Newbie 478: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:50 am

Post by HackerHuck »

OpposedForce wrote:
Vote:IH
Word on the street is he always turns out scum. :)
I agree with this wholeheartedly!

Vote: IH
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Deadlines are not typically placed unless we've had a significant lull in the discussion or if we've spent a number of weeks and pages on the same game day.

Games can go into a lull at times, but I'm a little surprised that we're so slow right off the bat.

As a supplement to IH's advice, I strongly discourage a lynch before we hit four pages (75+ posts).
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Unofficial Vote Count:

IH: 2 (OpposedForce, HackerHuck)
booboodafool: 1 (SuperMarioSunshine)
Aman: 1 (joost)
HackerHuck: 1 (Aman)
SuperMarioSunshine: 1 (IH)
joost: 1 (booboodafool)

Anyone care to join me on the IH wagon?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

booboodafool wrote:I should vote hacker for trying to take advantage of me
Did you think that I was trying to take advantage of you in particular?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Wait, I have a reason! I'm trying to catch scum! That's a bad vote there joost.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Aman wrote:I still vote we Lynch HackerHuck
Any reason that I should be lynched? You will be hard pressed to find people willing to jump on a wagon that way.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I certainly don't like the jumpiness exhibited by Aman. Lynch-1 awaits you unless you put together some coherent thoughts.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Aman wrote:It seems to me he is trying to prevent HackerHuck which suggests he may have something to hide.
Where do you get this idea?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Wait a minute. You placed an initial random vote on me - perfectly normal. But you felt that I should actually be lynched? I certainly would like to know why you think it wasn't a mistake to suspect me, considering your first vote was random - or was it not?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Aman wrote:I ask if you are trying to defend HackerHuck(Which you still haven't answered yet) and i admit i shouldn't have put you at lynch -1. But i still think lynching you or HackerHuck would be a good move for the town.

Also like to point out i haven't placed a vote yet.
I'm confused. If you didn't place a vote, how did you put someone at lynch-1?

Also, why does it matter if he was defending me?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

unvote:
Vote: Aman

I don't see where there is a case against me or IH and you seem to think we'd both be good lynches.

Folks, please note post one of the game. The rules indicate a no-lynch at deadline. We really don't want a no-lynch!
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

OK folks, we're in a bit of a bind. The influence of the deadline will make it a little difficult to truly analyse the lynching wagon. I think it's fairly safe to say that IH was targeted for being an IC. I didn't see any type of power role tells from him and he didn't present himself to be so obviously town that we all trusted him.

Just a piece of advice to you all. Don't assume that the scum targeted IH because he may have been on to them. It's actually quite rare for them to be so obvious in their intentions. Not to say it should be dismissed, but don't put too much weight behind that theory. I'm going to do another reread before I put out my suspicions.

Last thought, but most important.

DO NOT PLACE A VOTE YET! If you have suspicions, use your FOS until we have all had a chance to discuss the suspect. The scum can pile on for the win if you do vote for a townie.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Sorry guys, I'm buried at work. I'll get my content up this weekend. I'm going to refrain on answering Joost's question at first, since I don't want my answer to cloud anyone's judgement.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Sorry about the delay guys. I didn't get as much time to reread as I had hoped and I have a couple of other games that were at deadline.

First off, I think this post of IH's is important to take a look at...

I reread the thread and then looked at everyone living's posts in isolation. If you don't know how to do that, go to the bottom of the thread below the Quick Reply section. There is a drop down box that says "Display posts from previous: 'All Posts' by 'All users' 'Oldest First'. Change the all users to the person whose posts you wish to review.

OK, here's my brief analysis on each player.

Booboodafool
:
Doesn't say too much at all. Most of his posts are quite brief, but a little pointed. He noted that my early push for the IH wagon might be a trap. Then he felt out whether he should vote me or not.
booboodafool wrote:I should vote hacker for trying to take advantage of me
After Opposed Force outlines what I might be doing, he softens his stance for a bit. Then we get this post
Aman wrote:I still vote we Lynch HackerHuck
followed directly by:
booboodafool wrote:While Hackerhuck could have been trying to hunt scum, it could be looked at a different way. Its possible that he is scum and was setting a trap for a newbie. While i dont think anyone would cast the final vote against IH, there would be a big enough case against the -1 voter and especially with nothing else to go off of on a slow first day.
Also very important to note is that he held his random vote until post 65 when he unvoted and never revoted anyone.

Joost
:
Votes for me to "add to the conversation". I got the feeling that he was protecting Aman a bit, but since Aman is town I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not keen on his insistence for IH to "answer the question" and it seems like a very minor thing to place a vote for. I do have a bit of a hard time envisioning Joost thinking that IH would be his best NK option as scum, because I think he could have some ground to stand on in pushing for an IH lynch today. His soft pedaling on the deadline lynch did raise a red flag for me, since a reticent lynch is often a scum-tell. I'm also leery of the cop comment, but to answer the question. At LYLO, only claim if you have a guilty or if someone places a vote on your innocent (or if you're about to be lynched of course).

OpposedForce
:
I'm not going to say too much about him. I got a pretty good feeling about OpposedForce. If he's scum, he's playing pretty well. Very out in the open with his opinions and they're well thought out. Of course, given his play on day I was more than a little disturbed by his recent vote, especially since Joost is on V/LA. I'm not saying OpposedForce is 100% town, but his play yesterday has bought him a pass for today.

SuperMarioSunshine
:
? Really, there's not much to look at. I don't really like the fact that I've only got 9 posts to read (6 from D1). His only real relevant comments on D1 are related to my press for the IH lynch. I would like to see his opinion on the IH/Aman interaction even thought they're both already dead. Unvotes Booboodafool for no reason, which is a little suspicious since he doesn't put it anywhere else. I'm bothered by his leadoff into D2.
SuperMarioSunshine wrote:ok DO NOT VOTE UNTIL YOU ARE SURE
we are in lylo
What do you think of the mafia's decision to kill IH?
The first part's good, but the question about the NK makes him seem like a lurker looking for easy information about where the town might be headed.

If I'm going to rank my suspects, it would go like this:
Booboodafool
SuperMarioSunshine
Joost
OpposedForce

that's from most to least scummy

Looking back at the lynch vote count, we had Me, IH, Joost and Opposed Force doing the mafia's dirty work. I would be a little surprised if both mafia were sitting on the sidelines, but it was a deadline lynch. The fact that there were no votes on anyone else makes me a little leery about putting a lot of weight into who actually was on the lynch.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Wow, glad I bothered to post. OpposedForce, did you not have any comments on what I had to say?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Welcome Zachbeard. I'm looking forward to your opinions, because they will greatly influence where I think I should place my vote.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

joost wrote:I did not say SMS would put me on L-1 without discussion and the fact that you are implying I did makes me more suspicious of you. I said that I suspect that you voted for me because you are scum and all you needed was one townie vote to win the game. HackerHuck already explained that voting in this stage is very dangerous. If you were town, I would have been lynched. I was not lynched so I highly suspect you are not town. Brash and reckless playstyles are scummy playstyles in my book.

Your vote on me could have cost us the game.
I wouldn't put him in the scum camp necessarily. It's all too often that scum are more careful at LYLO, since placing an early vote can play their hand. More often than not, it's a townie that will place the careless early vote. Couple that with - as you said - the fact that you weren't quicklynched and it's just as possible that you're one of the scum.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Joost - explain how it benefits the scum when a scum places the first vote on someone when it takes three to lynch.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Joost, try not to be so dense. Just because it's a bad move for a townie, doesn't make it a scum tell. One of the keys to this game is to differentiate between poor town play that might indicate alignment and poor town play that just indicates a lack of good judgement.

Here's the thing. His actions only benefit the scum when he is actually a townie. Therefore, regardless of his alignment he ends up making a decision that doesn't beneit his own group. If you can convince me how that makes him more likely to be scum, then I'll drop the subject.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Thanks for replacing Hermit.

I'm hoping to get some input from SMS before I place my vote.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

SensFan wrote:HackerHuck: Seems very solid player. He looks to be genuinely looking to help the town, and is not very suspicious. You got a free, public investigation, who and why?
What exactly does that mean?

I'm seriously considering a vote for Joost right now. I'm not sold on his behaviour day one and I really don't like how he's so gung ho on Opposed Force, even after I mention that it's not pro-town play, but it's also not something that scum would have reason to do.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:36 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Wow, well played scum. I think Joost was right to claim, since I was going to vote for him before deadline. I was fooled by OpposedForce and I apologise for not getting in to post before deadline. I doubt I could have led us in the right direction, but we may have been able to get some better discussion going.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”