Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Blight »

Mariyta wrote:Does anyone else think BM has simply snapped at this point? He used to think somewhat logically, but right now, he just seems out of it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure BM has just snapped.
Battle Mage wrote: Much as you deny it, it was highly hypocritical for you to fight so strongly against the mass-claim, yet when SOMEBODY ELSE showed signs of coming around to your way of thinking, your stance changed.
When you say it like that, yeah, it sounds hypocritical. But, let's add all the facts in there. First off, it wasn't just "somebody else". It was
you
, someone who was pushing for the item claim
until
it came down to you to claim. Then suddenly you started "coming around". On the other hand, Kinetic was against it, and made it clear that he was against it, from the start. But, even so, he still claimed
before
you, so you you can understand his frustration when suddenly
you
, someone who was advocating the mass claiming, decided you didn't want to claim.

There was nothing hypocritical on his part. He was calling
you
out on
your
hypocrisy.

Unvote, Vote: BM

I think I feel most comfortable with my vote on there.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

BM wrote:nice try. Unfortunately you can't disregard the facts that easily here.

Much as you deny it, it was highly hypocritical for you to fight so strongly against the mass-claim, yet when SOMEBODY ELSE showed signs of coming around to your way of thinking, your stance changed.
Ah I get it. What I'm supposed to do when the person fighting against me, pushing the mass claim then chooses not to claim, I should just forget all the people he forced to claim, including myself, and embrace him with open arms. No, you are not just anyone now opposing the mass claim, you are the person behind it, pushing it forward and attacking anyone against it.

I don't agree with Mass Claim, in any of the 20 ways that were pushed forward, but I don't buy this miraculous conversion of yours to the no item claim at such a convenient time. Because if you and MOS weren't pushing the mass claim there wouldn't have BEEN a mass claim. You're the one who can't have it both ways.
BM wrote:Yep, i was (and still am) hoarding items. By that i mean, getting as many items as possible. Again, this is a null tell. EVERYONE in the game should try to get as many items as possible, because scum want to get as many items as they can to prevent the town getting them, and the town should strive to get as many items as they can, to stop the scum getting them. Using that logic as reasoning behind a vote is unbelievably stupid. Razz
I am not a fan of the personally forced WIFOM thinking. You see, you can't think of your own actions as WIFOM as a defense of them. When you decide on doing something, you have a reason. The whole purpose of WIFOM is that there could be multiple thought processes when that process is UNKNOWN.

That being said: Scum have a very good reason to want to horde items. Better than any townie. Therefore, it isn't a null tell.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Kinetic wrote:2) You claimed to be hoarding items. That is really scummy in my opinion. Why would you want so many items that you can't lose? The fact that MOS was doing so as well piqued my interest. Scum trying to get items their friends need and then passing them later? No, you saying that and refusing to claim doesn't fly for me.
Why wouldn't I hoard items? I'm rather suspicious of the people who thought it was in the town's benefit to drop their items where scum can pick them up. I tried to pick up several items
so that scum couldn't get them
. I fail to see how this is scummy. In addition, if I had a hidden agenda behind picking up multiple items, why would I tell you I tried, since I only actually picked up one item. You can argue that I really did forget what items I had, but that debunks the argument that I was stalling my claim on purpose. Can't have it both ways.
While this wasn't directed at you, I'm half-glad you decided to chyme in. You see, I was using you as an example. Now, what I think was happening was that you were attempting to Horde items, but that you didn't intend to claim them all. When people started claiming items you thought you had, you wanted to find out th truth from raj. You then decided to stall, and because you knew we wouldn't believe you unless you told the truth there, you decided it didn't matter since you weren't holding the items. So yes, I can be suspicious of you for
attempting
to horde items, and then not being prepared for your own item claim.

BM wrote:I must ask you honestly-have you been reading the game? because your comments dont seem to tie in with someone who has been following and wants to genuinely portray the facts as they are.
Yet you are completely consistent with someone who is posting with a limited mental capacity.
BM wrote:I think i'd rather be killed myself than kill Kilroy, simply because, once i am dead, hopefully those of you who are protown, will get your arses in gear and start thinking for yourselves. It is often the case that alive, i am a distraction, so please feel free to kill me, IF you are willing to take action against Kinetic when i come up town.
I call this the CKD defense. Read this game to view my thoughts on such a gambit. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5902

CKD basically said the same thing. If you are town, your ACTIONS will speak for you, but you can't act scummy, and then try and get the people who think that you are acting scummy to lynch the person targeting you because they think you are scummy. You might have a case if I was acting scummy, you were acting town and I was attacking you with no logical arguments. But that is not the case.

I still think its funny that you want the town to "think for themselves" and then immediately after you say so you basically want them to listen to you and do exactly what you say. Because we all know "Battle Mage knows best!"
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mariyta wrote:Does anyone else think BM has simply snapped at this point? He used to think somewhat logically, but right now, he just seems out of it.
Appeal to Emotion.

@Kinetic-at least i'm not pushing a mislynch. :p
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Battle Mage wrote:
Appeal to Emotion.

You know Kilroy is a townie, eh scum? But you are trying to push a mislynch of me, but I don't think you meant that.

Unless you mean yourself, but I'm not voting you.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kinetic wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Appeal to Emotion.

You know Kilroy is a townie, eh scum? But you are trying to push a mislynch of me, but I don't think you meant that.

Unless you mean yourself, but I'm not voting you.
So do you think i am scum?
because if not, why have you been pushing a BW on me (irrespective of your vote mind)
Show

Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

Are you mental or something? I would think pushing a bandwagon on someone requires that person to... vote them...

What others see from your actions may be the same things I see, and it may be why they are voting you, but I haven't told anyone to vote you or pushed for your bandwagon (you have like 2 votes, woooo what a bandwagon).

Right now I'm fine with my vote on Kilroy.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:27 am

Post by JDodge »

Unvote, vote: BM

Diescumdie
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

oops i ment for the deadline to be on this sunday. but ill leave it for next sunday.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by tautology »

I think everyone accepted the deadline being tonight, so at least I'd prefer for the game to move on.

As far as my personal scum radar, I'm not liking Roland, but I'm still satisfied with my vote on Kinetic. Nothing he's said recently has convinced me of his innocence.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i dont want some people to be mislead if they read the title of the thread. if the town agrees with you and also wants the game to move on then you all can lynch someone before the deadline.
Show

raj's to do list:

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

tautology wrote:I think everyone accepted the deadline being tonight, so at least I'd prefer for the game to move on.

As far as my personal scum radar, I'm not liking Roland, but I'm still satisfied with my vote on Kinetic. Nothing he's said recently has convinced me of his innocence.
This reminds why I thought you were scummy originally. Like you've not posted for yonks yet your well aware of things going on aka the deadline being today, however your looking to cast suspicion on players that have been replaced which to me shows your just praying for deadline to hit, maybe you should take the time to catch up eh. And maybe I should have another close re-read of you.

I'm happy with an extension.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Raj, I'm afraid there might not be enough of the town around to notice the deadline change. Maybe move it to mid-week would be fine if its an issue though.
tautology
tautology
Townie
tautology
Townie
Townie

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by tautology »

Whoops, I totally meant Kilroy there, not Roland. I got it backwards which was the lurker and which was the liar while reskimming the thread.

Theo, I feel like I haven't had anything to contribute for many pages, but I've been trying to keep up with the game. Yes, I am hoping for the deadline to hit because the game has been spinning its wheels for a while and just getting the claim to finish was an ordeal. How many more replacements will we need before next Sunday?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Nothing at all on the last ten or so pages worth commenting on?
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

damn it kinetic, read my posts. i said that i wont move it to this sunday.
Show

raj's to do list:

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Kinetic »

NEVER! :P
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

your tempting me...

i will mod kill you if you tempt me.

i was given master keys to my dorm this weekend. i abused the power and let my self on the girl's floor and roland's room. i will abuse my power here.
Show

raj's to do list:

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Kinetic wrote:I don't agree with Mass Claim, in any of the 20 ways that were pushed forward, but I don't buy this miraculous conversion of yours to the no item claim at such a convenient time. Because if you and MOS weren't pushing the mass claim there wouldn't have BEEN a mass claim. You're the one who can't have it both ways.
Check your facts. I won't do the work for you.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Kinetic wrote:2) You claimed to be hoarding items. That is really scummy in my opinion. Why would you want so many items that you can't lose? The fact that MOS was doing so as well piqued my interest. Scum trying to get items their friends need and then passing them later? No, you saying that and refusing to claim doesn't fly for me.
Why wouldn't I hoard items? I'm rather suspicious of the people who thought it was in the town's benefit to drop their items where scum can pick them up. I tried to pick up several items
so that scum couldn't get them
. I fail to see how this is scummy. In addition, if I had a hidden agenda behind picking up multiple items, why would I tell you I tried, since I only actually picked up one item. You can argue that I really did forget what items I had, but that debunks the argument that I was stalling my claim on purpose. Can't have it both ways.
While this wasn't directed at you, I'm half-glad you decided to chyme in. You see, I was using you as an example. Now, what I think was happening was that you were attempting to Horde items, but that you didn't intend to claim them all. When people started claiming items you thought you had, you wanted to find out th truth from raj. You then decided to stall, and because you knew we wouldn't believe you unless you told the truth there, you decided it didn't matter since you weren't holding the items. So yes, I can be suspicious of you for
attempting
to horde items, and then not being prepared for your own item claim.
Again, why would I tell anyone that I was attempting to horde items? You have no way of knowing if I left out some of the items I had. Why would I every say that I was hording items if I had an anti-town motivation for doing so?

I note that you completely neglected to address my argument for protown people to pick up a lot of items. This argument has been given several times and you never voiced a complaint, yet you think I am scum for hording items. I smell an inconsistency.

Yes. He's started doing his quotes backwards again.

Unvote, Vote: Tautology
Your lack of contribution is unacceptable. You look to be actively lurking here. You are clearly watching the thread, since you chimed in to support moving the deadline today, something that would clearly have not been beneficial to the town at this point. I think you were hoping to slip by the rest of the day without being noticed.
Permanent V/LA.
MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by MissMoo »

I'm still happy with my Kilroy vote, since he never quite explained where the extra items came from.
But it occured to me, and I can't find it...didn't someone say K-Scope needed Gummy Bears to make the bear bear. Where did those come from? I feel like I missed whole pages and can't find what I thought I read and now can't find why he was cleared on this...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Gummy Bears? o.O
Permanent V/LA.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Yum.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Jex »

MissMoo wrote:I'm still happy with my Kilroy vote, since he never quite explained where the extra items came from.
But it occured to me, and I can't find it...didn't someone say K-Scope needed Gummy Bears to make the bear bear. Where did those come from? I feel like I missed whole pages and can't find what I thought I read and now can't find why he was cleared on this...
Someone said its a wine made from gummy bears, I don't think it was mentioned that he had to have gummy bears in order to make it though.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:01 am

Post by MissMoo »

Jex wrote:
MissMoo wrote:I'm still happy with my Kilroy vote, since he never quite explained where the extra items came from.
Someone said its a wine made from gummy bears, I don't think it was mentioned that he had to have gummy bears in order to make it though.
OK, no wonder I couldn't find it. I thought I was going nuts. Though I guess I'm more confused now. It's like K-Scope can make something from nothing.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:39 am

Post by Andycyca »

Deadline pushed back? >_<

Fine by me. After a re-reread I don't like BM's reactions, but only reactions are not enough for pointing him as scum. What pisses me is this Kilroy thing that doesn't make sense to me. I will say nothing about anyone else right now before thinking decently.

BTW:
Vote: Kilroy
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scum: Mariyta, Kinetic, AndyCyca
Show