Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Gorrad wrote:
Nightfall wrote:
VOTE: Yamahako
Any reason?
In five out of the six total posts he's made, he's thrown something at someone.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Yamahako wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Guys, stop throwing food NOW.

In case you hadn't noticed (I hadn't until just now), DGB's comments in the signup threads make it pretty clear that this game has a permavote mechanic. Unless I am very much mistaken, not only can we not take back thrown food,
thrown food is not removed at night
. In other words, Skruffs will have at least 10% damage on him FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.

The next person to disregard this warning is helping the scum and needs to die. Understood?
I think this goes against the spirit of the game, and I refuse to go along with it. Any attempt to "lead" the town toward lynches in this manner seems scummy to me.
Flick Peas at Tarhalindur

Its the same as taking notes and noticing the scummy things people say and keeping a count of how scummy you think someone is. You've got your mini-foods to show FoS's, and for full on Votes you've got your big food. If someone is tossing their big food around, mayhaps they would be suspicious - but it would take 100 (I'm guessing) small foods to lynch someone. 100 FOS's is a lot.
I was mistaken about the game mechanics, but this post is scummy as all hell even after my mistake is taken into account.

I don't care about the "spirit of the game". I want the town to win the game, and as far as I can tell, playing in what you claim is the "spirit of the game" is a ticket to a easy scum victory.

Given what I know, I believe that if we use our food in order to show minor suspicions, then there is a strong possibility that we will either be forced to lynch a player that we don't want to lynch due to a shortage of food (or find ourselves unable to lynch at all) or unwittingly lynch a player with a low lynch threshold. Either one of these outcomes is bad for the town.

Your belief that we should show suspicions by throwing food is noteworthy. Your decision to attack me simply because I do not share your views is a scumtell, as is the tone in which you do so.

Vote: Yamahako
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unofficial Vote Count of Love:

Pickemgenius (1) - Tarhalindur
Gorrad (3) - Battle Mage, VitaminR, skitzer
Battle Mage (1) - Gorrad, skitzer
waar (3) - JordanA24, pickemgenius
JordanA24 (1) - Blight
Blight (1) - JordanA24
Shadowlurker (1) - JordanA24
Yamahako (2) - Nightfall, Tarhalindur
User out of ambit.

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 pm

Post by VitaminR »

skitzer wrote:wait, since unofficial votes aren't real, can we cast TWO?

If so,
Unofficial Vote: Battle Mage and Gorrad
. Both you are very against each other, so I only think one is the scum. I won't throw anything yet, because it may be a waste.
False Dilemma.
DrippingGoofball wrote:If someone hits 100, we'll have to call an ambulance... or maybe toss a bucket of water on the kid and send him home... but either way, the player is out!
Blight, your arguments don't hold water. We know 100 is the lynching number. There was nothing particularly dangerous about what happened to SL. It put him 1/10th of the way to a lynch. This like a newbie overreacting to a third vote on page 1, only more so.

Vote: Blight, skitzer
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

VitaminR wrote:
skitzer wrote:wait, since unofficial votes aren't real, can we cast TWO?

If so,
Unofficial Vote: Battle Mage and Gorrad
. Both you are very against each other, so I only think one is the scum. I won't throw anything yet, because it may be a waste.
False Dilemma.
DrippingGoofball wrote:If someone hits 100, we'll have to call an ambulance... or maybe toss a bucket of water on the kid and send him home... but either way, the player is out!
Blight, your arguments don't hold water. We know 100 is the lynching number. There was nothing particularly dangerous about what happened to SL. It put him 1/10th of the way to a lynch. This like a newbie overreacting to a third vote on page 1, only more so.

Vote: Blight, skitzer
the first post wrote:Some of you are more sensitive than others.
As far as I can tell, this means that the number of "votes" to lynch varies per player, with 100 as the maximum amount needed. K?

Unofficial Vote Count of School Spirit:

Pickemgenius (1) - Tarhalindur
Gorrad (3) - Battle Mage, VitaminR, skitzer
Battle Mage (1) - Gorrad, skitzer
waar (3) - JordanA24, pickemgenius
JordanA24 (1) - Blight
Blight (1) - JordanA24, VitaminR
Shadowlurker (1) - JordanA24
Yamahako (2) - Nightfall, Tarhalindur
skitzer (1) - VitaminR
User out of ambit.

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Tarhalindur wrote:
As far as I can tell, this means that the number of "votes" to lynch varies per player, with 100 as the maximum amount needed. K?
I took this as certain things to certain people will do more damage.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

JordanA24 wrote:
Blight wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Blight wrote:
Vote: Jordan

I don't like how a wagon was already started on Lurker so early in the game, especially since these "votes" can't be taken back...and, at the time, we didn't know how much votes someone can take before they have to go home. Actually, we still don't know this.
String Cheese is my smallest item, I highly doubted it would do much damage (and it didn't), so it was more like a random vote, or a random bandwagon. So, voting someone solely based on putting the second vote on a "bandwagon" that was highly unlikely to result in anything near a lynch is pretty weak.
You were the third, and a baby carrot + chocolate chip cookie + string cheese was enough to get Lurker up as high as he is.

And, no, I don't think all three food were enough to get a lynch, but the fact that we can't withdraw the food and we don't know how much it takes for someone to be eliminated (especially at that early stage when we weren't shown the graph) makes it a bad choice.
No, I was second after ckillor, waar was just after me with his cookie.

I think you are overreacting somewhat to what is just a small early game bandwagon. That's all it was. Just 3 items is probably enough to get someone to about 15-20 at most, which is hardly lynch territory, it's nowhere near.

Vote: Blight, Vote: SL
You were third. Your first attempt didn't count.

Also, considering we can't take back our thrown food, ganging up on someone is a lot more dangerous than you're making it out to be. Add to that the fact that we don't know where lynch territory is. It could be when someone reaches 20, 30, 50, 70...we don't know, and we had even less of an idea before the graph was given.

It might be a bit of an overreaction, but, so far, I like my vote best on you.[/quote]

Fair enough, looks like I was 3rd,

I presume that once someone gets to 100, they are lynched, and it's just easier to get some people to 100 than others.

But the fact of the matter is, that it was an early bandwagon, it was an almost harmless early bandwagon, and it was hardly a large bandwagon, 3 items of food. So you're overreacting, you admitted so, and you haven't given any further reason as to why you are voting me, so, your only reasons to vote me are an early bandwagon (which you've admitted is an overreaction) and for arguing against you.

Happy with my vote.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

the first post wrote:Some of you are more sensitive than others.
EBWOP: THIS IS THE PHRASE I WAS REFERRING TO.

P.S NO MORE 5 AM POSTING FOR ME.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

I do not know that we can... eh... how you say... determine that 100 is the limit, non?

We may each have a certain point where we are too dirty.

As for the game as a whole...

Ce n'est pas grave, perhaps... mabye it's... just a food fight?
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Guys, stop throwing food NOW.

In case you hadn't noticed (I hadn't until just now), DGB's comments in the signup threads make it pretty clear that this game has a permavote mechanic. Unless I am very much mistaken, not only can we not take back thrown food,
thrown food is not removed at night
. In other words, Skruffs will have at least 10% damage on him FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.

The next person to disregard this warning is helping the scum and needs to die. Understood?
I think this goes against the spirit of the game, and I refuse to go along with it. Any attempt to "lead" the town toward lynches in this manner seems scummy to me.
Flick Peas at Tarhalindur

Its the same as taking notes and noticing the scummy things people say and keeping a count of how scummy you think someone is. You've got your mini-foods to show FoS's, and for full on Votes you've got your big food. If someone is tossing their big food around, mayhaps they would be suspicious - but it would take 100 (I'm guessing) small foods to lynch someone. 100 FOS's is a lot.
I was mistaken about the game mechanics, but this post is scummy as all hell even after my mistake is taken into account.

I don't care about the "spirit of the game". I want the town to win the game, and as far as I can tell, playing in what you claim is the "spirit of the game" is a ticket to a easy scum victory.

Given what I know, I believe that if we use our food in order to show minor suspicions, then there is a strong possibility that we will either be forced to lynch a player that we don't want to lynch due to a shortage of food (or find ourselves unable to lynch at all) or unwittingly lynch a player with a low lynch threshold. Either one of these outcomes is bad for the town.

Your belief that we should show suspicions by throwing food is noteworthy. Your decision to attack me simply because I do not share your views is a scumtell, as is the tone in which you do so.

Vote: Yamahako
Wow, way to go Mr Defensive. Didn't even stop to look whether the food getting thrown at you was REAL!? :roll:

Vote: Tarhalindur
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Yamahako »

Tarhalindur wrote: I don't care about the "spirit of the game". I want the town to win the game, and as far as I can tell, playing in what you claim is the "spirit of the game" is a ticket to a easy scum victory.
Bah, what's the fun of a
food fight mafia
, if you are going to ignore the mechanics. Enjoying the game > winning or losing imo. Though that doesn't mean I don't want town to win.
Tarhalindur wrote:Given what I know, I believe that if we use our food in order to show minor suspicions, then there is a strong possibility that we will either be forced to lynch a player that we don't want to lynch due to a shortage of food (or find ourselves unable to lynch at all) or unwittingly lynch a player with a low lynch threshold. Either one of these outcomes is bad for the town.
Well, you've already shown that what you know has been historically wrong in this game so far. I couldn't imagine running out of food for a day. I may have been foolish in assuming everyone has 100 of their minor food item (and thus the idea of not being able to complete a lynch was lunacy), but at least SOME people have 100 of a food item (me) and even at the least amount of "damage" that might be enough to kill someone (or my weak food has no power...).
Tarhalindur wrote:Your belief that we should show suspicions by throwing food is noteworthy. Your decision to attack me simply because I do not share your views is a scumtell, as is the tone in which you do so.
I didn't attack you simply because you do not share my views, I attacked you because I think what you're doing is scummy. I said as much in my response. I think its scummy because you're trying to lead the town to act in a specific way that isn't necessarily in their favor. You are basically trying to "control" the game, with the unofficial vote counts and ultimatums. This type of behavior says scum to me in this instance.

As of yet I haven't actually noticed any real effect from my food though, and you see as likely a person to test it out on:

Flick peas at Tarhalindur

Spoon catapult peas at Tarhalindur

Wet Willy a pea into Tarhalindur's ear

Force peas up Tarhalindur's nose

Grenade toss peas at Tarhalindur

Testing > Assumptions. More fun too :-)
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote: I don't care about the "spirit of the game". I want the town to win the game, and as far as I can tell, playing in what you claim is the "spirit of the game" is a ticket to a easy scum victory.
Bah, what's the fun of a
food fight mafia
, if you are going to ignore the mechanics. Enjoying the game > winning or losing imo. Though that doesn't mean I don't want town to win.
Tarhalindur wrote:Given what I know, I believe that if we use our food in order to show minor suspicions, then there is a strong possibility that we will either be forced to lynch a player that we don't want to lynch due to a shortage of food (or find ourselves unable to lynch at all) or unwittingly lynch a player with a low lynch threshold. Either one of these outcomes is bad for the town.
Well, you've already shown that what you know has been historically wrong in this game so far. I couldn't imagine running out of food for a day. I may have been foolish in assuming everyone has 100 of their minor food item (and thus the idea of not being able to complete a lynch was lunacy), but at least SOME people have 100 of a food item (me) and even at the least amount of "damage" that might be enough to kill someone (or my weak food has no power...).
Tarhalindur wrote:Your belief that we should show suspicions by throwing food is noteworthy. Your decision to attack me simply because I do not share your views is a scumtell, as is the tone in which you do so.
I didn't attack you simply because you do not share my views, I attacked you because I think what you're doing is scummy. I said as much in my response. I think its scummy because you're trying to lead the town to act in a specific way that isn't necessarily in their favor. You are basically trying to "control" the game, with the unofficial vote counts and ultimatums. This type of behavior says scum to me in this instance.

As of yet I haven't actually noticed any real effect from my food though, and you see as likely a person to test it out on:

Flick peas at Tarhalindur

Spoon catapult peas at Tarhalindur

Wet Willy a pea into Tarhalindur's ear

Force peas up Tarhalindur's nose

Grenade toss peas at Tarhalindur

Testing > Assumptions. More fun too :-)
Yeh, a good aspect of this game is testing for reactions. Like with MAD, you dont know the consequences of someones action immediately, and you can potentiall trap scum. I think Tar got caught with his pants down. :o
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Blight »

Catapults a spoonful of mashed potatoes into Yamahako's face.
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 am

Post by JDodge »

Smashes a bottle of 7-up over Yamahako's head
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Gods, ok, this is a bandwagon with votes that DO count! Seriously, Bandwagoning = BAD! Yamahako's food flinging is scummy to me too, but that doesn't warrant a bandwagon!

*sigh* at least this will shed some light on the mechanics.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Gorrad wrote:Gods, ok, this is a bandwagon with votes that DO count! Seriously, Bandwagoning = BAD! Yamahako's food flinging is scummy to me too, but that doesn't warrant a bandwagon!
aren't we supposed to be trying to wagon scummy players????

i mean i get that the damage is irrevocable (sp?), but the goal is to try and lynch scum still...
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Yamahako »

JDodge wrote:
I have a reason, and you still break out the big food? Interesting...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

Yamahako wrote:
JDodge wrote:
It's more about you assaulting someone viciously with the only reasoning being you "testing".
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Yamahako »

JDodge wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
JDodge wrote:
It's more about you assaulting someone viciously with the only reasoning being you "testing".
Did you not read the REST of the post?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

pickemgenius wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Gods, ok, this is a bandwagon with votes that DO count! Seriously, Bandwagoning = BAD! Yamahako's food flinging is scummy to me too, but that doesn't warrant a bandwagon!
aren't we supposed to be trying to wagon scummy players????

i mean i get that the damage is irrevocable (sp?), but the goal is to try and lynch scum still...
Lynch, yes, wagon NO! If you're gonna throw something, throw it, but give a reason! Otherwise scum can throw all their food one one person, give no explanation, and have no one question their motives. Even if you aren't wagoning, not giving explanations earns you a gummy bear.
Blowgun gummy bear at Pickem
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Blight »

*sigh* at least this will shed some light on the mechanics.
First off, Yama's been untouched this entire game. Getting a little messed up won't hurt him.

Secondly, he was practically asking for it.

Although, the 7-Up bottle may have been a little excessive. LOL
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Battle Mage wrote:Wow, way to go Mr Defensive. Didn't even stop to look whether the food getting thrown at you was REAL!? :roll:
Call me dense, but I have no idea what this is supposed to be referring to.

Disliking Gorrad for alternating between "let's test this" and "nobody throw anything" for the early portion of the game. Also don't like Waar's lack of contribution to this point. We could use a post or two from TSS as well - I'm not throwing anything yet either, but I feel I have at least some responsibility to make the occasional post.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I'm fine with throwing. Throw all you want. What I DON'T want is a mindless bandwagon. Mindless bandwagoning happens when people don't say WHY they're tossing their cookies. That's why I dodn't like Yama's throws, because he often (although not always) don't explain why he's doing it. It's why I didn't like the mashed potatoes or 7-up! No explanation as to why. I agree he's scummy, but I want an explanation when you throw. You do that, I'm happy.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

Gorrad wrote:I'm fine with throwing. Throw all you want. What I DON'T want is a mindless bandwagon. Mindless bandwagoning happens when people don't say WHY they're tossing their cookies. That's why I dodn't like Yama's throws, because he often (although not always) don't explain why he's doing it. It's why I didn't like the mashed potatoes or 7-up! No explanation as to why. I agree he's scummy, but I want an explanation when you throw. You do that, I'm happy.
He threw like 6 things at Tar for minimal reasons. He asked for it.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Erg0 »

JDodge gave clear warning on the 7-Up in 139.

And it's not just those two - although not food-related, your reaction to BM calling "bandwagon" was over the top, I think. You seem to spend a lot of time asking people for reasons, even on their "unofficial" votes.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”