pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:00 am

Post by pdcakes »

ryan wrote:
Out of the two leaders right now pdcakes to me is more likely scum

Unvote/Vote: pdcakes

ryan: you voted me because of the two vote leaders you think im more scummy? how about out of all the players? instead of just picking one of the two with the most votes (which was 2 votes....which isnt that big a gap) wouldn't you want to vote the scummiest player? it seems to me you are just pushing for someone to get lynched today and if you were town wouldnt you rather vote for the player that you think is scummiest rather than just vote one of the two with the most votes? (in my mind no townie is expendable i vote for who i think is scum no matter the situation)

Heres an example
I recently got out of a game where i was a townie and i ended up being the deciding vote between two players who i thought were both town( although i did think one had done slightly scummy things i just didnt have strong enough evidence behind it) so i didnt choose to vote them and in the end it turned out i was right....they were both town. So i know from my experience with situations like this that as town i would rather not vote either of the two vote leaders unless i was sure they were scum

if you thought i was the scummiest player than fine but you said
"out of the two leaders"

HoS: Ryan

you can yell OMGUS all you want but i had suspected ryan before this.

and CKD: i will go over the game again in a little while and then i'll post more suspicions and questions....and then i will cast a vote
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:14 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ryan wrote:Out of the two leaders right now pdcakes to me is more likely scum

Unvote/Vote: pdcakes
I am sure you will state a reason
Why yes I will

So pdcakes because I don't want a "no lynch" I'm scummy? I’ve had you on my top 3 list since page 7. You switched your case on Adam VERY quickly, you say you are town but advocated an Adam lynch JUST on the basis of the note, you’ve also talked about lynching a random person but you seem to keep coming back to Adam when it's asked to you who should be lynched. Also if you’re a townie we don’t kill anyone, we lynch them, killing happens at night (that has been used in a few posts of yours including Post 119) I’m also not a fan of you constantly using the word “IF” and bringing it up as well. You seem to be leaving yourself enough wiggle room to go back and say “NO I said IF (insert scenario here) I feel your reversal of opinions is scummy enough to warrant you be the one that is lynched at deadline. (I am also not a fan of “no lynches” in case that is asked or brought into question)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 am

Post by pdcakes »

Ryan: I didnt want to condemn adam because of the note but I honestly thought you guys were going to just straight up random lynch someone...at the time of that occurance this was my second game of mafia and thats what i thought it meant. And i thought that lynching adam would provide more information than just a random person. Back then i didnt know how i felt about certain situations. ive gotten more experience since then and i saw my mistake in thinking the lynch would be pure randomness and now i know that i wouldnt vote to lynch someone unless i truly expected them to be town. And i put IF cause i only believed that adam should be lynched if he was going up against a pure random person. I tried to make it clear that that was not my first choice but i did a bad job of it. and i accept that. Im not trying to pretend that my posts were well written or easy to decipher. And if i get lynched because of it oh well, it was a learning experience.

And your really gonna use me using the word kill instead of lynch as evidence im scum? that seems to be stretching it in my opinion. but again if i get lynched because of it it will help me learn for future games.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Twomz »

Theo wrote:4.) Their are no particular deadlines as yet, however if dicussion starts to lag I will install one. If at a deadline no player reaches a majority, their will be a no-lynch and we move into night
????

Is it lynch the highest or no lynch?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:07 am

Post by theopor_COD »

At deadline -

If voting is equal there will be no lynch.

If some guy has a majority of votes even 3 votes to 2 votes - they'll get lynched.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:49 am

Post by ryan »

theopor_COD wrote:At deadline -

If voting is equal there will be no lynch.

If some guy has a majority of votes even 3 votes to 2 votes - they'll get lynched.
Thank you for clarifiying
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:17 am

Post by Thin_Man »

Out of the two vote leaders, I think Paradoxombie is more likely to be the scum, and for deadline purposes, you can count my suspcion as a vote (in the sense of me moving it on before deadline hits, not as a condorcet-type thing, as that's impossible)

It's my fourth choice though.

vote adele

I don't really care that she isn't here, though it's irratating re: claims. I'll also take Kabenon if anyone wants to go there.

On that note, if you have a good claim, and you think it's even likely you're going to be lynched today, I strongly suggest erring on the side of claiming early. If you have a confirmable claim then claim it at last minute, it's unlikely that
you'll
be lynched, but the town will then slip onto its second choice, and they'll likely get lynched without a claim, and they could have been confirmable also.
Gow placing me on his scumlist wrote:3. overly dismissive of nearly everything.
I haven't been dimissive of anything that didn't deserve it. Beside, if you believe being overly dimissive is a scumtell, it's a little odd you haven't commented on Adele, who, out of her 11 posts, hasn't got a single one that doesn't poo-poo or call ridiculous somoene else's idea, and several of the ideas that she criticises aren't actually even bad ideas. She has done absolutely nothing constructive this entire game, so it's a little bizarre that you pick up on me over her on
that
point, of all points.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 am

Post by GodOfWine »

Actually thin man, I do find Adele just as suspicious in regards to the dismissive quality as you, but seeing as right now I'd never vote either of you and was just posting my list like a good townie-boy, I included you and not Adele, because you're more active and I could elicit a reponse much easier. The only two people I would vote for in a deadline situation now would be pdcakes or ryan
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:20 am

Post by ryan »

GodOfWine wrote:Actually thin man, I do find Adele just as suspicious in regards to the dismissive quality as you,
but seeing as right now I'd never vote either of you
and was just posting my list like a good townie-boy, I included you and not Adele, because you're more active and I could elicit a reponse much easier. The only two people I would vote for in a deadline situation now would be pdcakes or ryan
You'd NEVER vote them? And why is that?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm looking for a replacement for Adele.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:57 am

Post by pdcakes »

yeah God of Wine why would you never vote for them? and you know your vote is already on me....right?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Twomz »

GoW's comment confuses me as well. Why would you never vote for someone? Even if you think they are protown now, that opinion may change later on...
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:20 am

Post by ryan »

Or you would never vote them because they are your scum buddies
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:17 am

Post by SirWario »

With the dealine in three days, we really need to get a game plan together. Something to expedite discussion. I really don't have any ideas though.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:36 am

Post by ryan »

I think with our theme we need to be ready for about anything during a night session. Am I to gather that you are happy with your vote SirWario and don't plan on changing?
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:50 am

Post by SirWario »

At the moment, I believe the most damning evidence lies on Paradox, but I am willing to change to achieve a lynch at deadline or if someone else acts scummier.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:56 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

SirWario wrote:At the moment, I believe the most damning evidence lies on Paradox, but I am willing to change to achieve a lynch at deadline or if someone else acts scummier.
right now, the vote leader is pdcakes, how do you feel about him?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

I don't like how loosely Thin_Man is willing to lynch pretty much anybody especially combined with his refusal to give reasoning. I also don't like this boarderline role fishing by asking for early claims.
FOS
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:28 am

Post by GodOfWine »

alright sorry for that unclear post. i didn't mean never. i meant at this moment, i don't see enough to vote for EITHER THIN_MAN OR ADELE. I think thats where most of the confusion was. Yes pdcakes I realize my vote is on you. That is no mistake.

Right now I would vote for pdcakes or ryan. I find the similar behaviour of adele and thin_man suspicious but not enough to vote for them right now. if something else happened i did not want to imply that my opinions could not be changed. bad word choices.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Thin_Man »

I think Twomz, SirWario and Simenon (though Adam moreso) are all exceptionally likely to be town and I would not lynch them. I feel more strongly than pdcakes is town than i do about him being scum, but I will admit I can't put him in the above group (if you care about percentages, about 70%). I would not even think about lynching anyone who isn't you , Adele, Kabenon or Ryan today. I want to lynch Adele or Kabenon. I do not especially want to lynch either you or Ryan, but I think it unlikely that anyone is going to come round to my way of thinking this late in the day and actually get off their asses and vote the truly scummy people. I'm not going to sit there and let my vote sit useless, though, as that's pointless. I consider you the best choice out the realistic options at this point.

Your point against my refusal to give reasoning is bullshit, for reasons previously explained.

And as for the third point, you'd feel pretty stupid if, two hours from lynch deadline, pdcakes claimed cop, then the town, by some miracle, manages to get off him in those two hours onto our second choice, which is you. Unfortunately, you didn't manage to get on during that hour you actually had a chance to save your ass. So then we lynch you, our doctor. We've just utterly screwed ourselves thanks not really to bad scumreading, just the fact that the cop claimed a day later than he should have done. I'm not asking trying to rip claims away from people, but if you've got a claim that can save you from lynch, you should really use it early, just so you don't cost the town a good lynch for the day.

@the point about 'never': I realise this just buys into any scumteam theory you might have, but I think the 'never' point isn't very good at all.
GoW wrote:I find the similar behaviour of adele and thin_man suspicious but not enough to vote for them right now.
If all you have against me is the dimissive thing, find for me anything I was dismissive of that wasn't genuinely a bad idea. My playstyle choice of never explaining why I am voting someone pretty much necessitates a dismissive style, working much harder killing bad ideas coming from other townies than creating good ideas myself (seeing as how I am unable to say a lot of them).
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Thin_Man »

I started responding to para, btw. That's why the first four paragraphs relate to the game state before GoW posted, if you get me.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

My parts are bold
Thin_Man wrote:I think Twomz, SirWario and Simenon (though Adam moreso) are all exceptionally likely to be town and I would not lynch them. I feel more strongly than pdcakes is town than i do about him being scum, but I will admit I can't put him in the above group (if you care about percentages, about 70%). I would not even think about lynching anyone who isn't you , Adele, Kabenon or Ryan today. I want to lynch Adele or Kabenon. I do not especially want to lynch either you or Ryan, but I think it unlikely that anyone is going to come round to my way of thinking this late in the day and actually get off their asses and vote the truly scummy people. I'm not going to sit there and let my vote sit useless, though, as that's pointless. I consider you the best choice out the realistic options at this point.

I see little reason to believe you aren't just splicing general town concensuses with false suspicions that would be in your interest.

Your point against my refusal to give reasoning is bullshit, for reasons previously explained.

Well having incomprehensible and wide suspicions is suspicious to me, and it would be less so if you gave reasons

And as for the third point, you'd feel pretty stupid if, two hours from lynch deadline, pdcakes claimed cop, then the get on during that hour you actually had a chance to save your ass. So then we lynch you, our doctor. We've just utterly screwed ourselves thanks not really to bad scumreading, just the fact that the cop claimed a day later than he should have done. I'm not asking trying to rip claims away town, by some miracle, manages to get off him in those two hours onto our second choice, which is you. Unfortunately, you didn't manage tofrom people, but if you've got a claim that can save you from lynch, you should really use it early, just so you don't cost the town a good lynch for the day.

I understood the logic; it doesn't change the fact that in some circumstances it may benefit scum moreso than town
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:07 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Gorgon replaces Adele effective of now
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:12 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Note Deadline will hit in 50 Hours time.

Votecount -
pdcakes (3) - GodofWine, Kabenon007, Ryan
Paradoxombie (2) - Twomz, SirWario
Ryan (1) - Gorgon
Twomz (1) - Paradoxombie
Gorgon (1) - Thin_Man

Not Voting -

Aimee
Simenon
pdcakes
Curiouskarmadog.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”