Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well I'll say this much. I cannot say I absolutely wouldn't have hammered MGM, but I would have waited until the last possible moment to do so. I am upset with Mirth, but I'm not sure how to take it.

I still feel Stewie is the SK, MGM was the only other person with a chance in my mind. But I implore everyone, trust NO ONE at the beginning of the day. There are three people left, any one of them can be the SK.

I don't know if I'll live through the SK kill. Originally I thought Mirth would be the one to die, she seemed almost perfect because she is almost as sure as I can be that someone is townie. Her latest moves have me wondering though. If she somehow is alive no one better just write her off... It all depends on who the SK is... If the SK is Mirth, then the person most likely for her to kill would be Heather. I've been gunning for Stewie, there is no reason for her to believe I won't again. In addition, even if she can't get me to vote Stewie, it is very possible she could get Stewie to vote me. She has been gunning for me all game (her own vote history she posted is proof :P).

Stewie... I've said my peace... I'm almost sure he's the SK. My reasons have been mentioned. If the SK IS Stewie, I can see him killing me or Mirth. His choice rests on if he kills me if he can WIFOM himself out of the SK position. If he kills Mirth then he'll try and get either me or Heather to mis-vote the other so he can hammer.

Heather I haven't really looked at since day 3 was it? If the final three IS me Stewie and Heather, I will definitely take a good look at her before voting. If she is the SK I would expect her to kill Mirth no question. She is the person who is the most town-looking at this point, and she could very well hide until Stewie or myself voted the the other one.

Quick votes during the next day are anti-town. I think I will be in the final three, mainly because I have enough suspicion on being the possible SK that the real SK might be able to convince another townie to vote me. If I'm killed then the SK is playing a very interesting and dangerous game of random vote..
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by Mirth »

Kinetic, I realize that my move was stupid as hell, but it was based on mistaking Sunday for Saturday in an exhausted state, but I also realize that isn't a very convincing defense. If I die, I suggest to the remaining townies to look very closely at my last few posts. (And to shut up about them until the kill occurs, just needed to get them in, in case of me dying.) At this moment, I'm going to have to say that it shouldn't be hard to guess whom I suspect, based on all my past behavior. I also don't expect to live, as I've been the biggest threat to Kinetic so far, and it would be more than reasonable to assume that's what I'd continue to do.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mirth, have you ever thought of the possibility that you are still alive BECAUSE you're so aggressive to me?

I know when I was scum in 24 I purposely let people live who were aggressive to non-scum and killed off anyone that was just on the fringe to keep things moving in a direction away from me. I won that game.

No, I'm sorry, you don't get to play that card. If I were SK I would have killed to a LONG time ago. I wouldn't have let you stay in this game so long, continuing this one women crusade against me. You dying tonight or you staying alive tonight, BOTH incriminate me! This is the SAME shit you pulled with CKD's death. You say if he lived I was scum, if he died I was scum. You're playing like a newb, stop doing that. I'm reasonably sure you're town but you keep making these stupid attacks instead of going after scum!

Now look, I felt MGM wasn't scum for a while. I wasn't sure, and I even thought he could be the SK at some points, but so far nearly EVERY one of your "instincts" have been WRONG! Wrong on CKD, Wrong on Raffles, Wrong on MGM. Can't you even think its POSSIBLE that you're also wrong on me now?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Crap... I have a baaaaaaad feeling right now...
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by Stewie »

Kinetic wrote: No, I'm sorry, you don't get to play that card. If I were SK I would have killed to a LONG time ago. I wouldn't have let you stay in this game so long, continuing this one women crusade against me. You dying tonight or you staying alive tonight, BOTH incriminate me! This is the SAME shit you pulled with CKD's death. You say if he lived I was scum, if he died I was scum. You're playing like a newb, stop doing that. I'm reasonably sure you're town but you keep making these stupid attacks instead of going after scum!
How is that any different from:
If the SK IS Stewie, I can see him killing me or Mirth. His choice rests on if he kills me if he can WIFOM himself out of the SK position. If he kills Mirth then he'll try and get either me or Heather to mis-vote the other so he can hammer.
There's the obvious addition that, if heather dies, you'll point back to this and vote for me anyways. Regardless of who dies, I'd be scum, which is the sort of thing you are complaining about.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:58 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Thank you for telling me what I'll do before I do it. I might vote you. In fact, I'm pretty sure I will. But its different from Mirth.

She has been attacking me all game, despite everything. I just started locking on to you and explaining what I think. There is no proof that I won't change my mind, but at this point Mirth hasn't changed hers at all since the game began. All she has done is changed why she is attacking me. Even when circumstances prove her wrong she finds SOME way to justify her attack.

And what makes you think that you starting up the MGM lynch isn't going to escape my notice? Slippery scum.

I'm going to use my Newbie game logic to deduce that the SK is on MGM's lynch. -.-;;

I don't think that the SK is Heather or Mirth, mainly because I half expected the SK to lynch the first person he saw available, or at least not put his neck out if possible.

That being said, I will follow my own advice. I plan on waiting until the kill comes through and analyzing who is left. Assuming I'm left that is. I do believe you're the SK Stewie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quick vote you. Stop grasping at straws.

Last, I'm starting to get a really bad feeling...

Pooky: If the SK does not kill, and no one in the town will vote, how will a "Deadline" work in this game?

Let me explain my thought process. I brought something up yesterday. The way I would have done the last lynch. Well it is starting to feel like the SK it taking my advice for what to do. I am thinking the SK is waiting for the town to get annoyed, and start voting. TOWN DO NOT FUCKING VOTE! YOU WILL LOSE US THE GAME!

The Sk will wait until someone votes another townie. He will jump on board, daykill the townie that isn't voting or being voted for, then the person being voted will be auto lynched and he will win.

This gives him ALL the benefits of having more players alive so that he can spread suspicion out, and STILL get his day kill.

Town: If the SK refuses to narrow the field, we should REFUSE to vote until he does. We have time on our side at this time, he has been making us sweat the whole game. Let's FORCE him to sweat now.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Kinetic, three pieces of advice:

1. Don't forget about Heather. She's still alive too.
2. Actually read my vote analysis posts.
3. Shut up. You might be giving the SK ideas now.

The more you accuse people right now, the better it is for the SK (assuming you're not the SK for a second). The SK probably hasn't killed yet because he wants to see who suspects whom and what kill would be most confusing for the town.

I'm not going to let you off the hook, because I feel that stoping my "one woman crusade" against you would be very stupid at this point. I'm also not going to talk anymore until the SK kills someone. I suggest you do the same.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Stewie »

Kinetic wrote:Thank you for telling me what I'll do before I do it. I might vote you. In fact, I'm pretty sure I will. But its different from Mirth.

She has been attacking me all game, despite everything. I just started locking on to you and explaining what I think. There is no proof that I won't change my mind, but at this point Mirth hasn't changed hers at all since the game began. All she has done is changed why she is attacking me. Even when circumstances prove her wrong she finds SOME way to justify her attack.

And what makes you think that you starting up the MGM lynch isn't going to escape my notice? Slippery scum.

I'm going to use my Newbie game logic to deduce that the SK is on MGM's lynch. -.-;;

I don't think that the SK is Heather or Mirth, mainly because I half expected the SK to lynch the first person he saw available, or at least not put his neck out if possible.

That being said, I will follow my own advice. I plan on waiting until the kill comes through and analyzing who is left. Assuming I'm left that is. I do believe you're the SK Stewie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quick vote you. Stop grasping at straws.
You failed to explain how you telling Mirth that no matter who dies she is still going to be suspicious of you doesn't apply to what you said, which basically incriminates me regardless of who dies (ie: you are going to vote for me regardless of who dies, and you laid it out so that you can point back to it when it happens, or someone else can if you happen to die). Whether you quick vote me or you take your time is irrelevant.

Likewise, in this post you say that me starting the MGM bandwagon is suspicious. What bothers me is that you'd say the same had I put on my vote later on ("Stewie, you piled your vote on, slippery scum!").

I'm just going to twiddle my thumbs here for a bit.
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 am

Post by heatherlou »

I need to say something about this. Kinetic, you're bringing up a very WIFOM arguement regarding the SK. You're basically saying the SK can follow your ideas, bringing us to the fact that: 1.) you're actually the SK or 2.) the SK is trying to frame you. Neither of these are very good for you, and the phrase about you giving the SK ideas struck me as really scummy. I'm not gonna vote obviously.
Also thank you, by pointing out mirth's lynch history of non-scum I'm realizing what horrible scum finding instincts i've had this game too....ugh. I agree we wait for the SK to make their move.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Stewie wrote:You failed to explain how you telling Mirth that no matter who dies she is still going to be suspicious of you doesn't apply to what you said, which basically incriminates me regardless of who dies (ie: you are going to vote for me regardless of who dies, and you laid it out so that you can point back to it when it happens, or someone else can if you happen to die). Whether you quick vote me or you take your time is irrelevant.

Likewise, in this post you say that me starting the MGM bandwagon is suspicious. What bothers me is that you'd say the same had I put on my vote later on ("Stewie, you piled your vote on, slippery scum!").

Umm... no I explained perfectly. Stop strawmanning my argument. I said I wouldn't JUST vote for you for the sake of voting you. I would evaluate the information I get after the SK kills, if I'm still alive, and decide the best lynch from there. That is nothing like how Mirth has been the whole game. I have played an adaptive game, trying to find scum. Mirth has LOCKED onto me, and no matter what happens, she finds some way to make it so that I look scummy after word.

What, is voting for you scummy in your opinion or something? Get over yourself. If I think you're the SK after I've actually analyzed the game I will vote for you. If I think someone else is, I will vote for them.

And the reason I find you starting the MGM bandwagon scummy is because you could have piled onto Mirth and vote me, but if you DID vote me out you would be in a bind on who you could call SK on the last day. This is the main reason I think I'm still alive, so I can be the SK's scapegoat. And if Mirth is alive and townie I think you might expect her to vote me, despite everything. So I am trying to get Mirth to see her way is flawed. You are doing everything in your power to stop this, even going so far as to compare our play styles like they're the same. They're not.

Heather: We're about 3 days from when the SK should have killed. We're going to have to begin to look at the reasons for WHY. The best one I can think of, I already mentioned. If bringing that up is "scummy" you need to re-read the meaning of the word.
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I thought our SK kills usually happened later on sundays? That would put what you were saying before when the SK usually kills, that's why I said it then.
-Brendan Gill
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Stewie »

Kinetic wrote:
Stewie wrote:You failed to explain how you telling Mirth that no matter who dies she is still going to be suspicious of you doesn't apply to what you said, which basically incriminates me regardless of who dies (ie: you are going to vote for me regardless of who dies, and you laid it out so that you can point back to it when it happens, or someone else can if you happen to die). Whether you quick vote me or you take your time is irrelevant.

Umm... no I explained perfectly. Stop strawmanning my argument. I said I wouldn't JUST vote for you for the sake of voting you. I would evaluate the information I get after the SK kills, if I'm still alive, and decide the best lynch from there. That is nothing like how Mirth has been the whole game. I have played an adaptive game, trying to find scum. Mirth has LOCKED onto me, and no matter what happens, she finds some way to make it so that I look scummy after word.

What, is voting for you scummy in your opinion or something? Get over yourself. If I think you're the SK after I've actually analyzed the game I will vote for you. If I think someone else is, I will vote for them.

And the reason I find you starting the MGM bandwagon scummy is because you could have piled onto Mirth and vote me, but if you DID vote me out you would be in a bind on who you could call SK on the last day. This is the main reason I think I'm still alive, so I can be the SK's scapegoat. And if Mirth is alive and townie I think you might expect her to vote me, despite everything. So I am trying to get Mirth to see her way is flawed. You are doing everything in your power to stop this, even going so far as to compare our play styles like they're the same. They're not.

Heather: We're about 3 days from when the SK should have killed. We're going to have to begin to look at the reasons for WHY. The best one I can think of, I already mentioned. If bringing that up is "scummy" you need to re-read the meaning of the word.
All I'm saying is that the argument you are using against Mirth (not really against, but still) can also be applied to you. You say "If I think you're the SK after I've actually analyzed the game I will vote for you." Likewise, if Mirth analyzed the game, she can vote for you.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Heather: You apparently didn't read the rules. The SK can kill immediately after a lynch. The fact that they haven't yet is proof that he is doing something sneaky. I needed to say something sooner rather than later or else someone might have fallen into the trap he set.

We can wait him out now though. Force him to kill, we don't need to vote. Anyone who votes before the SK kills is either the SK or voting FOR the SK. Only two options.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Stewie wrote:All I'm saying is that the argument you are using against Mirth (not really against, but still) can also be applied to you. You say "If I think you're the SK after I've actually analyzed the game I will vote for you." Likewise, if Mirth analyzed the game, she can vote for you.
-.- No. It. Can't.

If Mirth really did analyze the game and still thought I was the SK, while I still feel it would be incredibly impossible for her to continue finding me scummy, it would be one thing. But that isn't what I have been arguing against. If you read what I wrote, you'd know that too.

In fact, I'm pretty sure you DO know that, but you're trying to tie the two arguments together to try and use my own reasons against Mirth voting me so that you can say they're the "same" so I shouldn't vote for you. And then use that fact IF I vote for you to say I'm scummy because of it and call me hypocritical. So I am putting my foot down.

The two arguments are NOT the same.

The fact is during the whole game her attacks on me have been flat out wrong. Yet instead of changing her opinions when new facts arise, instead she has been warping her former opinions to match the new circumstances. That is the wrong way to think, and if she continues to do that then I will have no choice but to think that she either A) Is playing badly, or B) Is scum trying to paint a distracting target.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Mirth »

I will once again say this: all of you, be quiet. You're just making the SK's job easier right now. Kinetic, I once more urge you to actually read 597 and 598. Also, please take note of Heather's last comment, especially in the context of where we are right now. But most importantly, stop arguing. There are a couple ways this can pan out, and only one of those has a good possibility of a town win. The less said about it, the better. Just wait for the kill now. That should make a lot of things clear.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Got it. Done.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Mirth is dead

He was a Townie

The Bell Tolls For Thee.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I guess Stewie wasn't paying attention. Mirth proved that Heather can't be the SK, I'm pretty sure that is what she was trying to tell me. I think she also realized I was a townie as well. I think she wanted either myself or heather to be the kill so she could say so, but I'll have to ask her in the endgame if I'm deducing what she was trying to say correctly.

I keep almost voting you, but all my instincts are telling me that I need to wait just a little bit before I vote you Stewie. So I'm going to go to sleep now and will be back on in the morning.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Stewie »

Mirth proved that Heather can't be the sk, how?

Also, stop saying "if you read my posts correctly, you'd see that the arguments are not the same." It's your post but it's me reading it, so it's obviously my interpretation of your post. If YOU think that my interpretation is wrong, then YOU quote your own post(s) and rephrase what you said so that I get the correct interpretation.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards voting you, mainly from your behaviour during the last two days.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Stewie »

Also note that you did bring back the "if Stewie is the sk, he will kill me or mirth" to use it against me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

Waiting on Heather to check in...
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:57 am

Post by heatherlou »

I'm here. Honestly, I'm not seeing how Mirth confirmed me as not the SK either, aside from me being stupid and not keeping in mind the rules (but that was all me). To be honest, I don't read PBP posts usually so I skimmed over her most recent PBP analysis. The SK's being pretty damn smart though to be honest by killing off one of the most analytical players and leaving in one of the loudest ones. I'm in the middle of a road trip, I'll check back in soon. I'm starting to see your side of things against Stewie, Kinetic.
-Brendan Gill
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Stewie »

How soon are you going to check back in? The deadline is Monday, and we should probably have some discussion before we vote someone.
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by heatherlou »

I'm here, I'm back for good. I can't say completely that I am for or against either of you. This is tough for me. I would like to hear kinetic explain how mirth proved I wasn't the SK
-Brendan Gill
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'm pretty sure that what Mirth was aiming for me to notice was this:
Mirth wrote: Day 2:

Heather puts Kinetic at L-1 with post 422
I put Xyzzy at L-1 with post 475
Stewie hammers Xyzzy with post 486

No posts for Heather on Sept 9. Post on Sept 10 citing loss of internet. Post before then on Sept 7.
heatherlou's loss of internet wrote: Topic: Mini 480 - Boring Town Mafia *DAY 2*
heatherlou

Replies: 468
Views: 19541
PostForum: Little Italy Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:41 pm Subject: Mini 480 - Boring Town Mafia *DAY 2*
I'm here. i lost internet access unexpectedly. Will read and catch up.
Topic: BM's Mystery Mafia!! Night 2-One less protown power role!
heatherlou

Replies: 1146
Views: 31323
PostForum: Theme Park Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 pm Subject: BM's Mystery Mafia!! Night 2-One less protown power role!
I'm also not seeing very strong reasons for Xdaamno being scum. Doing a re-read, I thought he had pretty good defenses against everything being brought to him.
I'm having a hard time going for either X or Oman, to be honest.
vote: setael for speculating so wildly on the mods intent. Basically the reasoning behind your TCS vote is they are too assertive/decisive?
I admit, it is not irrefutable proof, but as far as I'm concerned it is as good as we'll get.

Heather: If you are the SK, amazing play. Wish we lynched you when I thought you were mafia. But I don't think you are.

Vote:Stewie

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”