Twilight

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The shorter answer is "Whatever the mod put in the rules." - two less words, booyah! :D

Seriously though, the standard on MafiaScum if the mod doesn't specify is usually "the lynch is final, anyone can talk freely". Since in most games the players can't actually know if the lynch was successful until the mod posts the death scene, anything else is incredibly hard to adjudicate...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kelly Chen wrote:What does that mean, that you can unvote even after there's a majority?

I'm not sure I've seen that.
Going with the theory that the moderator is just there to enforce the Rules of the Game, I'd have a problem with lynches being able to be 'reversed' if the mod doesn't show up before one of the players. I tend to envision quicklynch/endgame scenarios as being the remaining scum stringing up one person, then
immediately
turning on the rest now that the numbers are in their favor, and gunning them down.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Problem is, even if you state out front that twilight posting is forbidden by the lynchee, you can't 'unmake' a post by that Cop. Do you have to void the entire game at that point?

I take it as a gallows confession/declaration, which is why forbidding the lynchee to speak before the Mod kills them doesn't make sense to me. YMMV.

::edit:: Now, I could see an argument that it's
unethical
to reveal things in twilight, and I always take anything said then with a grain of salt, but...

Return to “Mafia Discussion”