the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:34 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Vote: yes, extend caucus
. The delegate from Benin had his microphone turned off for the Sabbath and has been unable to participate.
Germany: You what? I was badgering China incessantly? As I recall, the person who spoke of China's actions as "his most recent treachery" sprechens sie Deutch. In particular what set off
my
alarm bells re China was that he had refused to enter himself on to the Speakers' List until pushed, despite having two separate Speakers' Lists to join; this when it was his actions in particular that warranted discussion; he attepted to close debate without taking the turn to speak; and this seemed part of a pattern regarding trying to maneuver the Council without his voice being heard. In particular Resolutions 006 and 008 were one resolution expressly resubmitted to the Agenda after the housecleaning claimed it, and then removed immediately before the Council had a chance to see it. This delegate thought he saw a pattern emerging, and wished to question China regarding its elements. If doing so when one sees a pattern is wrong, this delegate humbly requests not to be right.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Well there should be more opportunity for discussion with Benin so
Spain votes for the motion
but will not respond seing as how we are not oficially in caucus at this moment.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:54 pm

Post by mikehart »

Algeria
Votes: In Favor
of extending the caucus period.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:37 am

Post by cuban smoker »

That's 8 votes in favour, so Caucus resumes for 48 hours from this point. All procedures lifted.

Delegate from Benin, I'll overlook your little transgression because it wasn't clear whether we were still in Caucus or not during voting on the motion.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:53 am

Post by Vraak X »

Delegate from Romania, please explain your unwillingness to extend the caucus?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:12 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

China thinks he has explained his actions sufficiently to ensure the delegate from Benin that they were not anti-town in any way, although this delegate has to admit it may have been a bit reckless.

(But I'm representing one of the last remaining communist countries in the world, so I need to be a bit reckless to ensure the World Revolution Marx predicted comes :P
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:50 am

You'll notice, delegate from China, that I haven't been pursuing these issues. I was elaborating on what I had been pursuing at the time. Your responses were a bit weak, I felt, but consistent and sensical enough to allay my suspicion for the time being. I would appreciate, though, if you could post what the texts of your motions were, so we the council could at least see what you judged to no longer be relevant.
I second the United States's wish to understand Romania's motivations in voting against extension of caucus.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:21 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Is there really anyone here who doesen't know? He was opposed to the motion in the first place so why would his opinion be any different in extending the caucus?
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:49 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Vraak X wrote:Delegate from Romania, please explain your unwillingness to extend the caucus?

I feel i have explained well enough why iam doing what i am doing. if you haven't understood, it is becasue you have not been reading my posts. The delgate from the Philipines is scum. we are delaying. We are giving those who wish to destroy the peace are trying to keep, and we are allowing them to do so, by dignifying their pathetic attempts at casuing dissention amongs us. I urge you all to stop the pussyfooting and realize that something must be done to stop the menace that has taken foot hold.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:33 pm

Post by mathcam »

this delegate humbly requests not to be right.
Granted. :)

I stand by my previous statement...it looks to me like you were just trying to earn some cheap innocent points off of China.

Germany
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:41 pm

Why is the Philippines' suspicion of you so unreasonable, Romania? Why have you more right to suspect him than he has to suspect you?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by massive »

The delegate from the Phillipines would like to apologize for his prolonged absence. He has requested transcripts of the past week's events, and will be in his chambers reviewing them until tomorrow.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:06 am

Delegate from Romania, why are you so aggresive and defensive?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:21 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Delegate from Romania, why are you so aggresive and defensive?
Im through ebing defensive. i was defensive whent he Pilipines tried to wipe my people of the face of the planet. Now Im pissed and trying to show you all the danger of allowing the Philpines to continue to influence your decisions.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:34 am

Post by mikehart »

In what manner did the delgate from the Philipines influence our decision making process? If I recollect correctly, the motion submitted my the Philipines was shelved. So, I ask again, in what way has the delgate from the Philipines influenced our decision making?
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:04 am

Post by Dasquian »

Why isn't it possible that the Phillipines is innocent and simply misguided? Why the leap to him being axis?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:22 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

My opinion as of now on the Phillipines vs. Romania argument is simple. It seems like a petty squabble on conflicting opinions. The Phillipines' original attack on Romania, if I remember correctly, was:

1. using its name
2. Having a different view regarding axis and one of the 5 countries w/ veto powers

And now, Romania is attacking Phillipines with:

1. Phillipines gaining too much influence (?)
2. Romania feels Phillipines had a weak argument against it.

It just doesn't seem to be one sided in anyway in terms of scumminess, other than that Romania's are a bit more off of emotions. Some further explanations would be useful, too.
freak with short term memory
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:11 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Pakistan is spinning in circles at the moment. Didn't realize that the parlimentarty procedure isn't in order any more. As for Romania's ideas of the Philipines, I don't quite see any connection that drastic. Please enlighten me!
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:58 pm

Post by Vraak X »

The United States, like the previous delegate from our esteemed nation, is angry and confused at this whole debacle.

Let me quote for you the MUNSCM resolution in which the nuclear strike of Romania was discussed:
Current Resolution

MUNSCM 007: The Romania Referendum

Noting that Romania is trying to protect veto-powered countries;

Also noting that Romania is continuously attempting to cover over the possibility of a veto-powered Axis member;

Also noting Romania's attempts to pass its actions off as actions of the Phillipines;

1. Requires that a nuclear missile attack be directed at Romania

2. Strongly suggests that any nation that vetos this attack be made the target of a nuclear strike to replace the strike intended against Romania.
Now, let me remind all of you delegates on parliamentary procedure. You moved to
shelve
the issue. That means, it must come back. Eventually. If there was not one inkling of reasonable doubt within your minds as to the guilt of Romania, then please do pray tell me, why did you vote to shelve it? Is it not perchance the delegates had a small amount of reasonable doubt emanating from the delegate from Romania, and thus, they voted to pursue the issue later?

If your answer is no, then why hasn't this Council reactivated this MUNSCM proposal and strike it down immediately? Because reasonable doubt still exists.

Delegate from Romania, you are merely exacerbating the conditions for your nation. I have yet to review the millions of pages left behind by the previous delegate's office, but I do know one thing: if you are a member of the Axis of Evil, the Security Council will
NOT
sanction you breathing a sigh of relief.

The proposal still exists because the Security Council has a good-faith belief that some doubt exists as to the innocence of Romania. We have seen this "guiltless hands" ploy performed before in the history of oratory and politics, why should this be any different? No country will ever claim that they are an evil force.

Delegates from Romania and the Phillippines, the United States hereby officially would like to note concern for both nations. Especially to the delegate from Romania, if your hostilities cannot be contained within the confines of this Council, then the Council cannot function properly with Romania running on the basis of hostile emotions.

All diplomats, do remember, that you are diplomats within the United Nations Security Council. Your purpose here is to civilly, and logically determine the members of the Axis of Evil. Determining such members does not require outbursts of rage; such is the manner in which we carry ourselves as Ambassadors of our nations. If you are not civilly apt to perform your duties as an ambassador of your nation, then perhaps you should step down and allow for someone else to take your place.

And I say this to the Axis of Evil:

Despite the duration and length of this arduous day, we will not falter, we will not fail in pursuit of finding and destroying your vile cause. Hold your liberty and your freedoms dear, for if you continue to threaten liberty and the pursuit of justice, it will be your nation, not ours of the free world, that will fall to the fate of disaster.

Delegates,

We come before here, as delegates of our nation, because it is our duty to seek the removal of the Axis of Evil with due security. But before us stands a challenge, a fear, that our nation may be the one that is struck down within these halls, and we will find ourselves awake to hear that our families have been blasted away by a nuclear blast.

Yet it is here, in this very room, that lies the sole malefactors that would be the root cause for our impending destruction, the impending destruction that is the Freedom of Mankind. We must not falter, we must not fail.

I do not come here to lament, for in the Security Council, I hold the hope that our nation will not be blasted away off the face of the Earth, in the pursuit to seek the complete annihilation of the free nations of this Earth.

These doors that hold us within these walls are locked, no one shall leave until parliamentary procedure calls for. Let us not be hasty as to call for a strike of a nation until we are ensured that all steps, all measures have been taken in order for the Security Council to perform its best.

Think about it. Millions of lives will be suddenly ended by an unpredictable evil. It will be one hundred times worse than what has happened on September 11th. The images of airplanes flying into buildings will pale in comparison to the destruction that will occur in our nations through the course of the night, should those delegates who are responsible for this heinous composition of the Axis of Evil be released.

But they will fail, for the integrity of this Council will sustain itself.

With nightfall, the MABM and the Weapons Inspectors will perform their duties, as well, in their supplementary form to find and faciliate in the removal of the Axis of Evil. But it will be the sole will and determination of this Security Council, to ensure that such an act can be done.

We will meet the call of destruction via terrorism with justice, and we will see that justice is done. Let us take the proper course of action. As long as we are bound by these walls, no nation will have to face the horror of destruction.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:27 am

Vraak X wrote:And I say this to the Axis of Evil:

Despite the duration and length of this arduous day, we will not falter, we will not fail in pursuit of finding and destroying your vile cause. Hold your liberty and your freedoms dear, for if you continue to threaten liberty and the pursuit of justice, it will be your nation, not ours of the free world, that will fall to the fate of disaster.

(...)

We will meet the call of destruction via terrorism with justice, and we will see that justice is done. Let us take the proper course of action. As long as we are bound by these walls, no nation will have to face the horror of destruction.
Delegate of the USA, it just struck me how easily I could've seen that you're from that country by your views. I wish to congratulate you with the excellent representation of your country's views!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:45 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Caucus is over again. Procedures back in place. I will entertain motions to extend caucus, motions to table the shelved resolution, or even better, new resolutions!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:48 am

China
Motions to Ammend the Agenda
, by tabling the shelved resolution, MUNSCH 007
Flying Dutchman