curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Here's a question for you if you feel left out: Why didn't you wait for more than 2 players to weigh in on my case against you before you revealed your breadcrumb? Surely that would be helpful to the town. What if a bandwagon had sprung up on you suddenly? The town really could've used that information, especially at this point, and also later in the game.

Or are you really so blindly sure of yourself?
Are you feeling embarrassed for pushing that very anti-town “lynch the claimed vig move before he could possibly confirm himself at night” move? Figured it was a good time to do so. Why are you asking why I didn’t wait. Would a bandwagon on me have been scummy? As far as I am concerned there was already a bandwagon...you and GoW, maybe I got all the information I needed.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by ryan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:90% sure
Including process of elimination, or based on his scumtells alone in isolation?
Process of elimination and I feel he's one of our scum. What are you fishing for here?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

ryan wrote:
Paradoxombie wrote:
ryan wrote:90% sure
Including process of elimination, or based on his scumtells alone in isolation?
Process of elimination and I feel he's one of our scum. What are you fishing for here?
I just think you're far too sure considering the evidence you presented. I'm see it as very very possible bussing.

My parts in bold
curiouskarmadog wrote: Are you feeling embarrassed for pushing that very anti-town “lynch the claimed vig move before he could possibly confirm himself at night” move?

No, the only player who should be embarrassed here is you. Your terrible play, none of which made sense, has wasted the town's time and the only info that would've been useful from it you chose not to wait for, because you "figured it was a good time". What you're mistaking for embarrassment is anger and awe. Anger that you continue to push a somewhat decent case stuffed with all your BS. And Awe at your continuing senselessness and lack of basic logic and reasoning skills.

Figured it was a good time to do so.

Bravo.

Why are you asking why I didn’t wait.

To expose you as the fool you are and have been. The one intelligent thing you've done is breadcrumb, which has now implicated me and magnified your mistakes further.

Would a bandwagon on me have been scummy?

I don't know, I can't predict what never happened. Besides there is more to bandwagon than whether it's scummy or not. We could also look for vote hopping and craplogic. We could see who didn't vote you and whether their reasoning is logical or supect. At the least we could force players to give an opinon, which in itself is scumhunting.

As far as I am concerned there was already a bandwagon...you and GoW, maybe I got all the information I needed.

BS overconfidence again. I have no idea if GOW is scum, but I know you're at least 50% wrong, and your guise of certainty only further shows your lack of mindpower

"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Paradoxombie wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: Are you feeling embarrassed for pushing that very anti-town “lynch the claimed vig move before he could possibly confirm himself at night” move?

No, the only player who should be embarrassed here is you. Your terrible play, none of which made sense, has wasted the town's time and the only info that would've been useful from it you chose not to wait for, because you "figured it was a good time". What you're mistaking for embarrassment is anger and awe. Anger that you continue to push a somewhat decent case stuffed with all your BS. And Awe at your continuing senselessness and lack of basic logic and reasoning skills.

Figured it was a good time to do so.

Bravo.

Why are you asking why I didn’t wait.

To expose you as the fool you are and have been. The one intelligent thing you've done is breadcrumb, which has now implicated me and magnified your mistakes further.

Would a bandwagon on me have been scummy?

I don't know, I can't predict what never happened. Besides there is more to bandwagon than whether it's scummy or not. We could also look for vote hopping and craplogic. We could see who didn't vote you and whether their reasoning is logical or supect. At the least we could force players to give an opinon, which in itself is scumhunting.

As far as I am concerned there was already a bandwagon...you and GoW, maybe I got all the information I needed.

BS overconfidence again. I have no idea if GOW is scum, but I know you're at least 50% wrong, and your guise of certainty only further shows your lack of mindpower

LOL, Para, now you are being a hypocrite.

You think I have wasted the town's time, yet the only reason you are attacking me is to prove I am a fool? Who is wasting the town's time now?

I am illogical? You wanted the town to believe that lynching the vig before he could confirm himself was a good idea...if you were town, wouldnt you want a vig on your side?

Tell me Para, why has my breadcrumb implicated you, did you do something wrong? Go back to my bandwagon Para, you can find plenty of crap logic.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Dear ckd, I'll tell you why it helps me to do this. It's because the greatest point in my favor is your own scumminess. The more scummy you look, the more logical it was for me to go after you, and I barely need to try. You're prodeadline, you claimed at a pointless time, you didn't kill last night, you did very little scumhunting today up until I started going after you, you revealed the breadcrumb way too soon. You just don't know what you're doing.

If you didn't have proof you were vig I'd still totally be for your lynch. You haven't seemed the slightest bit town to me all game, and many times antitown. You have yet to actually refute any of my so-called craplogic, but I'm not surprised, to criticize something you must actually be able to do better yourself.

And you don't need to be guilty to be "implicated", genius.

Your entire case does basically comes down to:" You wanted the town to believe that lynching the vig before he could confirm himself was a good idea...if you were town, wouldnt you want a vig on your side?"

I didn't think you were vig, and I gave more than enough logic to show it.
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:48 pm

but refused to give a chance to prove myself...seems to me, that if you were town, you want to be sure who you are hanging..if there was a way for a person to prove they were a vig, I would give it to them, especially because the scum WOULD probably Nk them anyway...

but you didnt care about all that..you wanted to do the scum's work for them..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

You, sir, are dense.

I'm not going to bother refuting you. I think most players at least comprehend my logic even if they disagree or don't believe it.

You knew you would come out and attack me the minute I threatened you. You didn't pay attention to my points. You didn't look at my reasoning. You didn't think. You just couldn't wait to reveal your proof and you didn't even though it cost the town. All of it costs the town. But maybe I'm acting too certain. Here's one thing I can say in your favor:

If you're scum, you're actually pretty great. Lucky and great.
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:08 pm

fine resort to insults Para..

we could poll the town to see if they thought "lynch the claimed vig" was a good idea for the town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

We could've done that before you gave proof, fool! That would've made sense!
-George Washington

So it goes.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

And I don't have to "resort" to insults. You've earned them. You deserve them. Have them. Enjoy them.

I do tend to get a bit worked up.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Meta time ...

I'm eerily reminded of my last game with ckd and his argument with a certain Battle Mage. They were both town and ckd was a claimed mason. Day 2, ckd ended up getting lynched, but in the end it was two townies (Battle Mage and ChronX) who pushed the lynch the hardest. Two scum then just jumped onto it; including me (sweet sweet hammer).

I'm just saying this to remind ckd how arguments like the one that's going on now can be destructive if they're between two townies.

That said, I don't feel that Para gave very convincing reasons for wanting to lynch ckd. Part of me still feels that it could have been just genuine townie bad thinking, though ... it's certainly a possibility.

Para, now that ckd is obviously no longer a suspect, who do you find scummy? Btw, I liked your 869.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Fair enough Gorgon...see Para, Gorgon think you had reason..

So I get this straight Gorgon, do you feel it would have been a good idea to lynch a claimed vig, versus letting him prove himself that night?

That is my problem with Para, that he refused to let me prove myself the following night...he would rather I did today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:35 pm

did=die
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Gorgon »

curiouskarmadog wrote:So I get this straight Gorgon, do you feel it would have been a good idea to lynch a claimed vig, versus letting him prove himself that night?
Absolutely not. Also, as I said, I feel that his stated reasons were unconvincing. However, wanting to do so this is not guaranteed proof of someone being scum, although it's certainly quite
scummy
. I do admit there are further scummy things about Para though.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Gorgon wrote: Para, now that ckd is obviously no longer a suspect, who do you find scummy? Btw, I liked your 869.
I have very little idea at the moment. Hopefully I can reread and maybe ask a few more questions before deadline.
-George Washington

So it goes.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

My case on Simenon started from his vote on Aimee, to which he provided an excuse, albeit a weak one. It is perfectly conceivable that he could have just come in, saw an easy way to appear town, and cast without realizing the implications. Then, during our prolonged argument, I asked him to repost his excuse. This was not because I forgot, I just wanted to see if his first excuse and second would contain any discrepancies...(I don't know how to spell it...) and in the end he went back and quoted his excuse instead of rewriting it... a blow to my plan. But along the way, I thought his posts were dodging the questions ryan and I were asking. He never provided a solid answer that didn't have some sort of fallback, and he used appeal to emotions and one liners to pester me, and I did take the bait and got into an argument. Probably shouldn't have done that, as it detracted from the rest of the game, but oh well. So to summarize:

My Suspicions
1. Vote on Aimee- weakly defended, great possibility of untruthiness
2. Refusal to repost his explanation, which lead me to believe he was scared he would have something different in his argument. A townie would not care if he had to re-tell his explanation because it is the truth. A scun's excuses are not true, and therefore can differ from one telling to the next.
3. His appeals to emotions and general willingness to bait me. Eg. his read the fucking game posts, to which of course I responded in kind. Bad me!
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

Ok, so my game's finally up and I have no other modding commitments.

It's 7:30am here and I'm rather drunk, so I won't post tonight. Soon as I wake up, though, I'll post in all the games I've been neglecting.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:19 am

Post by ryan »

Hey game, deadline is Sunday, could we have a little more discussion from a few of you non participators please?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Yeh I'm a little bit torn what to do with TheNinthLayer. He's been prodded let's hope he finally returns, if not he'll be replaced.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:24 am

Post by ryan »

theopor_COD wrote:Yeh I'm a little bit torn what to do with TheNinthLayer. He's been prodded let's hope he finally returns, if not he'll be replaced.
Can I make a suggestion? Give him 24 hours, if no response than replace him and extend deadline to the 31st?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I don't want to keep extending the deadline, but I see your point, we shall see if Ninth re-appears.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 am

Post by ryan »

theopor_COD wrote:I don't want to keep extending the deadline, but I see your point, we shall see if Ninth re-appears.
I understand you NOT wanting to extend, but it'd only be an extra three days ya know?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I've already extended it once.

Ninth has been prodded he has 24 hours to post something. If he doesn't I'll look for a replacement and extend until the 1st November. I'll be out on the 31st.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 am

Post by ryan »

theopor_COD wrote:I've already extended it once.

Ninth has been prodded he has 24 hours to post something. If he doesn't I'll look for a replacement and extend until the 1st November. I'll be out on the 31st.
Has he been the only one prodded in the past 24 hours?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:18 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Yes but Sir Wario hasn't posted since Friday so he's been smited.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”