ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:07 am

Post by ryan »

SirWario wrote:Bah. I'll concede that they were different circumstances. But I still don't like that unvote on Twomz.
I understand your frustration with that. It almost seems as though Para knew Twomz was town and unvoted so he could use the "Well I wasn't on the Twomz bandwagon" I'll re-read a little of that exchange but I'm still happy with where I'm at vote wise.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vote GodOfWine

any reason your vote is still on me? Why are you trying to do the mafia's work for them?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Gorgon »

GOW is bugging me a lot. Can't quite put my finger on it, though .... but I didn't like his vote on Twomz, and I don't like the way he's going after ckd now. His style is also confusing in general, like he's trying a bit too hard to be seen as insightful. Also, he likes to go after people for lame and 'easy' reasons. (pdcakes for suggesting Adam be lynched, Twomz for suggesting no lynch as a possibility, ckd for asking people about the "Be wary" note).

Also, I don't like this at all:
GodOfWine wrote:About this whole collective check-in scumlist thing, I suggested this in the first game I ever played and a tidal wave of response showed me how scummy that suggestion is, mainly for the reasons that Adele posted. This idea forces everyone to make a clear post of who they feel may be scum, and people's hypothetical intentions can be easily turned against them later. It gives the scum concrete evidence to quote and mislead.
I categorically disagree with this. Town should
always
post any thoughts they have, sooner or later. So friggin' what if your suspicions change later in the game? 'Concrete evidence to quote an mislead' my a** ... you might as well not post anything at all if you're worried about scum using your words against you. Townies should hunt scum, period. All other concerns are secondary.

Guess I did put my finger on it ...

Vote: GodOfWine
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:37 am

Post by GodOfWine »

Gorgon, you are a moron. You totally manipulated the point I was making about posting scumlists. What I was saying was, early in the game, most people dont have definite top 3 scum prospects, they have a general idea of who they find suspicious. Once you ask people to post these lists in a ranked fashion, the assumption is that they find the three people on their list scummy. There is a difference between suspicious and scummy, which you apparently don't understand. Then, once these lists are posted, it is extremely simple for people to make accusations and draw connections between two people based on Day 1 suspicions. Did you happen to forget that I posted my own list like the rest of the town, once I had made my point clear about the later use of these lists? Posting the list would not hurt me after I alerted everyone to their possible uses.

Also, lame and easy reasons? Like you're the Einstein of the game so far. The reasons that I have voted for players before (pdcakes, Twomz, and CKD) are concrete and obvious. I'm sorry if you like to refer to that as "Lame and easy". I'm not making excuses for votes that don't need them.

CKD, why are you so shocked that I still have my vote on you? You really haven't made any progress towards the clearing of your name, besides a quite possibly specious vig claim. If anything, by continuously asking me why my vote is on you or whether or not I'm considering unvoting you, you're coming off even more frantic.

P.S. - Gorgon, change your avatar so everybody doesn't hate you anymore.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Simenon »

ugh.

Unvote
Vote GodofWine

Post 703 is an overreaction for the books.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:12 am

Post by SirWario »

Seriously, calm down GOW.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 am

Post by pdcakes »

its just a game GoW....but i dont like the way you are responding to pressure...not enough for a vote but:
FoS: GodofWine
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount somewhat up to date for once

GodOfWine (3) - Curiouskarmadog, Gorgon, Simenon
Paradoxombie (2) - SirWario, pdcakes
Curiouskarmadog (2) - GodofWine, Paradoxombie
Simenon (1) - Ryan
Kabenon (1) - Thin_Man

Not allowed to vote - Kabenon007

6 to shove someone down the pit
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 am

Post by GodOfWine »

Would someone please explain to me how I overreacted? I know that I have a tendency to overreact, but I read my post over, and I still think everything I said was entirely appropriate.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:52 am

yeah, I am frantic..you are the guy defending his vote on a claimed vig when logic states the mafia will take me out tonight.

also please provide the reason you are voting for me, for now we have a claimed note writer and "know" the reason he wrote what he did, your reasoning doesnt really stand up.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:09 am

Post by GodOfWine »

honestly we know who's writing the notes, but we don't "know" his alignment. he claims town with no special knowledge but we won't be able to prove that until tonight. right now, just keeping my vote on you until someone else catches my attention. im not one of those people who unvote as soon as some evidence turns up against the vote. right now, my vote is not endangering you, so im leaving it. although i do really feel like heading up a gorgon wagon right now for that ridiculous avatar. reason enough to be lynched? i think so.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

GodOfWine wrote:Once you ask people to post these lists in a ranked fashion, the assumption is that they find the three people on their list scummy. There is a difference between suspicious and scummy, which you apparently don't understand. Then, once these lists are posted, it is extremely simple for people to make accusations and draw connections between two people based on Day 1 suspicions.
Perhaps I am misreading this, but it seems like you are saying it is a bad idea to be able to draw connections between the lists. I would have to disagree. These lists, later, after we have some lynches, we can see who was avoiding who, who was possibly bussing, blah blah blah, we've been over these already, I believe. The point is, you are incorrect in the fact that these lists are a bad thing. And you know what, I don't believe I ever posted mine... wtf?

1.Simenon- I really didn't like Simenon's switching to Aimee and then his explanation of his reasoning. I've stated my reasons before, so yeah.

2. GodOfWine- His responses recently have raised him in my scumdar from "no read" to "#2." He is still voting based on the fact that his vote is "doing no harm." Well why not switch it to somewhere where instead of doing nothing, it will do some good? Just a thought.

3. Paradox/pdcakes- It surprised me that they were lower than GodOfWine on my list, but there you go. But I guess they haven't done anything as of late to raise my suspicion, whereas GodOfWine and Simenon have.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:42 am

Post by pdcakes »

kabe: you never gave a reason to why paradox and I are on your list. is it because of your day 1 suspicions?

and GoW: what is with you and gorgon's avatar?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:33 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Sorry pdcakes. Yeah, it was from my first day suspicions, but you haven't done anything scummy as of late, so my suspicion of you two is not very much, I just have you guys as my third highest suspicion list. Maybe now you aren't so much scummy, just IGMEOY.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

I'll post later, sorry about my absence.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

I guess humor is lost on this crowd. Gorgon's avatar is a model of artistic thought.

Right now, I do not feel like my vote can do any more good than sitting where it is. I guess while nothing is happening, I will do a full reread and see if my suspicions change.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:20 am

note to all my games:

going to be a light poster for the next 3-4 days (best man in a wedding) should be back and posting regularly by Sunday/Monday..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay . . .

Deadline in place.

2 weeks from now, I will remove it if activity hots up.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

SirWario, You haven't had much useful input recently.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well, I've been waiting for others to respond to GOW's reaction to my vote, but I'm getting bored now.

Honestly, I'm not sure GOW is scum, or whether his reaction is such an overreaction. The only thing I take issue with is him calling me a moron, which is unwarranted. I kind of see where he's coming from, but I still disagree that listing suspicions is something that one should avoid, because it could be used against you later. In general, anything you say can and will be used against you in this game, but if you're town you shouldn't have to fear this, as you should always have rational explanations for everything you say. If someone comes later in the game and points to some suspicions that you had earlier, it should be simple enough to point out that those suspicions were warranted at the time.

I also admit that the words 'lame and easy' were perhaps not the best ones to use. What I was getting at is that GOW has a pattern of going for what I see as an easy kill, instead of probing deeper. Now, I'm not saying he's bad at this game or lacks intelligence - far from it. It's just that I can easily see this as scummy behaviour - jumping on people for obvious mistakes without delving deeper into the game ... but I concede that it doesn't really prove anything on its own.

With regards to my avatar, I found it through googling "Gorgon" - I think it's an ancient Greek painting, so it's highly 'cultural', although I'm not sure how tasteful it is, come to think of it. I sure have seen uglier avatars, though.

At this point I'd like to hear more from people who haven't posted in a while, especially Simeon ... I feel that Simeon's vote on GOW was slightly rash and opportunistic, and would like a better explanation for his vote, and why he thinks GOW is likely scum.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by SirWario »

Paradoxombie wrote:SirWario, You haven't had much useful input recently.

Sorry, my internet hasn't been working. Its back, so I'll strive to post religiously from here on out. Anyway, all posts have been lagging recently.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:09 am

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:SirWario, You haven't had much useful input recently.
Nor has Simenon
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:21 am

Post by pdcakes »

im still here guys. there just isnt a lot to discuss right now.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am

Post by ryan »

pdcakes wrote:im still here guys. there just isnt a lot to discuss right now.
So you still believe that Para is the best lynch today than?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:06 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I want Simenon to post, in case anyone is wondering about my opinion. I would vote, but I can't!!! Bah! I still don't think he has adequately defended himself.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”