Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Twomz »

Adele wrote:
Twomz wrote:I too am here. I suppose our best option would be to have everyone check in and do a top scum choices (with reasons) posting session? If it is not useful now, it may be useful in the endgame.
It also seems like a helpful thing to do for the scum; they can figure out who suspects them against who has influence and build a (sufficiently wifomy, obv) strategy from there...
Such Tom foolery is possible, but I would think that eventually the town would be better for it because of the correlation between night kills and peoples lists. That is why I specified endgame, I am unsure of how helpful it would be in the current situation, besides maybe to see patterns in others suspicions.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:04 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Just letting you all know Thin_Man picked up his prod. Everyone else is about and active. However I think we need things to pick up and not stall hence pre-emptive deadline of two weeks from today, retractable if enough of you request it.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

About this whole collective check-in scumlist thing, I suggested this in the first game I ever played and a tidal wave of response showed me how scummy that suggestion is, mainly for the reasons that Adele posted. This idea forces everyone to make a clear post of who they feel may be scum, and people's hypothetical intentions can be easily turned against them later. It gives the scum concrete evidence to quote and mislead.

I don't mind coming out and saying that less and less, I feel like pdcakes is scum, but I know that initial wave of suspicion was definitely there and it was strong enough to convince me to be prudent in unvoting. Right now I feel like everyone has been making such a successful effort to stay neutral, its a little hard to draw the necessary lines.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Twomz »

Then things must have changed since I last played, because I have always seen and heard of top 3 scum lists to be at least a catalyst for conversation, and normally useful in finding connections between players and coming to a conclusion on who to vote for.

I assume that there was a game lost because scum knew who to target more accurately to help them in the endgame?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by Aimee »

Twomz wrote:Then things must have changed since I last played, because I have always seen and heard of top 3 scum lists to be at least a catalyst for conversation, and normally useful in finding connections between players and coming to a conclusion on who to vote for.

I assume that there was a game lost because scum knew who to target more accurately to help them in the endgame?
I agree with this. Personally I find it immensely helpful later (especially when a scum is dead) to analyse these suspicion lists, and definitely advocate us all doing them.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Adele »

Twomz wrote:I assume that there was a game lost because scum knew who to target more accurately to help them in the endgame?
I was just posting my gut response of a worst case scenario. I have concerns; I'm not certain it's a good idea. However, I'm not saying that I think it's necessarily a bad idea, and I certainly don't think Twomz is scummy for suggesting it. I'm definately not going as far as GodofWine, for example:
GodOfWine wrote:It gives the scum concrete evidence to quote and mislead.
The ability to quote is more in favour of the town than the scum: misquotes will be caught, misleads can be pointed out (which can go into navel-gazing circles but can just as easily turn up Bad Apples). Evidence is power for the town, broadly speaking. This was never my concern; rather, I'm worried about how the information might influence NKs (in answer to Twomz, yes, but the mafia could instead NK everyone who suspects Townie number 1, so he's under particular suspicion in endgame. It turns into stone-paper-scissors).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Twomz »

navel-gazing circles
Quoted for awesomeness.

"Worst case scenario" for me is that no one talks and the mafia slowly picks off the town through inaction.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:54 am

Post by pdcakes »

i actually agree with twomz about the suspicion list. Mainly because right now there isnt much happening...and it might stir up some discussion....although the endgame factor is a good point....but if we keep sitting here doing nothing then the scum will wipe us all out anyway
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

Okay well since everyone (who is relatively active) seems to agree about the list idea, I will submit to democracy. But I will not take any blame whatsoever for suggesting the idea if later it turns around and bites us in our collective ass.

Who wants to go first? Twomz should initiate, it was his idea.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Twomz »

Sure, it is fine by mean as long as everyone else is ok with it. I would be willing to start as soon as I have enough time to do a reread (tonight would probably be good).
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by SirWario »

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I just haven't had anything worthwhile to say. I'm fine with posting top suspects, discussion has lagged recently anyway.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I can go either way on posting scum lists, I think (as it has been pointed out already) scum lists are good for reference points later in the game. For Day 1, they are just conversation starters which I am always for..though I can tell you now Thin_man is keeping my vote until he is replaced or comments on something. Dont like the fact he has received his prod and has not responded...

Mod, how long are you going to give him?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

He responded by PM that he would post shortly.

I'll prod him again tomorrow, if he doesn't appear within another 24 hours of that I'll look for a replacement.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:13 am

Well the more time goes by, the more my vote grows stronger on him. I am usually not for lynch the lurker, I always insisit they are replaced, but if he has contacted the mod by PM by still refuses to post, that is different story.

I guess it should also be noted that it looks like thin-man hasnt really posted anywhere since the 7th (a bah post) in the only other game he was in ( I think). So he has been checking in to the site (got the PM) but he is in no other game and he is not posting here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Twomz »

Perhaps he just has not had time to post?

/shrug A replace would be fine with me... although if he is getting his PMs he should at least pop in to say that he is busy >.<
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Aimee »

In the other game I am in with him, his last post was yesterday. :?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Adele »

I'll happily go along with the posting of suspects. I propose that when people post their lists, they also get to choose who goes next.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:58 am

Post by ryan »

Adele wrote:I'll happily go along with the posting of suspects. I propose that when people post their lists, they also get to choose who goes next.
Why should anyone propose who goes next? The active people will post and the inactives will either get a prod or get replaced, quite simple I think.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:38 am

ryan wrote:
Adele wrote:I'll happily go along with the posting of suspects. I propose that when people post their lists, they also get to choose who goes next.
Why should anyone propose who goes next? The active people will post and the inactives will either get a prod or get replaced, quite simple I think.
what does it matter either way?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:39 am

Aimee wrote:In the other game I am in with him, his last post was yesterday. :?
are you sure, according to his profile he posted on the 7th.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:41 am

I also note, that Mr.-someone-placed-my-name-on-a-note-and-called-me-scum has not posted here since the 8th
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:50 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I also note, that Mr.-someone-placed-my-name-on-a-note-and-called-me-scum has not posted here since the 8th
Excellent point, where you at Adam?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Twomz »

Top 3 scummiest List:

1) Paradoxombie

2) Adam/thin_man

3) pdcakes

Reasons so far
Paradoxombie - Imo blew the No Lynch thing out of proportion (FoSed me just for suggesting it, instead of removing vote, also mildly scummy imo) and then tried to attack me for the reason that "it was odd that no one attacked him for it". Fosed pdcakes while he had a random vote on him (just carelessness, but worth noting).

Thin_Man - Started off ok, made kinda a big deal about the no lynch, but was not the only person. Has not posted since the 3rd although he is posting elsewhere and picked up the prod.

SirWario - Hmm, not really much to say, has some good posts and some bad posts... could be said to be sitting on the fence for some things, but is contributing. Posting has fallen off, but so has discussion so it is normal.

ryan - Like I said earlier, I had a feeling about him, but after reading over the thread again, nothing really stuck out again. Neutral on his alignment so far.

pdcakes - Responded well to pressure when I put pressure on him. I still find his opinion on adam mildly suspicious, but I can somewhat understand the lesser of two evils side to it.

Adam - The Note. Has not posted in a while. Suspicious of pdcakes but does not vote him.

Adele - The # of scum issue and the opposition to a top 3 scum thing, but both of those are understandable arguments in my eyes.

Aimee - Argued against Paradox's attack on me as bad logic. Has been contributing but has not moved from her random vote.

CKD - Used pretty good logic near beginning, has since gone to metagaming and lurker voting. Nothing too bad though.

GoW - Appears to believe pdcakes is scum. Not really anything else to note.

Kaben - Was cautious about voting for pdcakes.

Mkay, so
unvote, vote paradoxombie
. As I said in his note, pdcakes responded well to the pressure, although he is still on my list. Adam and thinman have not posted in a while... so I put them near the top for lurking and not contributing. I think paradoxombie just kinda jumped out at me this reread. I will try to post a full case against him later to give him a better chance to defend himself.

In the mean time, Paradox can go ahead and post his list next ;).
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

I have been totally open about my psuedo-suspicions so far. And I don't think there's any point in ranking them. I don't really think listing suspicions is a great idea, but the game definitely does need so momentum. I would like to hear if anyone has any new thoughts or ideas. And if anyone has any serious suspicions, I say be bold and vote.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Adam and Thin_Man have been prodded.

If Thin_Man fails to post within 24 hours I will replace him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”