Mini 518: Underground Mafia, The Nightmare is Over!

Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 am

Post by Mexal »

Honestly, I don't care anymore. It's day 1. Just lynch someone so we can move on with the game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:56 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

GunslingerKB wrote:Oh yeah...it was kinda mixed in, but bolded, I unvoted at the end of page 18.

I have to say that I agree with all of Mexals and Jitsus posts on this page about Anata being the lynch for today. If we let a replacement jump in, if they are anything like Mexal they could, as he said, just spin right out of it.

And , i too agree this day is probably only stalling at this point. I also dont see too much harm in this, as it seems that most people are okay with it.

Vote: Anata
why dont you form your own opinion?...this seems like scum, who is trying to fit in
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:08 am

GunslingerKB wrote:They clearly said that we should lynch before the replacement comes because they could spin out of it, and because they couldnt really give us good information anyway.
Yeah... I don't want to keep seeming like I am defending Anata here but that is more or less another "I agree with what they said" vote... You all know my feelings on that matter already...

But if you guys feel so confident in whatever case you have against her go ahead... I will be saying I told you so tomorrow... bank on it...

Gunslinger wrote:
I have to say that I agree with all of Mexals and Jitsus posts on this page about Anata being the lynch for today.

Ok I decided to be fair and look at each of Jitsu's and Mexal's points for Anata being today's lynch on THIS PAGE! to be honest... there is not a single point on this page of why she is in anyway scum... Only points on why replacements should not be given any chance to defend themselves and should be lynched before joining... (Exaggeration I know but you get my point more or less =D)

So Unvote:, Vote: GunslingerKB

Your vote was not even an "I agree with them!" vote... it was an "I agree with their points that I didn't even read" vote... I will be honest I still have to go back and fully read your case against Anata, but Gunslinger just said his reasons were on this page and yet there are none.. so he is a liar, and is more or less acting strange and scummy to me

How did you not see the "reasons" i was talking about. I didnt say anything about the posts on this page saying she was scum. I said I agreed wiht mexal and jitsu on her being the lynch for today. Everything that could be said on Anata being scum has pretty much already been said, and its about retarted for me to reiterate everything that has been said. Both jitsu and Mexal voted for Anata, and you didnt jump onto them like you did me.

Korlash, you keep defending Anata. And now you take a stab at me. You seem dire to make me look like scum, even though half the people in this game have realized im pretty much ust a newb. It seems as though you know Anata is scum, and that your trying to protect a teamate. Why else would you be jumping on the weaker player that has made some dumb posts? (Ie: Me)

I thought earlier that you were scum, and now I think you are. Many people made clear posts about why Anata would be scum, and you just seemed to "fail to understand why she could be" Now it seems like your trying to tturn the attention from Anata onto me. Just because of some weak post i made. (Again, sorry. I would have let you all replace my newbiness, but with three people gone, I figure I should just stay.)

Unvote: Anata Vote:Korlash
I think your scum afraid your parteners going to die.
ugh....I didnt think that I would a.) agree with Korlash about anything or B.) think anyone was just as scummy as Mitzef...but this post reeks..

first the OMGUS vote on Korlash, the fact you keep pulling that newbie card to defend your actions, the fact that when you first voted you only voted because everyone lese thought it was a good idea(even though most the votes were on MItzef)..The difference between you and Jitsu is that Jitsu put forth a very large "case" against Anata..you have done nothing (side note: I attacked Mexal too, when I felt he didnt bring a case against Anata)...

SO basically you whole case (and vote) against Korlash is because he is "defending" Anata?

So he is scum by assocation to Anata, who you dont even know the alignment of?

FoS Gunslinger

I would be fine with a Mitzef or Gunslinger lynch.

Gun, why vote Anata over Mitzef?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:03 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Gunslinger and Korlash have both managed to say a bunch of dumb things in these posts, but the biggest inconsistency seems to simply be in the logic of Gunslinger voting for Korlash when his reason for doing so is that he's defending his scum partner, allegedly Anata. If your whole case on Korlash is based on whether Anata is scum, why not lynch her first and then you can actually know if your assumption is correct? The whole thing's just OMGUS, which is not pro-town.

Normally I'd jump at Mexal suggesting that we just lynch someone and get on with it, but I find myself wanting the same thing. He mentioned earlier that there's a point when discussion no longer helps the town, and I think we've gone beyond it. We have several likely candidates with reasonable support for a lynch, so let's lynch one of them and get on with it.
<><
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:15 am

well, the candidates (in my view) are Mitzef, Gunslinger, and Anata (I guess). You know how I feel about all three..

I would like to give NabNab a little more time to find replacements (we need three) to get their thought and opinions in Day 1.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 am

Post by jerubbaal »

In the end, nothing's really going to happen until we get replacements, as we would have to almost be in complete agreement to lynch someone with the amount of people we have (and that doesn't seem like it's going to happen). Not much to do but wait.
<><
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Jitsu »

@Jerubbaal: Based on the Mod's comments, can you tell us what you wanted to say in post 425?

@Korlash: your recent posts on Anata have seemed inconsistent to me.

In post 472, you see some of the meta on her, but then you say that it proves nothing. You agree that Mexal's theory is "a good possibility", but then you go on to offer others that you don't really seem believe (though one of them is probably close). Then you says that there is "some case at least" [against Anata] but it's "definately not worth lynching". Then you says it isn't your fault that you have no idea what the case against her is, even though you seem to see some of it.

Then in post 474, you said that Anata was your "MOST SUSPICIOUS" person but that you didn't see enough for a lynch. Then you admitted that we had a case against here 8 pages ago (yet he didn't vote then). You said it wasn't enough for a lynch then, and it's not enough for a lynch now. You went into this really weird statement where you told us to go ahead and "take a gamble" if we want to [presumably to lynch Anata], and that you hoped we would wise up tomorrow and that we don't make a huge mistake that we regret later.

My read on you was that before Anata disappeared, you seemed to be interested in what she had to say, so you wanted to hear her defense. I thought at that point you understood the case against her, but wanted to her more from her to feel her out. And now you have said several times that you don't seem to understand the case on her, while acknowledging that there are parts of the case that you agree with. I would like a clarification on your thoughts, please. My questions to you:

Do you feel that you currently understand the case made against Anata or not?

Do you still feel Anata is scummy? Do you still agree that there is a case against her? How good is it, compared to the other suspects?

You said that Anata was your most suspicious player in post 474, but then later in the same post you seem to think that we would be making a huge mistake by lynching her. This sounds very inconsistent to me. If you were only to say that you don't think there is enough to lynch on, I can understand that. But then why do you suggest that it might be "huge mistake" for the town to lynch someone that you found the "most suspicious" of all the players at that point?

Based on comments in 471 and 474, it sounds like you are pretty sure that the town would be making a mistake by lynching her. Why are you so sure?

You voted for Gunslinger because, as you say, he relies too much on the fact that he is new and that he himself has admitted that his posts are weak and dumb. Do you feel that the case on Gunslinger is stronger than that of the other suspects?

Another point I wanted to ask you about. What is your opinion on Miztef and CKD?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ok you are seriously either trying desperately to make some case on me or are hoping to throw anything I have said against Anata out the window... I don't know which...

I know the case you guys had on her 8 pages ago. I got that one... Thats great... And as you said "I was interested in hearing her defense"... SHE HASN'T GIVEN ONE! And she never will... So most of the case you had on her is merely SPECULATION! I mean I could easily turn what you said against me as you trying to "make me the bad guy" in one way or the other... And if you never said anything about it... That would be my thinking
for the rest of the game
! And thus you would be scum. I know this is not the case though, and If I felt like making it seem like it was I know you would come back and turn it around on me. Thus, because you can defend yourself, any "stupid" or "Inconsistent" or even some kinda of "maybe" case can all be shot down before it turns into a real case.

The Anata thing was a so called "Maybe" case.. that is she could have had valid reasons for half the stuff you guys accused her of. The biggest being "Lazy" as an excuse if I remember correctly... But because you never got any real answers from her you all assume everything you talked about is true! And so everything you think makes her scum is just your opinion of it and not hers!

I really hate I am unable to explain things... hmmm.. how to say it...

Ok... Lets say a person attacks a guy, the guy defends, and the first person completely ignores that persons defense and continues his attack. That is almost exactly what you guys have been doing these last 6 pages. You refuse to let her defend herself and you are afraid she will get out of a lynch? Your afraid she will defend herself! Come on... Seriously... You honestly will lynch someone who has been unable to defend themselves half the game? You guys deserve to lose... Your completely letting the mafia take this game over... *shakes head* I almost don't care anymore... It's barely worth playing this game as it is... But I would rather have a loss then a replacement any day I suppose...
Jitsu wrote:Do you feel that you currently understand the case made against Anata or not?
I feel you have no case... Or more accurately, the case you have is only one sided and has no defense from the person you have attacked... Anyone will seem scum if you refuse to hear their side.

If you guys think lynching someone who is unable to defend themselves is fine then you are anti-town. Plain and simple. I would not be surprised if it is Jitsu, Mexal.. and... well I would say Gunslinger right now but the mere fact he switched votes makes him seem more likely to just be a new town. (No offense)
Jitsu wrote:Do you still feel Anata is scummy? Do you still agree that there is a case against her? How good is it, compared to the other suspects?
I feel... that the case you guys had on her back when she was posting did put her on top of my list.. but not nearly enough to vote... the fact you seem to want to lynch her for no "real" reasons makes me put you on top of my list (Not enough to vote, because then I would have to bring up a case, and outline it, and get myself in more trouble cause I suck at explanations.)

Point is the "Current" case on her is BS. And until either she gets a chance to defend herself, or her replacement shows up the case will only get more BS the longer you add to it.
Jitsu wrote:Based on comments in 471 and 474, it sounds like you are pretty sure that the town would be making a mistake by lynching her. Why are you so sure?
Well, do what I did, put yourself in her shoes. What if you were out of internet contact for a week and everyone lynched you on the basis "You did not defend yourself." How would you feel? I mean we have a 1 in 4 chance we all randomly picked the correct person to lynch... Nothing she has posted or any of your attacks have altered that ratio for her... so its a gamble to lynch her... In my eyes at least...
Jitsu wrote:Do you feel that the case on Gunslinger is stronger than that of the other suspects?
No, but I want to test his "newness." See exactly how he reacts to votes and things... not to mention I would rather weak attack actives then BS attack inactives... I'm glad you have finally begun doing that too. Feels good being Pro-town for a change doesn't it? =D (Joke...)
Jistus wrote:What is your opinion on Miztef and CKD?
Both of them would be better choices o lynch then Anata. Thats for sure... I don;t like CKD's posts a few pages back I think I talked about them in my little 4 post spiel you all said was worthless... he seems into the Miztef lynch... Who I myself don't really remember the case we had on him, but I feel he would do a better job defending himself then anata would...

I think that was all your questions... As for the "inconsistencies" you spotted... Let me see if I can shed some light on those too...

"you see some of the meta on her, but then you say that it proves nothing."

Yes I literally "saw" that you were metaing her.. and felt what you said proved nothing...No inconsistency there..

"You agree that Mexal's theory is "a good possibility", but then you go on to offer others that you don't really seem believe (though one of them is probably close)."

Out of the four listed (My three and his) one of them had to be close.. there were two that involved her being mafia, and two that involved her being town. While thy were all off the wall one had to have something right... Even if it was just her affiliation. Good point, still no inconsistencies..

"Then you says that there is "some case at least" [against Anata] but it's "definately not worth lynching". " There is ALWAYS some case... Like.. "That guy voted for that guy!" Depending on the situation that could be part of a case... But it is so not worth lynching over...

"Then you says it isn't your fault that you have no idea what the case against her is, even though you seem to see some of it." I saw what you had 8 pages ago.. I see nothing "New" you have now... So.. yeah... I have no idea why she is all of a sudden "Lynch before replaced" material.

On that note.. How the hell can you not see not waiting for a replacement to join before lynching as a town move? How can you justify killing someone without giving them any chance to defend themselves? Give me one good reason...

So I didn't see any inconsistencies in that paragraph... in fact I see none in the second one either... what the hell man... If you don;t like me fine.. but you need to stop with BS cases... I like the way you think but either you've become too obsessed with how "great" a player you are, or you are getting annoyed at how hard it is to convince the town to do it your way. (Implying your mafia here)

You know what I don't give a dang anymore... Do what the hell you want...

Unvote:

Don't expect me back until the replacements get here... Have fun losing...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Korlash wrote:
Jistus wrote:What is your opinion on Miztef and CKD?
Both of them would be better choices o lynch then Anata. Thats for sure... I don;t like CKD's posts a few pages back I think I talked about them in my little 4 post spiel you all said was worthless...
what didnt you like about my post? I know you said that before, can you please provide the post number before.
Korlash wrote: You know what I don't give a dang anymore... Do what the hell you want...

Unvote:

Don't expect me back until the replacements get here... Have fun losing...
wow.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah... wow is right... *Breaths*

Ok for your benefit I will help you out here... lets see post number.. post number... I believe Post 448... Apparently all i said was that I felt you had one contradictory sentence... Perhaps I had another post... Let me check..

I think I was thinking of post 395... Again no real points... weird...

So it seems my memory of not liking your posts was merely that.. I did not like your posts.. foudn nothing scummy in them, just didn't like em =D

As for the "Better lynch" Thing, I suppose I shoulda phrased t "Better player to attack because they are active." my bad...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Mexal »

Korlash wrote: If you guys think lynching someone who is unable to defend themselves is fine then you are anti-town. Plain and simple.
This is the only thing I'll comment on now since it's incredibly hard to get through your post and well...you said this several times.

She had her opportunity to defend herself. She came back and chose NOT to address the points made in the case. Instead, she decided to cast suspicion on the three votes against her. The fact that you continually miss this point (as it has been brought up at least 15 times) really tells me you don't read the thread.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Korlash »

Oh no I got it... That was part of your case 8 pages ago I agreed with.. But all this new stuff you keep bringing up in the last 6 pages or so that you all feel strengthens your case, the meta thing as an example, is all BS because she cannot defend against THAT!

Oh I read the thread... I read it quite well I think... I just try to ignore any BS... Wow... I suppose that is half the thread isn't it... Touche... I guess I have only read half the thread then ;)

Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Mexal »

Korlash wrote:Oh no I got it... That was part of your case 8 pages ago I agreed with.. But all this new stuff you keep bringing up in the last 6 pages or so that you all feel strengthens your case, the meta thing as an example, is all BS because she cannot defend against THAT!
Who cares if it's 8 pages ago? It's still relevant. It's still apart of day 1. She had her opportunity to defend herself, she
chose
not to. Do you agree or disagree?
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:58 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Jitsu, I don't think I can say it explicitly, but I will try to work my suspicions in as we go. For now I'll just say that I find it more difficult to buy the incompetent reading excuse than I did before.

Honestly Korlash, I found you difficult enough to read before, and you make absolutely no sense when you seem to be angry. I honestly have very little qualms about lynching someone who can't defend herself, especially day 1. There is little to no structure to the proof on day 1 (unlike day 2 when we likely have claims and stuff to deal with), so we have to go with the person who has seemed the most scummy from the comments they have posted. Even though Anata's post volume is so low, those few posts are quite scummy. Even though I would prefer a Miztef lynch, as I think he's scummier, I'd be quite happy with an Anata lynch. Her replacement won't be able to really tell us what Anata's earlier posts mean, so once we get that replacement, we really have to evaluate him/her like a new player. The replacement situation in general is just unfortunate, as it creates a certain discontinuity in the game which cannot be avoided.

I'm somewhat slow to vote for Anata partially because the low volume of her posts makes it difficult to put together a composite picture of what she's been doing in the game. It's harder to evaluate what could be a mistake and what could be scummy when you have so little information on a person. Might I suggest meta work?
<><
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:00 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Korlash, I am going to go absolutely frickin insane if I read any more ellipses in your posts. Seriously, it's painful. Write real sentences.
<><
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Jitsu »

Korlash wrote:Ok you are seriously either trying desperately to make some case on me or are hoping to throw anything I have said against Anata out the window... I don't know which...
It's neither of the two. If I were trying to make a case on you, I would have done much better than that. You said that you thought that people should pressure active players like you or Gunslinger. I merely followed your own advice, because I saw something I found to be contradictory in your posts.

Korlash wrote:But because you never got any real answers from her you all assume everything you talked about is true! And so everything you think makes her scum is just your opinion of it and not hers!

I don't assume it is true. I do find what she did highly suspicious. Since she left the game without defending herself, something that can be seen as scummy by itself, I can only go with what I do have: what is in the thread, plus what I can speculate from her leaving.

Korlash wrote:You refuse to let her defend herself and you are afraid she will get out of a lynch?

How can I let her defend herself when she is no longer in the game? Realistically, she has to be in danger of a lynch before she can get out of one. She never even got to L-2 (Miztef was at L-2 at one point, and I was the one that put that vote on him).

Korlash wrote:Point is the "Current" case on her is BS. And until either she gets a chance to defend herself, or her replacement shows up the case will only get more BS the longer you add to it.
I think I know what you mean, but it took me a few rereads to get it because I don't think you explained it well. If by the "current" case you mean just the meta info and speculating why she left, then of course that is speculative. But I don't see there being two separate cases. I only one case against Anata. I tried making sense of Anata leaving and the meta info with respect to the existing case, not as a separate case on its own. If you don't agree with the speculation, that's fine, but that doesn't really change the existing case on her.

Korlash wrote:Well, do what I did, put yourself in her shoes. What if you were out of internet contact for a week and everyone lynched you on the basis "You did not defend yourself." How would you feel? I mean we have a 1 in 4 chance we all randomly picked the correct person to lynch... Nothing she has posted or any of your attacks have altered that ratio for her... so its a gamble to lynch her... In my eyes at least...
If that was what actually happened, I would agree with you. But it is not. Anata posted that "Anyways, I'll be off for the weekend as well. I'll have a lot of posts to look forward to on Monday." on Friday afternoon. I posted a rebuttal of her post Friday night. Then I left her alone until Monday morning when we found out that she had dropped out of the game without even posting in the thread again. On Friday afternoon, she seemed to be "looking forward" to catching up on the game, then on Monday, she disappears without a trace. And I'm not supposed to find this even the slightest bit suspicious?

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think I finally see what the hell you're trying to say -- please correct me if I am wrong. I believe you are saying that if you make a case against someone and they do not defend against it, it is more risky to lynch them because you cannot point to anything they said to help determine if it your case is valid.

My response? Sure it is more risky, because both townies and scum do it, and you are certainly basing your decision on less information. But if the person is actually a scum, you are playing into their hands by not lynching them until they defend themselves. In effect, you are rewarding them with a free pass to the next day after they've played poorly. I've seen plenty of players on this site (both town and scum) play poorly and then make absolutely no attempt to defend themselves. You should always give someone a chance to defend themselves. But if the person chooses not to, then leveling suspicion at them is fair game. I do not like it when people do not defend themselves.

Korlash wrote:Out of the four listed (My three and his) one of them had to be close.. there were two that involved her being mafia, and two that involved her being town. While thy were all off the wall one had to have something right... Even if it was just her affiliation.
Now this is actually a pretty decent explanation.

Korlash wrote:On that note.. How the hell can you not see not waiting for a replacement to join before lynching as a town move? How can you justify killing someone without giving them any chance to defend themselves? Give me one good reason...
I don't believe that it is right to lynch someone without giving them a chance to defend him/herself. I don't think I did that. I gave her a chance to defend herself and she chose to leave the game without doing so. If her decision were forced, say, due to RL issues, I would have appreciated some attempt by her to say that. Don't you think it's suspicious at all how she left in a way that provided us the absolute *least* possible amount of information on her (just disappear totally and PM the mod to get him to make the announcement)?

Any chance of letting her defend herself is gone forever, and I don't see how asking her replacement about her actions helps tell me anything about what SHE was thinking. Since Anata didn't defend herself, and since I think it is unfair to get her replacement to defend her, I have to make the best judgment I can with the information I have.

Korlash wrote:If you don't like me fine.. but you need to stop with BS cases... I like the way you think but either you've become too obsessed with how "great" a player you are, or you are getting annoyed at how hard it is to convince the town to do it your way. (Implying your mafia here)
What makes you think I don't like you? This has nothing to do with "liking" you or not -- don't take it personally. For your first point, I won't even know how my performance was for this game until it's over. And as for your second possibility, well everyone is trying to convince the town to do things their way, to a point. I still believe that Anata is the best strategic play at this point, but she is hardly the only suspect I am considering.

You want the truth? Here it is. I cannot, nor do I want to, "make a case" against you now because I haven't been able to get a good read on you lately, and I thought I had a good read on you before. I wanted you to explain your post because I found it inconsistent. Whether you believe it or not, I am still weighing the case on Anata against the other suspects, and I wanted to understand your opinion on Anata more clearly. In any case, you are not a good play for today, in my opinion.

Also, I wanted your opinions about CKD, because I don't know what to think about him right now, and you stated previously that you didn't like his posts. I think I know how most of the other active players feel about him, except for you and Sudo, and I thought I was more likely to be able to get useful information from you since you talk more than Sudo does.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Jitsu »

jerubbaal wrote:Jitsu, I don't think I can say it explicitly, but I will try to work my suspicions in as we go. For now I'll just say that I find it more difficult to buy the incompetent reading excuse than I did before.
I understand.

jerubbaal wrote:I'm somewhat slow to vote for Anata partially because the low volume of her posts makes it difficult to put together a composite picture of what she's been doing in the game. It's harder to evaluate what could be a mistake and what could be scummy when you have so little information on a person. Might I suggest meta work?
I understand this too. As I said in my last post, I think this is what Korlash was trying to say all along, but maybe I'm wrong. If this is what he meant, I admit he is right about that specific part.

I am not without doubts myself. In fact, I have doubts on all of the suspects at this point, to varying degrees.

Meta work is certainly worth pursuing, yes. I will be keeping my eye on her posts elsewhere, even though I know now that I cannot discuss what I find in ongoing games. Even though meta work always carries some element of unreliability, I would rather consider as much information as possible on Anata, since I don't really see any other way to get information on her now.

At the moment, I think my vote is OK where it is. If people suddenly pile votes on her (which I don't think is going to happen), I can always unvote if necessary. She's not really in any danger right now with just two votes on her (if I count right).
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ok first up... (laughs) I think Something Mexal said actually got to me O.o... (laughs again)

I never even thought of the fact that the Mod said she requested a replacement... (Laughs again)

Actually I never even considered that into my thinking. In truth I hate to lynch someone who hasn't given any sort of defense at all (If for nothing else the fear of some kind a of jester) but she did CHOOSE to leave. Man to stand here with my foot in my mouth after all that... (Laughs) sad day for Crap logic Korlash... (That one was real...) (laughs)

But I am still against a lynch before hearing from the OTHER replacements at least. I mean if you all think the replacement will be unable to change the case because you are willing to hold them to what Anata did what is the harm in waiting? Or even if you feel the replacement will "Slide out of a lynch" then at least reason with me that the OTHER replacements we are getting deserve some day one input. (Or at least NEED input so we can use it or whatever come day 2)
Jitsu wrote:I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think I finally see what the hell you're trying to say
You know what, I'm glad someone does. I barely got it myself! =D
JItsu wrote:Now this is actually a pretty decent explanation.
Good Explanations: 1 Crappy explanations: sideways 8
Jer wrote:Korlash, I am going to go absolutely frickin insane if I read any more ellipses in your posts. Seriously, it's painful. Write real sentences.
I believe I had a page long chat with another fellow on this matter in another game. Those ellipses are my trademark (That and crap logic XD) so if you want me to give them up you have to give up something in return. If you never use the letters "X", "R", and "U" again I will never post another ellipse. (In this game only that is...) (Laughs)

And no I do not expect you to do that. I have no intention of giving up my ... for any reason XD

But alas, I honor my deal. No more "..." until you use one of those letters! The game is on! *game face*

This is so hard.. eek! So close.. AHHHH! I may lose!

jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

I struggled for a bit, but this is absolutely pointless. Losing a huge number of words is intensely frustrating and I blow enough time on this dumb game already, I don't need to spend more to censor my work of certain letters.

My intention was not to be a dick, but the ellipses make your content impossible to understand. Sentences make thoughts nice, clear, and distinct (ideally). I struggle with keeping my ideas separate too, but it's more something to help the people reading your posts. I get the idea that I might appreciate much more of what you're trying to say if you actually posted in a way that was coherent. As it is it's always a long ramble of vaguely related thoughts which run together in this ugly mish-mash. I am sure that I'm not the only one frustrated by your style of posting. I can't tell you how to post, but I can tell you that you're not making it any easier for others to understand your arguments. I am somewhat frustrated, and I am rather sure frustration is not an attitude you want to foster toward yourself.
<><
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Korlash »

Actually, I do it on purpose. Like I have said before I am not good at explaining things so I went ahead and made it common for me to post like that. In fact, I instinctively do a "..." instead of a simple "." now. Sad really T_T

I felt when I began that that if I was bale to accurately explain cases while still being a Jumbled "Mish-Mash" that I would have to begin focusing my subjects down to simple exact sentences. I never really got the hang of it and just ended up picking up that annoying habit. I won't stop the "..." mostly because I can't. Like I said... Instinctive... dangit!

But because you have asked me to, I will try to avoid them as much as possible. I too was not trying to be a "dick" I just like the joke factor when it comes to this subject =D (I believe I asked the other guy to give up all "numbers" because he was one of those: 4:3:1 or WCS 3:3:1 type of guys. I never actually intended you to do it. although I was interested in how far you actually got :P )

Plain and simple: I can not promise you I will become any clearer, but I will try to avoid all ellipses in the future. (Provided you do not jump down my throat if I miss one or two.)

=D Friends?

... :P

GunslingerKB
GunslingerKB
Townie
GunslingerKB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by GunslingerKB »

God, this day needs to end. I know we are waiting on replacements, but there is nothing important being discussed right now. What should happen?
-The Gunslinger-
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well... We could sing Showtoons! =D

Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Korlash wrote:But I am still against a lynch before hearing from the OTHER replacements at least. I mean if you all think the replacement will be unable to change the case because you are willing to hold them to what Anata did what is the harm in waiting? Or even if you feel the replacement will "Slide out of a lynch" then at least reason with me that the OTHER replacements we are getting deserve some day one input. (Or at least NEED input so we can use it or whatever come day 2)
This is probably one of the best paragraphs you've posted this entire game. It is clear and focused, and the logic is noticeably un-crappy. If you could post more like this in the future, I think it would be a benefit for the town.

I know people are anxious to get the game moving again, but I think this request is reasonable. People can always reserve the right to change their minds if the process of finding a replacement really drags on. I am sure that NabakovNabakov is doing the best he can, though.

Frankly, we may not have a choice anyway, as the town will probably need some votes from the replacements to reach a majority on a lynch candidate.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah! Like I said I am working on it!

And I would like to QFT this:
Jitsu wrote:Frankly, we may not have a choice anyway, as the town will probably need some votes from the replacements to reach a majority on a lynch candidate.
So I think it is pointless for people to post things such as:
Gunslinger wrote:God, this day needs to end. I know we are waiting on replacements, but there is nothing important being discussed right now. What should happen?
It does not help things at all. But then again, I too have no idea what to talk about.

X.X

jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:38 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Thanks Korlash, I really do appreciate it. It makes your posts eminently more readable. And I think your logic has actually gotten better as well, or at least makes it easier for us to understand it.

Doesn't seem like too much to do here, maybe go back and do a full re-read or some meta work or something if you're bored out of your skull. We just have to wait for the replacements to hear what they have to say. Korlash's posts which Jitsu pointed out is really valid, it would be nice to at least have something on the replacements going into day 2. Just because it seems like Miztef or Anata are the lynch today doesn't mean that we need to stop considering other people, especially tomorrow.

I don't feel like we've heard from NabNab for a couple days now, since Saturday I believe. Does this replacement thing usually take this long?
<><

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”