Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Saint Freak »

CKD, truth or dare?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:*snip* And clearly there's a sub-group in here of people who already know each other and may even be talking to each other on Ventrilo.*snip*
ChronX, I read this and thought he was saying that we (SA fieldtrip) were talking about the game (like sharing roles, mason-y stuff) on Ventrillo. I got a litte bristly and said that we weren't doing gamebreaking stuff, he clarified that that wasn't what he ment, I was cool, he was cool, we all were cool.

Let's be cool? :hugs?:

And yeah, the lurking call-out was way too soon, I just got too excited by meeting new people and seeing if they are scummy. Sorry lurkers. :wink: I'll get you boys/girls later.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by WomensRights »

ChronX wrote: You were also way too defensive of the non-accusation by Cicero. He never said anyone was talking about the game outside of the thread; to paraphrase, he was simply suggesting that you all who know each other from SA have advanced meta knowledge of each other, just like those of us who play here do of CKD. You'll notice the CKD bandwagon is primarily composed of the newer players and probably others who don't know his playstyle.
To be fair I have good reason to be defensive. The last thing I want is for you guys to think that we're invading your board just to fuck with your game and not play this thing through properly. We came here on a field trip to see how it's done on your end and I promise you no one (except maybe Alasdair because god knows what goes through his head) is here to mess with the rules.

But let's look at who voted for CKD: Battle Mage, Tarhalindur, Lazy, 50 pounds of bread, Waar, Saint Freak, mcpoddjfojfdl

4 of those are from SA. 3 are from this board. Now, I know that the SA players aren't new, not sure about the folks from your team. Although I do freely admit that probably none of us know anyone's playstyle from here.
I sense distancing. I think starting a BW on Wmnrts is the right move; Waar, in addition to being scummy, is demonstrating that he will be the Village Pompous Idiot so he can be counted on to expose himself further, later.
You're silly. How can there be "distancing" when it's not like waar and I were "Yeah buddy let's get him!" and then we started pulling apart with the so called "forced" arguing. I thought he was nitpicking. I thought his unvote looked weird. I called him out on both.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

I count 5 people from SA. I was there before here, even though I'm pretty new on both forums. I have a different username on SA, :shh:. I was in Sakespeare, but not for very long.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by garbagetree »

mcpaltp wrote:I count 5 people from SA. I was there before here, even though I'm pretty new on both forums. I have a different username on SA, :shh:. I was in Sakespeare, but not for very long.
Mr. Trewe?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Yup, that's me. Now the internet detectives can see my other interests as they know my other screen name. Curses!
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by garbagetree »

mcpaltp wrote:Yup, that's me. Now the internet detectives can see my other interests as they know my other screen name. Curses!
You need to (when you get off probation) send me a PM for your character in marvel vs. DC mafia so I can write the flavor.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Yeah, sorry about that, I will asap. Hey, could I just PM you here? I'm probated until 10 this evening, and I would be unable to get in contact with you until tomorrow. PM on mafiascum here if you are cool with this so we can avoid spamming this thread more.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by ChronX »

WomensRights wrote:
ChronX wrote: You were also way too defensive of the non-accusation by Cicero. He never said anyone was talking about the game outside of the thread; to paraphrase, he was simply suggesting that you all who know each other from SA have advanced meta knowledge of each other, just like those of us who play here do of CKD. You'll notice the CKD bandwagon is primarily composed of the newer players and probably others who don't know his playstyle.
To be fair I have good reason to be defensive. The last thing I want is for you guys to think that we're invading your board just to fuck with your game and not play this thing through properly. We came here on a field trip to see how it's done on your end and I promise you no one (except maybe Alasdair because god knows what goes through his head) is here to mess with the rules.

But let's look at who voted for CKD: Battle Mage, Tarhalindur, Lazy, 50 pounds of bread, Waar, Saint Freak, mcpoddjfojfdl

4 of those are from SA. 3 are from this board. Now, I know that the SA players aren't new, not sure about the folks from your team. Although I do freely admit that probably none of us know anyone's playstyle from here.
I sense distancing. I think starting a BW on Wmnrts is the right move; Waar, in addition to being scummy, is demonstrating that he will be the Village Pompous Idiot so he can be counted on to expose himself further, later.
You're silly. How can there be "distancing" when it's not like waar and I were "Yeah buddy let's get him!" and then we started pulling apart with the so called "forced" arguing. I thought he was nitpicking. I thought his unvote looked weird. I called him out on both.
Do you know how the term distancing is used (here)? Its when 2 scum fight in the thread to look like they couldn't possibly be allies.

This wagon on CKD looks like it was prearranged, not necessarily on CKD but on 1st available target. Waar job is to push the wagon and pick on the wagonee. WR's job is to pick out someone else who then piles into the appealing wagon (Lazy) and call him out. Later fight ensues between the schemers Waar and WR.
Effectively done with MS
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by WomensRights »

ChronX wrote: Do you know how the term distancing is used (here)? Its when 2 scum fight in the thread to look like they couldn't possibly be allies.

This wagon on CKD looks like it was prearranged, not necessarily on CKD but on 1st available target. Waar job is to push the wagon and pick on the wagonee. WR's job is to pick out someone else who then piles into the appealing wagon (Lazy) and call him out. Later fight ensues between the schemers Waar and WR.
You really are being silly right here. A) We're not allowed to talk during the day, at all, so waar and I would have to be pretty damn organized to start something like that. B) I maintain that Lazy's vote on CKD was an excuse to take advantage of a bandwagon and send the first person he could sailing. C) I felt that waar's unvoting looked scummy because it seemed to me like he was bailing on a bandwagon that he knew might turn up as town.
Alasdair
Alasdair
Townie
Alasdair
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Alasdair »

WomensRights wrote: (except maybe Alasdair because god knows what goes through his head) is here to mess with the rules.
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/AlasdairC/water.png[/img]
[color=blue][b]WATER[/b][/color]
[b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8224]THIS IS XYTHAR HE MOVED TO JAPAN TO WATCH ANIME[/url][/b]
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by ChronX »

@ WR: How do you feel about the following:

(1) Everyone who has piled on the CKD wagon since Lazy's vote?
(2) Battle mage's unvote?

Thanks
Effectively done with MS
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Schismatized has asked for replacement, the first person on my list has been asked.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Ok, I've looked through the thread and I didn't think CKD was being scummy. It more felt like someone deliberately misinterpreted a joke, said it was overreacting, forcing CKD to explain and
then
making a case out of the fact that he defended against the overreaction case. So I decided to look back through the thread and vote the one who started the whole crap. That's BM and waar. BM placed the initial vote and thus has at least
some
reason to say CKD overreacted, but waar seemed just to have looked back through the thread looking for a nice target.

FoS: BM
unvote vote: waar

I'm going to look at the whole thing better to determine whether perhaps BM should get my vote once I got more time, but for now waar has been persueing the thing harder and I'm happy with this vote.
Saint Freak wrote:Women do not exist on the interwebs. Lynch all liars.
Saint, meet MeMe.
V/LA until finals are over.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount -

Curiouskarmadog (7) - Tarhalindur, Alasdair, Schismatized (being replaced), Lazy, 50 pounds of bread, mcpaltp, Saint Freak
Waar (2) - Curiouskarmadog, Garnasha
WomensRights (2) - Porochaz, ChronX
Lazy (1) - WomensRights
Garnasha (1) - Peers

Not voting - Skitzer, Battle Mage, garbagetree, Waar, Cicero, Aimee

Aimee is being prodded as she is yet to post.
Schismatized is being replaced, I've PM'd the first guy in the list, if he doesn't respond within 24 hours I'll move on to the next.

Seperately I'm pretty much amazed at the speed of things so far, but I'm pretty happy about it, I'm also considering shortening the already deadlined day as we've had 200 posts in a day, thoughts?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

waar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, BM, see what you have caused?
wow. its a sad day when i cant go through with a BW on CKD, because there isnt any case whatsoever. Its an even sadder day when the only time people listen to me is when i don't actually care. lol.

will look for opportunists tomorrow.
Just a friendly request. Could you try to make your posts more readable? Use proper capitalization and punctuation, it's a sign of respect for your fellow Mafia players. Not all of us want to feel like we're reading an AOL chat room when we are reading a forum.
I'll tell you what. I'll use proper grammar and capitalisation, as soon as you quit looking like the most obvious scumbag ever, and desist from relentless and foolish bandwagonning. :p

FoS: Desisted and Saint Freak for incredibly scummy BW votes

HoS: Garnasha
for clearly misconstruing the facts in order to detract suspicion from the majority of the BWers.

Vote: Waar
worthy of some pressure methinks.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:15 am

Post by Aimee »

Um, wow?

First off: Heads up - this weekend I have limited access, so if I don't post much, that's why.

Second off: Womensrights! Yay! Let's rock this joint together!!!! (Also: who is scum?)

Third: The activity here could be waaaaay too much. But I'll try to keep up.

Fourth: CKD, you just overreacted.
FoS: CKD

Fifth: Garnasha, please explain your waar vote.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

Garnasha wrote:Ok, I've looked through the thread and I didn't think CKD was being scummy. It more felt like someone deliberately misinterpreted a joke, said it was overreacting, forcing CKD to explain and
then
making a case out of the fact that he defended against the overreaction case. So I decided to look back through the thread and vote the one who started the whole crap. That's BM and waar. BM placed the initial vote and thus has at least
some
reason to say CKD overreacted, but waar seemed just to have looked back through the thread looking for a nice target.

FoS: BM
unvote vote: waar
Agreed, also his thing about spelling and grammer is OTT and distracts from the main point, people spell bad, this is Mafia not an English lesson. His reaction to CKD's "over reaction" seems forced, therefore

unvote vote:waar

Aimee wrote:Fifth: Garnasha, please explain your waar vote
He did. Look at quote above.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

Also the truth or dare thing is really bugging and unnessacery (I know its the wrong spelling), it doesn't get us anywhere.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

theopor_COD wrote:

Seperately I'm pretty much amazed at the speed of things so far, but I'm pretty happy about it, I'm also considering shortening the already deadlined day as we've had 200 posts in a day, thoughts?
Most of these posts have been random though... and whilst we have 4/5 people here that are very talkative it doesn't seem fair for the people who are only on for a couple of minutes a day

vote: keep deadline as is

sorry for the triple post.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Aimee wrote:Um, wow?

First off: Heads up - this weekend I have limited access, so if I don't post much, that's why.

Second off: Womensrights! Yay! Let's rock this joint together!!!! (Also: who is scum?)

Third: The activity here could be waaaaay too much. But I'll try to keep up.

Fourth: CKD, you just overreacted.
FoS: CKD

Fifth: Garnasha, please explain your waar vote.
if you could aimee, please quote my initial over reaction...and explain how it was an over reaction.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:48 am

Post by WomensRights »

ChronX wrote:@ WR: How do you feel about the following:

(1) Everyone who has piled on the CKD wagon since Lazy's vote?
It's very concerning to me, though now I feel that the tide is turning to someone who has actually been acting suspicious. I personally never found CKD to be all that scummy...he did overreact slightly but it wasn't really worth 5 votes, let alone the, what, 6 he got up to? 7? More?

Although to be fair, the people who piled on after Lazy's vote came while CKD and waar were arguing over the semantics behing the word "over-react" and the two of them going back and forth on the same issues again and again. It seems to me that whenever that happens people seem to vote on one or the other party due to wanting the argument to just be over with.
(2) Battle mage's unvote?
I don't think BM intended his vote to be piled on to like that and I think he unvoted to try to put a stop to the bandwagon. Seems to have worked. We'll see what happens.

And Aimee...hell yeah let's show these stinky boys how it's done.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Garnasha »

Battle Mage wrote:
HoS: Garnasha
for clearly misconstruing the facts in order to detract suspicion from the majority of the BWers.
With this, you raised my suspicion several notches. Do I hear you attacking me for attacking waar? And then you go on voting him. I'm smelling a form of public transport here.

About the "facts": I didn't give that many, just that you were the first one to say something was overreacting, waar was the second one, and waar has been after CKD ever since. So I voted the one who really got the BW going, that being waar.
Plus waar reacted slow, posting something else before commenting on the "overreaction". My thoughts: he read what CKD said, posted something else, after that he went looking for people he could make a case against, and decided on CKD. If he really thought it that suspcious he'd have reacted instantly.

You say I twisted something about you and waar being the first ones to vote CKD? You say I twisted something in saying waar was persueing the subject more than you did? You say you really think CKD was acting real scummy? You say there was no case made out of CKD's defence against the overreaction stuff?

Man I wish I had two votes, I think I've found a scumpair.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Garnasha »

Hmm, WR, that's one explanation about the unvote. The other is that she didn't want to be on the lynch.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Garnasha »

Or didn't want a BW started by her to succeed, sorry for triple post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”