Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:24 am

Post by waar »

50 pounds of bread wrote:So what the crap is simulposting.
I think it's a stupid word to describe when someone replies while you're typing out a reply and the new replies take you by surprise because you didn't preview.
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Saint Freak »

50 pounds of bread wrote:So what the crap is simulposting.
I think it has something to do with you being scum, scummy.

Also, I like this face.
:x
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 am

Post by mcpaltp »

waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
Seriously CKD, what are you thinking? With the new information gleaned from CKD's responses to waar, I think that he is acting scummier that Lazy. I still think that lazy has a tint of scumminess, but CKD is undoubtably overreacting and that seems scummier than a WIFOM 5th maybe-jokevote.

As lame as it sounds, I'm keeping my eye on you, Lazy.

##Unvote:Lazy
##Vote:curiouskarmadog

^^^^^^^^^
50lbs, simulposting is when you post at the same time as someone else. It seems to be a (fairly good) way to explain why your post doesn't include a respose to a post above yours.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:27 am

Post by waar »

Just so you guys know a lot of us are used to default 72 hour deadlines for the entire day and 300 new posts in a game between going to sleep and waking up. Some of you guys are going to have to put on your A game so you can keep up with the rest of us. You could say I, and some others who have joined this game, are eXtreme Mafia players. Just a fair warning.
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 am

Post by schismatized »

waar wrote:Just so you guys know a lot of us are used to default 72 hour deadlines for the entire day and 300 new posts in a game between going to sleep and waking up. Some of you guys are going to have to put on your A game so you can keep up with the rest of us. You could say I, and some others who have joined this game, are eXtreme Mafia players. Just a fair warning.
psyche! your way of playing sucks.
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:31 am

Post by mcpaltp »

waar wrote:Just so you guys know a lot of us are used to default 72 hour deadlines for the entire day and 300 new posts in a game between going to sleep and waking up. Some of you guys are going to have to put on your A game so you can keep up with the rest of us. You could say I, and some others who have joined this game, are eXtreme Mafia players. Just a fair warning.
I try to be extreme, but I can never get my face to look mean enough. :oops:
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Saint Freak »

schismatized wrote: psyche! your way of playing sucks.
They breed us in tanks and force us to watch that Princess Bride movie over and over again. If we fail them they lynch one of our loved ones in real life :(
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 am

Post by mcpaltp »

schismatized wrote: psyche! your way of playing sucks.
Why I oughta...

Aw, I can't do it. Hugs?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Unofficial votecount on CKD: 6, -4 to lynch.

Right?
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 am

Post by schismatized »

vote: CKD
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am

Post by WomensRights »

While yes, several of us are from another site and play mafia together on a more or less frequent basis, I do have to say that I'm surprised that we would be accused of talking together outside of the thread. Just because we know each other from another site doesn't mean that we don't know the rules of mafia and we all know that talking outside the thread is clearly forbidden. I think it's rather silly to instantly assume that we're all cheating. And yes, we are used to faster paced games.

That being said though, I do think it's ridiculous to call out any lurkers at this point. The thread's been open for, what, 12 hours or so? Less than that? I know that you guys on MS are used to slower days so I doubt we can even think about calling out lurkers at this point.
Alasdair
Alasdair
Townie
Alasdair
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Alasdair »

WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/water.png[/img]
[color=blue][b]WATER[/b][/color]
[b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8224]THIS IS XYTHAR HE MOVED TO JAPAN TO WATCH ANIME[/url][/b]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:While yes, several of us are from another site and play mafia together on a more or less frequent basis, I do have to say that I'm surprised that we would be accused of talking together outside of the thread. Just because we know each other from another site doesn't mean that we don't know the rules of mafia and we all know that talking outside the thread is clearly forbidden. I think it's rather silly to instantly assume that we're all cheating. And yes, we are used to faster paced games.

That being said though, I do think it's ridiculous to call out any lurkers at this point. The thread's been open for, what, 12 hours or so? Less than that? I know that you guys on MS are used to slower days so I doubt we can even think about calling out lurkers at this point.
Personally I'm just thilled that there's a place with FASTER mafia games. If only somethingawful.com wasn't banned at work. :( The long days non-deadlined days on here suuuuuuuuuck.

And I wasnt accusing you of that, as I clarified.
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Saint Freak »

Someone sum up the case against CKD in like, 4 bullet points. I don't have time to read all of this.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:05 am

Post by waar »

Saint Freak wrote:Someone sum up the case against CKD in like, 4 bullet points. I don't have time to read all of this.
  • Ridiculous overreaction to an early joke vote.
  • Defensive throughout the entire thread about this overreaction.
So far it's the best lead we have.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, BM, see what you have caused?
wow. its a sad day when i cant go through with a BW on CKD, because there isnt any case whatsoever. Its an even sadder day when the only time people listen to me is when i don't actually care. lol.

Unvote

will look for opportunists tomorrow.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am

Post by garbagetree »

WomensRights wrote:While yes, several of us are from another site and play mafia together on a more or less frequent basis, I do have to say that I'm surprised that we would be accused of talking together outside of the thread. Just because we know each other from another site doesn't mean that we don't know the rules of mafia and we all know that talking outside the thread is clearly forbidden. I think it's rather silly to instantly assume that we're all cheating. And yes, we are used to faster paced games.

Yeah, the calling out lurkers before it's been a full day is nuts. Though is there a way to find post counts here?
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Saint Freak »

waar wrote:
Saint Freak wrote:Someone sum up the case against CKD in like, 4 bullet points. I don't have time to read all of this.
  • Ridiculous overreaction to an early joke vote.
  • Defensive throughout the entire thread about this overreaction.
So far it's the best lead we have.
Eh, a two bullet pointer is hardly worth my vote, but waar must be town as per T/D so I suppose I should follow him.

Unvote: WomensRights
Vote: CKD
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am

Post by waar »

Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, BM, see what you have caused?
wow. its a sad day when i cant go through with a BW on CKD, because there isnt any case whatsoever. Its an even sadder day when the only time people listen to me is when i don't actually care. lol.

will look for opportunists tomorrow.
Just a friendly request. Could you try to make your posts more readable? Use proper capitalization and punctuation, it's a sign of respect for your fellow Mafia players. Not all of us want to feel like we're reading an AOL chat room when we are reading a forum.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 am

Post by garbagetree »

waar wrote:Just a friendly request. Could you try to make your posts more readable? Use proper capitalization and punctuation, it's a sign of respect for your fellow Mafia players. Not all of us want to feel like we're reading an AOL chat room when we are reading a forum.
How often is AOL speak used on the IRC? I don't hang out there as much I should/want to.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Alasdair wrote:
WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by garbagetree »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
They must be scum together.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by waar »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
K?
I don't think he was serious bro
50 pounds of bread
50 pounds of bread
Townie
50 pounds of bread
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:16 am

Post by 50 pounds of bread »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
K?
My broken sarcasm detector, detector is going CRAZY!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
for the love of God, how was it an over reaction?

I said..

"now that just hurts BM..." (you are telling me this was serious?)

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new? (you are telling me this is serious?)

are we going to start bumping heads again?(you are telling me this is serious?)

Where is the over reaction in this post? You said that I thought BM's reasoning sucked and you agreed it sucked. You see my interaction with you? This is serious...you see a difference?

My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"

but he wont back down..he wants to push a vote on someone because of an over reaction that wasnt even there.

Now he is saying I am being overly defensive....NO, I am being offensive

When I see something scummy, I jump on it. When someone votes me (passed the random stage) for a crappy reason and refuses to admit they might be wrong...I jump on it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”