joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Post by joost »

dusterhan wrote:Why are you all picking on me?

Anyway, i'm quite suspicous of joost cos he is picking on me more than the others. So.
Unvote
Vote: joost
I'm not picking on you. I think your lurking is a legitimate tactic, it's not very smart, but legitimate. Some people here want to have you replaced. I do however think you are scum. What do you hope to achieve by lurking and by posting like you do?
Atticus wrote:Why did joost hop on an N-L vote? The reasoning Aimee gave for voting the latter was weak, in my opinion, simply that he was barely posting any content. However, that joost went to it, and backed off right after N-L asked for a replacement is odd, to me.
I hopped on Nekka because it was obvious I won't get Dusterhan lynched today. Which means my vote didn't serve any purpose. I wanted to start a new discussion and Nekka was an easy target. I wanted to increase the pressure on him to get him to talk more (2 votes mean more pressure than 1). But if he wants to get replaced then my vote has no use anymore. I don't want to lynch Nekka or his replacement so I won't put my vote on the new player unless he/she continues to lurk. I'd like to think that my vote (and Aimee's) made Nekka realize he isn't putting in as much effort as he should and that he should resign the game, but I think that's a bit optimistic.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:24 am

Post by Atticus »

Optimistic. Okay.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Aimee »

-TinVision- wrote:@Aimee: Like I said (and provided the link), recently in Newbie #361, a newbie player by the name of Dr. Blackstrike made a few posts early in the day that were similar to dusterhan's in silliness and caused a lot of confusion. He was eventually lynched, and proved to be town. Thus, even though it's a small sample size, I read dusterhan's early posts as a newb town tell.
I'm alarmed that your willing to judge dusterhan's behaviour on Dr. Blackstrike's behaviour.

Also, everyone has different playstyles. Some people are genuinely unhelpful and aggressive in all their games (for example Fritzler), but that doesn't therefore have any indication of his alignment.

However, since somebody else
did
say that dusterhan wasn't playing like this in another game, I'll be checking out his games to see.
-TinVision- wrote:Regarding Atticus, I find him less scummy/annoying because while there's not much content, he is at least here, reading the thread and responding to posts made that address him.
I agree with your thoughts on Atticus, but disagree with your conclusion 9that he isn't scummy). I'm not really seeing any curiosity from him - he's more reactive than pro-active (same with what I perceived Nekka to be, although now that seems to be explained by real-life reasons), meaning that I sense he's only posting when asked and such like, and not genuinely scum-hunting.
Atticus wrote:Why did joost hop on an N-L vote? The reasoning Aimee gave for voting the latter was weak, in my opinion, simply that he was barely posting any content. However, that joost went to it, and backed off right after N-L asked for a replacement is odd, to me.
No, my case on him is that he isn't
scum-hunting
. This is quite important, since I've seen scum run along not really doing much before. It allows them to remain relatively non-committal about stuff and things.

dusterhan's vote against joost seems rather OMGUS.

Also,
unvote
, since I feel my vote would be wasted while waiting for a replacement. I'll be watching Nekka's replacement carefully, however.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 am

Post by -TinVision- »

I’ll commit myself to do a reread in the next couple days since I’m all turned about.
lol objective morality
dusterhan
dusterhan
Townie
dusterhan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:14 am

Post by dusterhan »

so... who are we actually picking on other than me?
innocent untill proven guilty
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 am

Post by kabenon007 »

You are dodging questions, dusterhan. Please answer the questions people have addressed to you, and maybe people will stop picking on you.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Atticus »

Dusterhan is such an interesting character. Near silent. Not useful. Defensive. Seems to think that even when the conversation is about him, he should pay as little attention as possible.

Aimee. You say that it's because he wasn't scum-hunting. Would you say that Nekka was posting much content?
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Cavane »

Apologies for my away-ness. I've been quite busy the past few days with life-related stuff. I'll get an updated votecount for you ASAP.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by Atticus »

Happy Birthday TV!
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by joost »

Happy Birthday Tinvision!
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Well how about that! Happy b-day TV!
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Aimee »

Bon anniversaire, TinVision!
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Nirp »

Happy birthday -TinVision-!

I know that I promised more content in my last post, but I am somewhat at a loss as to what to say.

A couple of notes:
Aimee wrote:Fair enough, but you have to understand that some players have intentionally useless playstyles (for example Fritzler and Lowell), yet they are strong players. Judging by what others have said, he plays like this in other games - and he is causing confusion, as the large number of posts solely about him demonstrate.
I don't think causing confusion can ever benefit the town. It is a scummy thing to do. However, at this point I find it more likely that he is simply uninterested in the game than that he is scum. So perhaps it is indeed in our best interest to simply ignore him for him.

Nekka hasn't contributed much, but this seems to be due to real life issues and he has asked to be replaced. I'll wait for his replacement before judging him.
kabenon007 wrote:My vote on dusterhan is a statement, in a way. I don't really know how to put it. I think he is scummy for the reasons I have already stated, but I could see how he could still be extremely newb town. That's a very slim possibility in my mind, but it's still there.
Wait. You are apparently convinced he is scum, or at least that the chance he is town is "very slim", yet you have stated that you do not want to see him lynched. Why? Also, I would like you to explain exactly why you think he is scum.
-TinVision- wrote:@Aimee: Like I said (and provided the link), recently in Newbie #361, a newbie player by the name of Dr. Blackstrike made a few posts early in the day that were similar to dusterhan's in silliness and caused a lot of confusion. He was eventually lynched, and proved to be town. Thus, even though it's a small sample size, I read dusterhan's early posts as a newb town tell
Why are you using a single player from a single unrelated game as an argument for dusterhan being town? That doesn't make sense at all.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:00 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Nirp wrote:Wait. You are apparently convinced he is scum, or at least that the chance he is town is "very slim", yet you have stated that you do not want to see him lynched. Why? Also, I would like you to explain exactly why you think he is scum.
Nirp, this one has already been addressed as well, but I will repeat myself... once again! :D

I don't want to see him lynched right now, because it is obvious that he is not going to say much of anything even if he were to be placed at -1. I placed my vote on him because he is the scummiest player I see atm.

Why do I see him as scummy? Well... I found that the first time he posted and then lurked to be annoying, not in the town's best interest, but then after we badgered him, pestered him and prodded him for a post with some kind of content, he responds by asking for a vote count again. I was willing to let it go as newbish the first time. And now he tells us he is lurking by his own design. I cannot understand why a person would want to lurk that much. It serves the town no purpose. However, I am considering moving my vote to somewhere where it could do some good, cuz having it on a silent dusterhan is not serving much of a purpose.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Nirp wrote: Why are you using a single player from a single unrelated game as an argument for dusterhan being town? That doesn't make sense at all.
I'm not trying to use it as an argument for him being town, I'm just saying I thought his first couple posts seemed consistent with noob towniness. I don't have nearly enough evidence to say more about dusterhan.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, folks. It was a pleasant surprise to login today. :)

Anyway, expect something more from me by Monday when I get back in town.
lol objective morality
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by Atticus »

Always remember, kab, statements kill.
kabenon wrote:My vote on dusterhan is a statement, in a way.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

What do you mean, Atticus?
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Atticus »

Votes kill. If a statement is a vote. Statements kill.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:10 am

Post by joost »

Atticus wrote:Votes kill. If a statement is a vote. Statements kill.
Would you mind if Duster got killed?
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Ah, I get you now.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Atticus »

joost wrote:
Atticus wrote:Votes kill. If a statement is a vote. Statements kill.
No.
dusterhan
dusterhan
Townie
dusterhan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by dusterhan »

joost wrote:
Atticus wrote:
Votes kill. If a statement is a vote. Statements kill.

YES!!!
dusterhan
dusterhan
Townie
dusterhan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by dusterhan »

And what was the question that i was suppose to answer?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

I assume you are talking to me, dusterhan, and the response is a lot of questions! Why are you lurking, can you post content, who do you find suspicious, etc. etc. The list goes on...
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Atticus »

Atticus wrote:...

Who are you suspicious of?

What posts strike you as odd?

Why are you being a
n
idiot
lurker?

Is there some real life complication that you have that stops you from having an opinion?

These are some questions I posted earlier for you, Dusterhan, feel free to answer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”