Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Jex »

Oman wrote:Guys, Goldfish has not only played quite scummily (check my analysis for my reasons) but also gone to (OMGUS) town on me and mirth. I don't want a nolynch today, its never a good thing.
I understand your outlook on Delicious. However, I am weary to vote for her because she always plays such an OMGUSy townsperson. I've played many games with her and almost find her more scummy sounding when she's town. I'm not defending her or saying I don' suspect her, I just don't think I have a good enough read on her quite yet. For now my vote stays on Pug.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Oman »

unvote vote pbug
I never say what HC was talking about, but after checking it is in fact true.

Note: HC is pretty sure inhim is scum.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Pug89 »

Pug: Has almost been a non-factor in this game. Mexal made an
excellent point that Pug has tended to just parrot the arguments of
others.* Also, and admittedly this is a bit OMGUS, I don't like how
he implied that my pro-Grek stance is suspicious, since I feel I
logically explained everything I felt about Grek. I think Pug may be
trying to deflect the topic of the conversation
I'm fairly certain Grek is scum and you have done a fair amount of defending of him. This alone is far from proving you are mafia but you then voted for Mirth, who I think is town, and I don't think the reason you gave for the vote was very satisfactory. You defended someone I think is scum and voted for someone I think is town, that makes you look more suspicious in my eyes. I'm sorry if that seems totally unreasonable to you but that's how it is. Another thing, you say I'm parroting so I make it a point to reread and adress a few things I notice that haven't been brought up before, when I do you say I trying to deflect attention away from myself. It seems like no matter what I do you think I'm scum.
Alright, after a reread of Pug, I noticed the only thing he's said about inHim was an attempt to answer a question that was intended for inHim and then a general "I'd like to hear more from him". Then Pug never pursued his desire to hear more from inHim; in fact, Pug never mentions his name again.

That, and most of the things people say they find suspicious about me, is from near the beggining of the game. That was over a month ago so I don't remember exactly what I was thinking at the time but shortly after that ben posted his non-reasoning for his vote on Mirth so Inhim and my focus mostly shifted away from Inhim. Anything I might have said in regard to Inhim was said by others so I didn't bring him up. Shortly after that I moved and started college so I didn't have much time to read the game and Inhim said nothing significant and he has been gone since then.
As for Pug89, he doesn't seem to have posted anything noteworthy, just reinterated things other people said without changing his vote. Like he is trying to look active without geting any attention pointed his way. I Ttink I'll put a third vote on him for presure.
Something Grek conviently leaves out is that the vote I'm not moving is on him, essentialy making his vote OMGUS. HC's vote is slightly as well.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Oman »

I also call Pug Pbug in the above post. Sorry if you read this pbug :(
Pug wrote:That, and most of the things people say they find suspicious about me, is from near the beggining of the game.
Cause there has been so many other posts to look at :roll:
Pug wrote:Something Grek conviently leaves out is that the vote I'm not moving is on him, essentialy making his vote OMGUS. HC's vote is slightly as well.
This is just funny. Grek gives a reason (quite good) for why he think you're scum. You do just reiterate things that others said. You do try to look acitve without attention being pointed your way. Then you say is OMGUS, stop misrepresenting Greks vote on you. Also HC is OMGUS, because you're voting for him AND grek.

Well, I'm going to say that your OMGUS call on grek is OMGUS for voting you. Its like OMGUS4OMUGSING. "An Omgus for an Omgus, and the whole world goes.....Bongus?"

Whatever, my point is that you are wrong.

Vote stands (though on pug more than pbug)
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Agh, sorry about disappearing for 2 days. Life decided to be evil and destroy my computer time.

Comments on what just happened:

Haschel: I don't like that you feel so convinced about someone who has barely posted and is in desperate need of a replacement. I don't like InHim's play, but I don't see anything about it that is a clear indicator of scumminess. Why are you so certain? Also, why did you just vote hop from InHim to Pug? I'm going to keep my eye on you.

The rest, well, I'm not convinced there's a decent case against Pug either...sure he hasn't actually been playing, but a lack of contribution only sets off my scumdar in very extreme cases. And I don't like Haschel's last post. It strikes me as an oppurtunist move to get a lynch in. Especially since he's so convinced of InHim's scumminess. It feels to me that he brings up the possibility of Pug and InHim being partners only to justify his vote switching.

Last ditch attempt at trying to get more conversation in before deadline:
Mod, any remote chance of pushing back the deadline a little more? Pretty please with sugar on top?
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:39 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

No. Deadline is 20.00 GMT+1 tomorrow.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Pug89 »

This is just funny. Grek gives a reason (quite good) for why he think you're scum. You do just reiterate things that others said. You do try to look acitve without attention being pointed your way. Then you say is OMGUS, stop misrepresenting Greks vote on you. Also HC is OMGUS, because you're voting for him AND grek.

Well, I'm going to say that your OMGUS call on grek is OMGUS for voting you. Its like OMGUS4OMUGSING. "An Omgus for an Omgus, and the whole world goes.....Bongus?"
You make think his reason is good but it's not true. That's not what I'm trying to do at all. There was a period of a few weeks were I was very busy and didn't have much time to post and as far as the parroting it's not anything I did on purpose; there was one instance were inbetween the time I started typing my post and when I hit submit someone else had posted saying the basically the same thing. Grek made a point of saying I was not moving my vote when he voted for me but failed to say that that vote was on him. I said HC is slightly OMGUS because I voiced that I was suspicious of him and he later voted for me.

I doubt it will make a difference at this point but does anyone want me to claim?
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Mirth »

I generally do not like claims, but, considering that you're at L-2 in a deadline situation where, if I read the rules correctly, the player with the most votes dies at deadline regardless of whether the amount is a majority, and deadline is in less than 24 hours, I would not be opposed to you claiming. I would, however, prefer if you held off making that decision until a few more people commented on it.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Mexal »

By all means claim if you think claiming will help the townies. Then we'll see if there is a counter claim and go from there.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Depending on the role, I would advise against counterclaiming in some cases. Because if Pug falsely claims a powerrole, if that powerrole exists in this setup, we might not want to risk giving the scum extra information about whom to nightkill.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Pug89 »

Normally I would wait for a few more people to respond but since there is less than a day til deadline I am going to go ahead and claim.

I am Merlin, I can use my abilities to protect someone each night. Basically I'm a doctor. I protected Nox Night 0. This is one of the reasons I don't like the Nox wagon on the first page. There's a good chance it is just a coincidence but I don't like the fact the person who was likely targeted for a NK was almost quicklynched on page 1.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Then I guess we'll soon find out tomorrow if you're lying, because unless we have more than one doctor (or a doctor and a role blocker), you will have no reason to be alive tomorrow.

That said, I ask that nobody counterclaims. If Pug is lying, we don't want the real doctor dead. If, by some chance, we have two doctors (or a doctor and a roleblocker), we don't want them both targeted.

If, however, someone has an investigator role and investigated Pug last night, I ask that they come forward if, and only if, they have a confirmed guilty. (A confirmed innocent would end up with two dead powerroles, which would be bad.)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Unvote.
I'm not going to lynch a claimed doctor on the first day.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Jex »

According to Wikipedia:
After their ship crashed into sharp rocks, Shrek, Donkey, Puss, and Arthur get stranded on a island where they met Arthur's retired teacher Merlin. Since he retired due to a nervous breakdown (although he calls it "third-level fatigue"), Merlin is rather crazy and his magic spells usually go wrong. In order to help Shrek and Arthur reconcile, he makes them look into a thick cloud of smoke to reveal their thoughts.
Not exactly who I would see as a doctor, but I can't think of who I would put as the doctor either. For now
unvote
. I'm going to look back at some people.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Pug89 »

It wasn't actually called doctor, but that's basically what it is.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Mexal »

I sure do hate when people claim doctors. The threat of a healer gets taken out of the equation and that sucks for when the finder reveals.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Grek »

I'll
Unvote
. We'll have to decide what to do tomarrow. If he dies, he is town. If we have a cop, he should get investigated. What does the rest of the town thing about making him revel who he protected the day after in order to verify his story.

I suppose my second choice would be inHimshallibefor the following reasons:

He put a 4th vote on Nox. He then justified it by saying he misstook the Jexs/Noxs but also knew jex had exactly 3 votes. That seems inconsistant.

Did not unvote Nox after his mistake was pointed out, instead waiting to jump onto my bandwagon.

Defended ben and outright stated he didn't want him lynched.

Vote:inHimshallibe
Click this link for boobies:
[url]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1048/boobyxr1.jpg[/url]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Oman »

pug wrote:You make think his reason is good but it's not true.
I can't know that can I?
mirth wrote:I would advise against counterclaiming in some cases.
This girl is oh so obviously town.
pug wrote:It wasn't actually called doctor, but that's basically what it is.
you may claim the rolename word for word. Just not the whole PM. Do you mind telling us what you can do?
grek wrote: If we have a cop, he should get investigated.
what a waste. Also, don't direct the cop, they're big enough and ugly enough to do it themselves.

My vote stays on pug. I simply cannot see Merlin as the doctor, not to mention the fact that he contradicts himself, saying "it wasn't actually a doctor, but thats basically it"
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Pug89 »

The post never calls my role doctor, or anything specific for that matter, but that's essentialy what I am.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Jex »

i really don't like your claim pug. I'm confused on how you are a doctor but aren't a doctor. Is there more to your role that you aren't sharing?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Oman »

pug wrote:The post never calls my role doctor, or anything specific for that matter, but that's essentialy what I am.
Do not hide this from us, if you really are protown, then you can't gain anything by hiding.

AT THE VERY VEYR BEST: I would say merlin is an ineffective doc of some kind.
Grek
Grek
Goon
Grek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Grek »

Jex wrote:i really don't like your claim pug. I'm confused on how you are a doctor but aren't a doctor. Is there more to your role that you aren't sharing?
From what I read, he is role-claiming Merlin and telling us that while his role pm does not outright state that he is a doctor, the mechanics of his role are exactly like those of a doctor.
Click this link for boobies:
[url]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1048/boobyxr1.jpg[/url]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Oman »

Yeah but it sounds like there is more to it. And I don't like anyone hiding anything from the town (especially as I don't believe this role claim)
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Pug89 »

From what I read, he is role-claiming Merlin and telling us that while his role pm does not outright state that he is a doctor, the mechanics of his role are exactly like those of a doctor.
That would me correct.
AT THE VERY VEYR BEST: I would say merlin is an ineffective doc of some kind.
While I don't now for sure if Nox was targeted last night, I protected her and there were no deaths so I would say I'm effective; unless there's a roleblocker or another doc.
Yeah but it sounds like there is more to it. And I don't like anyone hiding anything from the town (especially as I don't believe this role claim)
There's nothing else to it. I could have worded that better initialy, sorry.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't buy it.

The way I see it, if you are a doc, you're dead tonight anyway, unless we let you live with the clause if you survive you're the lynch. Wait let me rephrase:

We have two choices: 1) lynch Pug
2) Don't

The scum have two choices:
1) Kill pug
2) don't

If pug is scum, they will not kill him. If we say he is scum if he lives through the night, they will not kill him.

The end result is that based on a smart mafia and a smart town, our best bet is to lynch Pug.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”