Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

I guess we need to discuss whether or not we feel comfortable lynching one of the unclaimed without TCS's comment.

I personally don't think he is likely to disagree, based on previous postings. The problem arises if we don't have a replacement when the new day breaks.

It's not ideal, but it might be our best remaining option. I'm not happy about losing TCS's insight, but in the interest of keeping the game moving, I am okay with proceeding without him.

So I guess this is my okay to FLoC's question about dropping the hammer. I personally think it might be the best thing, given the situation.

What do the rest of you think?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Setael »

Yeah, I say hammer him. If TCS is NK'd we can proceed with the game. If not, we'll have to wait for his replacement before tomorrow can dawn. I would recommend the doc not protect TCS but that's just one li'l girl's opinion.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Samruc »

Bah. This is annoying. I had hoped we'd get a replacement who agreed with me...

The "If we go to night"-summary:

The cop investigates one of the
unclaimed
. No one else.
The doc protects one of the
confirmed
. Either Setael or TCS is fine with me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Setael »

Interesting. For how much you seem to think FLoC is lying, that last post really made it look like you think he's a real doc.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Samruc »

I thought I had made it clear what I personally think of FLoC's claim. It doesn't matter if FLoC is scum or not, he should be "protecting" a confirmed townie anyway.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Samruc wrote:Bah. This is annoying. I had hoped we'd get a replacement who agreed with me...

The "If we go to night"-summary:

The cop investigates one of the
unclaimed
. No one else.
The doc protects one of the
confirmed
. Either Setael or TCS is fine with me.
But if I die due to lack of the doc's protection then you'll never get to hear my investiagation.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Bookitty »

What I do NOT want is to know exactly who the claimed doc is going to protect.

Protect TCS, Setael, or Nanosauromo. Do not tell us who you're going to protect, please. Use your own best judgment. If we're lucky we might avoid a nightkill, or force the scum to kill one of the unclaimed to guarantee their kill.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't want the scum knowing exactly who the doc will protect. We have three potential targets. Let's keep them guessing, if we can.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by Faeren Lord of Carlisle »

Vote YagamiLight
Yo.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Still looking for a replacment for TCS.

Votes:

YagamiLight - 4(Setael, Nanosauromo, Bookitty, Faeren Lord of Carlisle)
Faeren Lord of Carlisle - 1 (Samruc)

Not Voting - 3(YagamiLight, The Central Scrutinizer )

7 alive, 4 to lynch!

There has been a lynch! The town jumps around in the town square, and yells *DIE YOU YAGAMI LIGHT?*...So they lynch him, and he was:

YagamiLight, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3. Get all Night Choices in ASAP.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Nocmen »

BTW, Night ends at 7pm EST Thursday, November 8th, so get your choices in by then.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Nocmen »

You awake, and OMG ANOTHER PERSON IS DEAD!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Setael,
Town One-Shot Vigilante
Killed Night 3

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Still lookign for TCS Replacement.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Would it be unfair to ask Setael if she'd be willing to replace TCS? She knows the game already, and I think she might be willing if we ask very nicely.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Setael »

I would be willing. Nocmen, let me know.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Okay, I investigated Samruc and he's innocent. Where do we go from here?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

Nano:

It's possible you're a naive cop, considering that you've had only innocent results, or that Samruc is the godfather. I think the first is rather unlikely. I think the second is possible, considering the situation and the known and confirmed powerroles so far.

TCS is confirmed town. I know my own alignment. We can afford one mislynch by my calculations, therefore, we have these choices.

If we accept your investigation at face value and as being accurate, we should lynch FLoC. I'm sure Samruc would agree with this. Additionally, we'd gain information, because if FLoC is the doctor, and you've cleared Samruc, either Samruc is the godfather, or you're not the cop. It then comes down to whom TCS's replacement or myself find more believable (because I think that at that point only one of us would remain, logically).

If we don't accept your investigation at face value, we should lynch either you or Samruc. Samruc may be the godfather. He argued very strongly not to lynch one of the unclaimed, and YagamiLight was scum, so... it seems to me that lynching Samruc nets us a certain amount of information either way. If he is the godfather, we've won. If he's town, then we have a situation where FLoC, if he's faking being the doc, cannot kill you, so you get one more investigation. It means that only TCS's replacement or myself could be the targets of the NK, if FLoC is scum.

Additionally, if you are scum, anyone you claim to investigate, you must find an innocent on, because otherwise they'll know you're accusing them falsely and immediately vote for you. But if you find an innocent on one, the other one will know you're accusing them by default, so they'll immediately vote for you. Therefore you're in a no-win situation, in this case, as scum. Unfortunately, you're in a similar situation if you're actually the cop.

However, I think we only have one scum remaining. And I'm leaning toward the idea that it's Samruc, as the godfather. He fought very hard against lynching YagamiLight, and I think he was counting on you investigating him as the godfather.

Please, PLEASE pick apart my logic and tell me if I've made any mistakes or missed something. And I'm not putting any vote down til TCS's replacement is assigned and gives his or her input.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Nocmen »

I don't really like people from the game coming back, just for meta reasons. However, pete d replaces TCS, effective immediately.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

All right. I thought it might have been all right, considering that her role wouldn't have given her any special info, and would have saved time on someone else rereading.

Anyway, as I said, I don't want to place a vote til everyone has had their say, including our new replacement.
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 am

I think that bookitty has posted some very sound logic, and I don't see any flaws, except that if nobody's lying, bookitty's the only possible scum barring a GF.
We know that pete d is town.
If we believe nano, he's town.
I'm town.
Samruc may be the godfather.
We have no info on boo.
So it comes down to whether we believe nano that he's the cop or that samruc isn't the GF.
Some points in the favor of nano being town, and pete d being scum.
Nano could be naive. As has been said, the town has a 1-shot vig, an rb, a doc, masons, and a cop. If the cop was naive, it would make it more balanced.
On the idea of the game's balance, it could also be that the remaining scum is a godfather. This is also possible considering the town's strength.
Bookitty is so townish, that for me it comes down to either nano lying, or samruc being gf. I'm not sure which right now, I'll do a reread.
Yo.
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Faeren Lord of Carlisle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:37 am

in the line where I say "Some points in the favor of nano being town, and pete d being scum" pete d should read "samruc" it is clear from the following lines, but just to be sure, that should be samruc.
Yo.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by pete d »

Reading up to page 26, FLOC looks so so so scummy GF to me. The doc claim seems fake to me, he was going to get lynched if he didn't claim something good, and a doc claim works to keep him alive and / or out a doc if there is a real one. The claim is the only reason he hasn't been lynched imo. Nano's cop claim seems genuine, we had a RB and a 1shot vig, adding a doc to that seems like too much power (that is a secondary argument however). Also, the day 3 "Hey Nano investigate me that will absolutely prove I'm innocent" = GF. Plus, the behaviour of HC and Yagami towards HandB / FLOC is also suspicious.

Major FoS: FLOC
. I think he is the last scum. Hopefully I haven't missed anything, still in the process of rereading.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by pete d »

I'm pretty confident that Nano is genuinely a cop; at this point his sanity is probably irrelevant, given that most likely we only have a GF scum left. So, if we lynch FLOC and he isn't scum (which I very much doubt), we'll prob. be left with a boo vs Samruc vs (one of Nano and I). I'm confirmed mason, although of course I could be scum (GF dirty mason is reasonably common), so Nano and I are probably about the same level of guiltiness. [/hypothetical]

Oh yeah, and FLOC's non-involvement with Yagami wagon until the 11:59th hour, and then just offering to hammer = + scumpoints
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

FLOC being a godfather would definately explain why I'm still alive. With him turning up innocent, he'd be more concerned with trying to find and kill the vigilante. However, if FLOC is scum, then is there a real doc, and who is it?
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by pete d »

Of course not, they'd have counterclaimed by now.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:23 pm

Post by pete d »

edit: Samruc could be a doc, as he has been after FLOC consistantly (the real doc, if any, would know that FLOC was lying). If that's so, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't claim. But, I think it's unlikely.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Bookitty »

pete d wrote:I'm pretty confident that Nano is genuinely a cop
Why, exactly? He's done three investigations on people, two of them on dead people. I'm not sure what you're basing this confidence on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”