Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I didn't say we shouldn't lynch Sir T. I said that we shouldn't lynch him YET. I'm surprised at you being someone in favour of cutting discussion short.
And yet I didn't say we should lynch him or not, did I? DID I???
Exactly. Hence my suspicion of you.
Skruffy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I'm gonna make this very simply for you Skruffs. In your next post, i want you to tell me what YOUR thoughts of Sir T are. I dont want any 'JESTER? ROFLMAO' type of stuff. I want to know what you make of him. I mean, you don't think he is a Jester, and you dont appear to find him scummy, so i'm intrigued to see your explanation for his behaviour.
He appears to me to be pro-town. He is figuring out what his food does (instead of just using it willy nilly like jdodge) - he seems to have some sort of a pr (which I think has been discussed is less likely to make him scum, but doesn't rule it out), and while he has not been the best at hunting scum, he's NOT making incredibly .... thoughtless posts like "This is a scum, guys, but let's not lynch him because I don't want him to have the satisfaction of the doubt".
You seem to be quite sure he is scum, though - and in other games, your reasoning, though unorthodox (as mine is unorthodox) a lot of time is spot on the mark.

So why don't you explain why you think he is scum instead of trying to wifom the town into lynching, him, you, or both?
I must disagree. In my opinion, even comments like 'this guy is scum' with weak reasoning, are more helpful than 'i'm going to vote for these players, but i'm not going to say why'. Whatever you say, at least it gives an opinion. I dislike the disdain with which you seem to regard my posts, but you could well be right about my original statement arguing 2 opposite things. Jordan makes a valid point about Sir T seeming to try and push the Jester breadcrumb a little too hard. Nonetheless, i fail to comprehend your stance atm. I've seen you play many games in the past, and your behaviour here is completely inexplicable. Normally you are a player who posts fairly prolifically, and provides lots of good analysis, and when town, gives mostly unbiased accounts of situations. Now, i am really strugging to understand your play with regard to Sir T here. The Skruffs i know would be at the very least, criticising his unwillingness to actually contribute. This isn't even a case of whether you find him scummy or not-it is the fact that you seem content with his total deliberate lack of reasoning.
FoS: Skruffs

Skruffy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Much as it is nice to catch someone in the act of fabricating a case out of nothing, i would like to hear some opinions on something else from you-a topic which you have been deliberately avoiding. Sir T.
I have not been avoiding it. I have simply been keeping my attention on you - something you are tryign desperately to shift, without getting yourself into more trouble. What made you feel the need to both discredit sir t and 'defend' him at the same time?
I dont consider it a case of simultaneously attacking and defending him. I was looking at the options, and still, i see absolutely no way that Sir T can be simply innocent town. Again, i'm having problems with you though. I mean, tell me if i'm totally wrong here, but usually you cast the net fairly wide, but here, you are acting really tunnel-visioned. It is very peculiar...
Oh and don't think i didnt notice the appeal to emotion. :P
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I don't even recall Jordan suggesting Jester first, but again, assuming you have your facts straight, you won't be opposed to showing me?
Sure.
The beginning of the Jester debate
Jordan states it first, you tag along. You echoed his thoughts in post 262.
LIES. I originally suggested the possibility of a Jester in post 226, as Jordan pointed out a few posts ago i believe. Not that i really see the significance of that point either way, it still begs the question, whats with the misrepresentation?
Skruffy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: I don't entirely understand your last paragraph. One minute you accuse me of pushing Sir T too hard, and the next you suggest that i'm somehow DEFENDING HIM? rofl.
"Sir T is scum, but let's not lynch him."
That's what you said, BM. Telling town not to lynch someone is.. .defending them, right?
I think we established about a page ago that my meaning here was that we don't quicklynch Sir T immediately. Note to Skruffs: Please Read Context. :roll:
In any case, i'm not sure how you can consider defending Sir T a scumtell, when you are perhaps the most guilty player of that here atm.
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I'd say this is a good example of distancing from reality, Skruffs, because i'd be inclined to say that it was your non-commitalness with regard to Sir T, and pushing of a counter-wagon, really fits the description of defence.
How so? You are saying that by paying attention to your scum tells, I was being non-committal to Sir T?
How am I noncommittal when you first say "Sir T is scum, let's not lynch him" and then say "Skruffs if you think he's scum why aren't you lynching him?"
Just admit it, BM, you screwed up, and you got caught. It's okay. You've said yourself you're not playing this game too well.
Oh christ. Skruffs flaming? Now i KNOW something is up. :roll:
My view was, Sir T was either scum or jester. Period. You come along and attack the Jester argument, but neglect to make any comment on the allegation of him being scum. That's non-commital. The quotes of mine you have selected above don't prove anything. They do suggest that your BS attack on me is partially OMGUS based, but w/e.

What will make me laugh a hella lot, is if you are town. :lol:
You seem so excited at the possibility of catching me as scum, that you actually went as far as to make a case out of thin-air, in the hope of playing on the fact that i always look scummy, and getting a lynch. Guess what, kid? It's not your lucky day. You can continue to push a lynch on me if you want, but when i die and come up town, you're next in line fo sure. :)
You still haven't even successfully managed to explain what about my play looks scummy to you, other than my comments about the Jester.
Skruffy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Oh and i should note, as i end up saying in every game it seems, Jesters are not as unlikely as some people would have you believe. If you'd been in as many games with Jesters as me, you would probably be wary of them as well.
Telling totwn day one in a game where there may or may not be nightkills to not lynch someone YOU FEEL is scumym because they may be a jester... is... far fetched reasoning, even for you, BM. Yes, flavor wise, a jester would fit in nicely, but the game-equivalent would be a 'quick-n-easy day one lynch' by the mod, who is rewarded by 'winning' for himself for helping start up the game.
Why would there not be nightkills? Do you know something that we don't?
Because from where i'm sitting, i can't see any reason why we wouldn't have NK's in this game. Again, please explain yourself. When i find the planet you are coming from, i'll respond to the rest of this.
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Anyway, i eagerly await your responses-custard pie in hand.

BM
You are threatening me for pointing out scum tells? When you know that I could very easily be lynched? Okie dokie. I'm just glad I got the chance to publicly note this.

BTW - BM - Are you getting ready to pie me because you think I'm scum or because I'm analyzing you?
If you think I am scum, please post an analysis before you throw that pie. I know you've noticed that I am 'tender', so if you are looking for a quick and easy way to dump a pie on me, (which sounds like it would be extremely messy and thus more likely to lynch me), I would expect you to post a good spate of reasoning first.

I am very curious about SHadowLurker myself. HE got wagoned early, complained, stated he only had 'five items' in his lunch box, and then disappeared.

Expect another post soon after this one - I am going to continue reading after BM's post now.
[/quote]

ROFL. Threatening you for pointing out scumtells? you and your ego need to get a room, matey. :shock:
On the topic of scumtells though, one very real scumtell that is worth noting is how obviously scared Skruffs is of me launching a pie at him. :lol:
Again, if he was reading the game, he would see that the odds of me actually having that pie are very very slim. you are 'tender'? lol
only in an argument it seems. I think there is plenty enough reason to lynch you atm, but i'm going to wait for other comments first. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE SCUM. It just means that i want to see what others think of you, before i throw.

Mod
, if these quotes fail (as they inevitably will) please fix them.

Everyone
, please tell me what you think of Skruffs atm. I'd especially like to hear from those of you who can meta-game him.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:sir T - what the hell is "The Diet"???
Why would it matter?

BM - more deflection in post 324.
If by deflection, you mean responding to Sir T's incredibly unhelpful requests, then yes, i am guilty as charged.

327 - Sirtornado's post just doesn't make sense. What are you fishing for?
Cover Sir Tornado in gasoline and set him on fire
(Not real) (FoS)
You seem surprised?
:roll:

338 - (Jordan) - Hrrmr, missed that. That makes you look a little better, but I still don't like that string cheese you threw at me. Also - This reminds me of Tarhalindnur's post where he said there were people trying to take over the school.
OMGUS much?

341- Really? My lunch replenishes itself. And I'm pretty sure the school cafeteria wouldn't sell prunes. How old are you?
And to think you accused Sir T of fishing...
Hypocrite.

342- Erg0. Woo. Thanks, you simplified that for me.
Yeh, the post by Erg0 made sense, but it ignored the fact that i didn't say you were defending Sir T because of the Jester argument, i said that your attacking of me, and total ignorance of Sir T showed a strong defence of him.

Vote count, BM is much further up than he was. Odd -
MOD : Is there a delay before damage is accessed ?
Oh wait, wasabi. Ouch. K.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thats weak. I mean, usually, if a game has no nightkills, the clue would be in the title of the game, which would almost certainly feature the word:
NIGHTLESS

The whole concept of night/day in mafia is that the Mafia has supremacy at night, and the town must fight back during the day. I dont quite know what you suppose would happen at Night if there were no NK's...
Little need for a Doc or Roleblocker. A cop would unbalance the game in favour of the town. Oh yeh, and the issue of us simply being able to break the game by No-Lynching until we got guilty's on the scum.

This post is a minefield of inconsistency and backtracking.

Post 349 supports the paranoid, over-defensive scumbag theory for Skruffs.

BM

*Oh yeah, sorry about the triple post. :P
Skruffs wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Skruffs, do you seriously think this game might not have nightkills? Or are you just stating a hypothetical?
I don't seriously think it, no. I have no idea one way or another. All I "actually" know about this game (From post 1) is "We're night. Most of you are sleeping, some of you are scheming and gossiping. No night actions tonight, but those that are allowed to talk, can! ", for whatever that means. With 23 players, there almost HAS to be another way to eliminate players from the game other than by lynching, or else this game will go on for a very, *very* long time. I was going to say that nobody died n0, but apparently no nightactions were allowed n0, so that explains that. So I'm not *Quite* as ready to think there are no nightkills, actually, I'm pretty sure there ARE if nightactions weren't allowed.

I just noticed something while trolling through the first post looking for any indications of 'nightkills'.
There are two questions about "Bad Behavior Notes". One is saying that there is a private tally of bad behavior notes, that some players can give them out, and that others can lose them.

Considering that the "Alive list" is "Still Enrolled" and not "Still Alive" or something, I am going to assume that, maybe, bad behavior notes are like an independant, night-based 'food fight' - and that if someone gets 'enough' of them they are eliminated.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 am

Post by JDodge »

This seems consistent with Skruffs' playstyle
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 am

Post by JDodge »

Although thinking about it, I suppose it's not quite as consistent with Skruffs-town, but I have seen Skruffs playing like this recently. It could mean that my meta is just outdated.

Either way I don't see the case on him.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

JDodge wrote:Although thinking about it, I suppose it's not quite as consistent with Skruffs-town, but I have seen Skruffs playing like this recently. It could mean that my meta is just outdated.

ok. please can you link me to the game in which you saw him recently play this way?
Oh and also, i'd appreciate it if you commented on the scumtells that i listed which Skruffs committed in my posts on this page.

thanks,
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:03 am

Post by JDodge »

Battle Mage wrote:
JDodge wrote:Although thinking about it, I suppose it's not quite as consistent with Skruffs-town, but I have seen Skruffs playing like this recently. It could mean that my meta is just outdated.

ok. please can you link me to the game in which you saw him recently play this way?
Oh and also, i'd appreciate it if you commented on the scumtells that i listed which Skruffs committed in my posts on this page.

thanks,
BM
Can't, ongoing

I'll do it later
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

understood. can you at least tell us whether Skruffs' affiliation in that game has been revealed yet?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote: And yet I didn't say we should lynch him or not, did I? DID I???
Exactly. Hence my suspicion of you.
Why is it suspicious that I do not know (like you seem to know) that Sir T is scum?

Your entire post is designed (like your original two posts were) to push attention off of Sir Tornado and onto someone else. Even in this post, you are trying to tie me to him, but you have pretty much dropped him from your line of query. You are ready to throw a pie at me, but you do not want anything thrown at him.

Everything else is basically the traditional BM-centered posting I have grown to recognize you by. Saying I am inexplicable, I don't know what to say to that. Lots of times people say "Skruffs isn't playing like he normally does", so I would think that if I am playing in a way you think 'isn't normal', then I am playing 'normally'. I mean, that's just *me* talking, though.

But if you want to say I am not playing like I normally do, can you please post a game where you as town was 'afraid of being humiliated' for making a mistake?

If you want to see games I have played oddly in and been accused for playing oddly, check out Cats Mafia, Calvin & Hobbes, Mafia 61.
Rememebr mafia 61, where after I had cleared myself twice you still thought I was scum? Are you sure your "Skruffy scumomater' is calibrated correctly? So far, batting 0.

I was mafia in Mostly Mute Haiku mafia and Wolves mafia (town win).

Are you now saying that I am insisting this is a nightless game? And accusing me of misrepresentation?

Your red quoted post:
324 And why would you write off something called "The Diet" in a game that is about throwing FOOD around? Diet = restriction of food.
And no, I mean saying "I win when you are dead" instead of answering his quesetion. Of course, he's as likely to be fishing as you are to be balking.

327 - BM centric response...

338 - what is OMGUS for being hit with food for a nonreason? wouldn't it have been OMGUS if i had returned fire? You're so eager to paint me in a bad light you are latching onto everything without even comprehending what you are doing.

341- Prune = good for moving the bowels if you are old. Not used for kids much. Hesitance to state your age. Oh and BTW, scumhunting is NOT FISHING. Get your priorities straight, plz.

342- Wow. "i said that your attacking of me, and total ignorance of Sir T showed a strong defence of him. " ANd yet my attack on you is based entirely on your defense of me. And guess what? you're attacking me. ^.^

And you didn't answer my

BM is basically trying to find a reason, any reason, to launch a big food thing at a known-to-be-weak person. Fortunately, his eagerness is offset by his lack of ground in which to justify it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

I just don't see how BM's opinions and actions combined together can equal 'good guy'. Saying one person is scum (but a jester), watrning people to ignore/leave that player alone, then attacking someone else who seems critical of the suggestion, and then later trying to implicate that the second person is tied with the first, as well as threatening to (perhaps) preemptively lynch someone single handedlyl before the rest of the town has had a chance to weigh in, NONE of these things seem pro-town. Even if he THINKS I am scum, he's basing my scumminess on someone else, who's role hasn't even been revealed yet, and who he doesn't WANT To be revealed,'s scumminess. Presumably he gets me lynched and then uses my pro-town result to discredit the case on Sir Tornado tomorrow, all the while being fake-suspicious of him.

And you never replied to the whole "When have you ever cared about being humiliated as town" question, that i have seen.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it isn't. what IS suspicious is the fact that you don't seem to care either way.
lol again with the pie phobia. are you allergic to pastry or something?
seriously, get a grip. I have already thrown several things at Sir T, and as far as i recall, nothing yet has come your way from my lunchbox.

So am i to guess from your comments that you think i am defending Sir T because we are scumbuddies? or is there another scenario that you would like to fabricate in which SirT and you are both town, and i am the big bad wolf? :roll:

Yep, i'll gladly post a completed game that fits that description. gimme a sec and i'll get the link.

yeh i remember Mafia 61, but your play there wasnt as scummy as it is here. And that is saying something. Besides, you can hardly act high and mighty-you have failed to read me more times than you have been correct. lol

I have to go out now, but i'll get the link, and respond to the rest in the morning.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 64&start=0

^SPAG's Mini game-Speed Mafia.

I'll probably be able to find other examples tomorrow if necessary.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:34 am

Post by JDodge »

Battle Mage wrote:understood. can you at least tell us whether Skruffs' affiliation in that game has been revealed yet?
no
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

I have no idea what Sir T is. you accuse him of being a jester - I took interest in why you would suggest someone is a jester over scum in your eyes, and ever since you have been trying to say me and sir t are in cahoots. Who's the paranoid one?

and sorry if i am acting 'high and mighty', i promise you most of it is just inwards groaning. It's not meant to be condescending. Once you think someone is scum, you tend to ignore anything else in the game and focus on that person being scum, no matter what else happens. Except in Sir T's case, you've moved off of him and are focusing on me, instead. I'm surprised you haven't suggested that I was trying to eliminate the chances of him being a jester because 'i really know he's a townie and want him to be lynched'.

piephobia?
I'm at 11% from two things that should have done (if similar to my own) about 1% damage each. JDodg'e s bottle did something like 20% to yama, so I am willing to bet your pie would do something like 60% to me. If not more.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:50 am

Post by skitzer »

I feel that Yamahako has been throwing way too much food for comfort.

I figuring on a normal person, peas and M&Ms will do the same damage, so in that case

Pelt Yamahako with a M&M
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Yamahako »

skitzer wrote:I feel that Yamahako has been throwing way too much food for comfort.

I figuring on a normal person, peas and M&Ms will do the same damage, so in that case

Pelt Yamahako with a M&M
Another person who is looking to justify throwing food without actually paying attention to the state of the game.

16 peas to Tar with no effect says something different.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 am

Post by skitzer »

I just felt that your over-eagerness is unneeded.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Erg0 »

Battle Mage wrote:[quote="Skruffs]342- Erg0. Woo. Thanks, you simplified that for me.
Yeh, the post by Erg0 made sense, but it ignored the fact that i didn't say you were defending Sir T because of the Jester argument, i said that your attacking of me, and total ignorance of Sir T showed a strong defence of him.
[/quote]

Actually, you're pretty inconsistent on this point. The statement that I was picking up on was this one:
BM (Post 280) wrote:If you dont think Sir T is a Jester, why have you not cast your food at him?
I'm getting defensive scumbuddy vibes here.
[/quote]

As I said above, if Skruffs and Sir T were scumbuddies then "he's not a jester" would be bussing rather than a defence.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:47 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Sorry for not posting in a while, I haven't been able to even get on MS and I'll just be making my observations as I read in this post.
the silent speaker wrote:I don't think I've posted yet. That's because I don't want to use up my food before I have a good sense of where I want it to stay thrown, but I am here and reading.
X

Not wanting to draw attention is a great scum strategy this game.
Battle Mage wrote:OMFG. Pay attention please!
Call me the dumbest f*er in the world, but i get the strong impression that THE FOOD YAMAHAKO IS 'THROWING' IS
NOT REAL
. He's testing for reactions, which i've been doing myself, and it is NOT scummy.

HoS: Blight and Jdodge
for opportunism.

BM
Wait so JDodge giving warning that he is going to fling food at the next person who does shit for no reason and then following up on it is opportunism? And you can conclude that Yam,ahako is claiming food that's nonexistant and then throwing it?

Not too suspicious of skitzer for his posts, I played with him in a newbie game and his behavior so far isn't too different.

PEG going after people for not reading the thread is not only redundant but appears to be trying to appear as helping actually helping.

Yamahako is contradicting himself so much it's ridiculous. Looking at Post 224, he cautions against exhausting our food reserves but then says we need to throw our foods. He says we would be leaving ourselves open to Mafia, yet damaging random people isn't leaving us open to mafia?

The speed at which Gorrad turned himself around and latched on to Yamahako is interesting.

The Jester line of thought is retarded.

Battle Mage says we shouldn't throw food at a Mafia/Jester and is able to conclude SirT is certainly not town. I'm trying to figure out if BM is pulling this out of his ass or honestly believes this. On further thought, it's more likely that this is just done to get us distracted and to discuss the setup.

In looking at the player list, ckillor, Nightfall, Bamboomancer, and the silent speaker have been way too under the radar. With a mechanic like this in which lurking is even more helpful, I would bet there is at least two scum in that group.

Top of my suspicions: ckillor, Nightfall, Bamboomancer, the silent speaker, Battle Mage
Middle: Gorrad, Yamahako, Pickemgenius

Also, I will have Limited Access over the next few days.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by VitaminR »

ShadowLurker wrote:Not too suspicious of skitzer for his posts, I played with him in a newbie game and his behavior so far isn't too different.

PEG going after people for not reading the thread is not only redundant but appears to be trying to appear as helping actually helping.

The speed at which Gorrad turned himself around and latched on to Yamahako is interesting.

The Jester line of thought is retarded.

Battle Mage says we shouldn't throw food at a Mafia/Jester and is able to conclude SirT is certainly not town. I'm trying to figure out if BM is pulling this out of his ass or honestly believes this. On further thought, it's more likely that this is just done to get us distracted and to discuss the setup.
This all strikes me as valuable and I agree with it.

This conclusion seems premature, though:
ShadowLurker wrote:In looking at the player list, ckillor, Nightfall, Bamboomancer, and the silent speaker have been way too under the radar. With a mechanic like this in which lurking is even more helpful, I would bet there is at least two scum in that group.
I too have seen Skruffs play like this when town (C&H, for instance).
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I didnt know that being unsure about someones alignment was a scumtell. Reading Sir T's play, Jester was the logical conclusion, if you credit him with any intelligence whatsoever. But now i'm less sure about Sir T-scum, mainly due to the post from the Mod, which seemed to suggest that Sir T was genuine town. So now i'm looking at the others with strange behaviour-and you are top of my list. Regardless of what Sir T is, your play has been off, and whether you like it or not, you know i'm not the sort of person to sit back and keep quiet if i notice something i think is scummy. Hell, maybe i'm making a bad read again, but i've learnt that there is little way to avoid making mistakes on the way if you hope to hit scum.
Again, i see the fact that you are caught off-guard by my change of attack as a scumtell. I've genuinely never seen you so over-defensive before, even in games where you got pretty emotive.

If you have legitimate concerns, i'll say it one more time:
Changing your opinion is not necessarily scummy. Personally i'd rather see someone cast the net wide, than see someone blatantly playing for consistency points by taking a tunnel-visioned approach to the game.

And this, i am only going to say once.

I
DO NOT HAVE
A ****ING PIE!!!!!!!

BM

Skruffs wrote:I have no idea what Sir T is. you accuse him of being a jester - I took interest in why you would suggest someone is a jester over scum in your eyes, and ever since you have been trying to say me and sir t are in cahoots. Who's the paranoid one?

and sorry if i am acting 'high and mighty', i promise you most of it is just inwards groaning. It's not meant to be condescending. Once you think someone is scum, you tend to ignore anything else in the game and focus on that person being scum, no matter what else happens. Except in Sir T's case, you've moved off of him and are focusing on me, instead. I'm surprised you haven't suggested that I was trying to eliminate the chances of him being a jester because 'i really know he's a townie and want him to be lynched'.

piephobia?
I'm at 11% from two things that should have done (if similar to my own) about 1% damage each. JDodg'e s bottle did something like 20% to yama, so I am willing to bet your pie would do something like 60% to me. If not more.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Skruffs, BM, why are you assuming I am scum and accusing each other of being my scumbuddies? Do you actually have any sort of case against me?

伊万里
I'm back!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Sir Tornado wrote:Skruffs, BM, why are you assuming I am scum and accusing each other of being my scumbuddies? Do you actually have any sort of case against me?

伊万里
Err, if you read my last post, you would see that i'm no longer assuming anything.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by Aimee »

Aimee wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Nightfall wrote:Why are we going after Shadow (or anyone else for that mater) anyways?
Because it's fun to throw things at him.

But seriously, how else are we going to get the game started? It's a bit like a random vote stage at the start of the game, only we have limited votes per day, so it will be slightly shorter.
How about discussing the mechanics instead of wasting LIMITED votes? For all we know, that damage could carry over from day to day. How helpful is randomly chucking things seems pretty helpful the mafia then especially in endgame situations? I don't know how big your lunchboxes are but mine is smaller than 5 items and I'm pretty sure if we throw our food idiotically at this rate, when there is actually someone worth lynching or by the time we start noticing people are lurking, we're going to be screwed.

fos skitzer
Um, why aren't you FoSing Jordan too?
Shadowlurker
: you just posted and ignored this ([/i]again[/i]). Why? :?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Sir T, I don't believe I assumed you were scum or his scum buddy. my sole intention was to call out my disbelief in BM's thought process.

And BM - Don't say you don't have a pie like it should be obvious to me what you have and don't have.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”