New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 4098, Egg wrote:Cy, can you tell me why you're sure there are three scum left?
OK, sure, and after that I'll aim to answer PM's question on defence against him.

Anyhow, I believe that we're in mylo rn. As of yet, in a game with 21 players, only one person has flipped scum and another the serial killer. Obviously, there is at least one scum left, and only one faction of scum left, as there was only one kill tonight. We cannot have four or greater as the game would have ended in scum victory, meaning there's either 1, 2, or 3 scum left. With Titus' role (on even nights), and an odd night rolestopper, it seems unlikely there were only 2 scum, or it would seem rather unbalanced, making me believe there is 2 or 3 left. 2 left also feels like it's unbalanced. That being said, even if there were only 2 scum left, we should still treat this as a mylo, which would make our votes more cautious and it forces us to try and piece together roles to find the remaining scum. Does that answer your question?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 4095, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So now we are in a holding pattern so ProjectMatt can provide content. I need to find a cool helicopter reaction pic ..
Lol, this looks like a lame excuse to not provide content. How are you guys being put in a holding pattern by me needing 24 hours to post content? We have 8 days until the deadline. It's an incredibly stupid idea to lynch so soon, even if we had a confirmed mafia. The idea is that more discussion leads to a lot more stuff to analyze/better reads.

A few things:

Egg is obviously, blatantly scum. I'm leaning him being partnered with Magna because of this post:
In post 4041, Egg wrote:
In post 4015, zakk wrote:
In post 4012, Egg wrote:No. I don't do that.
who do you think is scum.
My best guess is Magna but my confidence is pretty shattered in this game.

In which he awkwardly tries to bus Magna but in a way that's non-committal so that he doesn't actually have to vote -for- Magna.

There's also this gem from yesterday:
In post 3830, Egg wrote:Damn, why am I still alive =(

I kinda wanna lynch Magna but my reads have been shit.
Which makes a Magna pairing even more likely because he is once again awkwardly suspecting Magna without even remotely needing to commit.

Also, Magna's really terrible push on Copper that I initially read as town v town makes a lot more sense now if it was town vs scum.

The scum-team is still Liger, Magna, and Egg, because my townread on Zakk hasn't waivered.

I'm amused but frustrated that the majority of people now attacking me are people who haven't had scumreads on me for pretty much the entire game. I think it's because on days like this, it becomes a lot harder to attack the "big players" like Magna or even Egg, but I'm p. sure that the scumteam is those three. (assuming that we have 3 scum, anyway).

I wanna talk this stuff out with some of you guys.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok. Why is Zakk town? He's been pushing on townies forever (not just me).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:
In post 4095, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So now we are in a holding pattern so ProjectMatt can provide content. I need to find a cool helicopter reaction pic ..
Lol, this looks like a lame excuse to not provide content. How are you guys being put in a holding pattern by me needing 24 hours to post content? We have 8 days until the deadline. It's an incredibly stupid idea to lynch so soon, even if we had a confirmed mafia. The idea is that more discussion leads to a lot more stuff to analyze/better reads.
it certainly does look like that. because that's exactly what it is
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:A few things:

Egg is obviously, blatantly scum.
i disagree, i only have him as scum due to PoE (if not for neighborhood i'd have you liger and magna). why is egg blatantly scum?
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:I'm leaning him being partnered with Magna because of this post:
In post 4041, Egg wrote:
In post 4015, zakk wrote:
In post 4012, Egg wrote:No. I don't do that.
who do you think is scum.
My best guess is Magna but my confidence is pretty shattered in this game.
In which he awkwardly tries to bus Magna but in a way that's non-committal so that he doesn't actually have to vote -for- Magna.
interpretation is 9/10... etc.

i would expect a non-involved townie to have that exact train of thought

i'd also expect some reasons he suspected magna though, so there's that
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:There's also this gem from yesterday:
In post 3830, Egg wrote:Damn, why am I still alive =(

I kinda wanna lynch Magna but my reads have been shit.
Which makes a Magna pairing even more likely because he is once again awkwardly suspecting Magna without even remotely needing to commit.
i see it. i feel it. but even though i think this is right, i think you're ALL trying to distance from each other so that no matter who dies, if it's one of you three, tomorrow will be even more confusing.

your only play at this point is to try to throw a wrench into people's reads solidifying.
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:Also, Magna's really terrible push on Copper that I initially read as town v town makes a lot more sense now if it was town vs scum.
hindsight's always 20/20, and this is null. this is just you distancing more.
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:The scum-team is still Liger, Magna, and Egg, because my townread on Zakk hasn't waivered.
if liger and magna are together on the same scum team i'll be a monkey's uncle

putting 2 scum in the neighborhood would be incredibly unlikely, and i would never do it as a mod

it's either liger or magna, and i would much rather lynch magna.
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:I'm amused but frustrated that the majority of people now attacking me are people who haven't had scumreads on me for pretty much the entire game. I think it's because on days like this, it becomes a lot harder to attack the "big players" like Magna or even Egg, but I'm p. sure that the scumteam is those three. (assuming that we have 3 scum, anyway).
are you willing to vote magna?
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:I wanna talk this stuff out with some of you guys.
this is what i like to hear

sure, let's talk. please respond to this post.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 4102, Titus wrote:Ok. Why is Zakk town? He's been pushing on townies forever (not just me).
bc i'm town.

also, i push on everyone, and you know this.

ALSO, i have been exceptionally wrong this game and i admit that freely

but i am really sure i'm not wrong now

if you and cy are both town, then it literally HAS to be projectmatt, magna, and egg.

i mean yeah there's a chance of liger instead of magna but i really don't believe that

1. given magna's relative inactivity throughout the game and now his intense activity whenever he's threatened/challenged
2. given magna's hard-ass push on shaziro yesterday with the epically awesome case that was so good it just made me say "me too"
3. given magna's pushing on me as scum now when for the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME he has just been calling me crazy/stupid
4. given magna's title

and i think there's literally a ZERO chance that magna and liger are both scum

and magna being active today (and liger replacing out) basically SCREAMS magna scum over liger

i suppose i should say creature, not liger. sorry creature.

so i can see that from your point of view (if you're town, which i choose to believe, because if not, we're dead anyway, because you're never getting lynched with that claim, and i will be the first one to defend you tbh):

zakk/projectmatt/egg/creature/magnaofillusion

that's a 60% chance of hitting scum

well, remove ONE OF magna or creature, and it becomes a 75% chance of hitting scum.
but you don't know which one to remove, since they are basically equal to you.

but i know my alignment. so scratch one off for me.

so my point of view is:

magna has been smearing me as dumb ALL game and is now trying to set me up for a mislynch, but is not voting me, OR projectmatt. he wants to convince people to vote me before he does

also liger in hindsight now seems much townier than magna did PLUS creature also seems pretty town (though i agree that could be easy to fake if you were good enough, but whatever it looks real enough to me, and it just feels right, AND magna just seems scummy as all hell today)

so:

projectmatt-egg-magna >>> projectmatt-egg-creature >>>>>> magna-creature-???

there's like literally only one option.

and i'm increasingly willing to lynch magna first.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 4100, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 4098, Egg wrote:Cy, can you tell me why you're sure there are three scum left?
OK, sure, and after that I'll aim to answer PM's question on defence against him.

Anyhow, I believe that we're in mylo rn. As of yet, in a game with 21 players, only one person has flipped scum and another the serial killer. Obviously, there is at least one scum left, and only one faction of scum left, as there was only one kill tonight. We cannot have four or greater as the game would have ended in scum victory, meaning there's either 1, 2, or 3 scum left. With Titus' role (on even nights), and an odd night rolestopper, it seems unlikely there were only 2 scum, or it would seem rather unbalanced, making me believe there is 2 or 3 left. 2 left also feels like it's unbalanced. That being said, even if there were only 2 scum left, we should still treat this as a mylo, which would make our votes more cautious and it forces us to try and piece together roles to find the remaining scum. Does that answer your question?
also i have considered and discarded the idea that we might no-lynch today

doing so would mean we hoped for one more VT result from Titus from one of the VTs, and narrow down the lynch pool by culling one that the scum might kill.

however, it would ACTUALLY result in Nahdia being killed, or cy, or titus, but i doubt they would kill one of the VTs to help us (plus they probably just block titus anyway)

so that idea is worthless.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by zakk »

damn where is everyone.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Titus »

@Zakk, Can you shut up and let me process? We won that mini.

I will look at the votes. We will win.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by Nahdia »

im waiting on you. sarahkerrigan . mp3
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:54 am

Post by Egg »

Cy, so you are sure Titus is town? Why can't she be a scum role cop for example?

Projectmatt, wanna help me bus Magna then if he's my buddy?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:54 am

Post by Egg »

Cy, so you are sure Titus is town? Why can't she be a scum role cop for example?

Projectmatt, wanna help me bus Magna then if he's my buddy?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Creature »

We don't need to nolynch.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Creature »

In post 4104, zakk wrote:zakk/projectmatt/egg/creature/magnaofillusion

Shouldn't we try to choose the most obvious/safe option then?
Sigh
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So given the results of the last page I’m satisfied with my initial VCA reading of Project and zakk as scum. Egg seems like someone unable to read his role PM given he is buddying up to Matt.

zakk literally has been angling to see if he can push a mislynch on me over his partner Matt since I called him out today. Notice his backpedal earlier when it didn’t look like there was thread support for my mislynch. Now you get two voices and suddenly – WHAM – zakk is back on the ‘lynch me’ train. If zakk isn’t scum he’s one of the worst Town players I’ve ever come across who isn’t a VI.
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:Lol, this looks like a lame excuse to not provide content. How are you guys being put in a holding pattern by me needing 24 hours to post content? We have 8 days until the deadline. It's an incredibly stupid idea to lynch so soon, even if we had a confirmed mafia. The idea is that more discussion leads to a lot more stuff to analyze/better reads.
Scum not reading the thread. I’ve already posted tons of scum-hunting content today. Who I think is scum is absolutely clear and concisely presented. Yet Matt is looking for things he thinks he can portray as scummy as opposed to actually scum-hunting.

The last part is “Don’t lynch me we have time for my partners to engineer a counter-wagon to save my scummy ass”
In post 4101, projectmatt wrote:The scum-team is still Liger, Magna, and Egg, because my townread on Zakk hasn't waivered.
And if you had any doubts of Matt as scum – here is the smoking gun. The scum team contains Liger and myself. His theory is that scum had TWO neighbors of 4 to start the game. His Town read on zakk with no actual reasoning behind it seals it for me.

VOTE: ProjectMatt
In post 4104, zakk wrote:bc i'm town.
Nope but thanks for trying.
In post 4104, zakk wrote:1. given magna's relative inactivity throughout the game and now his intense activity whenever he's threatened/challenged
2. given magna's hard-ass push on shaziro yesterday with the epically awesome case that was so good it just made me say "me too"
3. given magna's pushing on me as scum now when for the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME he has just been calling me crazy/stupid
4. given magna's title
1. I’m hardly inactive and your attempts to portray that I am comes from scum.

My post count – 150
Liger’s + Creature’s? 88 (and 25% of that is Creature since replacing in). Matt’s? 87 Egg’s? 114

Yup, scum OMGUSing and stretching for anything they think they can use to paint me as scum.

2. The good point here is your jump on at the last minute – scum wanted to keep the Serial Killer around to kill confirmed Town and make the game a lock loss for Town. You hemmed and hawed trying to giveShaz every chance to escape the noose. And then when you knew it was inevitable hammered so you didn’t get painted as obv-scum. And now you are trying to use the lynch of a Serial Killer as a scum-tell. So obviously scummy.

3. Look, it’s OMGUS.

4. Scum tell 101. zakk is absolutely scum as the only people who ever bring this up are scum who are desperate to find things they think they can paint as scummy.

It could not be more clear.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:22 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

OK, can we not vote PM just yet??

Imma try to do some town stuff after class today, but can we just not right now???

Today's supposed to be about finding the other scum, and we're doing a good job, but we can't end it yet.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4112, Creature wrote:

When the lynchpool agrees on itself, that's a suggested problem.

Pretty sure the proper play is lynch pM, lynch Magna, and then have the last two towns try to agree on who to lynch in Egg/Zakk.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:34 am

Post by zakk »

In post 4115, Titus wrote:
In post 4112, Creature wrote:

When the lynchpool agrees on itself, that's a suggested problem.

Pretty sure the proper play is lynch pM, lynch Magna, and then have the last two towns try to agree on who to lynch in Egg/Zakk.
I don't suppose me agreeing with this will help lol... But I do agree!

Intent to vote/hammer pmatt...

After you, Titus !
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not taking 3 hours to color up what my vca already knows.

Zakk may be scum because we agree. ;)

VOTE: PM[/vote\
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: PM
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:29 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Pitty, I wanted to hammer, but Zakk called it first :/

If I survive, I call next hammer~
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Titus »

Conftown has hammer if contested lynch. Always.

Unfortunately, you will likely die because conftown and I will live because of my uncertainty.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Shit than. Sorry Zakk :T

STOP! Hammer time!

VOTE: ProjectMatt
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

good luck guys
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

(assuming the game didn't just end)

-Zaphkael, 2020
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 5.2

The Glowworm Caves in New Zealand!

projectmatt (5) - Nahdia, Creature, MagnaOfIllusion, Titus, cytheflyguy

Not voting (3) - projectmatt, Egg, zakk

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch someone.

zakk is V/LA until July 13.

(expired on 2016-07-21 20:08:00) remain until day end.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”