Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8075 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Titus »

I am stepping away now. If Farside flips, joy happy joy.

If she doesn't. I will do my compromise and work damn hard on getting a gun.

P-edit: Oh right.

I remember now. My apologies Yume. Slow morning
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8076 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Titus. You won't need a gun. You know why. Slow down and think.

Also, and I'm sorry I didn't ask this before because it seems painfully obvious now: are the crystal gems all MOD CONFIRMED to one another, or is there a possibility of a corrupt gem in that mix?

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8077 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8065, Not Chara wrote:farside, what i mean is it doesn't look like Rational is fence-sitting. that post is a very explicit 'farside is scum'.
If he thought I was scum he should vote for me.
In post 8068, Creature wrote:Oh right

"that makes me conftown"
"but im actually third party lol"
HI.
I'm town.
I get so many point I then become 3rd party.
Welcome to the game.
May I take your order?

[Quote"RR"]You have acted objectively scummy. You knew the Beach-a-palooza event was specifically intended to be used for PoE by conftowns (including Titus who freaking popped IC). There's absolutely no reason for you to have done that except to advance the idea that the point total made you "conftown", except you've already admitted you aren't town after your attempt to say the points made you conftown got blown up.[/quote [
It's the only thing you've repeatedly brought up as an issue and I already asked if you believe that I did it for manipulation purposes why are you not scum hunting those who didn't vote the top 3????
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8078 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8076, Reasonably Rational wrote:Titus. You won't need a gun. You know why. Slow down and think.

Also, and I'm sorry I didn't ask this before because it seems painfully obvious now: are the crystal gems all MOD CONFIRMED to one another, or is there a possibility of a corrupt gem in that mix?

~Drixx
Possible corrupt. 4-5 masons is insane with an ic and Mastina.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8079 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Not Chara »

farside, Rational also explained why they didn't want to vote you.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8080 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8070, Reasonably Rational wrote:Well, I was arguably fence sitting, but it was EXTREMELY deliberate, because I refused to give her more points towards her win con when I'm aware of things which may assist in dealing with her situation , AND because if the lynch pushed her over the threshold for her win....then it's the same as if we just mislynched, except we DO get another try if she wasn't lying...but we're that much closer to losing.

-Cerb
This is why I look at you as fence sitting.
You just said you have all these reasons you think I'm scum but I could tell the truth and be going for 3rd party win for points.
You can't have both here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8081 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8080, farside22 wrote:
In post 8070, Reasonably Rational wrote:Well, I was arguably fence sitting, but it was EXTREMELY deliberate, because I refused to give her more points towards her win con when I'm aware of things which may assist in dealing with her situation , AND because if the lynch pushed her over the threshold for her win....then it's the same as if we just mislynched, except we DO get another try if she wasn't lying...but we're that much closer to losing.

-Cerb
You just said you have all these reasons you think I'm scum but I could tell the truth and be going for 3rd party win for points.
That's the evil 3p door. He can.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8082 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:05 am

-Cerb
You don't seem to understand. The reasons for thinking you're scum are IRRELEVANT to optimal mechanical play, which is what my reservation is based on. If we're(well, mostly Drixx, he has a much stronger belief in you as scum, I still don't know why you would even bother with the 3p part of your claim given the sites attitude towards 3p, combined with the fact that the leaders of this game are well aware of town being burned by a 3p in a relatively recent game) wrong, then the BEST CASE scenario is us effectively feeding scum a kill. The worst case is you can endgame us all or something.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8083 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:19 am

In post 8077, farside22 wrote:
In post 8065, Not Chara wrote:farside, what i mean is it doesn't look like Rational is fence-sitting. that post is a very explicit 'farside is scum'.
I was waiting for exactly what A50 was and the votes came in while I was composing a post. Else I would have done the hammer vote to deny you the self-hammer you professed wanting. I totally have an "It's Hammer Time" MC-Hammer image in my photobucket I was going to use and everything.

"that makes me conftown"
HI.
I'm town.
Welcome to the game.
May I take your order?
You have acted objectively scummy. You knew the Beach-a-palooza event was specifically intended to be used for PoE by conftowns (including Titus who freaking popped IC). There's absolutely no reason for you to have done that except to advance the idea that the point total made you "conftown", except you've already admitted you aren't town after your attempt to say the points made you conftown got blown up.
It's the only thing you've repeatedly brought up as an issue and I already asked if you believe that I did it for manipulation purposes why are you not scum hunting those who didn't vote the top 3????
I find it amusing that you pretend you don't already know that we will literally generate 2-3 novels worth of discussion in our hydra PT. You either are observant and see how we respond to people and who we're watching, or you can see when we're reasonably sure and we bring out the case. We didn't say a word about the 3rd party faction until we were sure; then we told the game about it (and got laughed at, basically).

Like; we're kind of hip deep in people who are scummy and need rope too.

There's you, and I've gone to great lengths to outline why you're likely scum. Then there's DGB who, now that we have seen the parts of KC's flip that we have, is almost certainly actually exactly what she claimed to KC, and needs to be roped.

Then there's... well, no need to share that just yet.

What possible motive is there for us to tell other scumspects who aren't going to get roped today that we're already looking at them? It's much more effective to come in and plop down a case for someone being scum when they've boxed themselves in and we're really sure. (See: SU1 and Titus' "slip" and the amount of time we spent in private working it out before we even so much as hinted at distrusting the slot).

But you didn't ask the question because you don't know how we work, did you? You asked the question because you're trying to survive and in order to do that you need to discredit us so my points against you get disregarded.

~Drixx
Show

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #8084 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 8071, Creature wrote:
Mod

Can you prod TheFuzzylogic99 and DrippingGoofball?
I don't need a prod I like my vote where it is
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8085 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:10 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8082, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb
You don't seem to understand. The reasons for thinking you're scum are IRRELEVANT to optimal mechanical play, which is what my reservation is based on. If we're(well, mostly Drixx, he has a much stronger belief in you as scum, I still don't know why you would even bother with the 3p part of your claim given the sites attitude towards 3p, combined with the fact that the leaders of this game are well aware of town being burned by a 3p in a relatively recent game) wrong, then the BEST CASE scenario is us effectively feeding scum a kill. The worst case is you can endgame us all or something.

-Cerb
In post 8083, Reasonably Rational wrote:
I was waiting for exactly what A50 was and the votes came in while I was composing a post. Else I would have done the hammer vote to deny you the self-hammer you professed wanting. I totally have an "It's Hammer Time" MC-Hammer image in my photobucket I was going to use and everything.

"that makes me conftown"
HI.
I'm town.
Welcome to the game.
May I take your order?
You have acted objectively scummy. You knew the Beach-a-palooza event was specifically intended to be used for PoE by conftowns (including Titus who freaking popped IC). There's absolutely no reason for you to have done that except to advance the idea that the point total made you "conftown", except you've already admitted you aren't town after your attempt to say the points made you conftown got blown up.
I find it amusing that you pretend you don't already know that we will literally generate 2-3 novels worth of discussion in our hydra PT. You either are observant and see how we respond to people and who we're watching, or you can see when we're reasonably sure and we bring out the case. We didn't say a word about the 3rd party faction until we were sure; then we told the game about it (and got laughed at, basically).

Like; we're kind of hip deep in people who are scummy and need rope too.

There's you, and I've gone to great lengths to outline why you're likely scum. Then there's DGB who, now that we have seen the parts of KC's flip that we have, is almost certainly actually exactly what she claimed to KC, and needs to be roped.

Then there's... well, no need to share that just yet.

What possible motive is there for us to tell other scumspects who aren't going to get roped today that we're already looking at them? It's much more effective to come in and plop down a case for someone being scum when they've boxed themselves in and we're really sure. (See: SU1 and Titus' "slip" and the amount of time we spent in private working it out before we even so much as hinted at distrusting the slot).

But you didn't ask the question because you don't know how we work, did you? You asked the question because you're trying to survive and in order to do that you need to discredit us so my points against you get disregarded.

~Drixx
I have Mc hammer waiting with, you can't touch this for when the mod comes in.
Second I feel like you just circled around my question. In a very long post that just says Dbg is scum.
Thirdly I asked you the question I did because you are the strongest ones saying that I'm not confirmed nor is nc based on the beach event and again I see nothing that shows you trying to make a connection off the non voters.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #8086 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Yume »

But being unlynchable doesn't make you town....
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8087 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 7963, Reasonably Rational wrote:I am the only one who mentioned my play in SMITE, and I certainly didn't attempt to clear Farside with it. Just the opposite. I find it very unlikely that Varsoon decided he had spare time between designing all these epic games he runs to go read a 12,000 post (plus another 10k+ posts in hoods) game and saw my fake claim and decided to make a role out of it. I'm not even sure I can assign a probability high enough to be a proper integer to that. Possible? Anything is technically possible. Probable? Fuck no.

I get that it sucks you are part of a third party faction whose leader may or may not have lied about their wincon and we're the slot who figured out you even existed and is pushing the inconsistencies, but just making shit up is never going to get past us. All you're doing is adding to the paranoia. The one slot that's bothering to question your third party self aligned faction, and you're literally making shit up to throw shade on us. That's supposed to be a co-incidence?

~Drixx
In post 7964, Reasonably Rational wrote:Stop stealing my shit. Also, stop interfering with questions I've leveled at other players. You just torpedoed the shit out of a question I aimed at farside that had utility based upon how she answered it. Why?
The tone of these two posts is very, very different and doesn’t make me any less suspicious of your slot.

The first is an insinuation that the only reason I suspect you is OMGUS because you are the only person “looking into” whether the Crystal Gems are scum. The underlying point it so say that my suspicion of you can only be because of that reason and thus I am very possibly scum.

The second post is very much someone addressing a player they believe is Town and showing frustration that they aren’t “playing nice”.

These posts came back to back from the same hydra head and the dichotomy is pretty jarring.

As to the substance of those posts –

I very much like that you ignore the part of my original post where I said the reason that quickly came to mind. I’ve been suspect of you from the minute you dismissively said “Go jump in a lake you don’t know crap” when I corrected you regarding Yume. That attitude comes from a place of someone who wants to just have their “authority” unquestioned and I don’t see it as generally Pro-Town. Can it come from Town. Certainly. But it is enough to put me on alert. Then I’ve noticed your focus has been strongly on role mechanics all of today and specifically you look to be undermining Yume and the Crystal Gems. Yet out of the other side of your mouth your hydra supposedly is “one of the most tolerant” of players in regards to 3rd parties. Again a dichotomy. Lastly none of your posts about who is scum seem to reflect this suspicion. If there is a 4+ member Crystal Gems 3rd Party group that is absolutely not completely aligned with Town then any an all analysis of the Mafia team make-up should be significantly impacted. But I don’t recall seeing you say anything along the lines of “Hmmm, that many Crystal Gems who aren’t Town and scum should be at most 3 to 4 members otherwise the game doesn’t make sense from a balance standpoint”. Please correct me if I am wrong. So attempting to boil my suspicion of your play today to OMGUS is another tick in the “Hmmm, that seems suspect” box.

As to “stealing your shit” – get over yourself. I posted exactly what I did because wasting more time with your “carefully plotted build of suspicion” is a waste of time given the game-state. Farside’s play has been completely not Town. You (and other) have been jumping through hoops when the second Farside said “I’m not lynchable and the Day will reset” the wagon should have reached lynch status. If she wasn’t lying then more time was preserved to move to another viable scum suspect. But dragging it out only served to reduce the discussion time if she is telling the truth. Cutting to the chase and ending the fence-sitting was absolutely the best Town move.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8088 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Not Chara »

we didn't actually lose any time, if farside is telling the truth. farside's ability resets the day timer according to her.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8089 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Don't worry, she's harmless without her limb enhancers."
-Pearl
"I'm not harmless!!"
-Peridot,
When It Rains
VOTECOUNT 3.08 : NOT A LYNCH?

Farside22 (LYNCH?):
Titus, SnarkySnowman, MagnaofIllusion, TheWayItEnds, DrippingGoofball, Skybird, Yume, Xkfyu, Not Chara, McMenno, Kraskaeaque, Almost50

DrippingGoofball (3):
Shiro, Thefuzzylogic99, Creature
SnarkySnowman (3):
mastin2, grapes, Farside22
Kraskaesque (1):
Shadow_Step
Shadow_Step (1):
Firebringer

Not Voting (2):
Reasonably Rational, randomidget

With 22 Alive, it takes 12 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-13 05:20:00)
The Current Stress is +1:

Not Chara is V/LA until Saturday, 10/08/2016
MagnaofIllusion is V/LA until Monday, 10/10/2016
Xkfyu is V/LA until Monday, 10/10/2016
[/quote]
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8090 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

"No Peridot, I don't think you get it! Just because I know how clouds work doesn't mean I know how to stop a giant mutant in the center of the Earth!"
-Steven,
When It Rains
VOTECOUNT 3.09

Not Voting (22):
Titus, Shadow_Step, Xkfyu, Skybird, Almost50, Shiro, DrippingGoofball, Farside22, Yume, Reasonably Rational, grapes, mastin2, Not Chara, Kraskaeaque, MagnaofIllusion, McMenno, Firebringer, Thefuzzylogic99, SnarkySnowman, Creature, randomidget, TheWayItEnds

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-22 19:50:00)

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #8091 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 am

Post by McMenno »

VOTE: Snarky
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8092 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8090, Varsoon wrote:
"No Peridot, I don't think you get it! Just because I know how clouds work doesn't mean I know how to stop a giant mutant in the center of the Earth!"
-Steven,
When It Rains
VOTECOUNT 3.09

Not Voting (22):
Titus, Shadow_Step, Xkfyu, Skybird, Almost50, Shiro, DrippingGoofball, Farside22, Yume, Reasonably Rational, grapes, mastin2, Not Chara, Kraskaeaque, MagnaofIllusion, McMenno, Firebringer, Thefuzzylogic99, SnarkySnowman, Creature, randomidget, TheWayItEnds[youtube][/youtube]

Deadline

VOTE: snarky
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8093 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Yume »

In post 8092, farside22 wrote:
In post 8090, Varsoon wrote:
-Steven,
When It Rains
VOTECOUNT 3.09

Not Voting (22):
Titus, Shadow_Step, Xkfyu, Skybird, Almost50, Shiro, DrippingGoofball, Farside22, Yume, Reasonably Rational, grapes, mastin2, Not Chara, Kraskaeaque, MagnaofIllusion, McMenno, Firebringer, Thefuzzylogic99, SnarkySnowman, Creature, randomidget, TheWayItEnds[youtube][/youtube]

Deadline

VOTE: snarky
Like I said, that doesn't automatically make you town. >.>

But whatever, ignore me. :s

VOTE: farside
Show

Mah best game

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8094 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Yume »

And this vote should mean a thing to you either, because I am incompetent person who intentionally hides flips, so.....
Show

Mah best game

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8095 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

TheFuzzyLogic99 has been prodded.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8096 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:59 am

I actually don't understand why, if we were willing to lynch her once, we wouldn't lynch her again.

Also, farside, are you going to use your power on snarky still, as you said you would before?

@Magna: are you experienced with Drixx? I believe no. The simple fact that *nobody* in this game full of people who know us has questioned the tone of any of the posts made by either head should tell you that the authoritative attitude comes naturally to us. We tend to believe that it is highly unlikely anyone else(who plays mafia at least) will have better results from a strictly analytical perspective with any given set of information, which means we have to tell people what to do.

There is no "dichotomy" between our position regarding third parties and our stance regarding your faction.

We DELIBERATELY housed our reveal yesterday in pro-gem terms.
We advised Yume to NOT tell the town that she was 3p/to not just share that information freely, BECAUSE we know the site meta involves killing 3p on sight.

It was only today, when mastin revealed that she and Yume DID NOT possess the same information, and Yume undertook a distinctly anti-town (though possibly pro-gem) stance regarding flipping klingon, that I was forced to press her to reconcile those actions with her stated pro-town win condition.

It was the CONTRADICTION between her stated goal and her actions that caused a problem for me, NOT the fact that she is third party. That's irrelevant.

Why would a large pro-town third party require that we adjust the expected ratio of scum? Why would a large NEUTRAL third party require that we adjust it? Only if the third party is actively working to KILL town should they have any effect on balance. If the scum team is working to kill town, and the gems are working towards some other goal that they can achieve without town winning, the scum count shouldn't change. It will still require the same number of town deaths for a scum victory, and that's what matters.

I don't believe the gems as a whole are anti-town in the standard sense, but I see no reason why they couldn't attain their goal without the town sharing in the victory.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8097 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:00 am

(Other than flavor of course)

-Cerb
Show

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8098 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Yume »

Because we need to kill scum to win?
Show

Mah best game

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8099 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:17 am

In post 8098, Yume wrote:Because we need to kill scum to win?
So you say, but we ONLY HAVE YOUR WORD FOR IT.

Your win con not flipping is really shitty if Varsoon really designed it that way.

Of course, the fact that your win con doesn't flip IS weak evidence that you actually ARE designed as an X person masonry, because without the automatic clearing of other members that comes from a pro-town win con, the strength of said masonry is notably reduced...but that doesn't make it impossible for you to be working towards your own ends.

I mean hell, flavorwise, maybe all you guys need to do to win is remove jaspar, and recruit lapis/peridot/bismuth. That would put your win con aligned with town assuming jaspar is the traitor, while still allowing you to win through some other means the removing ALL the scum.

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”