Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Titus »

Town never had a mislynch wagon get three townies but for VC 1.02 and on day 3 where they lynched the neutral survivorish role. Scums were lynched on Day 1 2 and 4. Two scum were caught by post 20 and the other was having trouble getting engaged. Town used a series of neighborhood and mason mechanics to outfox the scumteam. They even forced scum to kill a leading mislynch suspect. Town had moments of paranoia but scum could do nothing with those.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:00 am

Post by mastin2 »

Second the town of Suikoden UPick for Best Performance: Town
Pretty incredible play, when you think about it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 450, Titus wrote:Two scum were caught by post 20 and the other was having trouble getting engaged.

Sounds more like crap scumplay than great townplay if you ask me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Drixx »

Third for Suikoden Best town

Getting all scum and a role that would be harmful to town in LYLO as the lynches is just the start. Town was super organized, with multiple higher than usual level plays being made by multiple members of the town. Even with victory in hand, the town continued to work hard to ensure that being wrong on the final lynch wouldn't cause the town to implode.

If there's an award for best individual performance as town, would like to nominate Titus for it from this same game. With the exception of mistaking a mason pair for scum, she had the game figured out in the first 48-72 hours of the game. Like, literally had it figured out. She had correctly picked three strong town players and had identified all scum in her listing of scum. In fact, if you take out the mason pairing, her scum reads contained
only
scum. In the early part of freaking day one. Absurdly good performance by an individual.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Antihero »

the self noms....
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Just noticed the self nom. Smh
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Psyche »

im not losing sleep over it
You can't step in the same river twice.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:34 am

Post by wgeurts »

Shamelessly self-nom Suikoden
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

I was more impressed by a specific single performance in the town than the whole, but I don't see a way to nominate just Titus. In place of what I cannot do, I'll second the next best thing, even if it is a self-nom. The performance by her was that impressive.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by singersigner »

There's a paragon award, isn't there? You could add it to her nomination for that.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

yeah, but that's body of work, etc
You can't step in the same river twice.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 459, singersigner wrote:There's a paragon award, isn't there? You could add it to her nomination for that.

In post 460, Psyche wrote:yeah, but that's body of work, etc

We're coming up on the end of the year. I guess I'll review some Titus games and see if there are similarly impressive performances elsewhere and if so I'll do that. Thanks for pointing it out guys. I read the opening post and somehow missed it.

And yeah, I get the negative stigma of self nomination, but I hope the committee overlooks it in this case. The play that Titus pulled off was by itself amazingly impressive, and objectively speaking (taking my own part of it out of the equation), the town pulled off a super impressive performance. I wouldn't have added my voice to the nomination if I didn't believe that it was objectively among the best town performances I've seen all year.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's a negative stigma because if it was notable someone who wasn't on the team would have nominated it. Or will going forward if you have patience.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I was a little uncertain on whether this thread was purely for nominations or debate was encouraged but since it is being discussed, I'll add my two cents.

I read the game really quickly. The scumteam wasn't all that impressive. At least two members (LicketyQuickety and Klingoncelt) had fairly weak games objectively and the remaining scum member was decent but not distinctive. They had the kind of playstyle that would have gotten them lynched regardless of alignment and didn't play a particularly strong or threatening game that would need town to put in extra effort to catch them.

I did not see where Titus had the scumteam pegged despite ISOing her so a link would be nice. I'll believe it though. In a different game I played with Titus, she had two members of our scumteam nailed on D1 in a Blitz game. We mislynched her but her reads were good: Blitz 1. I'm against supporting the best town performance nomination as it currently stands.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Time to reread that game for me.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:35 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I will admit I played terribly for the first portion of my involvement in this game. I did, however end up making some decent posts.

I will say Town got extremely lucky with the way it played out. Jeanne11's play to neighborize Titus was a stroke of luck like you wouldn't believe. Add the fact that Elb was thrown into the mix and it def makes it look like Town had way more info to work with than Scum did. I belie it would have been ultimately necessary for Scum to have day chat to even have a chance at such a disadvantage early game.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 462, Ythan wrote:It's a negative stigma because if it was notable someone who wasn't on the team would have nominated it. Or will going forward if you have patience.

That's not always the case. I pulled off what I feel like was objectively a really top notch scum performance in SMITE (as did the SK, who lost out to me in a 1-1-2 final day). I replaced in to a team demoralized and inactive, who both could have prevented being lynched the days they got lynched, costing the town and buying me time, since I had really solid town credibility. Neither of them was really communicative. At one time both of them were literally idle in the main thread for something like 18 and 21 days. They didn't work with me at all, making me essentially a solo agent from day 3 onward. Both of them had role utility that could have made it way more easy for me, but neither would even do so much as just let me tell them what I would like them to do to help my own play.

It was, objectively, the best scum game I've ever played, and a friend who came from the same site as me said it was among the best scum games he's ever seen in over a decade playing forum mafia.

But ... nobody ever nominated. It was briefly discussed in the game thread, and I think someone simply said that another person was going to win the Master Manipulator so there wasn't any point in nominating. I didn't see any nomination in thread for the person they mentioned, so I have no idea why they thought that other than they said that this other guy did something a bit more impressive with much higher states. I'm new around here and if someone else did something even better, they should win, so I was a little bummed that nobody felt it warranted even being looked at, when I've been playing a really long time and put on the best performance I ever have, by a huge margin, and pulled out a win that any observer would have said simply wasn't possible at day 3 of the game.

I never came and self nominated (and won't do so) for that. I gave the details simply so I could say the next bit and you could have context for how good something has to be for me to second it when it's a self nomination and I am part of the team being nominated:

So when I say that I feel like The town play super early was so decisively good that it warrants nomination, even though I was part of that town ... I'm being as objective as I can possibly be.

In post 463, OceanWind wrote:I was a little uncertain on whether this thread was purely for nominations or debate was encouraged but since it is being discussed, I'll add my two cents.

I read the game really quickly. The scumteam wasn't all that impressive. At least two members (LicketyQuickety and Klingoncelt) had fairly weak games objectively and the remaining scum member was decent but not distinctive. They had the kind of playstyle that would have gotten them lynched regardless of alignment and didn't play a particularly strong or threatening game that would need town to put in extra effort to catch them.

I did not see where Titus had the scumteam pegged despite ISOing her so a link would be nice. I'll believe it though. In a different game I played with Titus, she had two members of our scumteam nailed on D1 in a Blitz game. We mislynched her but her reads were good: Blitz 1. I'm against supporting the best town performance nomination as it currently stands.

Look in Jeanne11's posts for a post where Varsoon warned her not to copy and paste. There's two steps to it:

1.) Titus identified really hard to read people as town and put together a synergy of abilities and had correct town reads ridiculously early, and used the synergy of abilities to run a gambit that caught scum.
2.) Titus was concerned about dying and left Jeanne11 notes on who was scum, and she had the entire scum team listed in those notes. She also listed the mason pair, but it's understandable to misread masons as possible scum, especially when one of the masons white knights the other.

So she literally had pretty much the whole town figured out in the first few realtime days of the game, and by the time she made a note leaving instructions to Jeanne11 in case she were to be killed, she had correctly identified the entire scum team. On day one. A big part of how she did it was a gambit she organized and which was hampered by someone who was "in the know" about it and got overly anxious. She still managed to get it all right on day one when she literally had only one piece of information she knew for absolute certainty: Her own role.

I find that exceptionally impressive ... especially given how difficult a couple of the players in the game are to read. I think it's really easy to look at a finished product and say that the scum weren't impressive ... but they never stood a chance. Having been on a scum team that had a member lynched on each of the first three days of a game, I can tell you that it will really knock out the desire to dig in an invest when the chances are so slim.

I frequently find that when one team dominates, it's hard to objectively decide whether that team was just really very good or if the other team was just really bad. In this case, what made me decide the town was really good is primarily the way Titus had things nailed so early and the fact that other town players with powerful roles were able to trust her (Titus is really difficult to read for most people) and work together so that individually "so so" powers combined to basically make it game over early in day one.

Anyway ... I won't say more about it. I'll read some more of Titus from this year and possibly nom her for the single award. If there's a couple more games like this one, I think she should at least be considered.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Sorry for pulling a "wall of text Drixx" post out there.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:04 am

Post by shos »

I...actually considered self-nominating for Kodak Moment, the game that I won - was revived back into the game and won again - but I realy thought that was badly looked upon, so I didn't.....should I? :o
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:06 am

Post by wgeurts »

I can nominate it as the mod since I have already proven I have no shame
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:41 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 460, Psyche wrote:yeah, but that's body of work, etc
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 454, Antihero wrote:the self noms....

can this not be a thing
whew!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 471, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 454, Antihero wrote:the self noms....

can this not be a thing

I'm never going to nominate a game other than one I'm involved in. I simply don't care enough about anyone else's games to actually read their game and determine if they deserve to be nominated, and I'm certain the majority of players feel the same way. It's simply too much time to properly evaluate a games and the merits of the nomination.

The problem with automatically discounting self nominations is you are now relying on the mod nominating performances they find notable for the players, because nobody else has any real reason to actually read a game. This is the single most significant obstacle in the path of games which deserve to be nominated, successfully being nominated. Then you add in the additional factor that if the pool is essentially limited to just players in the game, and you're going to discount those who were involved in a team performance nomination, the only people who are likely to have read the game and be eligible to nominate it are members of the opposing teams in said game, who certainly have a predisposition to discount the success of their foes either by simply refusing to acknowledge their strong play, or by suggesting their own play was weak, and thus they do not deserve praise.

Anyways, that's just my thought on the matter of self nominations. In this case, mastin wasn't even in the game, and seconded the nomination . I find it ludicrous that because Titus posted the nomination first (assuming mastin would have nominated it in any case), the nomination now jas a question mark next to it.

Actually, seriously, this thread really shouldn't have discussion about nominations at all. It's absurd that people come here because they thought something which happened was worthy of nomination, and then someone else immediately comes in and disparage the nomination for whatever reason. If you want to weigh in on who should win a scummy, join the committee judging them, don't come shit over what someone else believed to be an accomplishment.

Alright, enough of my rant. :)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 472, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm never going to nominate a game other than one I'm involved in. I simply don't care enough about anyone else's games to actually read their game and determine if they deserve to be nominated, and I'm certain the majority of players feel the same way. It's simply too much time to properly evaluate a games and the merits of the nomination.

Then leave it to people who do?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by shos »

In post 473, Ythan wrote:
In post 472, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm never going to nominate a game other than one I'm involved in. I simply don't care enough about anyone else's games to actually read their game and determine if they deserve to be nominated, and I'm certain the majority of players feel the same way. It's simply too much time to properly evaluate a games and the merits of the nomination.

Then leave it to people who do?

Question is, thrn, how many games do the people who do, read?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”