Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:10 am

Post by skitzer »

OK. Wow. What a whirlwind of stuff. Nobody ever said anything about me. Sorry, little egotistical moment. Anyway, my current hunch list is

CKD
Lazy
Saint Freak

In order of hunch strength. Not much to go on, so I will pay close attention to these three and Look at others to.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:11 am

Post by WomensRights »

Saint Freak wrote:Charges, charges. I can't be bothered to navigate back through this thread. Sum them up for me, unless they equate to "omg he's having fun guys get him', which I suspect they still do.
Well, basically, ChronX said this, and I"m quoting it for you because you're a massive lazy ass:
ChronX wrote:OK, the pressure on lazy has gotten us some feedback from him, and at this point in the early going I don't want to keep the spotlight on someone for too long; this should be a target rich environment and we will all remember Lazy's play if he messes up again. If he's scum, he probably will do something else worthy of our attention.

Meanwhile, :
UNVOTE

Aimee has posted once, and did a poor job of making use of facts.

reFoS Aimee
for following up a bad post with lurking

There are a number of people who haven't posted since Thursday or early Friday, but I don't want to slap a lurker tag there since I will have weekends where I can't post much or at all myself (see sig). However, Saint Freak's absence since Thursday is remarkable because:
Someone sum up the case against CKD in like, 4 bullet points. I don't have time to read all of this.
Wanting someone else to make the case, often a scum tell.
Eh, a two bullet pointer is hardly worth my vote, but waar must be town as per T/D so I suppose I should follow him.

Unvote: WomensRights
Vote: CKD
Then piles into the CKD wagon with this post, despite saying its hardly worth his vote.

Then "lurks in the open" with three "silly" posts, one of which is a misquote of CKD inside a quote box (uncool), a silly metagame observation, and the truth or dare nonsense (uncool).

Enough to see some votes accumulate on him and get his attention.

VOTE: Saint Freak
And your response was "OMGUS" and then you voted for him while not, you know, saying anything
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon
Location: Somewhere between Oregon and Washington there lies a mystical land...

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:13 am

Post by windshipper »

STOP VOTING HIM FOR JUST A MOMENT AND LET'S TALK BEFORE HE GETS LYNCHED AND POTENTIALLY WINS THE GAME.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? He's not even bothering to respond to anything, he's TRYING to get lynched. If he's a jester, that means he wins the game. That's not good, because then we lose.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? Also, cicero, why did you vote him RIGHT AFTER I posted that?
US Army: So easy a caveman could do it.
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:14 am

Post by windshipper »

I also want to add on to this that if he were mafia, he'd try to defend himself so he WOULDN'T get lynched. See my comments about mafia not being able to win a war of attrition in my post against CKD, which he conveniently ignored all of.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:19 am

Post by skitzer »

I don't like how you are defending him wind. I understand your point, but isn't he relatively new to this site? I honestly believe Theo did not throw a Jester into this game. That would be stupid.

FoS: Saint Freak
you are being a little foolish in not defending yourself
FoS: windshipper
for outrageousness and defense against SF.

BTW, cicero, how are you...;)
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am

Post by WomensRights »

SF is new to this site but not new to mafia. We play it all the time on something awful, where wind, myself, SF, and a good many others in this thread come from...we're on a field trip :D.

Also FoS is really silly at this point in the game because (unless you're voting for SF or Lazy or CKD or someone else who's near lynch at this point which I don't know because we haven't had a vote count HEM HEM MOD) one vote is not going to make a difference on Day 1. Or Day 2. Or any day that isn't LYLO.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:STOP VOTING HIM FOR JUST A MOMENT AND LET'S TALK BEFORE HE GETS LYNCHED AND POTENTIALLY WINS THE GAME.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? He's not even bothering to respond to anything, he's TRYING to get lynched. If he's a jester, that means he wins the game. That's not good, because then we lose.

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's a jester? Also, cicero, why did you vote him RIGHT AFTER I posted that?
I missed your Jester line and was irritated by his flippancy. And never really realised that a Jester win meant a town loss. I always think of it as more of a town annoyance. Anyway I think he's probably just a flippant guy not taking the game seriously and I really don't like that. But fine... since I'm sure we've made our point. For now...

Unvote
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:24 am

Post by windshipper »

I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

unless the game ends if the jester wins, I don't really care about jesters. Plus they are the exception to the rule, and you can't just go around thinking, "oh god what if he's the jester." No one would get lynched.

I think he's just a shitty player that refuses to contribute
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Saint Freak »

Lemming1607 wrote: I think he's just a shitty player that refuses to contribute

So you don't think I'm scum, but it would still be AWESOME to lynch me anyhoo. Way to be town-esque
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 am

Post by skitzer »

I think FoS's are just fine right now, IMO. And plus, I didn't post until now. And I'm sorry for criticizing SFs knowledge of the game.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:SF is new to this site but not new to mafia. We play it all the time on something awful, where wind, myself, SF, and a good many others in this thread come from...we're on a field trip :D.

Also FoS is really silly at this point in the game because (unless you're voting for SF or Lazy or CKD or someone else who's near lynch at this point which I don't know because we haven't had a vote count HEM HEM MOD) one vote is not going to make a difference on Day 1. Or Day 2. Or any day that isn't LYLO.

Far be it from me to defend Skitzer who I've certainly had sharp words with in the recent past in another game... but I barely understood your logic there. FOS isn't silly here, at least not in my somewhat limited experience (I'm no guru, just a reasonably quick study). It's just a good shorthand way of pointing out who people suspect and is used at all sorts of stages. Maybe you do it differently over at SA but it isn't "silly" here. That having been said Skitzer is pretty new to the game and, by his own admission, has a lot to learn and I anticipate may get admonished for lots of things. But that particular criticism was not necessary I don't think.

I think you mean "just vote someone". But I don't think it's your place to demand that. Peroonally I'll be voting when I'm good and ready and I don't like people trying to control the town's play that way.

On the other side, I agree with you, WR.
More vote counts are pretty much necessary in a game with this pace.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:31 am

Post by cicero »

Saint Freak wrote:

So you don't think I'm scum, but it would still be AWESOME to lynch me anyhoo. Way to be town-esque
You're in no position to lecture anyone on towniness at this point.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:34 am

Post by skitzer »

I believe admonished means criticized, therefore you are correct but I am trying not to be so criticizable, because then I get very irritant and somehow get modkilled.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 am

Post by cicero »

skitzer wrote:I believe admonished means criticized, therefore you are correct but I am trying not to be so criticizable, because then I get very irritant and somehow get modkilled.
Yes... let's try to avoid that this time, shall we ;-)
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:38 am

Post by windshipper »

Irritant...modkilled? Oops...:(
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:Irritant...modkilled? Oops...:(
Meh. He just didnt read the rules carefully enough and made a big noobie mistake but it isn't like he did anything poisonous. Don't get the wrong idea.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

Post by WomensRights »

cicero wrote: Far be it from me to defend Skitzer who I've certainly had sharp words with in the recent past in another game... but I barely understood your logic there. FOS isn't silly here, at least not in my somewhat limited experience (I'm no guru, just a reasonably quick study). It's just a good shorthand way of pointing out who people suspect and is used at all sorts of stages. Maybe you do it differently over at SA but it isn't "silly" here. That having been said Skitzer is pretty new to the game and, by his own admission, has a lot to learn and I anticipate may get admonished for lots of things. But that particular criticism was not necessary I don't think.

I think you mean "just vote someone". But I don't think it's your place to demand that. Peroonally I'll be voting when I'm good and ready and I don't like people trying to control the town's play that way.
I've gotten in to this argument on SA with people before, but at this stage in the game I do find the FoS to be silly. It's 1 vote. It's not going to hurt anyone. If you find someone suspicious, put a vote on them to put some pressure on them so that they take you seriously. An FoS is basically useless right now.

It's also a way for scum to say "Oh yeah I kind of suspect this person" without leaving a vote trail that leads back to them. Townies shouldn't be afraid of their votes. Scum hold on to theirs like precious jewels and dole them out after careful consideration because they don't want anything coming back to them.
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

Post by windshipper »

No, no, I was referring to myself...Not him.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:43 am

Post by cicero »

windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
He could very well be a jester. My understanding is that they are in play with some regularity. I'm not sure of the ratio of games with and without though. But Skitzer is wrong to dismiss the possibility.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:46 am

Post by cicero »

WomensRights wrote:
cicero wrote: Far be it from me to defend Skitzer who I've certainly had sharp words with in the recent past in another game... but I barely understood your logic there. FOS isn't silly here, at least not in my somewhat limited experience (I'm no guru, just a reasonably quick study). It's just a good shorthand way of pointing out who people suspect and is used at all sorts of stages. Maybe you do it differently over at SA but it isn't "silly" here. That having been said Skitzer is pretty new to the game and, by his own admission, has a lot to learn and I anticipate may get admonished for lots of things. But that particular criticism was not necessary I don't think.

I've gotten in to this argument on SA with people before, but at this stage in the game I do find the FoS to be silly. It's 1 vote. It's not going to hurt anyone. If you find someone suspicious, put a vote on them to put some pressure on them so that they take you seriously. An FoS is basically useless right now.

It's also a way for scum to say "Oh yeah I kind of suspect this person" without leaving a vote trail that leads back to them. Townies shouldn't be afraid of their votes. Scum hold on to theirs like precious jewels and dole them out after careful consideration because they don't want anything coming back to them.
Great - your opinion is noted. And I understand your point. But I'm going to ignore it now though. Mostly because of your unnecessary use of the inflammatory word "silly". We usually bold our FOS's here. You can track em just fine with the drop down menu below. If you think such FOS's in and of themselves offer a scum trail then you should positive this theory of yours later on when you can trap someone with it. Not early on so you can warn your scumbuddies. so a minor
FOS: Women's Rights [/b} to you. See how that works?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:47 am

Post by cicero »

EBWOP: That should read
FOS Women's Rights

Mod can edit that and delete this if he likes.

Note to self: Preview button!!! Use Preview button!!!
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 am

Post by WomensRights »

cicero wrote: Great - your opinion is noted. And I understand your point. But I'm going to ignore it now though. Mostly because of your unnecessary use of the inflammatory word "silly". We usually bold our FOS's here. You can track em just fine with the drop down menu below. If you think such FOS's in and of themselves offer a scum trail then you should positive this theory of yours later on when you can trap someone with it. Not early on so you can warn your scumbuddies. so a minor
FOS: Women's Rights [/b} to you. See how that works?
How is the word "silly" inflammatory?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

Your use of the "he might be a Jester! argument just shot you to the top of my scumdar.

The possibility of a Jester completely irrelevant to us unless the Jester win ends the game (which generally isn't the case in large games). As long as the town fulfills its win condition, we don't care about whether a neutral gets to win with us - in fact, Jesters are typically enough of a distraction that it's in the town's interests to let them fulfill their win condition early on.

By way of contrast, the possibility of a Jester is relevant to the scum, since they can use that possibility to distract and confuse the town. More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself.

Unvote, Vote: Windshipper
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Saint Freak wrote:

is this one of those "if I defend myself I will look scummy" arguments? cause it's pretty funny

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”