Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I didn't say he didn't. I'm asking you to clearly state a reason when throwing. Even if the reason seems to you to be obvious. It's good for future reference, helps prevent the twisting of words, and can stop bandwagons.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Gorrad »

That last post was in reference to JDodge. And Erg0's point helps mine. I didn't remember 139, and if JDodge had quoted it or referenced it in any way, I would have been satisfied. There's a good reason I'm asking for reasons- order is the way to go! This is a logical game, so I ask for logical actions.

Live long and prosper.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by foolinc »

JDodge wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I'm fine with throwing. Throw all you want. What I DON'T want is a mindless bandwagon. Mindless bandwagoning happens when people don't say WHY they're tossing their cookies. That's why I dodn't like Yama's throws, because he often (although not always) don't explain why he's doing it. It's why I didn't like the mashed potatoes or 7-up! No explanation as to why. I agree he's scummy, but I want an explanation when you throw. You do that, I'm happy.
He threw like 6 things at Tar for minimal reasons. He asked for it.
JDodge, he claimed that he had something 100x peas, so I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to hurt very much.

You should have waited till the update popped up to see the damage. That's what I am currently doing.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

|:BEGIN INFORMATION RELAY:
jeep wrote:It seems pulsewidth will be losing access for a while and will need to be replaced.
Hi, I have an account named "pulsewidth" on the mafiascum.net forums. Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to access the site for at least the next 6 months. My only access to the Internet is on my employer's network and today the website was blocked. I am currently in several games (ChannelDelibird's Stargate Atlantis, DrippingGoofball's Food Fight, and I also signed up to be in Clerk's Mafia.) Please let them know to seek replacements.
|:END INFORMATION RELAY

Bah. His Engrish amused me.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I already PMed DG, as pulsewidth was in the game I just started modding. I know, teacher's pet. :P

Hey, speaking of which: see my sig.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Erg0 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Wow, way to go Mr Defensive. Didn't even stop to look whether the food getting thrown at you was REAL!? :roll:
Call me dense, but I have no idea what this is supposed to be referring to.

Disliking Gorrad for alternating between "let's test this" and "nobody throw anything" for the early portion of the game. Also don't like Waar's lack of contribution to this point. We could use a post or two from TSS as well - I'm not throwing anything yet either, but I feel I have at least some responsibility to make the occasional post.
OMFG. Pay attention please!
Call me the dumbest f*er in the world, but i get the strong impression that THE FOOD YAMAHAKO IS 'THROWING' IS
NOT REAL
. He's testing for reactions, which i've been doing myself, and it is NOT scummy.

HoS: Blight and Jdodge
for opportunism.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

EBWOP: I see Yamahako did claim what his peas do-apparently he has 100 of them, so they do cause some damage-just such an infinitely small amount that even 10 will probably not be enough to show up on the graph. The rest of my comment still stands though.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Nightfall »

Thinking out loud

Gut,
plus how they've been defensive of others actions,
Yama's bs throwing

Im taking a close look at

gorad
bm
Yama

and when we get our next bar graph, if Tar is dirtier than Yama, I'm pelting yama with the biggest and most messy thing in my lunch box.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Nightfall »

P.S. BM your post 181 I think is BS. We have no idea what foods people do or do not have. If someone steps out of line and starts pelting what appears to be a player chosen at random the town is going to act back with a vengeance.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:31 am

Post by skitzer »

I feel that Yamahako pelting Tarhalindur with peas is not very townish play.

Vote: Yamahako
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Erg0 »

Nightfall wrote:P.S. BM your post 181 I think is BS. We have no idea what foods people do or do not have. If someone steps out of line and starts pelting what appears to be a player chosen at random the town is going to act back with a vengeance.
Agree with this. I don't plan to wait for the next graph to check whether someone's really attacking me or not.
V/LA most weekends.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:56 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Gorrad wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Gods, ok, this is a bandwagon with votes that DO count! Seriously, Bandwagoning = BAD! Yamahako's food flinging is scummy to me too, but that doesn't warrant a bandwagon!
aren't we supposed to be trying to wagon scummy players????

i mean i get that the damage is irrevocable (sp?), but the goal is to try and lynch scum still...
Lynch, yes, wagon NO! If you're gonna throw something, throw it, but give a reason! Otherwise scum can throw all their food one one person, give no explanation, and have no one question their motives. Even if you aren't wagoning, not giving explanations earns you a gummy bear.
Blowgun gummy bear at Pickem

there has to be a wagon before there can be a lynch.

you don't just magically lynch people.

use your head please.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:12 am

Post by skitzer »

I think it will be critical to realize that it will take much oomph to get someone lynched. Also, it will become significantly harder as time passes. We will not have so much leeway to just toss stuff at everyone. We should probably learn now to conserve our food. For example, I'm suspicious of Yama, but I'm not throwing anything just yet.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Yamahako »

I think its interesting how I've only thrown one item without an explination. And I'm getting a lot of flak. But people feel its ok that others are tossing big food at me without an
actual
reason and no one seems to mind. And the statement JDodge said was that he'd throw his soda at the next person who threw food without a reason - I gave a reason.

I choose not to participate in voting in any form. It's too "Convenient" and reminds me of the Huggle Alliance in the Lights Out game from a while back. Too easy for scum to latch on to a band wagon and then everyone pelts food. Way too easy to hide in that noise.

I don't think we'll reach a real dynamic with this game until we've got people in the 50's or 60's in the meter. Until then food thrown is largely cosmetic. People are trying too hard to look town with their cautious play - and its OBVIOUS. It's easy for Scum to try and get the town on their side.

It's a far superior strategy for people to throw food when they see people acting suspiciously. There will be more accountability for the food that's thrown, and people can't hide behind "Town Approved Bandwagons."

Just everyone take note at who's looking for an excuse to toss food at someone who is outspoken... most of them will be scum.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:16 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Had you considered that people may have other reasons for cautious play, besides "trying to appear pro-town"? We've established that some people have far fewer food items than others.
V/LA most weekends.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

I'm currently tempted to throw something at Yamahako.
Yamahako wrote:I choose not to participate in voting in any form. It's too "Convenient" and reminds me of the Huggle Alliance in the Lights Out game from a while back. Too easy for scum to latch on to a band wagon and then everyone pelts food. Way too easy to hide in that noise.

I don't think we'll reach a real dynamic with this game until we've got people in the 50's or 60's in the meter. Until then food thrown is largely cosmetic. People are trying too hard to look town with their cautious play - and its OBVIOUS. It's easy for Scum to try and get the town on their side.
I disagree a lot with this, the qhole point of the voting mechanic is because if everybody throws loads of food at different targets, we might be forced to lynch a particular person or even no-lynch due to lack of food. The unofficial vote plan should negate this possibility, as long as people go along with it rather than throwing food at every opportunity. I hardly think that any food thrown until we get to 50-60% is cosmetic for the same reason, and because we have a limited amount of food, we may be forced to lynch someone who is covered in "cosmetic" food at the end of the day if we continue throwing food mindlessly like you're doing. It may go against the mechanics and the name of the game, but I think we should be cautious with our food, since I want to win this, whether or not I stick with the name of the game.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Btw, am I voting Yama? If not
Vote:Yama

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nightfall wrote:P.S. BM your post 181 I think is BS. We have no idea what foods people do or do not have. If someone steps out of line and starts pelting what appears to be a player chosen at random the town is going to act back with a vengeance.
Now you see, i'd say THIS ^ post is BS. I'm going to refer you to MAD Mafia once again, because the concept is the same. Not all food thrown is real, and due to the nature of the game, the only way to find out for sure, is to wait and see. Its players who get edgy and OMGUSsy at the first sign of getting targetted who we ought to be on the lookout for.

If you don't see the current pressure on Yamahako as inherently scummy itself, i am truly astounded. :shock:

If i see any more people hopping on the BW sneakily, i will be throwing something big.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:19 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Ouch, that 7-up and Mash Potato mix sure makes a mess.

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Lowell »

skitzer wrote:I think it will be critical to realize that it will take much oomph to get someone lynched. Also, it will become significantly harder as time passes. We will not have so much leeway to just toss stuff at everyone. We should probably learn now to conserve our food. For example, I'm suspicious of Yama, but I'm not throwing anything just yet.
Something about this post bugs me. I still don't like the underlying philosophy.
hurls chopped onions at skitzer

I think, if anything, its more likely that we have an EXCESS of food to throw (in terms of damage) than a scarcity. It is a freakin' food fight after all. What makes you so sure we need to conserve?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Order! Order! Everyone quiet for an instant!

We've got a new kid here. Sir Tornado is replacing pulsewidth! Please welcome him.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Quick, let's all bully the new kid!

Joking, hi Sir T!

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote Lowell.

Vote BM

Vote Yamahako

Vote Skitzer

I always wanted to multiple vote in the same post!

Sayonara!
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Ok, this is for testing purposes:

Throw a sushi roll at Lowell

I want to see exactly how much damage this does. No one else throw anything at Lowell before the next chart is up.

BTW, have I ever mentioned I love to play taiko?
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”