Twilight

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Seol »

SensFan wrote:During Twilight, which is the norm?

* The lynch is final, anyone can talk freely
* The lynch is final, anyone but the lynched can speak freely
* The lynch is final, no game-related discussion
* The lynch is not final until the mod makes it so
Technically
I'm a 4, simply because there
might
be a vote-nullifier, a vote-stealer, a Mayor, or whatever. Until it's confirmed someone's got a lynch majority, then it's not technically confirmed it's Twilight, though.

I see no reason not to let people talk at any point where the thread is open, unless there's a strong mechanical or flavour reason why not. People can talk until I show up, confirm there's a lynch, declare it night and close the thread. In fact, I don't even recognise the term Twilight in my games - it's day until it's night.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:02 am

Post by Seol »

Erg0 wrote:
bigAl wrote:What if you're a cop (with a couple investigation results) and you get lynched before you have a chance to reveal your investigations. Should the cop be able to post his investigation results in the twilight? I'd say definitely not. It effectively confirms some people unfairly. I'd say 'no' to the first point in cases like that.

I'd vote for #2 most of the time, or maybe #3 depending on the mod.
This actually had the potential to occur recently in Open 46. Knowing what was likely to happen, I tried to keep an eye on the thread and lock it as soon as I saw the hammer in order to prevent a "deathbed confession". As Flay said, there's not really much you can do if the cop decides to post results after being lynched, but as a mod I will always try to prevent it from occurring since I think it falls firmly into the "bad play" category. In this case, the cop had plenty of chances to claim before being lynched anyway.
It's not the mod's place to decide what's "good play" or "bad play". Bad
form
, perhaps, but that should be accounted for in the rules. I don't see anything wrong with a "deathbed confession", either mechanically or flavourfully - but equally I don't feel I have any responsibility as mod to allow some time for discussion after a lynch is reached.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Seol »

XReyoX wrote:I think it is quite important that the lynchee shouldn't be allowed to talk once he is hammered, because a cop can reveal his results knowing he will certainly die but before he actually die.
So?

I don't see why this, or any instance of "last words", is a bad thing.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Seol »

gorckat wrote:Toss in bungled vote counts, missed unvotes or w/e and the players should just play the game and PM the mod if they think there's an issue.
That, and also the possibility of private votes, lynch cancellers, varying lynch thresholds etc - mechanics that affect when you have a lynch which not all players are aware of, and are perfectly viable mechanics - and you can see that even a perfect player is occasionally going to be wrong about when you have a lynch.

edit: This is why only the mod should ever declare when there's a lynch majority, which means only the mod can say if you have Twilight. Unless Twilight's a
mechanic,
it's an arbitrary and unhelpful concept.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”