DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:04 am

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

I claimed, as I said, because Pug's claim makes no sense according to my powers.

AND again, I was not roleblocked. I'll say it til I'm black n purple in the face... When roleblocked, the person being roleblocked receives a PM that their actions were roleblocked.
The snack that smiles back.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Mexal »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:I claimed, as I said, because Pug's claim makes no sense according to my powers.

AND again, I was not roleblocked. I'll say it til I'm black n purple in the face... When roleblocked, the person being roleblocked receives a PM that their actions were roleblocked.
What possible reason could someone devise to heal inHim?
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:09 am

EBWOP:

I forgot to reiterate in my last post that I PMed the Mod and I was told I would have been made aware of having been roleblocked.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 am

Why did Pug decide to protect Mirth?

I am REALLLLLY suspecting that we have a Busdriver on our hands.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Mexal »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Why did Pug decide to protect Mirth?

I am REALLLLLY suspecting that we have a Busdriver on our hands.
Why not? She didn't seem particularly scummy to me. I might have thrown her a heal had I been the doc.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:23 am

Mirth also wasn't exactly a likely target for the mafia. Maybe Pug is just a really crappy doctor?
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Mexal »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Mirth also wasn't exactly a likely target for the mafia. Maybe Pug is just a really crappy doctor?
Why wasn't sure a likely target?

And yes, I'd consider Pug a crappy doctor considering his day 1 play.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Mexal »

EBWOP: I meant, why wasn't she a likely target?
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 am

Mirth even said they don't understand why Pug chose them. I don't know... Something is amiss and my gut is telling me that Pug is.... something... I don't know. Lynching a claimed doctor doesn't seem smart either though... BAH!

I don't know. I still can't believe the Masons frikkin' came out. I claimed because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how InHim (the lurky non-useful player) survived the night. Now we understand we have some sort of busdriver and they can REALLY screw with night actions.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Glork »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:EBWOP:

I forgot to reiterate in my last post that I PMed the Mod and I was told I would have been made aware of having been roleblocked.
Okay, that changes an awful lot. I was not willing to make such an assumption with nothing to go on.

I now agree with Fae's assertion that, if there's a Doc out there, they should counterclaim Pug.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

There are at least three actions here, and three targets:

Somebody targeted Jex, killing her.
PBug (supposedly) targeted Mirth, saving her.
DG (supposedly) targeted Glork, killing him (but not really).

If there WAS a bus driver, let's see who could have been switched.

1) Perhaps Glork was switched with Mirth. This would cause Mirth to die, as the doc protection on her would have actually protected Glork, leaving her defenseless to DG. This did not happen, so Glork and Mirth were not switched.

2) Perhaps Jex was switched with Mirth. This would cause Glork to die, and possibly cause Mirth to die. At any rate, Jex would have lived, due to the protection intended towards Mirth.

3) Perhaps Jex was switched with Glork. This would cause Jex to die at the hands of DG. Then the Mafia could have targeted Mirth and been foiled by Pug saving her. This could have logistically happened. But it did not happen, because Pug is a liar.

Based on the above, I do not believe that there was a switch. However, I am not sure as to why Glork was not killed. The only thing that would make sense is a NK-immunity. However, the claim of mason makes things difficult. If Glork is lying about being a mason, then Riki will either refute the claim or is the last member of the Mafia.

If Glork is innocent, then who is scum? Not Delicious Goldfish, I say. The fact that she sought out mod confirmation about the roleblocking indicates to me that she is not pulling a vig claim out of her ass. You've all seen how OMGUSy she is; subtle is not the game DG plays.
The claimed doc-protects suggest to me that at least one of Nox/Oman or Mirth is town. Probability suggests Nox/Oman, but it's iffy. If Pug was falsely claiming doctor, then he most likely chose somebody he knew was town as his first target. Then, either he continues to get into town good graces by claiming to have protected another townie, or he feels bold and thinks that he can make his partner look good. Based on the events of yesterday and how skeptical everyone has been of Pug's claim, I think that it is the former.

So, I want to hear from Riki to confirm or deny this Masonry. Also, if anyone else has another explanation about why Glork is alive, I'd love to hear it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:52 am

EBWODP: I'm not sure if the real doctor should come out yet.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Oman »

Glork wrote:Thus, the Doctor would be somebody who suspects Pug in spite of his claim (there are, as far as I can remember, only two people who have expressed willingness to lynch Pug today) and somebody who believed inHim to be protown towards the end of yesterday (which I have not checked, but will do in a bit).
These two conditions are good ones, but the doctor is obvious. I don't want to out him/her, unless I'm the only one. But there is a good chance that the scum has found the doc and are keeping quiet about it.
HC wrote:For all we know, Jex could have been the roleblocker/protector/switcher. Don't forget, this appears to be a limited-reveal game.
I forgot about that, now I have to ammend my list.
Goldfish wrote:what in god's green earth makes people think Princess Fiona would be mafia aligned
Actually I thought she might be self aligned at the worst. But remember, things are put in place to prevent a massclaim, such as goodies having badies' names and vice versa.
GOldfish wrote:And Oman, why the frick do you have a vote on me??? Anti-town much?
Because I don't believe you.
Goldfish wrote:Why did Pug decide to protect Mirth?
I found mirth to be the most Pro-town player yesterday. I don't see a problem with this.
HC wrote:1) Perhaps Glork was switched with Mirth. This would cause Mirth to die, as the doc protection on her would have actually protected Glork, leaving her defenseless to DG. This did not happen, so Glork and Mirth were not switched.
Right but wrong, the kill would have been swapped as well. Protecting Glork and killing mirth. So yeah, you're right, they weren't switched or mirth would be dead.
HC wrote:2) Perhaps Jex was switched with Mirth. This would cause Glork to die, and possibly cause Mirth to die. At any rate, Jex would have lived, due to the protection intended towards Mirth.
So Mirth was the NK target and Jex got swapped in. I don't mind the idea but I do not believe it to be so, simply because it doesn't account for Glork.
HC wrote:3) Perhaps Jex was switched with Glork. This would cause Jex to die at the hands of DG. Then the Mafia could have targeted Mirth and been foiled by Pug saving her. This could have logistically happened. But it did not happen, because Pug is a liar.
The most sane and rational idea of the three. Accounts for everything so far. The switch would have been to what? Protect Jex from a mafia NK and kill Glork/InHim?
HC wrote:The fact that she sought out mod confirmation about the roleblocking indicates to me that she is not pulling a vig claim out of her ass.
Thats complete WIFOM, and easily engineered. You don't even know if she really did seek mod confirmation.
Glork wrote:if there's a Doc out there, they should counterclaim Pug.
C'mon Glork, you're smarter than this. Am I the only one that can pick the real doc?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:28 am

C'mon Glork, you're smarter than this. Am I the only one that can pick the real doc?
Nope.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Oman »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Nope.
We should definatly have a party then!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Glork »

Keep in mind that I only read half of Day One. <.<
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Zindaras wrote:Again, a shortie:
Glork wrote:No, I am not NK-immune. And since I apparently was targeted for vigging, I feel obliged to claim. I am
Puss-In-Boots
, masons with Donkey/Dead-Rikimaru. (That's the other reason I
know
that Ben/Riki isn't scum.)
Confirmed innocence? Or do you just believe it? Also, Riki, could you confirm that claim?
He is telling the truth.
I'm amazed by all that have happened here since I last looked, I'm rereading and will have a lot to say tomorow.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Mirth »

It's been a long day. Responses to everything:

Mexal: to my accusation, I was hoping for a rebuff or a consideration of my conjecture or general commentary about it past what you gave. I'm not asking you to claim, but comment on the reasoning.
Glork wrote:A roleblocker who claims isn't effectively suiciding. I will grant that, though I fail to see how that's relevant:
A) You have expressed frustration with the number of claims, and I hardly believe that you would want/expect a Roleblocker to come out and claim. Have you ruled out the possibility that a player has posted and elected not to claim? Do you see any compelling reason for an RB to claim (and/or to claim their target from last night)?
B) There are a few players who have not even posted since Gold's claim. Have you ruled out the possibility of one of those players having blocked Gold?
Two things that can very easily point to why an RB might not have claimed (to have blocked Goldfish) yet.
That's right, I don't like claims, but in the case of a roleblocker, it would be a claim that actually leads to results. I actually did miss that a few people we're posting, but I felt like throwing it out there anyway.

And Glork, my problem with your stated opinions is that you don't give a reason for them. I'm throwing out my thought process, you aren't.

Haschel: We don't know if this is a limited reveal game. Grek and Jex could both have just been vanilla townies.

Goldfish: I agree. I have no idea why Pug decided to protect me. I'd like an explanation.

Oman: I'm also inclined to believe at the moment at Goldfish isn't lying.

As to the comments about busdriver/doctor thing, I'd prefer them not claiming, but we all know how I feel about claims.

In other things, I'd like to
Unvote: Haschel
for the moment. I'd very much like an explanation from Pug about protecting me, and will move my vote there if I don't get one soon. My other suspect is Mexal by process of elimination on the Nox bandwagon. I think it is *very* highly unlikely that there were 5 townies on it. Since Jex and Grek are confirmed, and I'm going to have to believe Glork and DR (pulling a mason claim would be too risky of a gambit for the mafia this early, I think), and I'm for the moment inclined to believe Goldfish, this leaves Mexal.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Mexal »

Mirth, how exactly can I defend myself when the move was made before I even entered the game? The vote was made by Camisade, not me, so I can't really make an argument based on his actions.

That being said, have I done anything else in your eyes to make you think I'm scum? If not, then your reasoning is poor. If so, please post it and I'll be more than happy to respond to it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Mirth »

Yes, my reasoning is poor. I'm grasping at straws here but I also don't completely discount people on lack of acting suspiciously. I don't suspect you enough to move my vote onto you at the moment, but I do suspect you. I'm not curious about camisade's move though (since camisade didn't wagon jump. He was voter number 2 after Goldfish), just your opinion of the probability of there being at least one scum on Nox's bandwagon. I'd like to hear what you think of that specifically.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Mexal »

Mirth wrote:Yes, my reasoning is poor. I'm grasping at straws here but I also don't completely discount people on lack of acting suspiciously. I don't suspect you enough to move my vote onto you at the moment, but I do suspect you. I'm not curious about camisade's move though (since camisade didn't wagon jump. He was voter number 2 after Goldfish), just your opinion of the probability of there being at least one scum on Nox's bandwagon. I'd like to hear what you think of that specifically.
To be honest, the probability would be pretty high. Considering the fact that you've pretty much eliminated everyone but myself and Goldfish and knowing that I, myself, am town, I'd have to say that would make Goldfish scum. Unfortunately, I can't truly base a vote off of just that alone. So where exactly does that leave us? Grasping at straws.

And damnit, I completely forgot about doing my reread on Goldfish. With all this claiming and me getting sidetracked earlier with Zindaras, I overlooked that reread. Blah! It'll have to wait til tomorrow when I get to work.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

Speaking of Goldfish, what do you think of her claim?
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Mexal »

Mirth wrote:Speaking of Goldfish, what do you think of her claim?
I don't like it. The reason being, it was completely unsolicited. It served no purpose at all. Why claim like that? Why now? I read her reasoning but it just didn't make sense. Is she trying to get a claimed doctor lynched? I don't know. Pug doesn't seem like the player that would really make up a claim. He just seems...inexperienced I guess. I don't think there is a busdriver and we know she wasn't roleblocked. So that leaves the only possible option being that someone healed inHim. Unfortunately, I find that very very unlikely, mainly because inHim hadn't posted in 3 weeks. He was an inactive. Who heals inactives? It makes very little sense. While I see you having a hard time believing Pug could heal you, I don't. I see you pro-town and had I been the doc, I would have healed you or Haschel. So to me, that's more believable then there being a doc out there who refuses to counter-claim (unless it was Jex) and healed an inactive who was under suspicion.

As for the other claims, I believe DR and Glork. I think they're both town.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Mirth »

Interesting analysis. If Jex was the doctor, that would mean its a no-role-reveal game, which would not be good. Why don't you think Pug would make up a claim?

Also, what do you make of Goldfish claiming Fiona specifically, since that seems like a role that would be hard to counter claim.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP^ I mean hard to fake. Sorry, brain not completely functional. Its one of those roles that probably does exist.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”