Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:38 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Prods being sent where neccessary. Anyone who hasn't posted since Saturday gets one.

Votecount shortly
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Peers »

I forget if I've posted, but I've certainly been reading... the signal/noise ration in this thread is abnormally low, so it's kinda hard to follow along. I keep getting the feeling I must've missed something, but it turns out there just really hasn't been much worth talking about.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:45 am

Post by garbagetree »

Peers wrote:I forget if I've posted, but I've certainly been reading... the signal/noise ration in this thread is abnormally low, so it's kinda hard to follow along. I keep getting the feeling I must've missed something, but it turns out there just really hasn't been much worth talking about.
There are 18 pages of this game, which is a lot of a day one, and you can't find ANYTHING? This sticks me as a different version of "I'm so confused right now." It's a n excuse for not posting anything, and not encouraging for anything coming from you in the near future. Thanks for checking in.
vote: peers
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Peers »

Wow. Well, I know who I'm voting for in day two...
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount

Saint Freak (4) - ChronX, mcpaltp, Lemming1607, Porochaz,
Garnasha (4) - Peers, Battle Mage, Windshipper, 50poundsofbread
ChronX (1) - Saint Freak
Windshipper (1) - Tarhalindur
Waar (1) - Garnasha
KilGrey (1) - WomensRights
Tarhalindur (1) - Waar
Peers (1) - garbagetree
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:40 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Peers wrote:I forget if I've posted, but I've certainly been reading... the signal/noise ration in this thread is abnormally low, so it's kinda hard to follow along. I keep getting the feeling I must've missed something, but it turns out there just really hasn't been much worth talking about.
So, absolutely everything seems to lack any substance "worth talking about"? You have no opinion on anything that has happened?
Seriously?
Just a few pages ago I put forward a list of the current cases. What do you think about those?

I see two options if you truly have no opinion on anything whatsoever:
1. Scum trying to fly under the radar, or
2. so disinterested that you should request to be replaced.
If you continue to activly fail to contribute, I'll assume it's the first option and vote accordingly.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am

Post by WomensRights »

Peers wrote:Wow. Well, I know who I'm voting for in day two...
Any special reason why or is it just OMGUS?
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

You come out with how you're going to OMGUS him AND you don't think there's any meaningful discussion that you should talk about?

no opinions at all?

I don't think you should have the chance to OMGUS garbagetree

UNVOTE VOTE Peers
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Peers »

WomensRights wrote:
There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

Although given the responses, perhaps I should have said "I haven't found anything worth talking about since I cast my vote; everything important happened before that, everything since seems to have been childish banter about how boards are different and if suggesting a jester is scummy or not."
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon
Location: Somewhere between Oregon and Washington there lies a mystical land...

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by windshipper »

Peers wrote:
WomensRights wrote:
There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

Although given the responses, perhaps I should have said "I haven't found anything worth talking about since I cast my vote; everything important happened before that, everything since seems to have been childish banter about how boards are different and if suggesting a jester is scummy or not."
I just looked through your post history and you haven't done anything this game. You've spent the grand majority of it lurking and being uninvolved in anything going on. You voted for Garnasha on Thursday, unvoted him on Monday, and you're saying nothing has happened in this game during that time span? You had 2 posts ( http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 945#797945 and http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 496#800496 ) in that period of time and haven't weighed in on anything going on until just now, but that in itself wasn't much. I don't think you're scum, but I do think you're inattentive to the game and would appreciate it if you'd pick it up a little bit. I think that starts with keeping track of your own voting record.
Peers wrote: I haven't found anything worth talking about since I cast my vote;
Do you mean since you cast your vote on Thursday and where the thread is now, at 18 pages, with a good deal of discussion about who we find to be scummy and why? I uh...actually. I'm keeping my vote on Garnasha, but I am keeping an eye on you. You have 7 posts in the thread alone. None of them commenting on the game until this one.

And then you threaten to OMGUS vote?

Unvote Garnasha
Vote Peers
US Army: So easy a caveman could do it.
windshipper
windshipper
Goon
windshipper
Goon
Goon
Location: Somewhere between Oregon and Washington there lies a mystical land...

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by windshipper »

I ended that with a vote because as I was writing it, I did not think you were scum. I thought more on it and on your lack of activity and your threat to OMGUS, and I don't like the looks of it.
US Army: So easy a caveman could do it.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by WomensRights »

Peers wrote:
WomensRights wrote: There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

I don't think that was his post at all. He said:
garbagetree wrote: There are 18 pages of this game, which is a lot of a day one, and you can't find ANYTHING? This sticks me as a different version of "I'm so confused right now." It's a n excuse for not posting anything, and not encouraging for anything coming from you in the near future. Thanks for checking in.
Now I'm not seeing anything in there that says you're useless. What it says, really, is that you've been sitting back and sitting back and not saying anything and between your last post way back on Monday and your post today you can't find a single thing that stands out to you? Really? To me that says that either a) You've found your scumbuddies under suspicion and don't want to add to it or b) You don't want to be tied to anyone. And you know who doesn't want to be tied to anyone? Scum.

So you know what?

##unvote: Lazy/KilGrey
##vote: Peers

You trying to strawman his argument in to saying that he wanted to claim that you were useless to the town and that's why you were going to vote for him tomorrow is ridiculous. And you were called on it so you had to scramble for some crap reasoning.

Joking around and having fun is fine and good and all that, but when it comes to calling someone scummy or saying you're going to vote for them it's best to have some reasons behind it.
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by WomensRights »

Peers wrote:There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

I don't think that was his post at all. He said:
garbagetree wrote: There are 18 pages of this game, which is a lot of a day one, and you can't find ANYTHING? This sticks me as a different version of "I'm so confused right now." It's a n excuse for not posting anything, and not encouraging for anything coming from you in the near future. Thanks for checking in.
That's how the top part SHOULD read. Pretend it does that. Also pretend that I'm not retarded with the tags here on this board if you don't mind.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by garbagetree »

Peers wrote: There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

Actually the judgment that I made was that saying that you haven't seen anything to take about is a scum tell. It's just white noise so that the mod doesn't prod you or replace you. It doesn't help the town. I also heard a rumor that scum don't want to help the town, so I might have lept to conclusions at that point.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by garbagetree »

garbagetree wrote: Actually the judgment that I made was that saying that you haven't seen anything to take about is a scum tell. It's just white noise so that the mod doesn't prod you or replace you. It doesn't help the town. I also heard a rumor that scum don't want to help the town, so I might have lept to conclusions at that point.
But feel free to surprise me and post content, and or your thoughts. I would (and I assume other would) like to know what your thoughts are on the past 18 pages.
KilGrey
KilGrey
Townie
KilGrey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by KilGrey »

I’m sorry this has taken me so long. I’ve been having problems with the proxy I use to access the site and it wont list peoples posts together with the drop down menu at the bottom for me so I had to go through page by page to look at things if I have feelings about certain people. It’s made my note taking a bit more difficult. However I have persevered!

CKD I did think he over reacted a bit, however I want to hold that against him. I think it’s more he was a bit over whelmed by the new dynamic of us on the board and our different play style. It doesn’t mean I think he’s clear, as that’s not possible for anyone, but I don’t think he’s the scummiest person here. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on him as we al get acquainted and settle into a groove.

After reading and re-reading the thread the person who has stood out to me the most has been Tarhalindur. Taking a look at his post history, you’ll only see 4 posts.

Post one normal joke vote, we all do that right?
Tarhalindur wrote: Vote: CKD

MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE
However, he’s silent for awhile and then asks this of Peers:
Tarhalindur wrote: Comments on the CKD wagon?
Fishing for comments and ideas from people without offering any of his own. This isn’t the Tarhalindur show where he asks the questions and we answer. This is about town coming together to root out scum by putting out our ideas and our heads together. He doesn’t seem to care to give any input. Even calls it a bandwagon while he’s sitting at the head of the train with his vote.

He follows it up with this comment:
Tarlindur wrote: I thought that I had either unvoted or upgraded my vote from a random vote at some point, with explanation. Clearly I was wrong.

Unvote for now while I look over the wagon.
Total back pedal. Suddenly he decides he should now look over the bandwagon. Proving that the previous question/comment to Peers was without thoughts of his own. He didn’t neglect to include them, he just didn’t have any. Why would a townie not be thinking over a bandwagon? Especially when they have a vote still on there.

His 4th comment (and the first of only two that seems to have content):
Tarhalinder wrote: You know, there's a term out there that describes how you look when you try to appear not to have scummy intentions: scummy.

Seriously, actively trying not to appear scummy is one of the biggest scumtells in my book. You've just shot up on my scumdar - at the very least, I want to see how you react to some pressure.
Seeing as I’m Lazys replacement I’ve been trying to look over his past comments and figure him out. Since I’m not him I can’t explain for him and it’s only compounded with the fact I have no idea what the heck he was going on about. I sectioned of his comments and looked at them as a group and they seemed more newbish than anything. I can’t believe someone could be scum and act that scummy. I’m going to have to go with newb. In regard to Tars comment above, I see this as an opportunistic vote. Town people don’t want to look scummy either as that gets you lynched. It’s a post filled with fluff. He wants to see how Lazy reacts to pressue? He had already been under it. Not only that he cracked under it when WR applied just a little of it. Had Tar actively been paying attention, he would have seen that.

And is final post is this:
Tarhalindur wrote: Your use of the "he might be a Jester! argument just shot you to the top of my scumdar.

The possibility of a Jester completely irrelevant to us unless the Jester win ends the game (which generally isn't the case in large games). As long as the town fulfills its win condition, we don't care about whether a neutral gets to win with us - in fact, Jesters are typically enough of a distraction that it's in the town's interests to let them fulfill their win condition early on.

By way of contrast, the possibility of a Jester is relevant to the scum, since they can use that possibility to distract and confuse the town. More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself.

Unvote, Vote: Windshipper
I think Windshipper clearly explaind his position. He wasn’t randomly pulling ‘jester’ out of thin air. He’s metagamed that Saint Freak has been in games with him before and he’s never seen him act so outrageous. To be perfectly honest, I’ve been in three games with him before and I’m a bit weirded out by the way he’s been acting as well. I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say jester as I think we all are trying to find our footing here, but I hardly think Winds metagaming should shoot him to the top of your scumdar. I believe that this is again you trying to make content posts and blowing smaller comments up to more than they need to be. You have metagamed far more than Wind in this post with "More to the point, I've seen scum bring Jesters up so much recently that I currently consider it voteworthy by itself" as you've used it to drive your vote home. The 'weight' of your arguement is that Wind brought up a simple role due to his confusion about someone he usually knows as a level headed player and you've made a mountain out of a mole hill, in order to make yourself look like a strong player and contributing town member

So without further ado,
vote: Tarhalinder

For total lack of content with his first three posts, not paying attention and fishing for other peoples ideas/opinions without offering his own in the second one, back pedaling in the third comment, then his fluff filled opportunistic seeming vote in the fourth post and finally for his blowing things out of proportion to make people seem scummier than they are.
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

wow kilgrey...that's actually pretty damning.

UNVOTE
for now. I'm going to reread and then vote again
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Aimee »

vote: Peers

Planning way to the future = scummy
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 am

Post by ChronX »

Lemming1607 wrote:wow kilgrey...that's actually pretty damning.

UNVOTE
for now. I'm going to reread and then vote again
Lemming, I hope you come up with some new thoughts of your own during your reread. So far I notice that you have only met the Lazy bandwagon and not liked it. You've been in on CKD, Saint Freak, Peers wagons and now find a case made by Lazy's replacement to be pretty damning enough to unvote.

Your predecessor's entire contribution to the thread was...nothing. Your contribution to the thread has been....a lot of restatements of others' thoughts, some jokes that I take it are metagamey references to SA and a lot of rationalizing about how several of the people from SA are (to paraphrase) the Borg and think with one mind.

I've been quite busy at work this week, we are putting a new security vendor through the paces and my wen use has dwindled. However, I've kept up on the posts since my original vote on St Freak and while there have been some other noteworthy happenings including Peers tripping over his tongue, I believe St Freak's behavior which earned my vote and his antics after are enough to leave my vote right where it is.
Effectively done with MS
WomensRights
WomensRights
Townie
WomensRights
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 am

Post by WomensRights »

KilGrey after reading through your case on Tar I have to say that he had completely slipped under my radar until you said something about it. But when you lay out all of his posts like that, it does look pretty damning.

I'd like to hear his defense on the accusations before I make a decision on it though.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:59 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for it right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 am

Post by mcpaltp »

mcpaltp wrote:Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for
deadlines
right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
Fixed, doh.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 am

Post by cicero »

mcpaltp wrote:Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for it right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
Sorry, pushing for what?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:03 am

Post by mcpaltp »

gah! There was supposed to be a comma between great and Kilgrey! I think I've been staring at a computer screen for too long.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:07 am

Post by ChronX »

/ooc We ARE deadlined, McP. Its a long deadline, but even that is bucking the trend of how most games are set up here. I first started playing and GMing "werewolf" games at a site with 24 hour deadlines, so you can imagine MY level of frustration. But once a game gets past day 1, the level of play is much better here than at the other site so I withstand the pace.
Effectively done with MS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”