Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Kinetic »

Looks like constructive discussion has ceased... if it ever began. I'm going to go sleep in the corner, wake me when you guys start playing the game.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 am

Post by YagamiLight »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

FYI: I've not dropped nor picked up anything this night/daycycle[/quote]Are you saying you have no items?
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:54 am

Post by JDodge »

Kinetic wrote:Looks like constructive discussion has ceased... if it ever began. I'm going to go sleep in the corner, wake me when you guys start playing the game.
If you're so worried about us "not being constructive", why don't you actually contribute something "constructive"?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="YagamiLight"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

FYI: I've not dropped nor picked up anything this night/daycycle[/quote]Are you saying you have no items?[/quote]

FoS: YagamiLight
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:04 am

Post by JDodge »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="YagamiLight"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

FYI: I've not dropped nor picked up anything this night/daycycle[/quote]Are you saying you have no items?[/quote]

[/quote]

Might I ask why?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="JDodge"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="YagamiLight"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

[/quote]

Might I ask why?[/quote]

if you were town, it would be obvious. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:07 am

Post by JDodge »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="JDodge"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="YagamiLight"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

[/quote]

Might I ask why?[/quote]

if you were town, it would be obvious. :roll:[/quote]

I'm going to guess you're going to say "fishing", which is rather bullshit since you've been pushing for an item-claim.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:13 am

Post by YagamiLight »

We were already going to do a mass item claim (what happened to that?). Ther is nothing wrong with me wondering if thats what he meant. If he had an item he wouldn't even have to tell me, just say that he has one.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Mariyta »

For the record, I found it odd the way K-Scope said it too. He never says he has nothing, just that he didn't drop anything or pick anything up. Doesn't mean he didn't get something or start with something last night...
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Mariyta »

'Sides, he never picked who was supposed to go next.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="JDodge"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="JDodge"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="YagamiLight"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Do we need to collect items then?

[/quote]

Might I ask why?[/quote]

if you were town, it would be obvious. :roll:[/quote]

I'm going to guess you're going to say "fishing", which is rather bullshit since you've been pushing for an item-claim.[/quote]

FoS: Jdodge

Don't act dumb. If you own a shop (as i believe 90% of protown players do) you get an item every night. Thus, if K-Scope has not picked up, or dropped any items, he should still have 1 item. Why did neither you or Yagami know this?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:31 am

Post by YagamiLight »

I knew that, I wanted to see if he said he had anything for that very reason. After he answered, if he had said no, I would have called him on it. I think all people own shops, as there are 29 locations with items. So if he had said no, then he would have been lying.
-Al Franken-
SuperMarioSunshine
SuperMarioSunshine
Goon
SuperMarioSunshine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by SuperMarioSunshine »

wow, last time i checked, there were few votes, and now, 3 different bandwagons have fled by. The remains of them are pretty much gone but the scope bandwagon in still there. BTW, the item claiming thing, why would you want to do that?
IHSIB- I don't know. He's like one of those overactive doghounds. --R160B
Ninnnnnnnnnnntendo! Woohoo!!!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I agree with YL. The fact that KScope phrased it that way he did made me think he was scum who didn't know how the items worked, when he should've been claiming he had at least one item.
Permanent V/LA.
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

It certainly does sound like that. My vote's fine where it is, then.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Are we still going through with the item claim? If so, I would prefer that KaleiÐoscøpe go first now.
-Al Franken-
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kinetic, Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:48 pm Post subject: 217 wrote:I'll tell you the honest truth, I really don't like this item claiming thing.

First, there is not even a consensus on WHAT we are claiming. There are three possible item lists we can claim as I see it. The items we are currently holding, the items we can get randomly from our stores, and the items we need. Some people are saying we are only claiming the items that we are holding, others are saying other things.

Second, no one has presented a case where this HELPS town. Are we going to item claim every day? Even if we did, the scum still have plenty of time to make up a story. From what I have read, this might help the scum by letting them pick up items that they know other players need or holding items they can't use just so someone else doesn't use it.

Third, how do we know that the scum don't have some sorts of abilities that require them to know what items someone has or needs, and can use some power roles for it? What if scum need certain items from people and decide when to kill the based on that knowledge.

I'm sorry, I really don't like this idea, nor the way people are just saying "Its a good idea" without explaining why. I've seen some vague explanations, but that is it. Until some of these points are addressed, I can honestly say I will be avoiding a mass item claim at this time.
JDodge,Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:54 am Post subject: 228 wrote:
Kinetic, Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 am Post subject: 226 wrote:Looks like constructive discussion has ceased... if it ever began. I'm going to go sleep in the corner, wake me when you guys start playing the game.
If you're so worried about us "not being constructive", why don't you actually contribute something "constructive"?
I find it funny that everyone (save MOS) just ignored this.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I didn't ignore it, Kinetic. I just don't care. :)

Yagami, I went first. It is currently K-Scope's turn, and he has failed to do anything but cast more suspicion on himself by a)sounding suspicious in how he told us he didn't change items in any way, b) not bothering to tell us his current items, which it seems most are in agreement that he should have at least one, and c)not picking anyone to go after him, thus proving he's not paying attention to the game in the least little bit. I'll admit, I rarely pay attention in games, but even I knew we were playing popcorn!!
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Oh, and
Vote K-Scope
-Susan Ertz

Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Blight »

YagamiLight wrote:I knew that, I wanted to see if he said he had anything for that very reason. After he answered, if he had said no, I would have called him on it. I think all people own shops, as there are 29 locations with items. So if he had said no, then he would have been lying.
Another good reason to item claim.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Okay, Mariyta, I compeletly missed the item claim portion of that post, and given that he was chosen to claim already, and posted that post instead, I think he was trying to say he has no items, so for now,
unvote
if I'm voting, and
Vote KaleiÐoscøpe
Also Kinetic, my understanding was that we were claiming the item our store gave us last night, and if you still are holding it. I think the biggest possible benefit from claiming items, is that if something happens at night, we may be able to figure out who did the action by looking at items. I see what your saying about the problems, and I did think about these things, so I was actually thinking we should claim today, and if anything happens, we can decide then if claiming every day is a good thing or bad thing.
-Al Franken-
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Well, I'm not going to claim what item(s) I have, if that's what you're thinking. I don't see the purpose of that.
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:24 pm

Post by tautology »

unvote
vote: K-Scope

An item claim seems to be in the town's interest. At the very least, you should try to justify why you won't participate in the mass claim that's already begun.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Not claiming your items only makes it easier for the scum to manipulate the items in the game so that they benefit.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”