Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

EBWOP:

Part of my third paragraph in post 649 got cut off somehow. The last sentence should read:

And that's usually a good thing for town, when people discuss what scum is likely to be thinking.

Sorry about that!
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

well, my issue with you is that all your logic revolves around you beeing town. If we look at your posts w/o the assumption that you're town, though not necessarily assuming you to be scum, all your arguments are like "uh, lynch somebody else who isn't confirmed or maybe we should lynch a doc or a cop." Your last post was just pointing out how a lot of things were just wifom. Except, you didn't mention that one of the most wifomy things was wifom, and instead used it as the cornerstone of your case on me; my continued existence. You claim that I'm scum because the scum would've killed me by now if I weren't scum, which leads to you saying I'm scummy->I should be lynched. That's highly wifom, cuz the scum could just not be killing me so that the town could be tricked into lynching me. You want me dead cuz I'm alive, and that logic is wifomy at best.
Yo.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Nocmen »

Near enoguh to the new page, so Counting of the votes:

YagamiLight - 2(Setael, Nanosauromo)
Faeren Lord of Carlisle - 1 (Samruc)

Not Voting - 4(Faeren Lord of Carlisle, YagamiLight, The Central Scrutinizer, Bookitty)

7 alive, 4 to lynch!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

My postings are all from my own perspective. I know for sure what my alignment is, just like everyone else here. So my postings will reflect the knowledge I have for sure. If you feel that my postings are not pro-town, or that I am most likely scum, then for certain you should vote for me. I've included myself in the three unclaimed people whom it would be useful and would gain information for town to lynch. I don't exclude myself there.

I've actually made the exact argument you present here, FLoC, for NOT lynching you. I don't know your alignment, and I don't like some of your arguments, including this one where you completely misstate my position. If I wanted you dead, I'd vote to lynch you, and I'm not doing that (yet, though your craplogic in the last post is making me rethink it). I think it's highly suspicious, and I think any reasonable person would think it's highly suspicious.

That said, let me know if you find someone whose logic all revolves around them being scum. I'd like to read that.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Setael »

This game is stagnating. If scum win, it's because we all got too bored to care what happened.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Setael wrote:This game is stagnating. If scum win, it's because we all got too bored to care what happened.

Stagnating...sort of, I guess. I was planning on imposing a deadline though on thursday or friday this week unless activity picks up.

Also, this isn't boring for me.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:29 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In the interest of moving things along, though, I'm going to:

unvote; vote YagamiLight

and

Major FOS: Nanosauromo

Minor FOS: FLoC

I think Nanosauromo isn't a cop. I think that's why FLoC is still alive. And I'm betting at this moment that YagamiLight is Nanosauromo's partner.

I think if there are three scum, it's Nanosauromo, YagamiLight, and FLoC. However, if there are only two, I think it's YagamiLight and Nanosauromo.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Setael »

nocmen wrote:Also, this isn't boring for me.
So... I don't know if it's a faux pas to read into mod statements, but this is what I gleaned from this statement. I think if nocmen were reading a game where all power roles were claimed and all we have to do is decide which of the 3 unclaimed roles are the 2 scums, that would be quite boring. However, if some of our claimed roles are scum, this game would not be boring for a mod to read. It would actually be quite interesting. So in conclusion, nocmen's statement is just one more reason I think nano is actually scum and maybe even FLoC, but nano I'm more confident about. Still not willing to vote him today in case I'm wrong, but maybe tomorrow.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Nocmen »

Setael wrote:
nocmen wrote:Also, this isn't boring for me.
So... I don't know if it's a faux pas to read into mod statements, but this is what I gleaned from this statement. I think if nocmen were reading a game where all power roles were claimed and all we have to do is decide which of the 3 unclaimed roles are the 2 scums, that would be quite boring. However, if some of our claimed roles are scum, this game would not be boring for a mod to read. It would actually be quite interesting. So in conclusion, nocmen's statement is just one more reason I think nano is actually scum and maybe even FLoC, but nano I'm more confident about. Still not willing to vote him today in case I'm wrong, but maybe tomorrow.
Nothing I say has any basis. I just say it randomly.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Setael »

Mm hmmmm.
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:52 pm

that seems like a game-mod faux-pas if I've ever seen one. But yeah, that does reek of "hey guys, somebodies lyin' bout their claim!"
Yo.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Yagami, you're at L-1 again. Anything you want to say before hammer time?
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Since it seems to have been determined I am to die, I do have some last words.
They say that blood is thicker than water. Maybe that's why we battle our own with more energy and gusto than we would ever expend on strangers.
And on a serious note, my last word of advice. After I'm gone, look closely at the two claimed unconfirmed. They seem more likely scum compared to Samruc and Boo, and definitely compared to TCS and Setael.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I read over YagamiLight's post and I literally cannot do this.

I am not inviting others to join me (though if they think he's guilty, I think they should) but I'm far more convinced of Nanosauromo's guilt than I am of YagamiLight's. I read Nanosauromo's post, and I was thinking, "Who does he think will hammer so quickly?" It just seemed... odd.

I no longer am convinced of my Nanosauromo-YagamiLight team.

I'm going to
unvote; vote Nanosauromo
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Votes:
YagamiLight - 2(Setael, Nanosauromo)
Faeren Lord of Carlisle - 1 (Samruc)
Nanosauromo - 1(Bookitty)

Not Voting - 3(Faeren Lord of Carlisle, YagamiLight, The Central Scrutinizer)

7 alive, 4 to lynch!

I will be checking for proddage when I return from class later.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Setael »

Boo, who do you think Nano's partner would be then?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Well... with the proviso that I could be wrong, and I'm presenting the evidence for my opinions along with my case, I'm lining out this scenario.

I'm convinced Nanosauromo is scum. I think that perhaps his partner is Samruc. I think this because it seems highly unlikely to me that both claimed people are scum. I know I'm not scum. Samruc has pushed an FLoC lynch from the start, and both Nanosauromo and Samruc have come up with fairly wild theories regarding hidden doctors and cops who kill the ones they investigate, which seems a little farfetched to me. Additionally, it's my opinion that Nanosauromo was directing someone to hammer YagamiLight. I know that's not me, so the possibilities are narrowed for me (though not for anyone else).

The post that makes me believe that FLoC and Nanosauromo can't be scumpartners:

"I have no reason to not believe nano."

I do not believe scum would EVER say that about their scumpartner.

So right now I'm leaning toward Nanosauromo and Samruc being scumpartners, and Nano directing Samruc to give up his lonely fight against FLoC and put the hammer on YagamiLight. That's my theory, and my reasoning behind it.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Setael »

Well... my question is - if you think it's samruc and nano, why wouldn't you vote samruc instead of nano? It seems to me the more pro Town thing to do is to leave nano in case we're wrong and he really is a cop and try to take out his partner instead...
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

Hmmm. This is a good point. I agree that you are probably right.

unvote; vote Samruc

Do you see any flaws with my logic otherwise? Or mistakes in my theory? I'd really appreciate having them pointed out.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Samruc »

Bookitty, I have never endorsed the theory that Nano would be a "clumsy cop" or whatever we should call it. Nano suggested it himself, and FLoC were the only one to support it:
Nano wrote:Hm... both people I investigated turned up dead. Maybe I'm a vig and don't know it?
FLoC wrote:I'd say that it's possible, but patently rediculous of the mod to do that. It's a nice trick, and really swingy. I'd believe it this game though, considering that I'm still here.
Bookitty wrote:The post that makes me believe that FLoC and Nanosauromo can't be scumpartners:

"I have no reason to not believe nano."
As a response to this I asked FLoC this: "Who do you think are the two remaining scums?" I got no answer to that. Note that from FLoC's POV, then it *has* to be two scum in {Samruc, Bookitty, Yagami} and it would be very interesting to hear who he thinks they are.

I want to ask this question to Nano as well: Who do you think are the two remaining scums?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, this is a valid point.

I'd like FLoC's and Nano's answer before I vote too.
(It was much simpler for me before Nanosauromo made that "hammer" comment. -sigh-)

unvote

To FLoC and Nano: Who DO you think are the two remaining scums?
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:46 pm

I think that it is samruc and yagami, because I believe, or at least really want to believe nano. Also, bookitty seems really town to me. I'm really happy with boos play.
Yo.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Post by Samruc »

FLoC, do you think that we have {2 masons, Roleblocker, Vig, Doc, Cop} in the setup then?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Nocmen »

Prodding TCS.

Deadline has been added:
5PM EDT November 1st, roughly 1 week from this post.

Can be delayed if 3 people wish for it so.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Samruc »

Well, if FLoC doesn't want to answer that, I can do it for him:

Something doesn't quite add up. Maybe the two scummiest people alive in this game are FLoC (IMO) and Nano (in several other's opinions), and there is no way we can have {2 masons, Roleblocker, Vig, Doc, Cop} on the side of town in a mini.

This means that if we lynch both of our claimed powerroles, we will very probably catch at least one scum. If we don't find both, we will be down to a three-person endgame with one scum left, which is hard but not impossible.

If we do it the other way, and lynch one of the three unclaimed players first, we are still hoping to find one scum out of three. The difference is, that if we fail, we immediately wind up in LyLo, where we *still* could have one correct claim, and we don't know which one. What speaks for this plan is that we possibly get one more investigation, but my counterpoint is that any actions based on Nano's investigations will be tainted anyway by the "is he cop or not"-wifom.

So, my conclusion is, if we suppose that one of the claims actually is false, which I do, then I think the correct play is to lynch the claimees, in whatever order we find them most scummy. It might be standard play to keep claimed cops and docs as long as possible, but I think this case is an exception.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”