thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by thinktank »

so what's the votecount?
People seem to be switching votes or casting new ones , hard to keep track. Atleast now we can get the game going considering we have all active players.

I not not sure if i should be suspicious of Ryan or not. he's quite aggressove and gets defensive really fast, but i dont think that's enough reason to lynch him. People are now voting Tyler, whats the core argument against Tyler?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by TylerJ »

people are voting for me? I think one or two might. nothing big.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 am

Post by ryan »

DeathSauce wrote:I'm happy with my vote.

MOD:Please note that I have unvoted and subsequently voted ryan
Do you have this same playstyle in all games Deathsauce? Where you disappear for awhile come back with a useless post and than go back to lurking?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:33 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I'm probably the worst person to ask about what my "playstyle" is, since as far as I know I don't have one. You've been in a few games with me so make your own conclusions.

The fact is that you admitted to "flailing" a few pages ago and it appears that you are still doing so, which makes me think you are scummy. So I voted you.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:36 am

Post by ryan »

I'm not flailing one bit, I'm asking a question as I find your post to be rather scummy. I've been in games where scum pop in a comment just like yours after having not said much of anything for awhile and you've showed that in this game, it's the #1 way to lurk, by posting but not contributing.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

thinktank wrote:so what's the votecount?
People seem to be switching votes or casting new ones , hard to keep track. Atleast now we can get the game going considering we have all active players.

I not not sure if i should be suspicious of Ryan or not. he's quite aggressove and gets defensive really fast, but i dont think that's enough reason to lynch him. People are now voting Tyler, whats the core argument against Tyler?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:vampyrusddg has me convinced.

Unvote, Vote: TylerJ

He's a bit overly aggressive here.
Tyler's attacks on ryan seem scummy to me. I'm finding myself agreeing with ryan lately. The people attacking him are riding the coattails of my attack. They haven't actually presented a good reason themselves.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:11 am

Post by ryan »

MoS: The thing I'm seeing from TylerJ is attacking anyone for anything (including using arguments that aren't his own) His attempt at blowing my "claim" was rolefishing if I've ever seen it and I don't see him finding scum as much as I see him being scum. A vote by me on him would seem OMGUS but I am considering it as looking back through I'm not seeing townie tendencies like I first thought. I don't like Deathsauce's participation in the game. thinktank has asked for vote counts quite a few times in the past 5 pages and although asking for vote counts isn't scummy, just posting that to look active is. I'll have some more in a few.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Setael »

ryan wrote:A vote by me on him would seem OMGUS
Self-aware, are we?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:17 am

Post by ryan »

Setael wrote:
Self-aware, are we?
Yes I am aware that it could look bad, hence why I'm putting together actual "cases with content" on a few I've listed.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:36 am

Post by TylerJ »

Ryan, I could really care less that the cases I have against you are not my own, they are still cases. But the fact is, the case I have against you IS my own. Post 227 seemed highly scummy. It wasn't suome slip of words that caused you to role claim. And, you had little pressure to role claim in the first place. Some other cases that have been brought against you seem to have been forgotten as well.

Please don't try to slip in propaganda in to your posts. I do not attempt to attack everything and everyone. Furthermore, I wasn't role fishing, only stating that you RC'ed.

What is this about not seeing town tendencies in my post. Whatever it is, it is either a) bull or b) disallusioned.

The fact is ryan, you are distracting me. Achilles heel if you will, when I find someone who I think is scummy, my focus narrows extremely. I will look over these past few pages and attempt to ignore your posts so that I can continue to search for issues.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:40 am

Post by ryan »

You rolefished TylerJ, simple as that. You saw something that you wanted to jump on and blow up and I wasn't under ANY pressure to claim, but lying about it would look scummy, so I came clean, what is wrong with that?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:54 am

Post by TylerJ »

Don't pretend to know that I rolefished, you can only guess ryan. By the way I did find something;

Ryan: Where you disappear for awhile come back with a useless post and than go back to lurking?

You mentioned Deathsauce, but someone else has been lurking, someone I forgot about entirely. Setael seemed suspicious to me a while back, but then I kind of forgot about her, perhaps it was because she was trying not to be noticed, and succeeded.

I won't start jumping down her throat but I will ask her.

Setael, Why the one-liner every-once-in-a-while posts?
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:04 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

Setael wrote:
vamp wrote:Setael: So far his posts can be divided into 2 categories, #1 defensive over very small mentions, #2 oppurtunistic early votes on wagons or attempts to start them over very minor things.
Can you please quote some examples of this? I assume you're talking about my vote on Fernando but you said "votes". Were you just trying to exaggerate, or do you have further examples? Also, please quote this defensiveness over very small mentions.
Setael wrote:
Fernando wrote:why can't me and ryan agree on something? luker hunting is so pro-town and pro-game that i'm amazed that you really thought about give us a FoS.
This particular "lurker hunting" feels contrived, and pointing it out with the "look how Town I am" plug looks scummy.
Unvote; Vote: Fernando
putting a second vote on Fernando quickly after the first.
Setael wrote:@MoS: Why did you choose to vote me instead of Deathsauce when we were both voting Fernando for the same reasons?
after MoS called you out for placing the quick second vote. He was the only person voting you at this point and had pretty much answered this when he placed the vote

Then post #108 is looking far too hard to throw suspicion on TylerJ and when Fernando calls you out for it and FOSes you we get:
Setael wrote:
Fernando wrote:while Tylerj defended me
I'll keep that in mind.
pouncing on a tiny snippet of a post for a quick snide remark.

post #127 is just an actual vote on TylerJ after you realised that you didn't unvote first time so it wasn't counted
Setael wrote:
TylerJ wrote:Setael: Setael voted for Fernando for his lurker post. He then made a long post against me on things that weren’t scummy in an attempt to falsely corner me. Also it seems that Setael seems to be lurking with enough posts to keep from being noticed.
First of all, SHE not he.

Second, can you explain to me why you would FOS me instead of voting me if you think all that is true? Seems to me like you're avoiding voting for me because my vote is on you, which I can see scum being very aware of.
calling out TylerJ for FOSing you rather than voting for you, not the least suspicious in my eyes, an FOS is basicaly warning someone that you think their playing scummy, this is quite a bad knee-jerk reaction for a FOS
Setael wrote:Yeah... maybe I'm missing something. My point was that your paragraph about MoS seems to mostly just point out things that seem pro-Town (like the Fernando clarification) whereas your paragraph about me sounds vote-worthy. If you really think I was intentionally writing things "that weren’t scummy in an attempt to falsely corner" you - why didn't you vote me?
Bottom line is, according to your post, your case on me seems a lot better than your case on MoS so it looks scummy not to vote me. The only reason I can see is you avoiding people saying "Tyler just voted Setael because she had voted him. OMGUS vote!" which is, of course, the kind of attention scum would want to avoid.
backing down after TylerJ pointed out that he FOSed you because he was voting MoS, although pointing out the OMGUS thing again even though TylerJ had, as you put in your own words, built a case that seemed vote worthy against you. A return vote with a case is not OMGUS, OMGUS is voting someone just because their voting you.

Setael wrote:It kind of makes it look more like OMGUS for you to feel like you need to say "This isn't an OMGUS vote."
again pushing the OMGUS thing even more, just arguing a point you'd already destroyed yourself

#143 & #148, flippant one liners, posting with no real content

#169 an unvote with some encouragement for lurker hunting

#183 ducking into the fight between Ryan and MOS to take a cheap shot at MoS as Ryan seemed to be on the ropes a bit

#185 trying to help out Ryan over the whole "I am not scum" argument

#193 voting my predecesor for lurking

and thats about it, all though looking back and quoting a lot of them now, theres a whole load of non-content and large chunks of time where you've done nothing other than poke at lurkers to make it seem like your not lurking...
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 am

Setael wrote:
Self-aware, are we?
After the attention that has been on him, I'd expect him to be a little self-aware. Not everyone plays with reckless abandon.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:13 am

Post by ryan »

TylerJ: I can only guess eh?

Post 184
TylerJ wrote: Ryan why are you already role claiming? That's the most scumtell move I've seen all game. Im starting to reconsider...
Post 190
TylerJ wrote:Never mind. My mind is playing memory trips on me. I could have sworn you role claimed like three times. Trippy...

I can't find the posts, so evidently you didn't. forgive me.
Post 203
TylerJ wrote:I thought I had seen it. You are trying for a guilt trip. Last time I saw someone do that, they were the Godfather.
Post 205
TylerJ wrote:What you just said about deathsauce is not scummy. I was just stating what I saw.
Anyone can claim townie, so to do so would be useless wasting your breath, unless you are trying to get people to reconsider who you are, hence you would be attempting to lay guilt.

Any body else see this as scummy or is it just me. If nobody else sees it as scummy then perhaps it isn't. But last time I saw this, mafia was killed.
Post 245
TylerJ wrote:I'm a bit overly aggressive. I'm willing to be corrected. Above I wrote the following, "If people want to kill me about being so adamant, that is fine"
Because I am almost 100% sure that you are scum.

However, if no one else thinks that is scummy, then I will wait and see and continue hunting.
If I am the only one that thinks that you are scummy, my vote would do nothing but waste time. a stranded vote often leads to a no lynch.

As far as MoS'es statement, he is right I am overly aggressive, only because I believe I have found scum. If-I do realize this is WIFOM, but I am being honest-I was scum I would hesitate to be so aggressive, not saying I wouldn't, but I would really, really hesitate.
Here is the post that jumped at me when I looked back at you trying to figure out my role (which I’ve showed above you did) You say you are “pretty sure I’m 100% scum” Want some more wiggle room? Pretty sure BUT 100%? How does that work out? AND than you say that if nobody agrees you’ll keep hunting? Or should I rephrase that for you? If nobody bandwagons you’ll try another one? Yeah that makes more sense. Again looking back through you’ve never stated a case on me with your own thoughts, opinions yet I’m 100% scum in your eyes? OH wait……..”almost sure” were the words followed by 100% correct? You did try and get me to roleclaim. You did jump on me using a townie line and than ripped me for claiming it (after I admitted that looking back it could be read that way and coming clean was “something scum could do too” There’s a case, feel free to spin it (as I know you will)
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am

Post by TylerJ »

ryan wrote:
Here is the post that jumped at me when I looked back at you trying to figure out my role (which I’ve showed above you did) You say you are “pretty sure I’m 100% scum” Want some more wiggle room? Pretty sure BUT 100%? How does that work out? AND than you say that if nobody agrees you’ll keep hunting? Or should I rephrase that for you? If nobody bandwagons you’ll try another one? Yeah that makes more sense. Again looking back through you’ve never stated a case on me with your own thoughts, opinions yet I’m 100% scum in your eyes? OH wait……..”almost sure” were the words followed by 100% correct? You did try and get me to roleclaim. You did jump on me using a townie line and than ripped me for claiming it (after I admitted that looking back it could be read that way and coming clean was “something scum could do too” There’s a case, feel free to spin it (as I know you will)
I will spin things. After all, that is what you have been doing. Here is an example, "Or should I rephrase that for you? If nobody bandwagons you’ll try another one? Yeah that makes more sense."

I wasn't trying to find out your role, I was sure that I had it already hence me not 'fishing' for your role! I was pretty sure, but some times things get foggier or clearer. Is that scummy?

Yes, for the third time I HAVE STATED MY OEN CASE AGAINST YOU, AND TRULY IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS MINE OR NOT. Evidence is evidence, how many times do I have to repeat myself.

Sure you have a case, but every lawyer can make something false seem true. I could do it too! But the question is who is lying, me or you. You never thought I was suspicious until I started on you, remember? If niether is lying, then we both are stupid idiots who are strongly decieved.

ARgghh... your so frustrating. Hopefully we don't go so far that we will remain bitter enemies on this site.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:33 am

Post by TylerJ »

It seems others think Setael is suspicious as well...

Hmmm...
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:38 am

Post by ryan »

TylerJ wrote:
ryan wrote:
I will spin things. After all, that is what you have been doing. Here is an example, "Or should I rephrase that for you? If nobody bandwagons you’ll try another one? Yeah that makes more sense."

I wasn't trying to find out your role, I was sure that I had it already hence me not 'fishing' for your role! I was pretty sure, but some times things get foggier or clearer. Is that scummy?

Yes, for the third time I HAVE STATED MY OEN CASE AGAINST YOU, AND TRULY IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS MINE OR NOT. Evidence is evidence, how many times do I have to repeat myself.

Sure you have a case, but every lawyer can make something false seem true. I could do it too! But the question is who is lying, me or you. You never thought I was suspicious until I started on you, remember? If niether is lying, then we both are stupid idiots who are strongly decieved.

ARgghh... your so frustrating. Hopefully we don't go so far that we will remain bitter enemies on this site.
Of course you knew my role already, you're scum, you knew I was on the town's side. And talk about not doing well under pressure, didn't you state that on me earlier? Tables have been turned a little haven't they? I'm more confident in my vote now, thank you for reaffirming my thought process.

Unvote/Vote: TylerJ
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:04 am

Yea I'm liking a TylerJ vote even more now.
Permanent V/LA.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Setael »

Bold is me.
vamp wrote:
setael wrote:
vamp wrote:Setael: So far his posts can be divided into 2 categories, #1 defensive over very small mentions, #2 oppurtunistic early votes on wagons or attempts to start them over very minor things.

Can you please quote some examples of this? I assume you're talking about my vote on Fernando but you said "votes". Were you just trying to exaggerate, or do you have further examples? Also, please quote this defensiveness over very small mentions.

Setael wrote:
Fernando wrote:why can't me and ryan agree on something? luker hunting is so pro-town and pro-game that i'm amazed that you really thought about give us a FoS.
This particular "lurker hunting" feels contrived, and pointing it out with the "look how Town I am" plug looks scummy.

Let's keep in mind how early in the game that was and that it was only a second vote. A little pressure is good, especially considering that there is very little to go on that early. Wagons = information.

MoS wrote:@MoS: Why did you choose to vote me instead of Deathsauce when we were both voting Fernando for the same reasons?
after MoS called you out for placing the quick second vote. He was the only person voting you at this point and had pretty much answered this when he placed the vote

Can you tell me how he had "pretty much answered this"? Because if he had, I would not have asked the question.

Then post #108 is looking far too hard to throw suspicion on TylerJ
This was the first game I was in from the beginning. All my others I'd replaced in. Obviously, it's tricky early on because there isn't much to go on. I picked the person I found the scummiest and presented everything that could've been possible scumminess. Maybe it looked like "trying to hard to throw suspicion" on him, but it was really me trying to build a case on someone when it's still early enough in the game that there's not all that much to work with

and when Fernando calls you out for it and FOSes you we get:
Setael wrote:
I'll keep that in mind.

Yep. Was trying to get a reaction out of Fernando. You weren't here, so you don't realize that it felt like the game was going nowhere. Reaction checking is definitely appropriate in that kind of situation.

post #127 is just an actual vote on TylerJ after you realised that you didn't unvote first time so it wasn't counted
setael wrote:
TylerJ wrote:Setael voted for Fernando for his lurker post. He then made a long post against me on things that weren’t scummy in an attempt to falsely corner me. Also it seems that Setael seems to be lurking with enough posts to keep from being noticed.

Second, can you explain to me why you would FOS me instead of voting me if you think all that is true? Seems to me like you're avoiding voting for me because my vote is on you, which I can see scum being very aware of.
calling out TylerJ for FOSing you rather than voting for you, not the least suspicious in my eyes, an FOS is basicaly warning someone that you think their playing scummy, this is quite a bad knee-jerk reaction for a FOS

That's your opinion. It could also be exactly what I pointed out that it could be: scum not wanting to vote me for fear of looking OMGUS and scummy.

Setael wrote:Yeah... maybe I'm missing something. My point was that your paragraph about MoS seems to mostly just point out things that seem pro-Town (like the Fernando clarification) whereas your paragraph about me sounds vote-worthy. If you really think I was intentionally writing things "that weren’t scummy in an attempt to falsely corner" you - why didn't you vote me?

Bottom line is, according to your post, your case on me seems a lot better than your case on MoS so it looks scummy not to vote me. The only reason I can see is you avoiding people saying "Tyler just voted Setael because she had voted him. OMGUS vote!" which is, of course, the kind of attention scum would want to avoid.
backing down after TylerJ pointed out that he FOSed you because he was voting MoS, although pointing out the OMGUS thing again even though TylerJ had, as you put in your own words, built a case that seemed vote worthy against you. A return vote with a case is not OMGUS, OMGUS is voting someone just because their voting you.

I know that. I was pointing out that Tyler seemed to be leaving his vote on MoS rather than voting me (even though according to his analysis post he had more reason to vote me) because he didn't want to be called out for an OMGUS vote and therefore look scummy. Also, where is the "backing down" here?

Setael wrote:It kind of makes it look more like OMGUS for you to feel like you need to say "This isn't an OMGUS vote."
again pushing the OMGUS thing even more, just arguing a point you'd already destroyed yourself

I definitely disagree that the point had been destroyed.
I find it very annoying that you did not bother to quote the rest of the posts, but instead merely gave a number for them along with your incorrect interpretation. You get minus 5 points for laziness. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but you clearly twisted them and skewed them as negatively as possible. Minus another 5 points for scumminess. Give me a few minutes while I quote them all for you.
Setael, #143 wrote:
MoS wrote:Goddamn. If I was mafia with Setael and ChocolateAttack, we'd be the best damn mafia ever. I don't think the three of us have been on the same side of an argument all game.
Does that make me bad Town?
Though you called this a "flippant one liner" it was obviously a joke. grow a sense of humor.
thinktank, Post 147 wrote:well, if it helps add to the argument im not less suspicious of any of you even after all these posts.. no one stands out as truly town or truly scummy, just a few people seem equally scummy but too many..
#148 was me responding "That's helpful." Maybe I should've written /sarcasm after to clear it up for you. Or did you need a treatise on the post and why his unhelpfulness and wishy washiness was scummy?
vamp wrote:#169 an unvote with some encouragement for lurker hunting
I can see why you didn't quote this one since there was no way for you to misconstrue it as scummy. Heaven forbid you quote something that would make me look Town - that would ruin your whole agenda. Here's the post:
setael wrote:
ryan wrote:You still haven't answered my question two pages ago and you've been quiet (to say the least)
Was this directed at me? It appears as though it was since it came with your vote on me, but I'm confused because I don't remember you asking me a question and I looked back a few pages and don't see any, and I've hardly been quiet. Can you give me a post # where I can find that question?

Jordan's reaction to my case was decent and he has been acting pretty Town lately so for now Unvote.

I have a feeling all the scum are just lurking. I'd like to hear more from Fernando and Mr. Pigg.
vamp wrote:#183 ducking into the fight between Ryan and MOS to take a cheap shot at MoS as Ryan seemed to be on the ropes a bit
Hmmm... that doesn't sound accurate at all. Let's take a look at the actual post, shall we?
setael wrote:
MoS wrote:I had no plan, did I? What about the fact that
careless scum would be so eager to jump on my "slip", or whatever you want to call it, that they would forget that this is an open setup, and that C9+2 only has two mafia
, so I couldn't be distancing from a "couple of" my scumbuddies. Nor was I making a badly supported argument that us "three couldn't be on the same side".
The part I italicized doesn't really make sense to me... it seems like scum would be the LEAST likely to forget that there are only two mafia... since they know that they are mafia with only one other person. Am I missing something?
I think you should admit this is a very viable point, and apologize for twisting it so blatantly. Either to me if you are Town, or if you are scum, apologize to your scum buddies for being so obvious.
vamp wrote:#185 trying to help out Ryan over the whole "I am not scum" argument
Well, I don't remember defending Ryan, so I guess we should quote the actual post, eh? Here it is:
setael wrote:Saying "I am not scum" is hardly role claiming.
Why interpret this as "helping out ryan" rather than "calling out Tyler for accusing ryan of role claiming when he obviously hadn't"? You clearly tried to put a scummy coating on it that wasn't there, which was helped by the fact that you didn't quote it, just like the rest of these.
vamp wrote:#193 voting my predecesor for lurking
One bonus point for being accurate about something and for not trying to conjure up nonexistent scumminess FOR ONCE.

I don't see how a Townie would've skewed things in this way. Your post seemed almost assuredly scum attempting to create a case out of nothing by twisting everything I've done.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

Setael wrote:Bold is me.
vamp wrote:
setael wrote:

Setael wrote:

Let's keep in mind how early in the game that was and that it was only a second vote. A little pressure is good, especially considering that there is very little to go on that early. Wagons = information.
not that early in the game, even if it is scum under pressure their just going to throw it back on you for jumping on a bandwagon with flimsy evidence. The fact that Fernando didn't jump back at you is interesting though but lets give Jdodge a chance to get into the game before we head in that direction.
Setael wrote:
Vampyrusddg wrote:
MoS wrote:@MoS: Why did you choose to vote me instead of Deathsauce when we were both voting Fernando for the same reasons?

Can you tell me how he had "pretty much answered this"? Because if he had, I would not have asked the question.
in post #66:
MastermindOfSin wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Setael

Feels opportunistic to me, riding the anti-lurkerhunting wagon that I started in order to jump on Fernando. I actually don't think Fernando is suspicious for his post. Rather, I think he's inexperienced and didn't know better. That's why I clarified for him.
Setael wrote:
vampyrusddg wrote:Then post #108 is looking far too hard to throw suspicion on TylerJ
This was the first game I was in from the beginning. All my others I'd replaced in. Obviously, it's tricky early on because there isn't much to go on. I picked the person I found the scummiest and presented everything that could've been possible scumminess. Maybe it looked like "trying to hard to throw suspicion" on him, but it was really me trying to build a case on someone when it's still early enough in the game that there's not all that much to work with
good answer, and the only to give, thats sounding more pro-town
Setael wrote:
Vampyrusddg wrote:and when Fernando calls you out for it and FOSes you we get:
Setael wrote:
I'll keep that in mind.

Yep. Was trying to get a reaction out of Fernando. You weren't here, so you don't realize that it felt like the game was going nowhere. Reaction checking is definitely appropriate in that kind of situation.
good answer again
Setael wrote:
vampyrusddg wrote:post #127 is just an actual vote on TylerJ after you realised that you didn't unvote first time so it wasn't counted
setael wrote:
TylerJ wrote:Setael voted for Fernando for his lurker post. He then made a long post against me on things that weren’t scummy in an attempt to falsely corner me. Also it seems that Setael seems to be lurking with enough posts to keep from being noticed.

That's your opinion. It could also be exactly what I pointed out that it could be: scum not wanting to vote me for fear of looking OMGUS and scummy.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one Tyler was in no danger of looking OMGUS because he had posted a case against you, not just moved his vote over to you with no reasoning
Setael wrote:
vampyrusddg wrote:

I know that. I was pointing out that Tyler seemed to be leaving his vote on MoS rather than voting me (even though according to his analysis post he had more reason to vote me) because he didn't want to be called out for an OMGUS vote and therefore look scummy. Also, where is the "backing down" here?
maybe backing down is the wrong term, just sounds to me like your trying to give yourself more wiggle room, paving the way for your eventual unvote to make sure your not accused of suddenly backing out of a line of thought thats going nowhere
Setael wrote:
vampyrusddg wrote:#140

I definitely disagree that the point had been destroyed.
Not by him, no, but to my mind and most experienced players will agree theres little chance of it being looked on as an OMGUS vote. That whole exchange reeked of scum on both sides though
Setael wrote:I find it very annoying that you did not bother to quote the rest of the posts, but instead merely gave a number for them along with your incorrect interpretation. You get minus 5 points for laziness. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but you clearly twisted them and skewed them as negatively as possible. Minus another 5 points for scumminess. Give me a few minutes while I quote them all for you.
Simple time vs. effort, sorry but most of the rest of your posts held little real content, lurking in plain sight pretty much. I prefer people just popping there heads in and saying "I'm still reading, having got much to say" rather than just coming in with the stuff that follows
Setael wrote:
Setael, #143 wrote:
MoS wrote:Goddamn. If I was mafia with Setael and ChocolateAttack, we'd be the best damn mafia ever. I don't think the three of us have been on the same side of an argument all game.
Does that make me bad Town?
Though you called this a "flippant one liner" it was obviously a joke. grow a sense of humor.
joke intended or not it's still a one-liner which contributes very little to the game or furthers discussion. I'm not saying it's that scummy, but it's not helping the town in any way.
Setael wrote:
thinktank, Post 147 wrote:well, if it helps add to the argument im not less suspicious of any of you even after all these posts.. no one stands out as truly town or truly scummy, just a few people seem equally scummy but too many..
#148 was me responding "That's helpful." Maybe I should've written /sarcasm after to clear it up for you. Or did you need a treatise on the post and why his unhelpfulness and wishy washiness was scummy?
again pointing this out and calling him out properly for lack on contribution would have been a lot more helpful than another one-liner
Setael wrote:
vamp wrote:#169 an unvote with some encouragement for lurker hunting
I can see why you didn't quote this one since there was no way for you to misconstrue it as scummy. Heaven forbid you quote something that would make me look Town - that would ruin your whole agenda. Here's the post:
setael wrote:
ryan wrote:You still haven't answered my question two pages ago and you've been quiet (to say the least)
Was this directed at me? It appears as though it was since it came with your vote on me, but I'm confused because I don't remember you asking me a question and I looked back a few pages and don't see any, and I've hardly been quiet. Can you give me a post # where I can find that question?

Jordan's reaction to my case was decent and he has been acting pretty Town lately so for now Unvote.

I have a feeling all the scum are just lurking. I'd like to hear more from Fernando and Mr. Pigg.
Lurker hunting isn't as pro-town as you think, as is often said lurkers come in all flavours, and are a favorite scapegoat of scum. I don't find it that scummy here more misguided as you weren't really deflecting from anything else that was going on at the time.
Setael wrote:
vamp wrote:#183 ducking into the fight between Ryan and MOS to take a cheap shot at MoS as Ryan seemed to be on the ropes a bit
Hmmm... that doesn't sound accurate at all. Let's take a look at the actual post, shall we?
setael wrote:
MoS wrote:I had no plan, did I? What about the fact that
careless scum would be so eager to jump on my "slip", or whatever you want to call it, that they would forget that this is an open setup, and that C9+2 only has two mafia
, so I couldn't be distancing from a "couple of" my scumbuddies. Nor was I making a badly supported argument that us "three couldn't be on the same side".
The part I italicized doesn't really make sense to me... it seems like scum would be the LEAST likely to forget that there are only two mafia... since they know that they are mafia with only one other person. Am I missing something?
I think you should admit this is a very viable point, and apologize for twisting it so blatantly. Either to me if you are Town, or if you are scum, apologize to your scum buddies for being so obvious.
I won't aplogise for having my own point of view when reading this, we're all biased by how we chose to read things and how we translate the content around it, that's just how it reads to me
Setael wrote:
vamp wrote:#185 trying to help out Ryan over the whole "I am not scum" argument
Well, I don't remember defending Ryan, so I guess we should quote the actual post, eh? Here it is:
setael wrote:Saying "I am not scum" is hardly role claiming.
Why interpret this as "helping out ryan" rather than "calling out Tyler for accusing ryan of role claiming when he obviously hadn't"? You clearly tried to put a scummy coating on it that wasn't there, which was helped by the fact that you didn't quote it, just like the rest of these.
See my point before, your answering something for Ryan, something he could easily have refuted and scoffed at himself. I can see it as one of 2 things, a) taking Ryan's side in an argument to help him out as he constantly picks arguments, b) posting pretty much non-content. I leaning towards just misguided posting and feeling the need to say something to show your still here.
Setael wrote:
vamp wrote:#193 voting my predecesor for lurking
One bonus point for being accurate about something and for not trying to conjure up nonexistent scumminess FOR ONCE.

I don't see how a Townie would've skewed things in this way. Your post seemed almost assuredly scum attempting to create a case out of nothing by twisting everything I've done.
once again, my own point of view, I only know one persons role in this game and thats me, everyone elses posts are open to interpretation, some you may not agree with but that doesn't make them any less valid than your own views and translations, about any minor slips scum may or may not have made. If we don't attack each other and put cases forward we don't get any scum hunting done.
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by ChocolateAttack »

TylerJ wrote:wow, that's pathetic, you can't take a joke people. For now on don't joke, or else you might be FOS'ed, or worse, voted for.

I'm sorry guys that isn't scummy, thats down right rude. Thats so annoying, ruin the fun why don't you. CA I posted the exact same think in the other game we were playing. Not one person jumped on me for it. And its at the beginning when people make big deals out of everything.

By the way CA, are you done with your mid terms? I still wish you luck, even after being so rude.
I was just want a proper explanation from you that why i fos you and didn't vote for you, but you seem a little defensive toward my post. Anyway, i don't hold any grudge toward you and thanks for your luck, my test would be tomorrow.

Unvote:
i can't really explain this but Ryan and MoS early arguments convince me they both not scum so i hold off my vote and wait for a little while.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by thinktank »

seems like a lot of long posts today...Setael makes a good counter argument against voting her, which is narrowing the barrel down significantly.
In my mind i was thinking, Ryan Setael or Tyler. Setael seems to have made good counter arguments against pretty much everything that was said. Ryan seems less and less likely as the game seems to progress and I don't buy the Ryan's claim about Role hunting.

Please fill me in on my lapse of logic because im fairly new to this but doesnt every one rolehunt in this game, isnt that the point? to find out which player's roles are scum? so how can u hold that against someone?

Back to my original statement, out of the three Tyler is in the lead because he was quick to hammer. However having said that, thats not nearly enough to lynch someone. More importantly, someone please tell me what the fault with my logic about rolehunting is?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by TylerJ »

*Deep breath*

Thinktank you are the only one besides ryan who has given a reason for voting me. Thank you.

I was quick to, I don't deny it or regret it. I believe ryan is scum. Perhaps my frustration at him has blinded me to think otherwise but I still think he is. Maybe that will change. Unfortunately, I think my angry comebacks at him are going to cause a grudge.

So to you ryan, I ask forgiveness for my anger aimed towards you. This does not mean that my past opinions have changed.

And to reply to your last post, you said I wasn't doing well under pressure. That is too true. I never thought you would have pushed my buttons so perfectly. Nobody is seeing my way, and on top of that you disagree with my intentions and call me scum. I don't like it when people disagree with me and usually want to argue till people see it my way. Hence the down fall.

If you think this is scummy I can't refute it. I didn't do well under pressure, not because you are pointing a finger at me though. Far from it. Rather because you disagree with my true intentions.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by thinktank »

I'm sry if me asking for vote counts seems scummy, but I just want to see what everybody's actions are at the current time because in the last few days this game seems to have picked up and wagons seem to be changing, originally was against ryan but then against Setael and Tyler, and now Tyler?

The only reason which i see which makes tyler a bit more suspicious than others is a quick hammer, but i dont see how rolehunting is scummy. Im fairly new to this game so could please explain why rolehunting is scummy? isn't the point of the game to find other people's roles essentially? Do you mean he was pushing for a like a power role claim? because it didnt seem like that to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”