scum, Raffles and HQ. I think that is pretty good.

But I'll tell you the truth, the SK killing a mafia THIS time may not have been the best play for him. I know if I was the SK, I would have killed either you or MGM today who I thought were townie or SK(but couldn't be SK if I was), instead of heather or Raffles, who I thought could be mafia.

Why? Because 3 townie, 1 mafia, 1 SK is better for the SK than 4 townie 1 SK. With less townies and more mafia, there is still the possibility of the SK leading a non mislynch and going into the endgame with 2 townies.

Now, however, the SK has to dodge TWO lynches. His odds are dramatically lower to survive.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

Kinetic, I doubt that if you were the SK you'd kill me just yet. Here's why: you had higher suspects on your mafia list, yet you're currently the highest on my SK list. I've been pretty vocal against you, and no one else pretty much. You kill me, eyebrows are raised as to why. Your best bet with me would be to work on my "better safe than sorry stance."

Now as for MGM, you wouldn't want to do that either. MGM doesn't seem to think you're the SK at all. You've done a pretty good job of tying yourself to him. You kill MGM, the person least likely to vote for you, you're in more danger.

So Raffles was a sound night kill choice. It would have had to be him, Stewie, or Heather. Now, however, that all the mafia are dead, I know that either MGM or I am fair game. Why, I won't say, but if you think about it and jump into the deep end of possible WIFOM it makes sense.

Now then, as to my suspicion. While Heather and Stewie bother me, due to lack of contribution, I'm more disturbed by you and MGM.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I thought heather was mafia, all my reads on her was based off that. I really don't have a case for her as SK.

That being said, don't kid yourself. If I was SK You, MGM, or maybe Stewie would have been my target. Easily. Just because you were vocal about me being the SK, it would be easy to WIFOM out of that. "O, well of course Mirth died from the SK, he wants to frame me. He killed CKD who was my top suspect, now he kills Mirth to cement me as SK." I think I would have an easier time surviving if you weren't around.

I think Stewie or MGM is the SK, if I was the SK, I'd attack someone I was pretty sure was a townie. I made no secret of the fact that I thought Raffles could be the last mafia, if anything, I would not have taken the risk of SK killing either heather or raffles. Too much worry about one of them being mafia.

That being said, I still think you're townie. I think it is
possible
that heather could be SK, but I really don't think the likeliness is high

I would be willing to vote Stewie right now, personally, more than anyone else, but I'm not willing to vote JUST yet.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Post by Stewie »

Mgm wrote:I want heatherlou and Stewie to tell me why I shouldn't lynch them. Kinetic has posted enough to analyse. You two haven't.
As much as I didn't post much, I did contribute. I was the one who started the bandwagon on HazzelQ which eventually led to a lynch. A sk would more likely sit back and jump on someone else's suspicions or make several accusations, because the sk doesn't want to create links between him and other players.

I'll make a post hopefully on tuesday morning about my suspicions, but right now I gotta go to sleep, and tomorrow I have a full day at school (leave early, get home late, very few, short breaks).
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Mgm »

Stewie wrote:As much as I didn't post much, I did contribute. I was the one who started the bandwagon on HazzelQ which eventually led to a lynch. A sk would more likely sit back and jump on someone else's suspicions or make several accusations, because the sk doesn't want to create links between him and other players.
Which is pretty much what you have done. Starting one bandwagon is not enough to say you contributed. You have been gone for days on end and together with heather you have the least posts.
Show
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Ok I'm here. I lost my internet connection unexpectedly. Thank you for not lynching me, and now you know despite my crappy defenses that I wasn't mafia! Raffles surprised me, I was getting huge pro-town vibes from them. So at least we're not in LYLO because of how the SK killed.
You shouldn't lynch me because it would be a bad move for the town, and fruitless.
I thought Kinetic was mafia too....I don't feel that kinetic is the SK, cause I am almost positive he would have killed me any way he could have. I'm not going to go quick voting, now this game is getting down to the wire.
Mirth, I don't agree. Kinetic was pretty hard on me as mafia and I didn't die at night.
Mgm, are you basically convinced the SK is someone who wouldn't contribute? Or are you just voting for me to get rid of a player who isn't as talkative?
To me, the SK could be any and everyone. At this point I'm only sure of my own innocence--but, because of how much power the SK has with kills, I don't feel they would be a lurker. They would have a vested interest in the game because it's a fun role for them. I think they could stick their necks out the easiest without having to worry about getting a finger pointed at them, because their kills don't have to be systematic.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

So by those criteria, Heather, who do you think is most likely the SK.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Mgm »

I don't feel that kinetic is the SK, cause I am almost positive he would have killed me any way he could have. <snip>
Mirth, I don't agree. Kinetic was pretty hard on me as mafia and I didn't die at night.
Why would Kinetic have killed you? It's far more fruitful to kill an active player and if he thought you were mafia, strategically, it was better to keep you alive to help get rid of one more townie to strengthen his odds.
Mgm, are you basically convinced the SK is someone who wouldn't contribute? Or are you just voting for me to get rid of a player who isn't as talkative?
I think it's a serious possibility that the SK lurked, after all, the more you say, the easier you can slip up and an SK has no buddies to back him up. If they're not in danger of lynching, shutting up might well have been a good strategy. I do however, think that after the Raffles kill, he knew that lurking was dangerous now, so I expect the SK -if they lurked to be chattier than before. Hence my suspicions of you.
To me, the SK could be any and everyone. At this point I'm only sure of my own innocence--but, because of how much power the SK has with kills, I don't feel they would be a lurker. They would have a vested interest in the game because it's a fun role for them.
You said it. The SK has a vested interest in the game: the nights. His one vote is barely gonna make a difference during the day, but the SK is going to be interested in the power of his nightkills.
I think they could stick their necks out the easiest without having to worry about getting a finger pointed at them, because their kills don't have to be systematic.
As I said, the SK has no backup, sticking their neck out can get them killed if a few too many people find it suspicious. I doubt the SK would risk their life to take a gamble.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”