Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:32 am

Post by WomensRights »

Garnasha wrote:Hmm, WR, that's one explanation about the unvote. The other is that she didn't want to be on the lynch.
Entirely possible. I just saw the play between CKD and BM as more of a revenge vote for a previous game or something like that, not as anything seriously intended to get a bandwagon going on an actual vote.

Of course I could be terribly wrong and BM is trying to bail from what she suspects to be a townie lynch so as not to incriminate herself. I have the worst scumdar known to mankind. But I'm just not getting much of a vibe from either CKD or BM.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:34 am

Post by ChronX »

WR, thank you for answering my questions. Your answers are also reasonable.

unvote indeed unFOS

The thing about the CKD wagon is, BM and CKD and I were all just in a game which ended sort of badly for the town, in part because of a serious blowup between CKD and BM. I took their early interaction to be banter to establish that there was no carryover grudge and nothing else; I made a pretty sizable blunder in that game as well and could just as easily have been one of the banterers.

I very much agree with garnasha's rationale in post 188 for his vote on waar, he says it more succintly than I managed to last night.

Vote: Waar
for reasons posted in #174 (my post where I FoS him)

Aimee, 5th comment in post 191, how could you miss Garnasha's rationale for voting Waar? He is incredibly detailed in his paragraphs about how he arrives at that conclusion, in the same post he votes. Coupled that with your FoS of CKD, it looks like you are trying to revive Waar's case and protect Waar.

FoS Aimee
@ Mod: Fully more than half the population ISN'T posting heartily, and one site vet already cracked under the pace, it seems. Please leave deadline as-is, our regular players are not comfortable with speed lynches. Thanks
Effectively done with MS
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm fine with the deadline, I'm just pretty much taken aback by the amount of posts. The deadlines were put in place to not have 60 pages per day, but I'm here for you guys whatever you prefer. Deadline remains the same.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:40 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

not that I am defending Aimee...currently I am in several games with her. She comes in, reads a page or two, then makes a comment. Problem is we have 9 pages. That is why i asked her to quote where my inital over reaction was and why she deemed it as such, versus regurgitating the thoguht of the hour. Like other games, I doubt she is really following this one closely.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Garnasha »

Aimee, if CKD is right about that, please ask to be replaced.
V/LA until finals are over.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Peers »

I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:39 am

Post by WomensRights »

Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
I'm pretty sure we ARE out of the random phase of things.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be
much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
Comments on the CKD wagon?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:47 am

Post by mcpaltp »

WomensRights wrote:
Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
I'm pretty sure we ARE out of the random phase of things.
Jumping on the "not in random phase anymore" bandwagon.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:48 am

Tarhalindur wrote:
Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be
much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
Comments on the CKD wagon?
Tar, surely if you are asking someone for comments on my wagon you will also provide your own...9 pages in the page and your only comments have been.
Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
Tarhalindur wrote:
Vote: CKD

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I thought that I had either unvoted or upgraded my vote from a random vote at some point, with explanation. Clearly I was wrong.

Unvote
for now while I look over the wagon.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:07 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Lazy wrote:
Vote: 50 pounds of bread

Should be 23kg of bread.
you would like that wouldnt you?

unvote 50
vote Lazy
Hey CKD - What did this mean in the first place? I never got the joke.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:19 am

different ways of weighing bread, KG versus lbs..cultural (poke) joke vote, metric vs. english..

2.2lbs = 1kg

I was feeling oppressed again.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:37 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:different ways of weighing bread, KG versus lbs..cultural (poke) joke vote, metric vs. english..

2.2lbs = 1kg

I was feeling oppressed again.

Gotcha. I knew all of that but wanted to clarify that it was an us vs. them foreigner joke.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:23 am

Post by waar »

Garnasha wrote:waar seemed just to have looked back through the thread looking for a nice target.
No, I saw who I found the scummiest, explained my case, and voted. That's not scummy.
Battle Mage wrote:relentless and foolish bandwagonning. :p
It wasn't a bandwagon, I was the 3rd vote on curiouskarmadog and I unvoted when he got to 7 votes. That is by no means a bandwagon, and if that is your only reason for voting for me then there are much, much better targets.
Porochaz wrote:His reaction to CKD's "over reaction" seems forced, therefore
Hey he was the scummiest at the time so I stated my reason and voted for him. You should be thanking me for stabbing the retarded joke vote phase in the heart. I'm sorry if my reaction to curiouskarmadog seems forced, I don't know how to defend myself against that.
Garnasha wrote:So I voted the one who really got the BW going, that being waar.
You can't blame the first few people for a bandwagon, they don't control how other people vote. That's just ridiculous.
ChronX wrote: I very much agree with garnasha's rationale in post 188 for his vote on waar, he says it more succintly than I managed to last night.

Vote: Waar
for reasons posted in #174 (my post where I FoS him)
Is there a reason you aren't stating your case with the vote and just telling us what number post in the thread your reasoning is, without even a link to it? As far as I'm concerned the reason you gave for this vote is "yeah I agree" to somebody else.
Garnasha wrote:If he really thought it that suspcious he'd have reacted instantly.
Does evidence in Mafia have some sort of statute of limitations? I can't use something unless it's been a certain amount of time since it was posted? Noted.

In closing I feel that the votes against me have very weak arguments for the reasons I stated in this post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Do me a favour and don't try to be clever about a topic which you don't comprehend.
Post 188 was a stinker. Of all the people on the BW, you chose to cast suspicion on 2 of the early people who may well not have intended the BW to get so big. My vote on CKD was essentially random, but i wouldnt expect you to understand that. The same was true of my vote on Waar-of the people to join the wagon, i feel he is one of the least likely to be scum, but i'm intrigued to see who the opportunists are who will jump onto this hot wagon aswell.
But now for my first genuine vote of the game.
Unvote, Vote: Garnasha

BM

Garnasha wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
HoS: Garnasha
for clearly misconstruing the facts in order to detract suspicion from the majority of the BWers.
With this, you raised my suspicion several notches. Do I hear you attacking me for attacking waar? And then you go on voting him. I'm smelling a form of public transport here.

About the "facts": I didn't give that many, just that you were the first one to say something was overreacting, waar was the second one, and waar has been after CKD ever since. So I voted the one who really got the BW going, that being waar.
Plus waar reacted slow, posting something else before commenting on the "overreaction". My thoughts: he read what CKD said, posted something else, after that he went looking for people he could make a case against, and decided on CKD. If he really thought it that suspcious he'd have reacted instantly.

You say I twisted something about you and waar being the first ones to vote CKD? You say I twisted something in saying waar was persueing the subject more than you did? You say you really think CKD was acting real scummy? You say there was no case made out of CKD's defence against the overreaction stuff?

Man I wish I had two votes, I think I've found a scumpair.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I havn't seen waar's actions as at all scummy. A little abrasive? Yes. Scummy? No.

He could be playing me like a fiddle, but as of right now, I still see CKD's reactions as way more scummy.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

WomensRights wrote:
Garnasha wrote:Hmm, WR, that's one explanation about the unvote. The other is that she didn't want to be on the lynch.
Entirely possible. I just saw the play between CKD and BM as more of a revenge vote for a previous game or something like that, not as anything seriously intended to get a bandwagon going on an actual vote.

Of course I could be terribly wrong and BM is trying to bail from what she suspects to be a townie lynch so as not to incriminate herself. I have the worst scumdar known to mankind. But I'm just not getting much of a vibe from either CKD or BM.
this is a good post by WR. also @ Aimee and WR-YAY GIRL POWER! :lol:

@Chronx- its ok, i dont think your play was inexcusable in that game. Hopefully you can act as moderator between me and CKD this game, assuming Theo doesnt want to go through that again. lol

@Peers-Same here! I started off in short games that were fairly quick, but in actuality they werent meaty enough for me. As long as the game doesnt grow stale, i'm happy. :)

@Theo-i agree that the deadline should stand atm. If discussion wanes, feel free to cut it short, but atm we are gaining lots of information, and i'm loving it. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mcpaltp wrote:I havn't seen waar's actions as at all scummy. A little abrasive? Yes. Scummy? No.

He could be playing me like a fiddle, but as of right now, I still see CKD's reactions as way more scummy.
would you mind awfully if i asked you to reiterate those dastardly actions by CKD?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:05 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'd love to, but I got off of my lunch and I have loads of work to do. Can I do it later?

For a faster answer, see most of CKD's reponses to waar.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mcpaltp wrote:I'd love to, but I got off of my lunch and I have loads of work to do. Can I do it later?

For a faster answer, see most of CKD's reponses to waar.
If its all the same, i'd rather hear it straight from your mouth.
Nobody answer for him please.
I can wait for you to finish your lunch/work.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 am

Post by ChronX »

BM do you really see the way Waar has pushed and poked at CKD as legit scum hunting?
Effectively done with MS
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ChronX wrote:BM do you really see the way Waar has pushed and poked at CKD as legit scum hunting?
that be a loaded question mi'lord. and yes, i do feel that Waar is not the scummiest vote on the wagon. If i was a meta-gaming man, i'd say that he has alot to learn about the game of Mafia itself, but i dont find his play especially abnormally scummy here.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 am

Post by ChronX »

BM one other quick thing, your post 190, who is "desisted" that you FoS?

Not a big deal, just a paperwork issue.
Effectively done with MS
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:12 am

Post by WomensRights »

Quick question for you guys, as I'm sure that this will be helpful come end game and will prevent us from having to go "On post 348 on page blah blah," how do you link to an individual's post? It will help with quick reference if this game goes up to like a billion pages and will keep us from having to go dig and dig and dig.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”