Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ChocolateAttack wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:He presents a case that shows you to be scum and then says he thinks you are protown.
When did i presented a case that show TylerJ was scum and when did i thought he was protown?
I am NOT going to rehash this stuff again. This is what stalls games, talking in circles. Just accept that you and I clearly don't agree and we'll drop it. If I think you are scummy enough to vote for you later in the game, we can rehash it then. I am tired of going in circles right now.
Permanent V/LA.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by thinktank »

ryan wrote:Ok if TylerJ is a newbie WHO are the scum?
I'm assuming you're being sarcastc because of the caps (pls dont everyone give me a DUH response). If Tyler isn't scum there is the odd chance that Tyler and Mos are scum as some one brought up cause MoS attacked ryan pretty hard and now seems to have backed off but thats hardly convicting evidence, more speculation. Chocolate attack could be scum, btw i realize you gave reason for switching vote but my point was that you've switched votes like 2 or 3 times and at times they wre almost as quick as Tyler's hammer. So if we're gonna condemn Tyler for his hammer, then isnt just as logical to be suspicious of chocolate attack?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by ryan »

No I really want to know who you believe to be scum. I'd like to see some sort of stance by you on who's scum (in your opinion)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:13 pm

When did Tyler hammer? It's still Day 1...
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:07 am

Post by ryan »

FoS: thinktank.

I'm not 100% sure where this TylerJ hammer came down (we're all still alive buddy) Are you predicting future events for your scumbuddy possibly? Is TylerJ going to be the one that hammers one of us townies?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:45 am

Post by TylerJ »

by hammer, he means I agressively went after you ryan.

Thinktank, I know thinks have gone in circles, but if you had kept up, then perhaps we would have gotten off of that sooner or later. But I am glad you are still participating.

CA, this is a pride issue, consequently it is irrelevant to this game. But anyway, where was I illogical?
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:48 am

Post by ryan »

Putting pressure makes a heck of alot more sense than saying you hammered me. Hammering=a deciding vote that lynches somebody.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am

Post by thinktank »

ok im sry. I hadnt realized i used the word incorrectly, i believed hammer referred to someone who quickvotes someone. A while ago someone wagoned Fernando and i believe Tyler was very quick to follow suit. That is what i thought your condition was for wagoning him. Sry i misued the term.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:26 am

Post by DeathSauce »

MOD
Could we get a vote count?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 am

Post by TylerJ »

I wagoned fernando?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:51 am

Setael wagoned fernando
Permanent V/LA.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by thinktank »

i need to work on my communcation skills.... i mean because Tyler was so quick to vote for Fernando is why i believed Mos and Ryan were wagoning Tyler.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:40 pm

No, we are voting Tyler for his attack on ryan.
Permanent V/LA.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:57 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

TylerJ wrote: CA, this is a pride issue, consequently it is irrelevant to this game. But anyway, where was I illogical?
Not so illogical, more like weak reasoning. You'll get it after awhile. I was terrible at some of my first games and i got lynch so i know how it goes.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:00 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

how many people are still active in this game? i only see tylerj, mos, ryan.

Fos: All the people that lay low right now

This game sux, we goin in circle and i have a feeling that all 3 tylerj, mos and ryan are not scum. We need other people to talk. They taking the advantage of tylerj, mos and ryan arguement to lurk.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 am

thinktank is posting.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:24 am

Vampyrus, JDodge, and Setael are the worst offenders.

Vote: JDodge
I've seen him use this tactic as scum before. Unacceptable. Let's get rid of him.
Permanent V/LA.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:27 am

Post by TylerJ »

ChocolateAttack wrote:how many people are still active in this game? i only see tylerj, mos, ryan.

Fos: All the people that lay low right now

This game sux, we goin in circle and i have a feeling that all 3 tylerj, mos and ryan are not scum. We need other people to talk. They taking the advantage of tylerj, mos and ryan arguement to lurk.
lol... I'be been thinking the same thing, well of course I wouldn't say I'm guilty, but that is beside the point. This thing has gone in serious circles and hasn't gone anywhere. I am still suspicious of ryan, but not as much as I used too.

So henceforth, I declare my vote for Ryan dead. It will remain, until further notice, an FOS. *stops reading from the kingly scroll of britian*

Unvote: Ryan
FoS: Ryan
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

Sorry I havn't been posting much over the last week, I have been keeping up, but didn't have enough time for long posting and didn't see anything which required immediate input, I'll be making a long post tommorow (hurrah for days off!)
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 am

Post by TylerJ »

been keeping up but never posted to contribute just a little. Apparently thats how every lurker plays. First thinktank, now vampyrusddg. Anyone else want to drop in and say hi? Seriously, it is because of the fact that you don't post that you don't have anything to contribute.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by thinktank »

I agree that everyone needs to talk more but lurking DOES NOT mean that someone is scum. the better scum players don't lurk because its TOO easy to hit lurkers. perhaphs MoS has a point about Jdodge s style from other games but there is no way im voting for someone purely because the fact that they're lurking. If they dont talk for a while get em prodded and then replaced. Pressure votes are always good but please don't vote people purely for lurking. I believe it was said earlier in this game day that lurker hunting is more pro scum then it is town because scum will use lurker hunting as a tactic.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Setael »

Sorry this is going to be so long, but after rereading, I think that thinktank is scum, and anyone who rereads him will see what I'm seeing. Bold within his posts is me.
thinktank wrote:Ryan, why did you vote for Fernando considering that Deathsauce seems to have some reason which he is voting for you. Little bit odd that Deathsauce voted for you, yet you didn't even address that fact but voted for Fernando, who was voting to get lnyched the person who was voting to get you lynched. Seems like counterintuitive logic doesnt it?

Woops, i confused chocolate attack with death sauce. Please ignore the last part of my post. But id still like to know why you didnt respond to a lynch vote?
This is obviously still the random voting stage. thinktank seems to be really reaching to try to cast suspicion on someone here.
thinktank wrote:MoS seems suspicious to me. He does not post for a while, then posts only when under the pressure vote and even then his posts say almost nothin except for the fact that hes voting ryan. Seems like lurker behaviour. I understand that Tyler J had similar behaviour but he atleast had a counter argument against the bandwagon.Why did you vote for Ryan, MoS?

FoS: Mastermind of Sin
Once again, grasping.
thinktank wrote:On the one hand, we have a mafia tactic to lurk, but on the other hand its a mafia tactic to hunt lurkers which seems to have divided in to the two voting wagons and im not completely sure which way to go considering both seem to pose interesting aruments.
Feels like he's trying to look like he's posting content without actually posting content.
thinktank wrote:lurkers vs lurker hunting wagon. interesting debate. I doubt mafia would lurk because its pretty obvious so currently the lurker hunting does seem like a scum tactic. However im not convinced as of yet, so im gonna be a bit conservative and wait till things develop a bit further till i make up my mind.
More of the same. Trying to stay off radar and post enough to not be accused of lurking, but not scum hunting at all.
thinktank wrote:
tyler wrote:Fernando doesn't seem suspicious but those who jumped on him do.

It seems that Mafia is rather experienced because they have yet to make a noticeable mistakes. I looked through all of the posts, but nothing has popped up yet.
not necessarily. The assumption that they have yet to make mistakes is based on your conclusion that their playing logically and are also experienced. That doesnt necessarily have to be true. They could just as easily new and playing erraticly. I' think a closer look at the two current camps is necessary at the moment.
Statements like "That doesn't necessarily have to be true" just sound scummy by virtue of how wishy washy and noncommital they are.
thinktank wrote:Well therefore in response to MoS. refer back to my post from before. Therefore we shouldnt necessarily be looking for logical, complex plays. Perhaps we're overlooking plays which we think are so unbelievably simple that it is fooling us townies.
Sounds contrived to look pro-Town. If you think we are overlooking simple scum tells, point some out.
thinktank wrote:I'm glad to see this game is going somewhere /end sarcasm. For the last week, we've just been going in a circle...accusations followed by justification followed by accusations at the opposite party..
If you were pro-Town, you would scum hunt instead of lecturing everyone else's play without doing anything to improve it.
thinktank wrote:glad to see this game is going somewhere...
Not helpful.
thinktank wrote:well, if it helps add to the argument im not less suspicious of any of you even after all these posts.. no one stands out as truly town or truly scummy, just a few people seem equally scummy Sad but too many..
This should be put in the wiki as the example under "wishy washy"
thinktank wrote:unvote: Setael

Way past random voting stage. I think we have our fair share of aggressive players. At this point I'm equally suspicious of everyone.. Whenever a player seems to make an accusation, it gets responded to with more agresive accusations, and all the while no real information is being extracted. 7 pages and all the votes seem to be on different wagons.
Equally suspicious of everyone. Can't get more noncommital than that. Once again criticizing that no "real information is being extracted" and yet thinktank hasn't provided any "real information" all game.
thinktank wrote:MoS makes a good argument vs Ryan. At this point Ryan and Fernando seem the most scummy. Ryan, especially because of the last post, you seem somewhat desperate to point fingers and I don't think that argument was well laid out.
What does everyone else think?

FoS: Ryan
If you think Ryan and Fernando are scummy, tell us why. You say Ryan is desperate to point fingers and his argument isn't well laid out, yet here you are pointing fingers with no argument at all. I also think it's scummy to just throw out "What does everyone else think?" when you've hardly built a case.
thinktank wrote:Fernando hasnt posted anything in like 5 days,

vote: Fernando

pressure votes always get the discussion started. And in response to MoS about people not doing much, there was the one argument which i agreed with you on about Ryan but besides this game has been a lot of fingerpointing back and forth.
Do you call this content? Do you consider this scum hunting?
thinktank wrote:Wouldn't scum also claim to be town because they want to win? So what good is claiming town if everybody can do the same thing? and u can't pick out rolefishing out for a townie role because isnt that what all players except scum try to do for the entirety of the game? I think we need to get Fernando replaced
No content.
whats the vote count now?
No content.
thinktank wrote:I think both Mr.Pigg and Fernando need to be replaced before we finish this day because they havent posted in a while. We don't have sufficient information on their roles to conclude anything safely as of yet, for all we know both of them could be mafia.
Merely pointing out who is lurking. Other than that, no content.
thinktank wrote:Claiming townie has no weight what so ever and i ask that we ignore that as evidence to or not to lynch someone because it is in EVERYONE's best interest to claim townie and there's no way to prove it.
This is one of those things you say when you want to look pro-Town but really aren't.

This has been a failry long day, almost 230 posts and we're still no closer to lynch cause two out of the 9 players are completely inactive and a couple others arent really active or voicing either. We need to get replacements ASAP so that we can get good information before we vote. I know ryan is a lynch-2 so please dont hammer until we get new players or the old players become active.
Constantly pointing out who isn't posting a lot and who is lurking. This does not count as content.
thinktank wrote:It is true that scum tend to stay slightly under the raday than those who stick out however this isn't true most of the time and we cant use this logic whe deciding to lynch.
Ironic, since this is exactly what thinktank has been doing all game.

We lynch based on evidence. An example of this would another game which i was in Game 454, i believe someone else refrenced to it. I understand that it is a newbie game but the mere fact that the scum was so visible to everyone was the reason i decided not to vote for that player and that player turned out to be scum.

As for predicting scum players, im going to hold of as Vampyrus is still new in this game, so more analysis is needed for me decide that. Also another player is to be replaced so at this point is not a viable option imo. We need to hear more from the new players to this game.
thinktank wrote:so what's the votecount?
People seem to be switching votes or casting new ones , hard to keep track. Atleast now we can get the game going considering we have all active players.

I not not sure if i should be suspicious of Ryan or not. he's quite aggressove and gets defensive really fast, but i dont think that's enough reason to lynch him. People are now voting Tyler, whats the core argument against Tyler?
Wishy washiness on Ryan. Doesn't bother to read to find out argument against Tyler.
thinktank wrote:seems like a lot of long posts today...Setael makes a good counter argument against voting her, which is narrowing the barrel down significantly.
In my mind i was thinking, Ryan Setael or Tyler.
If that's the case, why didn't you mention it before? Why have you not presented any suspicion or arguments or a case against any of us?

Setael seems to have made good counter arguments against pretty much everything that was said. Ryan seems less and less likely as the game seems to progress and I don't buy the Ryan's claim about Role hunting.
What has he done to seem less and less scummy? Feels like he just needs something to say, but doesn't really believe any of it.

Please fill me in on my lapse of logic because im fairly new to this but doesnt every one rolehunt in this game, isnt that the point? to find out which player's roles are scum? so how can u hold that against someone?

Back to my original statement, out of the three Tyler is in the lead because he was quick to hammer. However having said that, thats not nearly enough to lynch someone. More importantly, someone please tell me what the fault with my logic about rolehunting is?
Not sure if he doesn't understand what a hammer is or if he's confusing this with another game or what... Once again noncommital with the "that's not nearly enough to lynch someone."
thinktank wrote:I'm sry if me asking for vote counts seems scummy, but I just want to see what everybody's actions are at the current time because in the last few days this game seems to have picked up and wagons seem to be changing, originally was against ryan but then against Setael and Tyler, and now Tyler?
I wouldn't say there has ever been a wagon on me. What are you talking about? Also, this isn't really content. What are you trying to do - clarify the status quo?

The only reason which i see which makes tyler a bit more suspicious than others is a quick hammer, [removed the rest because it's the same thing twice, as well as the next post pointing it out.]
thinktank wrote:I thought i was clear in my last post, guess i wasnt. At this point Tyler seems the most suspicious due to his quick hammer earlier in the game. Im not entirely comvinced that he was rolehunting but it does look bad for him.
The previous post, he had said he didn't think rolehunting would make him look bad.

I was suspicious of Setael but her post countering any attacks has made me quite less suspicious of Setael.
If you were suspicious of me, why did you never mention it?

Besides that no one really seems too scummy, Ryan's style is just the way it is and theres nothing to hold against him besides heavy counterattacks, correct me if im wrong.
So at this point in time i am most suspicious of Tyler but there does not seem enough on him to lynch ( quick hammer and possible role hunting).
Once again with the not suspicious of anyone. Pro-Town players would have some kind of suspicion by now. He's being overly cautious and seems to be obviously avoiding stating his suspicions. Really feels like he has no suspicions because he knows exactly who is scum and who is Town.

Votes MoS without giving a reason.
thinktank wrote:I understand that we criticized Tyler for his quick hammer on Fernando but CA also has been jumping wagons, he jumped on a wagon just as quickly as Tyler did. Also he has not posted much relevant content to give enough feedback on him.
Good excuse to not give an opinion either way.

I would like to hear why he jumped wagons . I understand that he has midterms so it may be a few days before we hear from him.
thinktank wrote:
MoS wrote:Because you're being a flaming douchebag.
lol not to be offensive but anyone else see the irony in that statement?
No content. Trying to get in good with the Town.

I read thread everyday however i dont always have something useful to add.
IMO you've never once added anything useful.

thinktank wrote:This game is getting repetitive , we're in post 368 and its still game 1 and we're still no closer to a lynch. I agree that a vote count is necessaryand something needs to be done to change the flow of this game because it is going nowhere, for example getting all the other players to voice their opinions.
Have you voiced your opinions? Have you done any scum hunting at all? If so, it's cleverly camouflaged behind all these content-less posts.
thinktank wrote:I think at this point it does not seem like ryan is a wagon anymore, correct me if im wrong. Tyler is coming under heavy fire for the hammer and CA also seems "wishy washy". At this point CA and tyler seem the most suspicious
however the evidence against them isnt very much.
I would like to hear someone besides Mos and Ryan take a stance, if you're not ready to vote thats fine but pls inform of who you think is suspicious and why so we can more evidence to lynch because this logic circle is getting all too repetitive.
Ironic that he's calling someone else wishy washy. I really love that he's telling everyone else to say who they're suspicious of, but has cleverly avoided ever doing so himself.
thinktank wrote:I have already stated what I feel has been useful.
There is no reason for me to keep repeating myself and become redundant, everyone can read.
I would actually really appreciate you pointing anything you'd consider useful, because I'm not seeing anything that counts.

Tyler, Mos and Ryan have been engaged in a cyclical logic spin for the last many days, i fail to see what new information i could have contributed other than the statement i made in your defense that i felt your quick hammer was not enough for a lynch. Lurking implies that i am staying beneath the radar, however i have voiced my opinions clearly and stated my suspicions. I fail to see that as lurking.
Again with the hammer. Everyone has their own definition of lurking. I call thinktank's play as "anti-lurking" - posting without ever really giving suspicions or content. He's definitely staying "beneath the radar".
thinktank wrote:
ryan wrote:Ok if TylerJ is a newbie WHO are the scum?
I'm assuming you're being sarcastc because of the caps (pls dont everyone give me a DUH response). If Tyler isn't scum there is
the odd chance
that Tyler and Mos are scum
as some one brought up
cause MoS attacked ryan pretty hard and now seems to have backed off
but thats hardly convicting evidence, more speculation
. Chocolate attack
could be
scum, btw i realize you gave reason for switching vote but my point was that you've switched votes like 2 or 3 times and at times they wre almost as quick as Tyler's hammer. So if we're gonna condemn Tyler for his hammer, then isnt just as logical to be suspicious of chocolate attack?
All the parts I italicized are the scummy, noncommital wishy washy parts.
thinktank wrote:ok im sry. I hadnt realized i used the word incorrectly, i believed hammer referred to someone who quickvotes someone. A while ago someone wagoned Fernando and i believe Tyler was very quick to follow suit. That is what i thought your condition was for wagoning him. Sry i misued the term.
Finally explains why he keeps saying someone hammered. Noteworthy about this post is how apologetic he is. Definitely wanting to stay under the radar - quickly says he's sorry to get out of the spotlight.

thinktank wrote:i need to work on my communcation skills.... i mean because Tyler was so quick to vote for Fernando is why i believed Mos and Ryan were wagoning Tyler.
No content.
thinktank wrote:I agree that everyone needs to talk more but lurking DOES NOT mean that someone is scum. the better scum players don't lurk because its TOO easy to hit lurkers.
True. Inexperienced scum is more likely to post enough to not get called a "lurker" without ever actually posting content.

perhaphs MoS has a point about Jdodge s style from other games but there is no way im voting for someone purely because the fact that they're lurking.
That's understandable. But... what would you say is a good reason for voting someone? Because you still haven't scum hunted at all.

If they dont talk for a while get em prodded and then replaced. Pressure votes are always good but please don't vote people purely for lurking. I believe it was said earlier in this game day that lurker hunting is more pro scum then it is town because scum will use lurker hunting as a tactic.
He's careful to not take credit for this argument - just repeating something someone else said.
Unvote, vote: thinktank
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by TylerJ »

Sorry Setael, but instead of making thinktank look scummy, you made yourself look scummy, most of the stuff I saw felt contrived, made up, like you were fishing for something. Kind of like what scum would do to pretend that they were looking for scum. You did this to me too.

FoS:Setael

The only thing I noticed that was that contrived was the fact that he was staying under the radar pretty well and was wishy-washy. There are a few posts though were he does seem to be looking for scum. You have me thinking based on these points alone, but even some of the examples you used for these were far-fetched.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:26 am

Setael is scum with JDodge. She posted the huge "case" on ThinkTank to distract from my pointing out his lurker tactics.
JDodge wrote:(insert generic "I'll reread later" thing here)
JDodge wrote:
vote: Tyler

Can someone remind me why ryan acting like ryan always does is scummy? Yes, he's a
liability
, but not necessarily scum.

I'll actually reread the posts from before I replaced in later.
Those are his only two posts so far. This is a tactic JDodge has used as scum before. He is actively posting in other games, but not this one. He is scum, and we should lynch him, followed by Setael (if we are right), for the win.

Unvote, Vote: JDodge
Permanent V/LA.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:59 am

Post by TylerJ »

Active in other games, hmm.

still, shouldn't we vote setael and let Jdodge give a defense. After all, Setael could do more damage.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”