the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Posting mainly to say I'm still here and following.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]BM, why are you not dead yet?[/quote]

I blame you.[/quote]Am I voting you? I think I am...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Kilroy, when did you try to pick up the Survivor DVD? Give me a date/time that you sent the pm.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]BM, why are you not dead yet?[/quote]

I blame you.[/quote]Am I voting you? I think I am...[/quote]

ah but your mindless spam distracts from any possible case you could have against me. You obviously dont genuinely want me to be lynched, otherwise you would be trying.
FoS: K-Scope
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:51 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I didn't try in Ready Salted, where I was town and you were scum. Pretty OMGUS....
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I didn't try in Ready Salted, where I was town and you were scum. Pretty OMGUS....[/quote]

exactly. thats what im saying. You had me pegged there from the start (regardless of whether you
really
believed it or not). Yet because your comments were so consistently OMGUSsy and unenthusiastic, nobody paid attention, and it was thanks to you that i managed to survive to endgame-because it was down to you that no case on me ever gained the credibility it should have.

Now, i'd have expected you to have learnt from this. You aren't going to get me lynched just by saying i am scum. I'd wager that if you GENUINELY felt i was scum, you would be trying a hella lot harder to make a case on me. Hell, if RSM is anything to go by, your suspicions on me were purely gut-you could make a case out of fluff if you felt strongly enough.

But you havent done this. Instead, you've made the same mistake as in RSM (though in this case i am town obv). There are really 2 possible motives for this play by you. Either you are scum and you know i am town. You dont want to push me too hard so it reflects badly on you later.
On the other hand, it could be because you arent actually that confident that i am scum. You'd love it if i was, but in reality, you just arent sure. If this is true i highly reccommend that you do a reread objectively, and see whether you can either confirm that i am scum, or see someone scummier.

At the moment i feel your comments towards me are primarily based on OMGUS and general bad feeling at being under heavy pressure, partially as a result of my comments.

Anyway, thats my diagnosis. Hope it helps.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

Sorry for the absence. Something came up.

I have confirmed that I am currently holding naught and only a Survivor DVD. I sent in the pick-up on Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:37 pm PST.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Sorry for the absence. Something came up.

I have confirmed that I am currently holding naught and only a Survivor DVD. I sent in the pick-up on Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:37 pm PST.
would it be wrong of me to ask whether the Survivor DVD is essential to your bonus list of items?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:29 am

Kilroy8675309 wrote:Sorry for the absence. Something came up.

that would explain it. I tried to pick it up a day late.
Permanent V/LA.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:01 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I didn't try in Ready Salted, where I was town and you were scum. Pretty OMGUS....[/quote]

exactly. thats what im saying. You had me pegged there from the start (regardless of whether you
really
believed it or not). Yet because your comments were so consistently OMGUSsy and unenthusiastic, nobody paid attention, and it was thanks to you that i managed to survive to endgame-because it was down to you that no case on me ever gained the credibility it should have.

Now, i'd have expected you to have learnt from this. You aren't going to get me lynched just by saying i am scum. I'd wager that if you GENUINELY felt i was scum, you would be trying a hella lot harder to make a case on me. Hell, if RSM is anything to go by, your suspicions on me were purely gut-you could make a case out of fluff if you felt strongly enough.

But you havent done this. Instead, you've made the same mistake as in RSM (though in this case i am town obv). There are really 2 possible motives for this play by you. Either you are scum and you know i am town. You dont want to push me too hard so it reflects badly on you later.
On the other hand, it could be because you arent actually that confident that i am scum. You'd love it if i was, but in reality, you just arent sure. If this is true i highly reccommend that you do a reread objectively, and see whether you can either confirm that i am scum, or see someone scummier.

At the moment i feel your comments towards me are primarily based on OMGUS and general bad feeling at being under heavy pressure, partially as a result of my comments.

Anyway, thats my diagnosis. Hope it helps.

BM[/quote]Lies.

Scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

...lame...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

Wow... everyone wants the survivor dvd, lol.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Right back on with the gumph

JDodge
- Early vote on Maryita wagon. Most posts revolve around the petty BM issue. You know you could do likewise. Seems completely uninterested in the game, wonder whether this is because he is or just a ruse. Dropped the Purse, goes after BM and MoS for wanting the item claim and then not claiming.

Overall
- Unimpressed. I've seen Jdodge take positions and stick with it in his obstinant playstyle here he seems totally ambivalent and uninterested, he's slung a couple of attacks at BM and one at Scope but as yet that's it. Could do with more content.

KaleiÐoscøpe
Scope starts off throws his vote around a lot, which I like. Bleh this seems so awfully scummy I cannot determine what to make of it I'd add I agree with BM's posts below this aswell to Jdodge and Yagami. Claims to have Snoop Dogg and Bear Bear which is in direct contrast to 205 where he says he didn't pick nout up. Gets some votes, self votes appeals to emotion. Unvotes after re-reading his PM. Meh maybe he just didn't read it to start with. Corrects 205. Reveals he's Kaith, Wine Shop Owner deals in Wine and Fye. Since then it's been back and forth between him and BM which is distracting.

Overall
- I feel the wagon on him will be useful to look at in another read, Neutral really, unhelpful and yep made a slip but I'm not nowehere near convinced he's bad.

Kilroy8675309
Early shift onto Scope for Scope's vote on Soupfly, possible defence of Soup. Has the Survivor DVD. Seems slighty unsure about why he's on the Scope wagon here 240 and here 279 - note to self to go look back over the Scope wagon at everyone else could be useful. Thinks IH is good, worth noting if IH is scum. Other than not much.

Overall
- Gut says scummy, doesn't seem to be very suspicious ppl, distinct lack of scum hunting and curiousity not liking.

Kinetic
Not much relevant until this post then, strikes me as he does actually know more fishing for information I do however like the fact he stands up to the item claiming no-one else does with such vocifery, I can see scum agreeing with it or being ambivalent, at least Kinetic sticks up to his guns, whether I believe him in that's it bad dunno, but at least he's not afraid to go against the crowd, plus points. Quite rightly pulls JDodge up. Some stuff regards Scope and Fritz, I do like this observation and vote. IH responds by saying he didn't have one, I kind of just don't believe that agree totally with 546 aswell. Gets attacked and some votes which I need to re-read ... since gone after BM. How do you feel about IH still? Worth another read not in isolation.

Overall
- I think he's town. Pretty happy with him.

Mariyta
Early wagon 8 votes. Seems a usual day one wagon, BM diverts it by going after Miss Moo, possible link between them. Mari herself fails to offer much comment on her wagon. Why I wonder. Mari misinterprets why BM and Mos go after Scope I think. Maybe I'm wrong. Dropped Blackberries picked up purse (Can you make alcohol out of Balckberries - either way I think you may be able to, wine at least). Unaware Scope claimed the winery, maybe she shouldn't have dropped them blackberries after all huh. Doesn't see a case on Kinetic = good. Twigs on IH = good. Good again regards JDodge's uselessness so far. I like her vote on Kilroy not so much BM.

Overall
- Again I pretty much feel she's good at the moment, dropping the blackberries I don't think is wise considering fruit = wine = alcohol but I'm not to unhappy with her.

MastermindofSin
It looks like the helpful Mos is playing, already 101 posts = good activity. As there's so much I cannot be arsed to do him today, I'll catch up with him after I've re-read the thread once again.

MissMoo
Miss Moo picks up the Blackberries. I like her take on the newspaper and Ibby/Fritz passing of items. Not much content wise mind, I'd like to here more from her.

Overall
- Newbish but no real bad vibes.

mole
Votes Soupfly, unvotes, Votes ABR - decent vote imo. Has a Youtube and Blockus which he picked up. Not a great deal else.

Overall
- His posts he has made don't strike me as alarming. But there isn't enough of them.

rolandofthewhite
3 posts. No claims. That is all.

Overall
- Useless.

soupfly
- Comments that spamming isn't a bad scum tactic, gets a vote for it from IH no less, crap case yet again. Soup votes IH. Dropped Staples, has cloth. Is absent for a while.

Overall
- not much to be honest, but nothing as yet to concern me scummy wise. Again would like to hear more.

tautology
Agrees with item claim, going with flow, votes Scope for not doing so. Say's he has no items doesn't state nout else. Later on Ibby presses him on whether he dropped/kept
an item, this I find very scummy, throws dirt at Ibby/Fritz yet doesn't give any real reason, Ibby answers him and goes on counter, Taut comments that he
did
drop one item, didn't say this before. He doesn't name the item, which smells
fishy to me. What item did you drop? Has since shifted his vote onto Kinetic again with very little reasoning. Guy's posted 8 posts and half of them I find scummy.

Overall
- Rivalling IH. If not more so. Scummy.

the silent speaker
Good opening post, shows he's attentive if nothing else. Calls out one of the early wagoners on Mari scum (Fritz, IH, Jodge) "Jdodge for preference" - worth noting. Then calls one of the next four likely scum between ABR, Flame, Kilroy or Aegor. States that Scope is posting contentful posts, meh disagree. Votes Aegor at the end of the post, strikes me maybe as picking on an easier target than say an IH/Jdodge who he seems to throw suspicion at. Holds the truck and picked up staples asks Aegor for top five candidates for scum, why just pick him out? Moves to IH.

Overall
- I'm pretty neutral and the issue with him and IH is interesting. IH voted TSS based on gut, TSS based with reasons. I know which side of that fence I sit, so for now more town than scum. Mind I'd like some more content like his first post.

xyzzy
- This is the sum of Xyzzy in 29 pages.
[quote="xyzzy"]There's this new invention, called useful content. You should totally try it out![/quote] Why is it when ppl who post things like that tend to do it even worse.
No claim yet either.

Overall
- Awful lurking, needs to post or be replaced.

YagamiLight
- Comments on the night kill, slightly scummy. Mind I don't think that's a scum-tell. Votes IH after IH's silly vote on Soup = good. Votes Scope, nothing much alarms me at this stage seems to be ok. Unvotes following the claim. Has Napalm - I'm glad by the sound of that it wasn't dropped. Babbles on about the wine-maker a fair amount. Shifts vote onto Ibby for passing her item to Fritz - based mainly on the newspaper. Yagami wants the jacket. Votes IH again good again agree with it - no idea why he's claimed item goals though.

Overall
- Pretty neutral really.

That's the lot aside from MoS who I'll get onto later.

I'm not seeing much scum-hunting going down that's for sure the item claims has kind of taken that aspect away and it feels more like a Day 5 of a game than Day 1. I don't like how 25% of the town have posted so little and I don't like several posts which seem to show a lack of knowledge with regards some items etc.

Anyways ppl I'd like to see with far more pressure include IH, Kilroy, Tautology. People I want to see much more contribution from Xyzzy, Soupfly, Roland, Mole, MissMoo, HeatherlOU, FlyingFoxbat, FLC and Flameaxe.

Foxbat, Roland and Xyzzy I think are yet to claim.

ABR and Tautology both of their claims so far - I don't like they failed to mention things straight up, both seem dodgy more so than anyone elses.

IH just seems incredibly scummy.

Vote IH
but yeh there's 6 or 7 ppl I could advocate lynching at present and no BM isn't one of them. I'd be very happy with a Tautology or Kilroy lynch aswell.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Fritzler »

everyone please get on kintetic

thank you
Surfs up dude.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Right....

well could you send me the Full Metal Jacket that ibby sent you?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Fritz, aren't you voting Kilroy?

I'm contemplating theopor_COD's posts. I have a couple questions for you,
theopor_COD.

What do you think about the mass item claim idea for today? Would you have been for or against it, had you been in the game from the start?
Foxbat, Roland and Xyzzy I think are yet to claim.
Might as well finish this claiming thing.

Now that Kilroy has once again verified he only has the item he picked up. He is the only person that is essentially saying no items were released to him last night, which implies he doesn't have a shop. Although there are 3 people left to claim, I've come to the conclusion everyone has a shop or space containing items released to them each night. This indicates that Kilroy is lying either about what he is holding or about not giving an item to someone last night. My vote stands.
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Post by tautology »

I think I've been reasonable with my claim, considering that it was an inventory claim that snowballed. I think there's little to no difference between claiming what item we've received in the night and a full on shop claim, and when I brought that up people said, "we don't want a shop claim." I think the expanding claim hurts the town more because I think townies are more likely to let slip something that could help the scum.

theopor_COD: Maybe you could explain how people throwing items around in the first night isn't scummy? I think I made a good case for my suspicions which you ignored in your player analysis. I've since backed off because of the explanation given and the resulting discussion, but I don't think I was wrong in the inquiry.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by JDodge »

tautology wrote:I think I've been reasonable with my claim, considering that it was an inventory claim that snowballed. I think there's little to no difference between claiming what item we've received in the night and a full on shop claim, and when I brought that up people said, "we don't want a shop claim." I think the expanding claim hurts the town more because I think townies are more likely to let slip something that could help the scum.
That makes no sense. Let's prevent townies from accidentally revealing info by... intentionally revealing that info?
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by tautology »

What? That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that with the ambiguous claim it's really easy for scum to slip in and ask for information they'll find useful. The town came to a reasonable consensus about an item inventory claim, but by the end of it everyone was claiming different things and no longer following any order.

I'm fine with not waiting for lurkers to get off their asses, but if we say a claim is for one thing, I think we should stick to it.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Sure, that's what the claim was originally, but you catch something like what ibaesha pointed out about Kilroy, then you look more into it. saying what your saying is like saying that we found a scumtell on some one, but we shouldn't ask him about it, because it might reveal something to scum if he's town. there's is always the chance something will be revealed to sucm whenever the town goes after one of it's own for scummy behavoir, but we don't know they're our own, so in the towns eyes, there is a chance the person's scum, and a chance they're town.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Post by tautology »

Asking for more information is one thing, but misrepresenting the claim is another. I didn't have a problem explaining that I dropped an item when questioned about my empty inventory claim, as someone not receiving any items in the night would look pretty suspicious.

What I didn't like were the people saying the claim should be all encompassing after it began, which to me is the same as a shop claim.
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

Good catch there ibby. Kilroy, answers pls. Vote pending.
Yo.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:22 am

Post by Mariyta »

theopor_COD wrote:
Mariyta
Early wagon 8 votes. Seems a usual day one wagon, BM diverts it by going after Miss Moo, possible link between them. Mari herself fails to offer much comment on her wagon. Why I wonder. Mari misinterprets why BM and Mos go after Scope I think. Maybe I'm wrong. Dropped Blackberries picked up purse (Can you make alcohol out of Balckberries - either way I think you may be able to, wine at least). Unaware Scope claimed the winery, maybe she shouldn't have dropped them blackberries after all huh. Doesn't see a case on Kinetic = good. Twigs on IH = good. Good again regards JDodge's uselessness so far. I like her vote on Kilroy not so much BM.

Overall
- Again I pretty much feel she's good at the moment, dropping the blackberries I don't think is wise considering fruit = wine = alcohol but I'm not to unhappy with her.
I didn't comment much on the wagon cause I knew it was nothing I needed to be worried about. It was Fritz being Fritz and people mindlessly following him off the cliff like they always do :P

As for the Blackberries, it never occurred to me that they could be used to make wine. You don't normally see fruit of that nature turned into any really decent wine, just the sweet, mostly cheap stuff. And hell, you don't like to drink crappy wine in real life, why on earth would you want to drink it here??
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:32 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibbygut says FLC is scum.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 am

FlyingFoxbat, rolandofthewhite and xyzzy need to claim their items or I will lynch them. Personally.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”