Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Gorgon »

This one?
Simenon wrote:I want to know how any of those who thought the note could be credible thought about the balance of such a role.
Doesn't apply to me ... but I'm happy to repost it for the benefit of those whom it does apply to.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Gorgon »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am 99% sure the mafia can not roleblock..or if they can, they get one shot to do it.
Why?
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

Gorgon wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am 99% sure the mafia can not roleblock..or if they can, they get one shot to do it.
Why?
Was wondering this too.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by SirWario »

I just played a game where the mafia could roleblock. Though, there were only 2 scum because of it.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

Mafia can quite frequently block. It's tied for popularity with Godfather, really.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Simenon »

Thin_Man wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Why?
Was wondering this too.
If I may be blunt, don't be dense.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Simenon »

Sorry, I read that wrong.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

CKD: GoW votes then lurks? It hasn't even been one day since my last post! That's not lurking in my opinion but I guess you're entitled to yours. Also I will jump onto the dogpile: Why are you so sure that mafia cannot roleblock? I was under the impression it was relatively common. I would be even more inclined to accept the possibility of a scum role blocker, when we apparently have a weirdo-arbitrary note-writer role. Anyway, certainty is quite a tell.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ryan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:roleblocked by who? mafia?..if mafia can role block, who do think they will block, a note writer or a vig? I am 99% sure the mafia can not roleblock..or if they can, they get one shot to do it.
Isn't it possible they roleblock one and nightkill the other? Listen it's a stretch as I don't know allignments or what type of roles are here but saying that we have you write a note and that gets you off as a townie 100% isn't true, there are other circumstances that I want to explore before I say who's for sure telling the truth and who's lying. Does that make sense?
well, I still get my kill off even if the target me right?..they would want to roleblock me
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:17 am

Gorgon wrote:
Why?
ask me that question tomorrow if I am still around
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 am

GodOfWine wrote:CKD: GoW votes then lurks? It hasn't even been one day since my last post! That's not lurking in my opinion but I guess you're entitled to yours. Also I will jump onto the dogpile: Why are you so sure that mafia cannot roleblock? I was under the impression it was relatively common. I would be even more inclined to accept the possibility of a scum role blocker, when we apparently have a weirdo-arbitrary note-writer role. Anyway, certainty is quite a tell.
so you will keep your vote on me then?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:40 am

Post by ryan »

Simenon wrote:Nobody is answering my question. :()
When I first read the note I thought maybe a cop had an investigation BUT when there were no night actions done to start the game (since we started in Day) I thought the mod did it to spark discussion.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Thin_Man »

ryan wrote:
When I first read the note I thought maybe a cop had an investigation BUT when there were no night actions done to start the game (since we started in Day) I thought the mod did it to spark discussion.
We started with night.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:12 am

Post by ryan »

Thin_Man wrote:
ryan wrote:
We started with night.
*smacks forehead* That's right, we did start in night BUT it was a no kill night.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Thin_Man wrote:I'm perfectly aware that he can confirm having the ability. A mafia cop can confirm having a cop ability. That doesn't mean that he can claim cop without the real cop going 'excuse me sir, you are full of shit', and him getting lynched without so much as a by-your-leave. The benefit of that play, for scum, is that they can draw out the cop in exchange for one of their own. No such luck with the SK. He would have to
know
that there is no vig in the game, otherwise a claim like that is exceptionally risky. And this is a game based on fucking cowboys. Do you honestly think any sensible minded serial killer would be
his entire chance of winning the game
on the fact that none of the 8 unclaimed people are vigs? I don't. I think it's exceptionally unlikely. It's just not human nature to take risks that exceptionally huge, especially when the reward is pointing yourself out to the mafia as someone they will have to kill before endgame. And factor in as well that you can't even argue down any vigs that counterclaim you, like you could with a cop, a doc, or a tracker. A vig just shoots you in the night and you lose, without any chance to argue back. There's no plausible way on earth it isn't a massively bad play for a serial killer to claim vig.
Your probably correct, but I just realized that I misread; I had attributed somthing CKD said to a different player.
Unvote
make it an
FOS: CKD

pdcakes wrote:ok: I am still unsure about both the claims.
While i am very suspicous of both wario and ckd I am going to switch my focus back to paradoxombie, who was my initial suspect today.

Vote: Paradoxombie
What's your case? And what specifically made you start suspecting me today?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 am

Post by pdcakes »

Paradox: Before all this business with CKD and Wario claiming i had suspected you. Here's the post with my reasoning:

Pdcakes Wrote:
And i agree with wario about paradox. I believe every townie alive is important no matter what the situation is and para's willingness to have himself lynched instead of twomz, (who his vote was on) is really really suspicious in my eyes. And in the end he casted the tiebreaking(and in the end condemning vote on aimee).
Vote: Paradoxombie
This is the post of Wario's that I refer to:
SirWario Wrote:
Yes, I'm going to my top suspect from yesterday. Paradox was cleared because he unvoted Twomz. If you're town, why would you have yourself lynched instead of the player you thought was scum? You were the one pushing Twomz yesterday(its proven now that he's town). It seemed to me that your noble move was made by someone with nothing to lose in order to look better in the town's eyes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well pdcakes, it's clearly better for myself to be lynched than for no one to be. At least if I get lynched, my alignment will be confirmed, and the rest of the players can look at my wagon on day two use it to find scum.

I voted Aimee for two reasons 1. There was potential for a no lynch, and I had no idea there'd be any more votes before deadline. and 2. Even if someone did come in, there was a good chance that they'd vote me, while if I voted Aimee first, I couldn't be killed by a single vote.

for clarity:
No lynch<My lynch<Random lynch(aimee, for me)<An actual suspect of mine

I really don't see how my unvote of twomz could be grounds for suspicion.
-George Washington

So it goes.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:11 am

Post by SirWario »

Why was you being lynched instead of Twomz better than you being lynched instead of Aimee? I still believe your first unvote was a ploy.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:51 am

Post by pdcakes »

umm when you removed your vote it was on twomz. wouldnt he count as a suspect of yours? i thought a suspect fo you was a better lynch than you.....
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

pdcakes wrote:umm when you removed your vote it was on twomz. wouldnt he count as a suspect of yours? i thought a suspect fo you was a better lynch than you.....
Yeah, but at the time there was a tie in votes which would result in a No Lynch. And a no lynch is worse than anything.
SirWario wrote:Why was you being lynched instead of Twomz better than you being lynched instead of Aimee? I still believe your first unvote was a ploy.
Because Twomz wouldn't have been lynched, my vote only tied him with me. We would've had a no lynch.
-George Washington

So it goes.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by SirWario »

But why would you vote Aimee? You never really showed any suspicion of her. You saved yourself with your tie with Aimee. But tried to sacrifice yourself with your tie with Twomz.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

SirWario wrote:But why would you vote Aimee? You never really showed any suspicion of her. You saved yourself with your tie with Aimee. But tried to sacrifice yourself with your tie with Twomz.
Those weren't the same situations. With Twomz UNVOTING prevented a No Lynch; With Aimee VOTING prevented a no lynch. You really just aren't paying attention.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Para's actually making a lot of sense here. First he was tied with Twomz while voting for Twomz, so the only way for him personally to prevent a no lynch was to unvote. Then, he was tied with Aimee while not voting for her, so the only way for him personally to prevent a no lynch was to vote her.

Unvote
while I get my bearings.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by SirWario »

Bah. I'll concede that they were different circumstances. But I still don't like that unvote on Twomz.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”