Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Thin_Man »

I'm perfectly aware that he can confirm having the ability. A mafia cop can confirm having a cop ability. That doesn't mean that he can claim cop without the real cop going 'excuse me sir, you are full of shit', and him getting lynched without so much as a by-your-leave. The benefit of that play, for scum, is that they can draw out the cop in exchange for one of their own. No such luck with the SK. He would have to
know
that there is no vig in the game, otherwise a claim like that is exceptionally risky. And this is a game based on fucking cowboys. Do you honestly think any sensible minded serial killer would be
his entire chance of winning the game
on the fact that none of the 8 unclaimed people are vigs? I don't. I think it's exceptionally unlikely. It's just not human nature to take risks that exceptionally huge, especially when the reward is pointing yourself out to the mafia as someone they will have to kill before endgame. And factor in as well that you can't even argue down any vigs that counterclaim you, like you could with a cop, a doc, or a tracker. A vig just shoots you in the night and you lose, without any chance to argue back. There's no plausible way on earth it isn't a massively bad play for a serial killer to claim vig.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

GodOfWine wrote:Sorry for the delay. It seems my suspicion of CKD's reaction to the note has snowballed a bit since I've been gone. Anyway, I just read thru the 4-5 pages I have been missed and my vote stands on CKD. Para thinks his nameclaim sets him apart which is somewhat true. But I will not be adding that to my reasons for voting CKD, just to be clear. I don't buy his roleclaim after the unusual way he handled himself.
we will see tonight wont we
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by SirWario »

I can defintely prove I wrote the notes tonight. What do you want me to write?

My 2nd note said be wary because I didn't want say somebody is scum again. Nobody would believe the sincerity of the notes if I repeated the same message. We wouldn't be able to get a read from the pressure put on people.

I'm fine with letting CKD live tonight. That way he can prove his kills. If he's alive tomorrow with only one kill, then we lynch him. If he's really the vigilante, he won't live after tonight.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Something funny will be fine with me (as long as it references me)..still don’t understand the role…

Anyway, as I am believing the validity of the role..

Unvote..

I still think he is scummy, but I was looking at him through “note” colored glasses. I need to reread. I am not liking how para seems threatened by me all of the sudden and is really pushing for my lynch. Para don’t you think a mafia group and a SK versus so far a one shot doc, a vig, a note writer (alignment?), and a vote blocker(alignment, but can be assumed town) is a little one sided? what is the problem with letting the mafia NK me? What is hard to believe about my claim?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

But you have to remember, couldn't the doc protect him? I've never played with a Vig before, so I don't know if it is a smart idea to protect a vig with a doc. Could someone explain?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by SirWario »

Well Twomz might have been our only doctor. So theres a good chance he won't be protected.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

shit, I forgot Twomz died. My mistake
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount coming.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:40 am

Post by theopor_COD »

ryan wrote:If Thin_Man has two profiles doesn't that get him banned from the site? Mod?
I had missed this due to my hectic schedule however it's all pretty irrelevant. Keep playing. Votecount asap
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:53 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Paradoxombie (2) - Gorgon, SirWario
Curiouskarmadog (2) - GodofWine, Paradoxombie
Simenon (1) - Ryan
Ryan (1) - Simenon
Kabenon (1) - Thin_Man

Not voting - pdcakes

Not allowed to vote - Kabenon007
Last edited by theopor_COD on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:10 am

Post by pdcakes »

ok: I am still unsure about both the claims.
While i am very suspicous of both wario and ckd I am going to switch my focus back to paradoxombie, who was my initial suspect today.

Vote: Paradoxombie
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 am

theopor_COD wrote:
Paradoxombie (2) - Gorgon, SirWario
Curiouskarmadog (2) - GodofWine, Paradoxombie
Simenon (2) - Ryan, Curiouskarmadog
Ryan (1) - Simenon
Kabenon (1) - Thin_Man

Not voting - pdcakes

Not allowed to vote - Kabenon007
theo I unvote Simenon (for now)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok I'll edit it.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:40 am

Post by ryan »

CKD: Who are your top suspects at the moment than?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:01 am

it is going to look OMGUSy, but..Para, GoW, Simenon..are all sitting on the same plain of scumminess...waiting for Para to answer my questions...and GoW (who I suspected yesterday) votes then lurks
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:04 am

Post by ryan »

Kabenon007: What are your thoughts on the claims?
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:27 am

Post by SirWario »

pdcakes wrote:ok: I am still unsure about both the claims.
While i am very suspicous of both wario and ckd I am going to switch my focus back to paradoxombie, who was my initial suspect today.

Vote: Paradoxombie

Why are you suspicious of me?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 am

Post by ryan »

I'm having a hard time figuring out IF SirWario is scum why he would admit to writing the notes so early and not under any pressure? I have a slight problem though with one thing about telling him what to write for a note, what if he's roleblocked? That is the only scenario I can think of that would make him look guilty IF he's telling the truth. Other than that I'm satisfied with the claim
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 am

roleblocked by who? mafia?..if mafia can role block, who do think they will block, a note writer or a vig? I am 99% sure the mafia can not roleblock..or if they can, they get one shot to do it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 am

besides, wario is only confirming his role, not his alignment
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:01 am

Post by pdcakes »

wario: when anyone claims i always start out very suspicious of them (its a strategy i've developed because ive been fooled by false claims). While im less suspicious of you than ckd, the fact that you claimed under no pressure is bothering me.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Thin_Man »

pdcakes wrote:wario: when anyone claims i always start out very suspicious of them (its a strategy i've developed because ive been fooled by false claims). While im less suspicious of you than ckd, the fact that you claimed under no pressure is bothering me.
Claiming early under no pressure tends to be a town tell, fyi. Scum tend to love waiting until the last possible minute to claim, hoping to luck into a position that will allow them to claim a role that is hugely likely to be in the game, like an absent cop/doc, or a mirror of a town role, or just something that makes sense and is unable to be proved false by the other power roles in the town. Or just listen to everyone else's flavour so they don't commit flavour faux pas.

Claiming early under no pressure really isn't indicative of a scum mindset.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:roleblocked by who? mafia?..if mafia can role block, who do think they will block, a note writer or a vig? I am 99% sure the mafia can not roleblock..or if they can, they get one shot to do it.
Isn't it possible they roleblock one and nightkill the other? Listen it's a stretch as I don't know allignments or what type of roles are here but saying that we have you write a note and that gets you off as a townie 100% isn't true, there are other circumstances that I want to explore before I say who's for sure telling the truth and who's lying. Does that make sense?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:44 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Well ryan, as I've already said, I can believe CKD's claim. He chose the vig, an easy role to test, so if we didn't lynch him today, then we could just hold on to him and at some point ask him to vig someone, like an extra town lynch almost. Easy to prove or disprove.

As for SirWario's claim... I don't know where I stand yet on this one. I could see him as writing notes being his only role, but I've never seen it, so I am inherently skeptical that that is his only role. But why then would he claim it? It seems like such a stupid role for scum to claim, and we are drifting into WIFOM territory with that, but I see no point in it. Oh boy, I can write notes that have no relevance now that I have claimed? I am leaning more toward thinking he is being truthful, but I need to think on that one some more.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:52 am

Post by SirWario »

ryan wrote:I'm having a hard time figuring out IF SirWario is scum why he would admit to writing the notes so early and not under any pressure? I have a slight problem though with one thing about telling him what to write for a note, what if he's roleblocked? That is the only scenario I can think of that would make him look guilty IF he's telling the truth. Other than that I'm satisfied with the claim

If I was scum, there would be no need to claim. It was leading suspicion this way and that. I don't think a scum would want to ruin such an ability because it draws suspicion elsewhere. All WIFOM though.
pdcakes wrote:wario: when anyone claims i always start out very suspicious of them (its a strategy i've developed because ive been fooled by false claims). While im less suspicious of you than ckd, the fact that you claimed under no pressure is bothering me.

Ok, but I felt that me claiming would stop people from lynching only to test the note. That would just waste time. Plus, I didn't believe CKD's claim at that moment. I had a hard time seeing that I guessed randomly, yet my description suits CKD perfectly. Now, with no counter claim I believe it more. Also, the theme is wild west, there should be at least one vigilante.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”