Mini 518: Underground Mafia, The Nightmare is Over!

oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by oEJo »

//ccoonnffiirrmm
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by oEJo »

Vote: Sudo_Nym cause he's the only one in another game with me.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by oEJo »

Let's try that again.
Vote:Sudo_Nym
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by oEJo »

IMO, the game hasn't moved out of the boring random vote stage. But I'm glad you're taking the first step in progression. Here, I'll help.
Unvote
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:06 am

Post by oEJo »

Sorry for lurking, I just can't seem to provide anything relevant or useful to this game that hasn't been mentioned. I can't seem to get a good read on anyone.

I spose I could try and think of something... Maybe a small analysis on everyone, yes...

Korlash
- You're really hard to read, mate. You provide logical arguments, impenetrable defence. You talk alot. Really could be either way, scum trying to blend in a bit too much, or townie trying to kickstart the game.

CuriousKarmaDog
- Pro-bandwagon. Against staying in the random-voting stage. I like that.

Mexal
- He's away. He misunderstood Sudo_Nym's post, and I wouldn't like a mistake like that to happen again. Probably an honest mistake, slight possibility of scum looking for an opportunity. Possibly both.

Jitsu
- Seems to know what he's talking about. Agree with you fully about the massclaiming thing, however, you seem to be slightly fixated on Korlash.

Miztef
- Wants a fourth vote (49), not so long after a couple of third votes, and forward-moving conversation, contrary to his belief. Miztef votes Korlash a pretty bad reason. He wants to find a candidate for lynching on just the third page (58). Scummy vibes from me.

Jerubbaal
- At the beginning of post 70 you explain why massclaiming is a bad idea. Then you get all snarky with Korlash for doing that. What the hell? Sorry, IMO Korlash is providing reasonable explanations, care to explain exactly where he was "talking in circles?" Nevertheless, those aren't really scumtells.. I think you're town.

oEJo
- Wait.. doh.

Anata112
- Has made about the same amount of contribution I have. Very little. Alas, different people play the game different ways, but just make sure to assert your influence and scumdars every now and again.

Sudo_Nym
- There goes my reasoning for my first vote against you. I think you're townie, based on the fact that you're providing reasonable explanation for most actions taken by you or others. Plus, I like your name.

Jayalay
- All you've done is ask a direct question. Direct questions are good, however, it's already been explained to you that a third vote is nothing to sweat over, more of a town tell than a scum tell.

Abstract Actuary
- No reads. All I've got is some joking about some guy's avatar. One could read into the last sentence of post 79 "
My guess is that there are 3 mafia members and possibly an additional mafia role player, based on the wording in the setup post.
" as coaching some other mafia players. Perhaps he is the "additional mafia role player," his mafia buddies don't know, but it is beneficial that they do? It's a long shot, but it's all I've got.

NabakovNabakov
- Don't believe the modclaim at all. Anyone gonna counterclaim?

Last but not least:

GunslingerKB
- What can I say about someone who has only made a random vote?

Anyone who gets the order of my list receives a cookie.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 am

Post by oEJo »

CKD gets a peanut butter cookie.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:43 am

Post by oEJo »

Not to mention, if you're mafia, you're also a bad pro-scum player. Go figure.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:19 am

Post by oEJo »

jerubbaal wrote:The snarkiness was very probably unnecessary, but I was somewhat in disbelief that he seemed to consider it a novel suggestion that mafia might claim town if we did a massclaim.
I wasn't actually commenting on the snarkiness, I was commenting on the irony - that you did a similar thing in that same post in the opening sentence.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by oEJo »

Mexal, let me point something out.
Sudo_Nym wrote:I can think of a few things that would be more efficient, but they rely on people telling the truth (not something that's likely to happen).
He implies that he has an idea, however, it is moot, because the scumbags are going to lie, and so are the powerroles, because it wouldn't benefit them to tell the truth.

Then we have...
Jitsu wrote:Really? I'd like to know what you've got in mind.
He was called out on it. To NOT say his silly idea right now would obviously be scummy, and he'd be lynched more or less on the spot.

So he explains his mass claim idea, explains WHY it won't work, and why no one is gonna do it... yet... you still think he's suggesting it. He wasn't.

What the hell is your problem? Let it go. Sudo obviously wasn't suggesting a massclaim.

Vote:Mexal
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by oEJo »

I apologise for not posting very much - have been pretty busy with exams. Will post something soon, I promises!
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 am

Post by oEJo »

@Mexal, I can't help but to agree with you.
Unvote.
Townie points from me.
However, I'm not entirely convinced that Sudo_Nym wasn't being sincere, I just... didn't really think of that possibility. I have a terrible conscience and cannot lie very well, and as such, often assume the best in people. You made a pretty good argument

@Sudo_Nym - You know better for next time.

@Jitsu - I don't understand your reasoning behind the whole "Powerroles tend to sit back more" thing. If I were mafia, I would definitely not pick the person who was casting the most attention on themselves. If worst comes to worst, if the power role is going to get lynched, they can claim. We probably have at least doctor and a cop, but of course we can't assume it. I agree with you on 179.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am

Post by oEJo »

GunslingerKB wrote:WOW....fast game....My internet connection at my house went down the night that this went active (ugh) and mafiascum is blocked at my school. This sucks. I posted the other morn at a friends house, and right now I am at my Dads office. I am trying to find ways to post whenever possible until my internet is fixed.

Speculation:

Jitsu: Good analyzing

Mexal: I dont think your scummy, just aggressive as you noted.

Jitsu and Mexal seem to be butting heads a little too much as the thinkers to be mafia together.

Korlash: = the jumpy townie(probably)

Sudo: I dunno......kinda fishy IMO.

Mitzef: Seems scummy, but Im not sure he is.

Vote: Jitsu
I felt earlier on that he may have been trying to act like he was analyzing everything to sort out the scum. But I have a vibe telling me that he is acting. Im not 100% sure of this, but he is one of the few people that haven't been considered the slightest bit scummy, and I kinda feel he has.I figure at this point,
a random lynch on someone that seems scummy would be a good idea. I dont think voting sudo_nym out at this point would really hurt anything either.
(Note: My vote for jitsu isnt really trying to campaign to get him out. I just wanted to state my concern. If nothing else shows up against him, I will probably unvote. )
Wow. Tri-simul post. Nice one, guys.

No no no no no no no.
Okay, this post really isn't sitting well with me.

a) The only way that this makes sense is if he has limited time on his hands. How sure are you that Jitsu is scum. Or Sudo_Nym? You have to be PRETTY BLOODY SURE to want to lynch them. At best, their behaviour must be is anti-town. You say that you're not trying to lynch him, but you insinuate that a "random lynch" on Jitsu would be a good idea. That or Sudo. NO.

2) Your analysis is a little bit wonky, in my opinion. It's very.. non-commital. You seem to be only 50% sure on anything you are saying.

d) I'd like you to rate everyone in the game, from most scummy to least. Or least scummy to most. Or give them a number on a scale of e to pi. Whatever works, just give me some numbers.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 am

Post by oEJo »

Mexal wrote:
oEJo wrote: @Jitsu - I don't understand your reasoning behind the whole "Powerroles tend to sit back more" thing. If I were mafia, I would definitely not pick the person who was casting the most attention on themselves. If worst comes to worst, if the power role is going to get lynched, they can claim. We probably have at least doctor and a cop, but of course we can't assume it. I agree with you on 179.
I don't get this? It seems like you're validating his statement yet claiming you don't understand it.

I understand his idea. It was that "power roles tend to not be aggressive." I should have been more clear - when I said that I didn't understand his reasoning, I meant that I didn't agree with it. Mafia often NK a lurker because a shining light will attract more moths. I made that metaphor up on the spot. Also, mafia will rarely kill someone who is directly attacking them, as it will cast too much suspicion on themselves. This allows the power role to survive longer. Which is good.
quote]
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 am

Post by oEJo »

Oh, bah. Accidentally deleted part of the tag, you get the idea.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 am

Post by oEJo »

Good point. Disaster averted.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 am

Post by oEJo »

Gunslinger, did you even read what I said?
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:19 am

Post by oEJo »

Would you care to provide some insight for those positions? Even just the top 2-3 and the bottom 2-3 are fine.

Also, Jitsu is number 8, but just a few posts ago you wanted to lynch him. What made you change your mind so suddenly?

By the way: I'm assuming it's most to least, as currently your vote is on Sudo.

Have fun with your 360! By the way, thanks for posting some content. I wasn't chastising you for not posting, earlier. I was just stating the reason why I didn't have an analysis on you. Glad you went out of your way to check in.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 am

Post by oEJo »

oEJo wrote:Would you care to provide some insight for those positions? Even just the top 2-3 and the bottom 2-3 are fine.

Also, Jitsu is number 8, but just a few posts ago you wanted to lynch him. What made you change your mind so suddenly?

By the way: I'm assuming it's most to least, as currently your vote is on Sudo.

Have fun with your 360! By the way, thanks for posting some content. I wasn't chastising you for not posting, earlier. I was just stating the reason why I didn't have an analysis on you. Glad you went out of your way to check in.
You'd think I'd learn by now to quote the post I'm referring to. I keep getting ninja'd.
This was in reference to post 195-196.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:50 am

Post by oEJo »

This is... blah. I am basically getting a town read from everyone. Well done, scum.
Just call me EJ.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”