Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 am

Post by mcpaltp »

WomensRights wrote:As probably the most qualified psychologist in this thread (not certified or licensed but dammit I do have a degree!) I can safely say that we will all lead unfulfilled lives.

And back to the game!
As an accountant, I know that I already fit the "unfulfilled" descriptor. But does that make me bitter?

Yes.[/spoiler]
50 pounds of bread
50 pounds of bread
Townie
50 pounds of bread
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:23 am

Post by 50 pounds of bread »

WomensRights wrote:I don't know what to make of that last post by SF. It's like he decided to heft the mantle of Alasdair on to his shoulders and wear it proudly...why a game needs an Alasdair in the first place I don't know.
Alasdair is very non-chalant about mafia, but he isn't a jerk about it for the sake of being a jerk. Saint Freak is just being an asshole.

Also, I wanted to comment on the silly thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA SOMEONE GOT OFFENDED BY THE WORD SILLY, HAHAHAHAHA.

(Cicero, I'll start typing important things in black, and unimportant things in blue, but I like repping water in all my posts, it's how I roll)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

jesus, checking my watched list I see this game is progressed two pages in the past 24 hours (some of my games dont progress two pages in 2 weeks)...I dont think I can stay away for a couple days to cool off....

that being said, I am going to reread (with a fresh look at this game) to include the past two pages I have missed...

Skimmy I see that Wind would like me to answer why Waar unvoting me was scummy.

Well, I said that it seemed "scummy(to me)"..meaning that was my opinion or assumptions. IT seemed like my BW was hot to trot and heading to a lynch, if I was lynched and I came out town, then he can always fall back on.."well, I tried to stop the wagon"....Yes, Wind, unvoting someone who might be lynched (when you dont think or are convinced they are scum) is a pro-townish move, which is eactly why scum do it. Again, note, I didnt push that because it was my opinion which I stated. I hope that answers your question..

Think I will try to do a player by player break down in the next 48 hours (work permitting)..might be the best way to look at this game in a different prespective.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:*snip*

Yes, Wind, unvoting someone who might be lynched (when you dont think or are convinced they are scum) is a pro-townish move, which is eactly why scum do it. Again, note, I didnt push that because it was my opinion which I stated. I hope that answers your question..

*snip 2.0*
I'm just gonna point out that boy do I dislike this WIFOM-y stuff here. I'm not trying to pick on you in particular as I've seen it used elsewhere, but extrapolating from this statement, anybody who acts pro-town must be scum, because scum would do it to look town.

Quick! nobody do anything pro-town, it's a scumtell! Oh snap, waar wants to stop a quick lynch and promote discussion? Git'em, he's gotta be scum! I'll teach him for wanting to help the town! Graggaglelge.

I just don't like that kind of reasoning so much is all I'm sayin'.
waar
waar
Townie
waar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 am

Post by waar »

Tarhalindur wrote:
windshipper wrote:I'm not defending him. I just don't want to vote off the jester on day 1. I've never played a game on mafia scum either, but Saint Freak has played in games before. I know this for a fact because he and I are from the same board. He's never played like this though, which is what makes me wonder if he's a jester or some other type of role like that. I just really don't want to do that.

How sure are you that Theo wouldn't put a jester in this game? Sorry, I've just never played a game on this forum before so I don't know what mods would do what.
Your use of the "he might be a Jester! argument just shot you to the top of my scumdar.

The possibility of a Jester completely irrelevant to us unless the Jester win ends the game (which generally isn't the case in large games). As long as the town fulfills its win condition, we don't care about whether a neutral gets to win with us - in fact, Jesters are typically enough of a distraction that it's in the town's interests to let them fulfill their win condition early on.

By way of contrast, the possibility of a Jester is relevant to the scum, since they can use that possibility to distract and confuse the town. More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself.
Vote: Tarhalindur

Fos: Lemming1607, Skitzer
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Saint Freak »

mcpaltp wrote: I just don't like that kind of reasoning so much is all I'm sayin'.
*shrug* What's the alternative?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 am

mcpaltp wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:*snip*

Yes, Wind, unvoting someone who might be lynched (when you dont think or are convinced they are scum) is a pro-townish move, which is eactly why scum do it. Again, note, I didnt push that because it was my opinion which I stated. I hope that answers your question..

*snip 2.0*
I'm just gonna point out that boy do I dislike this WIFOM-y stuff here. I'm not trying to pick on you in particular as I've seen it used elsewhere, but extrapolating from this statement, anybody who acts pro-town must be scum, because scum would do it to look town.

Quick! nobody do anything pro-town, it's a scumtell! Oh snap, waar wants to stop a quick lynch and promote discussion? Git'em, he's gotta be scum! I'll teach him for wanting to help the town! Graggaglelge.

I just don't like that kind of reasoning so much is all I'm sayin'.
again, not pushing this particular point, he asked how or why
I
thought that could be scummy, I explained why
I
thought it could be...this is my when I first stated it I said "(to me)" meaning my opinion.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 am

edit my=why
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote: again, not pushing this particular point, he asked how or why
I
I
thought it could be...this is my when I first stated it I said "(to me)" meaning my opinion.
That's cool, and I don't really hold it aginst you, but I still don't like the reasoning.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 am

fair enough, back to the reread
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:again, not pushing this particular point, he asked how or why
I
I
That's cool, and I don't really hold it aginst you, but I still don't like the reasoning.

Darn tags.

Also: waar whut? Jester discussion = scummy? Back up your vote a little please.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:13 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Lol just fixed em
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Saint Freak »

mcpaltp wrote: No, U. :roll: :x :o

Oh, you card.
Well played.

Also, jester discussion is scummy imo. The mafia is usually more concerned with the notion that they have a shot at winning than the town would be.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 am

Post by skitzer »

SF, me agrees...Jesters are usually included in open games to add another worry to the game...but I can see how talk of no jester is scummy as well.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:17 am

Post by theopor_COD »

KilGrey replaces Lazy who has asked to be replaced
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:28 am

Post by WomensRights »

Well hello KilGrey.

Your previous player was indeed so scummy that I'm going to keep my vote on you as well.
KilGrey
KilGrey
Townie
KilGrey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:54 am

Post by KilGrey »

WomensRights wrote:Well hello KilGrey.

Your previous player was indeed so scummy that I'm going to keep my vote on you as well.
Et tu, WR? Image

I understand I have some ground to make up from my predecessor. Unfortunately, I can't explain why he said what he said but I'd like a chance to say my piece. I've been reading along and have a couple pages left to catch up on. I've been taking notes and will post shortly.
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

great, now I have to get replaced somehow so I can replace kilgrey
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by WomensRights »

KilGrey wrote: Et tu, WR? Image
Don't think I've forgiven you for Harry Potter yet Missy!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Jeezo Harry Potter... he's such a cad...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by garbagetree »

skitzer wrote:SF, me agrees...Jesters are usually included in open games to add another worry to the game...but I can see how talk of no jester is scummy as well.
Jester is a pretty rare role, and bringing it up on a day one without any reasoning to think that there could be a jester in the game seems rather silly. In fact, the only reason why I could think that it would be brought up is as a scare tactic. All it does is makes me suspicious of the person who first brought it up. That was windshipper if I recall correctly.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by cicero »

garbagetree wrote:
skitzer wrote:SF, me agrees...Jesters are usually included in open games to add another worry to the game...but I can see how talk of no jester is scummy as well.
Jester is a pretty rare role, and bringing it up on a day one without any reasoning to think that there could be a jester in the game seems rather silly. In fact, the only reason why I could think that it would be brought up is as a scare tactic. All it does is makes me suspicious of the person who first brought it up. That was windshipper if I recall correctly.
Fair enough but imho windshipper's comment was reasonable in the context at the time. Freak was acting like a jester. If ever a jester there was. I wanted to lynch the guy on general principle... and one of the SA people that could meta him said it was highly abnormal play for him.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by garbagetree »

cicero wrote:Fair enough but imho windshipper's comment was reasonable in the context at the time. Freak was acting like a jester. If ever a jester there was. I wanted to lynch the guy on general principle... and one of the SA people that could meta him said it was highly abnormal play for him.
It's hard for me to meta him. The last game I played with him it was his first game, and we were masons, and he played relatively normal then, but he's taken a turn for the unpredictable and hilarious. I've been genuinely enjoying his posts, probably because they seemed over-the-top scummy.

And just for fun

Yeah I know Taxman did if first, but it's still fun.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by garbagetree »

boo not accepting image hosting. It worked in preview and everything.
Saint Freak
Saint Freak
Townie
Saint Freak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Saint Freak »

garbagetree wrote: boo not accepting image hosting. It worked in preview and everything.
Stop being so S-I-L-L-Y!!! :evil:

[Image

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”