Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:45 am

Post by joost »

Of course we can
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Nirp »

Sended as well.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:29 am

Post by MeMe »

I've gotten the requisite number of requests to continue the game. I'll go looking for a new moderator! In the meantime, keep playing and here's a vote count to tide you over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count
:

dusterhan
(4):
joost, kabenon007, Knuck, Nekka-Lucifer

-TinVision-
(1):
destructor

joost
(1):
dusterhan

kabenon007
(1):
Sephiroth

not voting
(5):
Aimee, Atticus, Nirp, SilverPhoenix, -TinVinsion-

Seven to lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:52 am

Post by joost »

Woohoo!
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Atticus »

Hrm! I was curious as to whether this game would live or not, but we've got a lively group.
N-L wrote:There's no reason to why he's purposely lurking and not actually getting involved

Getting involved is how we catch scum. Not just sitting back, watching the game from a distance, hoping you find something!!!
After voting dusterhan, Nekka says this, which is an interesting thing to accuse someone for, in his position.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:04 am

Post by kabenon007 »

You have to remember, Atticus, Nekka asked to be replaced. He just was checking in and saw he hadn't been replaced, so he decided to help a bit until Cavane found one.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 am

Post by MeMe »

JDodge has offered to take over modding duties -- so, you're all set!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Atticus »

kabenon007 wrote:You have to remember, Atticus, Nekka asked to be replaced. He just was checking in and saw he hadn't been replaced, so he decided to help a bit until Cavane found one.
True.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by joost »

kabenon007 wrote:You have to remember, Atticus, Nekka asked to be replaced. He just was checking in and saw he hadn't been replaced, so he decided to help a bit until Cavane found one.
This is probably true and as much as I like to see Dusterhan lynched, I don't think this is a good way to work. If you haven't been active much in a game and you are waiting to be replaced, I don't think that if you post you should vote. And when you vote it's pretty suspicous that you join a pretty large bandwagon. It does seem like he's trying to help his replacement, by casting a vote on someone without having to answer for it. If Duster turns out to be townie, Nekka/Replacement will appear more scummy because of this move.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am

Post by destructor »

Sorry, haven't gotten around to finishing my notes, but I'm still
very
uncomfortable with a dusterhan lynch.

My rationale is simple - he's not a threat. He isn't confusing us.
The people who continue to make him an issue are.
Ignore dusterhan, look for other more insidious players and lynch them. If we ever hit a brick wall further down the line, then by all means, get dusterhan. By that time, he'll either have started playing more socially, or been replaced, and then discussion on him would be more informed and appropriate.

I don't condone a dusterhan lynch today at all.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:22 am

Post by joost »

Personally I would love to know what side Dusterhan is on. I still think it's more likely that he's scum then town. Just because of his unhelpful attitude and I think lynching him will give us a lot of information because most of this game has been about him. People have defended him and have attacked him. Also if Dusterhan is town and we lynch we don't lose much. Well we lose two townies, but probably only one helpful one. But maybe we'll get lucky and he will get replaced, he's been absent for a week.
Mod, welcome to the game and thanks for helping us out. Please prod Dusterhan

Destructor wrote:Ignore dusterhan, look for other more insidious players and lynch them.
I've heard this before and I would love to do that. I hope that when you finish your notes you will tell us who those insidious players are and why you want to lynch them, because just saying "Leave the poor newbie alone and let's look at other people" is about as helpful as
Dusterhan wrote:i've got no idea who could be mafia... so, lets leave me alone and discuss who else could be a scum
I'm willing to lynch other people, in fact I have explained my suspicions about some people (Tinvision and Knuck for instance) several times. And I'm open for evidence against anybody else. But right now, Dusterhan is the best lynch for the day, I think.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

Nirp
Nirp
Townie
Nirp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:57 am

Post by Nirp »

destructor wrote:My rationale is simple - he's not a threat.
To be quite fair, I still believe he is more likely to be town then scum and I am therefore not a great supporter of lynching him. However, he can be a threat. If we don't lynch him, he might well live until endgame (it seems rather unlikely that scum will kill him). At that point, he will probably still will not have posted any content, so we have very little to judge his alignment. In addition to this, there is no reason to assume he will vote to help the town, even if he is a townie.
Ignore dusterhan, look for other more insidious players and lynch them. If we ever hit a brick wall further down the line, then by all means, get dusterhan.
Who are these "more insidious players"?
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

BTW. I still want to be replaced JDodge.
Yoo hoo. MOD
:P

If I was here before, I would still have voted dusterhan. It's too obsessive.
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Sephiroth »

destructor wrote: My rationale is simple - he's not a threat.
How do you justify this? He will undoubtedly make it to endgame unless we lynch him now. No mafia would kill him.
destructor wrote: He isn't confusing us.
True enough, for now. But you must look at this longterm. As the days go on we will find likely scum and thus better lynches. If we do not lynch Duster today, I dont think we'll lynch him until we're stuck in endgame with no read on him. And I really dont want to have that come about.
destructor wrote:
destructor wrote: Ignore dusterhan, look for other more insidious players and lynch them.
Any suggestions?
destructor wrote: If we ever hit a brick wall further down the line, then by all means, get dusterhan.
What if we dont? Then he wont die til endgame. What if we're stuck in a endgame situation with him as dead weight? WE
d be screwed, to put it simply.
destructor wrote: By that time, he'll either have started playing more socially,
I doubt this will happen. He only posted when pressured, and even then, nothing of value.
destructor wrote: or been replaced
As long as he posts something *regardless of content) he cannot be replaced since it would be an unfair bias by the mod against a certain playstyle. Replacement is not an option unless he stops posting entirely.
destructor wrote:I don't condone a dusterhan lynch today at all.
Unless I find a good scum candidate, I do. I tried to finish my analysis but bluehost ate my post.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by JDodge »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:BTW. I still want to be replaced JDodge.
Yoo hoo. MOD
:P

If I was here before, I would still have voted dusterhan. It's too obsessive.
vampyrusddg replaces Nekka-Lucifer.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:41 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

Greetings all :)

FOS: Aimee

Because past record dictates one of us must be scum :wink:

Will make a longer (and less jokey) post once I get a chance to have a proper re-read later on rather than a quick scan read
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

I still am not for lynching dusterhan today, though I agree with Seph that we can ill afford to keep him alive til endgame. Perhaps tomorrow if he's still a problem we can reconsider the situation.

Aimee:
Seems reasonably on the ball, but not too quick to wagon. See her interaction with Sephiroth as the random period ends. Vaguely pro-town feeling.

Atticus:
No read.

destructor:
Aggressive and very anti-lynching dusterhan today. Something to file away, but I can't draw any conclusions right now.

joost:
The most active player, actively scumhunting, presenting cases etc. Strongly pro-town read.

kabenon007:
Still on the dusterhan wagon. Not much else to say.

Knuck:
Changed his mind from thinking that voting dusterhan is opportunistic to thinking that lynching dusterhan will "garner some new information" and that "sooner or later he will have to be disposed of". Waffles again by saying that he suspects joost and kabenon007 for "going after dusterhan so early and so hard". On the top of my scumdar.

Nirp:
Has done some scumhunting and asked good questions, but like Aimee, doesn't seem overly anxious to lynch over little things. Somewhat town-seeming.

Sephiroth:
Aggressive player. I don't really like his analysis of kabenon007 in Post #219. kabenon doesn't appear to have actually expressed inconsistent views, unlike Knuck. Jury's out.

vampyrusddg (who replaced Nekka-Lucifer):
N-L was consistently suspicious of dusterhan. No further comment.

FOS Knuck
. That would probably be a vote since this game needs a kick in the pants, but it's been a long time since a vote count.
lol objective morality
joost
joost
Goon
joost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by joost »

-TinVision- wrote:
Aimee:
Seems reasonably on the ball, but not too quick to wagon. See her interaction with Sephiroth as the random period ends. Vaguely pro-town feeling.
I agree with this mostly, I would like her to participate more though. She doesn't post much, though when she does she's been scumhunting and brings up good posts. I'm a bit wary that she might be really good at getting us to ignore her.
-TinVision- wrote:
FOS Knuck
. That would probably be a vote since this game needs a kick in the pants, but it's been a long time since a vote count.
There was a vote count last thursday which did not change yet. See MeMe's post #252.
[i]You're[/i] a towel!

-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:53 am

Post by -TinVision- »

That's even on this page. Man, do I have egg on my face or what?

Vote Knuck
lol objective morality
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Atticus »

Mmmm... Eggs.
To TV: Is there a reason you posted that short player analysis? There wasn't much to read there except that you would FoS Knuck.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Mostly because I feel bad for being an inactive bum for a while, which I usually make up for by doing an indepth analysis. However, there's not really enough content to do a PBPA, so I did that little thing. The red-headed stepchild of a scumdar and a lengthy analysis.
lol objective morality
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by JDodge »

Prodding dusterhan, Knuck, Aimee and SilverPhoenix, as well as heavily considering a deadline.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:20 am

Post by destructor »

Finished the reread. I won't post too much, but maybe mostly on those 'insidious players'. heh

kabenon007

Enough seems to have been said about kab. I'll try not to repeat too much.
Despite his scummy posts, he has been scum hunting to a degree and has made pro-Town posts. The last post of his I noted was 188. It's the very last sentance I note.
kabenon007 wrote:However, I am considering moving my vote to somewhere where it could do some good, cuz having it on a silent dusterhan is not serving much of a purpose.
He insisted that his vote was on dusterhan for no reason other than him thinking he was scum. In this, he is implying that it had some other purpose, such as pressure, which he pointedly said it wasn't.

This is certainly suspicious, so...
FOS: kabenon007

Nirp

I get a feeling Nirp's been slipping under the radar. I've noticed that in a few of his larger posts he's only really repeated many of the sentiments that have already been tabled without adding much himself. I find going with the flow of discussion and not attempting to influence it like this scummy.

IGMEOY: Nirp

Knuck

I thought his vote on kabenon (Post 162) was a bit opportunistic. Similarly, his vote for dusterhan (Post 222) seemed bandwagonish. He explained his previous 'defence' of dusterhan as a newbie instict. I know I've used being a newbie to explain my own strange actions before as a townie, so maybe that's not so bad, but I thought I'd note it anyway.

-TinVision-

I'd still love to see more pressure on TinVision and am not opposed to lynching him. I mentioned before that he has been defensive and done little scum-hunting so far. I've only really picked up scummy behaviour from him and definitely nothing that gets me close to thinking he's pro-Town.

Still waiting on an answer to these:
destructor wrote:
-TinVision- wrote:I apologize if I confused with my actions in the random stage, but that was not my intention. Random pressure, in my opinion, is a legitimate tactic to spur activity and instigate revealing reactions.
How much pressure could you have hoped to apply by randomly changing your vote to Knuck? And again, I have to ask how could changing to Knuck possibly have been a better move so far as random votes go?
Two of his posts that stood out to me were Post 119 and Post 132.

In 119 and the posts it followed, I didn't like the way TV seemed to ignore the beef of the argument by talking about logic. I also didn't like the way he said "a fact in destructor's favor", since the discussion wasn't really about me at all.
-TinVision- in 132 wrote:I don’t really know what to do until dusterhan starts posting/gets replaced.
If anyone has a good idea, I’m game.
Doesn't want to scum-hunt and is waiting to see which way the wind blows. That's just scummy.

So my vote is still on TinVision.

I don't have heaps to say about the others. Atticus seems to have picked it up and has been posting (quality, if not quantity). joost is clearly active and scum-hunting. I note his eagerness with the dusterhan wagon, but he has been giving decent reasons for this, though I disagree at this time. Nekka-Lucifer's vote for dusterhan was dodgy, but now that he's been replace he can't really say much more about it. Worth nothing, nonetheless. Sephiroth seems to have slightly moved away from his agressive playstyle but is helping discussion and has been insightful. As much as it sucks to lose a big post and have to write it again, I'd like to know what Sephiroth was going to say. Ctrl+c FTW. =)

FOS: Aimee
FOS: SilverPhoenix

They haven't posted in a while and I'd like to see more from them both.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:36 am

Post by kabenon007 »

destructor wrote:kabenon007
Enough seems to have been said about kab. I'll try not to repeat too much.
Despite his scummy posts, he has been scum hunting to a degree and has made pro-Town posts. The last post of his I noted was 188. It's the very last sentance I note.
He insisted that his vote was on dusterhan for no reason other than him thinking he was scum. In this, he is implying that it had some other purpose, such as pressure, which he pointedly said it wasn't.
Maybe I worded it funny, but what I meant was that, although I saw dusterhan as scummy, at the point when I made the post, I saw that my vote on duster was not having any sway one way or the other, so I kept him in the back of my mind and considering moving on to others I found scummy. I still think duster is scum, but if my vote was not having any effect, I was going to move it to where it would.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Aimee »

/self prod.

I'm still here and will post tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”