Newbie 515-Abandoned = |

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Ben Miff »

Okay. Time to figure out who to be paranoid about.

Er...

(Can someone hurry up and be suspiscious so we can lynch you?)
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Ben Miff »

Hrrrm. Might just be my paranoia here, but I find JDGA's vote a bit suspect. While there's an OMGUS, he's also pretty much discouraging anyone voting further for Hang 'em High by stating the scum's dead if they quicklynch (and therefore anyone who lynches Hang 'em High is going to be asking to be lynched). And why would someone discourage the group from lynching someone? Because they're their mafia partner.) Hence,
Vote : JDGA
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Ben Miff »

As well as the preceeding points by other players, another piece of suspiscious activity by JDGA is this:-
(Man, this reminds me of my other game, Newbie 506, where I got suspicion directed at me for a load of BS that they spewed out of my first post. I was town in that game)
I can't quite see why you'd feel it's necessary to point that out, making an implied argument that since you were town last time, it's likely you're town this time, when the roles are randomly generated and thus your role last time this happened having absolutely no effect on what your role is this time. As a result, I'm adding
FOS:JDGA
for that.

Also, given the town is getting suspiscious about JDGA's overly defensive nature, it makes me wonder why Hang 'em High is trying to give JDGA an opening to defend himself against the accusation which could then be taken to defend himself without suspiscious. Hence, a minor
FOS:Hang 'em High
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Ben Miff »

Sure. Might be a misread, but the way you appear to be defending JDGA by trying to open up the way for a counter-offensive seems suspect to me. (That's pretty much the gist of it.)
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:16 am

Post by Ben Miff »

Chris Cutpurse wrote:If you're interpreting JDGA's statement as a Gambler's Fallacy, I just don't see it. Could you clarify how you came to that conclusion?
In essence, it's implied that since last time that this happened, he was town, so if it happens again it's likely he's town again.

(Can't see much else to say at the moment. Nothing that's more suspiscious has happened yet, at least not that I can notice.)
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Ben Miff »

H'okay. Given the general arguments against Hang 'em High (and given how JDGA seems to have defended himself against most of the arguments against him) I figure it's worth switching my vote over.

Therefore,
Unvote : JDGA
and
Vote : Hang 'em High
Ben Miff
Ben Miff
Townie
Ben Miff
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Ben Miff »

Been lurking, mostly, given how I haven't had much time to actually post. (Coursework and the ilk.)

Anyway, I figure I may as well stay on the Hangem vote, since I prefer not to change my vote without a "better" target to switch to. Also, northjayhawk, I might just be being slightly dense, but I can't actually see what questions there were I'm meant to be answering? (Unless, of course, I misread that and you were referring to Hangem, in which case, apologies for the confusion.)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”