Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by foolinc »

Back off the subject, It is pretty frío today. Does anyone have a capa?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Gorrad »

AH! The pudding! It burns, it burns, it's...chocolate ><. Never mind. Tar, can you tell us which of those are real? I'm not asking you to do it now, you probably have reasons for keeping them secret, but I'd like to know purely for data purposes.
Skruffs wrote:BAttle Mage, when you are wrong, and you sabotage a game (like you are trying to do in this game) do you ever actually consider "Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider my 'BM is right despite the influence of logic and reality on my assumptions' playstyle, it really doesn't seem to help anyone but scum. Like. Ever." and then maybe edit your playstyle to tone it down? Because I called out this method of playign already:
QFT
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:17 am

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

I'd really like to see a votecount.
Oh hai.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Skruffs »

We are a week before deadline. With votes unable to be retracted, it looks like either me or bm is today's play. (Thanks bm! You just now noticed the oppurtunists?)

Personally i think (now) that jdodge would be a good lynch..

i doubt that all of the foreign players are all town or all scum, that would be unfair.

My feeling on bad behavior notes is that after 'so.many' notes have been passed out to a player, that player is suspended, fired, expelled, etc. Differently accounted for than throwing food. If the bad behavior notes are rare, then if bm really has them (and I have no idea wether he does or not, he's lied about everything else it seems) then it might be better to let him sit a day. I do have bad behavior notes,. All of them are on bm. It's not 8.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SABOTAGE? Lol.
I'm getting mixed signals here. If you genuinely think i am scum, you would be happy that i had drawn myself completely into the open. You would presumably want to take credit for 'catching' me. But instead, you describe my play as a negative for you-which is ANOTHER inconsistency on your part. I guess you have a different definition of 'sabotage' in your country, but over here, it would be the Mafia equivalent of posting your role pm in game, claiming your scumbuddies, or generally breaking the rules in an attempt to break the game. Unless of course you are just intentionally exaggerating to get a reaction, an explanation of how you think i have, in your mind, 'sabotaged' the game. As far as i can see, i've done pretty damn well. I've caught a scumbag, and proven his guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I've taken it to a situation where it is either me or said scumbag who will be lynched. If i die, its not the end of the world, and at least those of you who didn't credit my suspicious, might think again, and Skruffs will be lynched tomorrow. If Skruffs is lynched, i'll probably be NKed, but that means not only that we dont lose a power role, but i'll also be happy that i've done my bit.
Of course, it would be better if i was skilled enough at arguing to confirm the latter scenario, but you are right in that when it comes down to a shouting contest, i almost always lose. I'm not sure how to change that, but it gets me lynched so often nowadays. Those of you into meta-gaming can check this.
And besides, Skruffs, despite your shoddy play this game, you are very persuasive. You could sell ice to eskimo's-and have been doing this all game, if you know what i mean. :P
If you fancy giving me lessons on making people listen, after the game, that'd be appreciated.

Anyway, back to the game, and i just figured i'd once again note the irony of your criticism of my tunnel-visioned play, when yours has been identical-if not worse.

Gorrad's last post was blatant fishing.

BM

Skruffs wrote:BAttle Mage, when you are wrong, and you sabotage a game (like you are trying to do in this game) do you ever actually consider "Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider my 'BM is right despite the influence of logic and reality on my assumptions' playstyle, it really doesn't seem to help anyone but scum. Like. Ever." and then maybe edit your playstyle to tone it down? Because I called out this method of playign already:
Skruffs, talking to Battle Mage when BM first started helping scum wrote: and sorry if i am acting 'high and mighty', i promise you most of it is just inwards groaning. It's not meant to be condescending.
Once you think someone is scum, you tend to ignore anything else in the game and focus on that person being scum, no matter what else happens.
Except in Sir T's case, you've moved off of him and are focusing on me, instead. I'm surprised you haven't suggested that I was trying to eliminate the chances of him being a jester because 'i really know he's a townie and want him to be lynched'.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

It's just a little roast beef sandwich... very light... not very aerodynamic at all! ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:We are a week before deadline. With votes unable to be retracted, it looks like either me or bm is today's play. (Thanks bm! You just now noticed the oppurtunists?)

Personally i think (now) that jdodge would be a good lynch..
And i dont suppose that has anything atall to do with the fact that i just said that it's either me or you going down today, and you know that if i die, your days are numbered? :roll:
Oh and Jdodge attacked you, and has a fair bit of damage taken himself.

Coincidence? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Nightfall »

DrippingGoofball wrote: It's just a little roast beef sandwich... very light... not very aerodynamic at all! ;-)

:evil:
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 am

Post by skitzer »

Roast beef...yuck.

Anyway, I'm not leaning to either Skruffs or BM right now, they are both fairly balanced. But I think it's conceivable that one is scum and one is town.

Just for contributions sake:

Throw M&M at Battle Mage
Throw M&M at Skruffs
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Gorrad »

BM, there is a VERY good reason I want to know which of those foods was real. Y'all will understand later, but for now y'all have to trust me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Did everybody throw their food yet ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Nightfall »

not all of it... I'm kinda grumpy that my sandwich did only around 3 damage
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

skitzer wrote:Roast beef...yuck.

Anyway, I'm not leaning to either Skruffs or BM right now, they are both fairly balanced. But I think it's conceivable that one is scum and one is town.

Throw M&M at Battle Mage
Throw M&M at Skruffs
huh?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by ckillor »

hmm. so right now i feel like the quiet kids reading a book or something alone at lunch. with the whole skruffs and bm thing, i hardly know what to think. i get more of a feeling that BM is scum out of the two, but i also think they could both be townies and so focused on each other that no matter what one will die.
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Arright. Going back to page 5, all significant hapenings.

Tar quoted Bamboo asking why people are voting when there is no voting in the game, and answered that the votes are still helpful to the town. Waar immediatelt posted to remind people that "there's no voting in the game, guys." Waar, as BM noted, fails at reading.

I find the lineup here interesting: on one side bamboo and waar, on the other side Tarha and BM. Jordan took that side in a post that quoted Tar and then essentially repeated it in different words with not much in the way of new content save mentioning that his lunchbox was limited.

Pulsewidth meanwhile commenced a showing of Japanese student.

Nightfall posted pure fluff. I think his "now you're going to throw something at me" was a mere ebwop addendum to querying BM's gender, and in a close decision I think I don't find it scummy.

Skitzer thanked Pulsewidth for letting him politely toss an M&M and gave him one free throw for later.
Foolinc made with the Spanish.

Gorrad voted BM over what looks like OMGUS. He added:
I think the system is a good asset in this game. The time for random votes is over, and we have a good idea of the mechanics. Let's buckle down and start working. There is nothing to be gained at this point from a bandwagon on ANYONE at this point, except for an understanding of what kind of night actions we're going to have, and that's certainly not worth the lack of discussion/scumhunting.
1. By "the system is a good asset" do you mean the food throwing can be used to get scum? If so, a) duh. and b) why are you not using it?
2. How, exactly, do you propose we "buckle down and start working"
without
casting votes, or equivalently food?
3. What do you mean, nothing to be gained from a bandwagon on anyone? Aren't you looking for reactions from people?
This post does
not
fill me with confidence in Gorrad.

Jordan voted waar based on gut, and pickem voted waar based on having no significant content in his posts. Waar was not the only offender here, though, so why him?

BM challenged Gorrad's reaction by saying he voted Gorrad because Gorrad was scummy. His whole post smacks of immense rage at Gorrad.
WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED BY MY 1 VOTE?
Right back atcha, BM. Why are youy fulminating so at Gorrad's one vote?
VitaminR also thought Gorrad was OMGUSsy and voted him. Lowell followed suit, with both a vote and some onions.
Gorrad:
BM, it's not that I'm worried by your vote, I'm worried by the bandwagon aspect. I really dislike bandwagoning, and find it scummy as hell. If you had voted for me and NOT called it a wagon, I'd be fine.
Um, he was pushing for people to agree with him trhat you were scummy and vote along with him. Thus, bandwagon.
Skitzer wrote:If so, Unofficial Vote: Battle Mage and Gorrad. Both you are very against each other, so I only think one is the scum.
Words fail me.

So, pausing to take stock, we have:
Gorrad+pulsewidth v. waar
Jordan+pickem+Lowell v. waar
Jordan+Tarhalindur+BM v. waar+bamboo
BUT Gorrad v. BM w/suspicious skitzer
Jordan+bamboo v. Skruffs
Tarhalindur v. JDodge
Yama+pickem v. Tarhalindur

This makes me think worse of Jordan and Tar, somewhat better of waar.

Moving on. BM called Skitzer of his awful, awful post. And Skitzer's response (bolding mine) -- just look at this!
And BTW,
were not townies
. I was just saying that one of you could be. You just seem to be arguing voraciously at the moment.
To me this looks like a bad slip, and Skitzer is scum with probably Gorrad.

Blight voted Jordan for permavoting too early. Jordan defended himself that string cheese is his smallest item so he figured it would do little harm. I find this meh because the core of the objection is that once thrown it can't be taken back and you don't have it for later, not that SL was in imminent danger of dying. Blight emphasized this, and Jordan insisted he was reading too much into what was "really only an early day bandwagon" and voted both Blight and SL. Blight I understand, it's OMGUS, but why SL?

Yamahako forced peas into Skitzer's eyes. I'm liking Yamahako.

Tar posited that the permavotes carry over from day to day. Yama didn't like what Tar's warning against throwing any food did to the spirit of the game, and added that Tar was trying to lead the town to a lynch. I don't understand how. Yama, clarify plz? Any road, the mod shot down this speculation.

JDodge threatened the next person to throw with no reason with a soda bottle. He eventually followed through on Yama, doing something insane like thirty damage. I do not consider this a very pro-town action on JDodge's part.

Shadowlurker worried that too much food has already been thrown to effect a lynch, and disapproved of Yama and Jordan for seeming to want no lynch today. Foolinc... agreed with SL, I think?

Nightfall voted Yama for throwing peas in the majority of his posts. End of page 6. Top suspects atm are Skitzer; then Gorrad, Tarhalindur and Jordan; then pulsewidth and Nightfall.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by Gorrad »

the silent speaker wrote:Gorrad voted BM over what looks like OMGUS. He added:
I think the system is a good asset in this game. The time for random votes is over, and we have a good idea of the mechanics. Let's buckle down and start working. There is nothing to be gained at this point from a bandwagon on ANYONE at this point, except for an understanding of what kind of night actions we're going to have, and that's certainly not worth the lack of discussion/scumhunting.
1. By "the system is a good asset" do you mean the food throwing can be used to get scum? If so, a) duh. and b) why are you not using it?
2. How, exactly, do you propose we "buckle down and start working"
without
casting votes, or equivalently food?
3. What do you mean, nothing to be gained from a bandwagon on anyone? Aren't you looking for reactions from people?
This post does
not
fill me with confidence in Gorrad.
1. The system reffered to was the vote system, which unfortunately seems to have fallen out of use. Also, I'd like to add that if you'd actually read the latest posts, I HAVE been using food...I have none left!

2. The first point negates this. I wanted people to start voting with reasons. Some people were still goofing off.

3. A bandwagon is one person saying 'hey, this guy is scummy, lynch!' and others hopping on with no reason other than that the first guy said so. This is a BAD IDEA! This is a game of logic. Therefore, we should USE logic.

Seriously, dude. Read what's been going on, not what has been. You completely misinterpretted this post, showed that you were not up to date by asking why I wasn't throwing food, and called a very scummy manuever OK.
Vote: TSS
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:34 pm

Post by Yamahako »

the silent speaker wrote: Tar posited that the permavotes carry over from day to day. Yama didn't like what Tar's warning against throwing any food did to the spirit of the game, and added that Tar was trying to lead the town to a lynch. I don't understand how. Yama, clarify plz? Any road, the mod shot down this speculation.
By controlling the means for an "approved lynch model" and opposing anyone not willing to go along with it - Tar was asserting himself as town in a way that would most benefit the scum. It's not so much the lead to a lynch (which is the eventual goal of every day), but the manner in which it was being done that I objected to. I most likely phrased it poorly.

Good post by the way...

I think the BM and Skruffs thing is just out of hand - and I think they are both town to be honest. The only person who I am 99% sure about is Skitzer... his last post is horribly scummy - and he's used the same scum logic before today.

Throw the rest of my peas at Skitzer

Jai alai throws a saltine at Skitzer
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Throw pot tea at BM

Throw bowl of noodles at BM
I'm back!
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Erg0 »

Gorrad and skitzer are still my favoured targets. Leaning towards skitzer after his posts on this page, but I'll wait to see where Yama's food puts him on the chart.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Erg0 »

Actually, that would be his posts on this page and the last one.

Gorrad, do you have a post restriction?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

Bm, you keep saying with absolute certainty that I am scum. You accuse me of reacting to things before those things even happen.

More importantly, you claim to have bad behavior notes, but then insist you are not a power role. If you really have bad behavior notes, you are a power role. And if you aren't a power role, and don't have bad behavior notes, than why did you fake claim librarian, who it would make sense to have bad beavior notes?

The only reason I am pushing for a jdodge instead of you is because A) claimed to have a power role (with claimed flavor to back it up) and B) you are playing so intentionally badly that I feel that if you are scum, you may very well be the 'jester' who's scum buddy you accused me of being earlier.

Also- if you are the librarian, why do you think the lunch lady is either scum or a fake claim?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:Bm, you keep saying with absolute certainty that I am scum. You accuse me of reacting to things before those things even happen.

I am almost certain that you are scum. The only thing slight doubts is the amount of non-commital people suggesting that both of us are probably town. I can't see scum saying this, if it was not the case, as it would screw them over later.
Skruffs wrote: More importantly, you claim to have bad behavior notes, but then insist you are not a power role. If you really have bad behavior notes, you are a power role. And if you aren't a power role, and don't have bad behavior notes,
than why did you fake claim librarian
, who it would make sense to have bad beavior notes?
Dude, Bad Behaviour notes are not a role. I don't have a power role. I don't do anything at night, nor anything particularly incredible during the day. I have Bad Behaviour Notes, but as i dont know what they do, i dont consider them of much value atm. It's comments like that in italics which make me so certain that you are scum. You aren't genuinely trying to ascertain my affiliation. You are asking me leading questions, which allow you to misconstrue what i say. I'm not going to say this again, because currently, it really pains me to do so: Skruffs, you aren't stupid. So why do you expect the rest of us to believe that your play is that of a townie, when you are pushing the contrary so hard.
Skruffs wrote:The only reason I am pushing for a jdodge instead of you is because A) claimed to have a power role (with claimed flavor to back it up) and B) you are playing so intentionally badly that I feel that if you are scum, you may very well be the 'jester' who's scum buddy you accused me of being earlier.

Also- if you are the librarian, why do you think the lunch lady is either scum or a fake claim?
lol I'm going to ignore the flaming (HAI BBM). In response to your question, i haven't put much stock in the theory: 'all adults are scum' or 'children vs staff'. As such, i fail to see a correllation between our claims atall, unless you really think that DGB would make such a ridiculously broken setup. You, on the other hand, claimed to give credit to the theory of adults=scum, and this directly contradicts your own claim.

BM

*after reading, i find TSS's analysis rather weak in places-he appears to focus on the most peculiar of places. Nonetheless, he does make a good point about Skitzer, of whom i didnt like Post 634.
FoS: Skitzer
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Gorrad »

Nope, no restriction, as I stated earlier. I do most of my reactions because they fit the role I was given, not because there was a given restriction.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 am

Post by JordanA24 »

skitzer wrote:Roast beef...yuck.

Throw M&M at Battle Mage
Throw M&M at Skruffs
The underlined bit is incredibly scummy IMO, you admitting you're throwing something just to be contributing, and since you just throw an M&M at both, you're just fencesitting and not forming any opinions of your own. And, by throwing something at both, you're making a small contribution (admittedly a small one) to both of the popular lynches, which are either nearly at 50% or past it.

Unofficial Vote: Skitzer
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”