rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:14 am

Post by rite »

vote: Brian McQueso

One of the only names I recognize. Rock and roll, let's see how rusty I am.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:02 am

Post by rite »

Of course I recognize you, LML, I just showed you a courtesy in not voting for you. Until I realized, of course, "oh my god you suck" ;-)

unvote
vote: Loudmouth Lee
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by rite »

unvote: LML

Hopping off that bandwagon, making cases out of thin air are what day start day one is all about, no reason to punish it.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by rite »

out of internet reach until sunday evening!
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:32 am

Post by rite »

Seconding the request for prods, and could we have a vote count, please?
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 am

Post by rite »

vote: Lowell

if he's not scum, he's playing pretty stupidly, sounds as good a person as any to bandwagon
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am

Post by rite »

Lowell wrote:People, it's okay to vote for someone (even if it's me). These FOSes look stupid and suspicious as hell.

As for the claus thing, I didn't like the way he was attacked for "starting a bandwagon". This seems like a too-convenient reason to attack someone, when in fact I dont' find putting *gasp* a 2nd or 3rd vote on someone all that meaningful.
Lowell wrote:(cont'd)

.... while, yes, I am aware that he
could
in fact be scum. :roll:
In my eyes, Lowell has been acting more and more scummy. "My, that was a good suggestion. I'm going to support it, so people think I'm smart." And, even more scummily, "Guys, I think you should be easier on claus. But guys, I'm not protecting him, seriously, he could be scum! If he's guilty, I'm going to hide behind this poor excuse of a defense!"
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:38 am

Post by rite »

I don't have to be prodded, I'm right here, I promise.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much to say since my last argument against Lowell that he hasn't made plain enough in his posts. The day has to end in a lynch, and unless someone's acting scummier than Lowell, which seems highly unlikely at this point, I feel like we should be bandwagoning (and ultimately lynching) him.

If he turns out to be town, I'll go on the record as saying he's one of the crappiest and most suspicious town players I've ever seen.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:57 am

Post by rite »

Here's the point where someone says "give him another chance to defend himself before anyone puts the last nail in the coffin."

In fact, I think I'll take that duty.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #128 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by rite »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Here's a brief preview though:

1. The Lowell bandwagon is rotten. I don't find him particularly suspicious, and I find the size and speed of his bandwagon entirely disproportionate.
*snip*
3. Kuribo is scummy.
Details on each of these, please? To me, for reasons previously stated, it seems entirely obvious that Lowell has been giving off a nearly overpowering scum vibe. More importantly, back up your Kuribo claims
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 am

Post by rite »

major FoS: someone2
. I'm still convinced of Lowell's scumdom, but I'm almost as convinced of yours. Quite a slip.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #190 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:35 am

Post by rite »

Just popping in because I realize I haven't been posting in a while; rest assured that I've been keeping up with the thread. My point of view hasn't changed: it's day one, so we have nothing to go on other than suspicious behavior. I think that a clear majority of us has found Lowell to be clear and away the scummiest of the posters today.

This is not to say that I'm sure that Lowell is scum, but I feel like I'm as confident of my vote on him as I will be today. I'll be honest here, I hate daystart day ones. I'm eager for this one to end as quickly as possible so we can get some concrete information and start strategizing.

Also, for the record, I understand what someone2 is saying, and I'm sorry that we're jumping on you for your english ability.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #221 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21 am

Post by rite »

Rishi wrote: 4. Did you all know that Beastly and rite are still active players in this game? News to me!
I've had nothing to say for pages and pages. In fact, I've made the equivalent of this post over and over again:

I wish I had something to say, but we've just been spinning our tires in the mud. In my opinion, Lowell has put on by far the scummiest performance, and I'm honestly flabbergasted that the day hasn't ended with a lynch on him yet. I can't believe that he has avoided lynch for so long when his primary counterargument is "seriously guys, unvote me."

This is Day One people. I hate day-start Day Ones. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate them. I want it to end. I've contemplated asking for a deadline for the last while, but I've been afraid that people will jump on me: "only a scum would want a deadline when there's still meaningful conversation going on."

Well there isn't. I'm formally
requesting a deadline
, hopefully this eternal day will end soon, and we'll wake up tomorrow with some concrete information on which we can pretend to base our baseless accusations.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:15 am

Post by rite »

Has there been some sort of taboo on asking for deadlines since I've been gone from the site? Surely there must be someone else who thinks that this aimless, wandering, boring, lurky day has gone on far enough?

There are currently four people voting for Lowell, a number which not very long ago was six, with several people leaning towards condemning him. I didn't post to support you because I felt like every post I had made in the game thus far made it clear that I agreed with you. If you had been in anything close to danger, sure, I would have stepped in, but I felt like three posts that all said the exact same thing may have been too much.

The town is looking for clues where they can't find them. That's pretty much how all day start day one's go. The best strategy is just to find the scummiest looking person, lynch them, hope for the best, THEN start the fun on day two, when we have that person's alignment and night results.

Yes, I'm fully aware that somebody is going to take my "find the scummiest looking person, lynch them" quote, then respond with some pithy response about how that's me, then vote for me. No, I don't think it's clever, nor do I think it's true.

I don't understand why Lowell's bandwagon has squelched with no real explanations from him, I don't understand why there are currently two votes for me, and, most of all, I don't understand why this day is still going on. Maybe things have changed on this site since I left, but if this is how long games usually take-- pointless debate over nothing of substance on day one-- then I guess I'm just out of touch. I don't like it very much, either.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #273 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 pm

Post by rite »

All I can offer is my apologies and the fact that I'm currently abroad in Europe, and I've recently been very busy with play production (which luckily just ended, so I should have some more time to post).

It appears we're at an impasse. We were at an impasse a month ago. It appears not enough people agree enough on the scumminess of any person to lynch them. Conversation probably is going to get us nowhere, because this is day-start day one, so there's not going to be any hard evidence coming from anywhere.

Lowell has consistently acting evasive, obnoxious, and slippery, misdirecting blame and refusing to answer questions. He was within one vote of a lynch, yet somehow we let him slide (and I'll admit, this is probably my fault too) without even a role claim.

I'm sure most of you aren't "totally convinced" of Lowell's guilt. But you aren't going to be totally convinced of anyone's guilt on a crappy day start day one where over half the population is lurking and nothing is happening. Let's lynch Lowell, have our first night, then use some cold hard evidence and look back at the utter clusterf*ck that is this day one so we can really have a game of mafia.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:55 am

Post by rite »

Setael wrote:Rite, can you tell me why you are not even considering the someone2 wagon?
With another vote on Lowell, your argument is no longer relevent, but I'll defend myself: If the bandwagon on someone2 was close to lynch while Lowell's was obviously dead, I most likely would have switched votes, yes. However as I've mentioned before, on my personal scumometer, Lowell's actions have been by far the most scum-like, so as long as the Lowell bandwagon seems viable, that's where it's going to stay.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #282 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:59 am

Post by rite »

Oops, sorry I didn't see your comment, Kuribo:

Perhaps I haven't been clear: I never have advocated simply choosing a random person and killing them so that the day might end (hate this day as I do). Rather, I find myself baffled that Lowell was within one vote of a lynch, with several other non-voting players seeming to question his tactics, yet he somehow escaped and this day continues due mainly to inaction.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #290 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 am

Post by rite »

At this point in time, I don't think that enough discussion will take place (especially amongst this quiet crowd) to lynch anyone but someone2. A lynch is preferable to no lynch, so
vote: someone2
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #347 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:53 am

Post by rite »

hey guys--

afraid I'm going to have to drop out. I feel quite bad doing this considering how many replacements have already been put into place, but (1) I'm not enjoying myself, (2) a replacement will certainly post more than I have, and (3), my internet access is about to get very unpredictable.

best of luck to all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”