Twilight

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Erg0 »

bigAl wrote:What if you're a cop (with a couple investigation results) and you get lynched before you have a chance to reveal your investigations. Should the cop be able to post his investigation results in the twilight? I'd say definitely not. It effectively confirms some people unfairly. I'd say 'no' to the first point in cases like that.

I'd vote for #2 most of the time, or maybe #3 depending on the mod.
This actually had the potential to occur recently in Open 46. Knowing what was likely to happen, I tried to keep an eye on the thread and lock it as soon as I saw the hammer in order to prevent a "deathbed confession". As Flay said, there's not really much you can do if the cop decides to post results after being lynched, but as a mod I will always try to prevent it from occurring since I think it falls firmly into the "bad play" category. In this case, the cop had plenty of chances to claim before being lynched anyway.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Erg0 »

Seol wrote:
Erg0 wrote:
bigAl wrote:What if you're a cop (with a couple investigation results) and you get lynched before you have a chance to reveal your investigations. Should the cop be able to post his investigation results in the twilight? I'd say definitely not. It effectively confirms some people unfairly. I'd say 'no' to the first point in cases like that.

I'd vote for #2 most of the time, or maybe #3 depending on the mod.
This actually had the potential to occur recently in Open 46. Knowing what was likely to happen, I tried to keep an eye on the thread and lock it as soon as I saw the hammer in order to prevent a "deathbed confession". As Flay said, there's not really much you can do if the cop decides to post results after being lynched, but as a mod I will always try to prevent it from occurring since I think it falls firmly into the "bad play" category. In this case, the cop had plenty of chances to claim before being lynched anyway.
It's not the mod's place to decide what's "good play" or "bad play". Bad
form
, perhaps, but that should be accounted for in the rules. I don't see anything wrong with a "deathbed confession", either mechanically or flavourfully - but equally I don't feel I have any responsibility as mod to allow some time for discussion after a lynch is reached.
I couldn't think of the right way to put that - I agree, "bad form" is closer to what I meant.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”