Newbie 515-Abandoned = |

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote: Northjayhawk
for stealing my random.org shtick. Fie on you!
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, Northjay, it's a pretty obvious trap- saving for someone on their very first game. Even then, I doubt they'd fall for it, seeing as how it's mentioned it almost every newbie game when somebody hits L-2, so any prereading would likely have revealed it.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Overdefensiveness is usually associated with nervousness, not necessarily scuminess. I don't like that he jumps to defend himself before anyone attacked him, but I did the same thing myself in my first few games, so I'm not too worried at the mo'.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

JDGA wrote: TWBAEIIWABIISTIANPI
Now I just have to ask...
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

First of all, that acronym is liquified brilliance.

Secondly, are we out of the random vote stage? It's not as though we have anything particularly solid worth standing on now; I don't see that our position from the beginning of the game has improved in any noticeable fashion.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I tell you what I think; that is all. My point is only that I believed the wagon on JDGA (and my feelings would have been the same for anyone) was moving decidedly quickly for having almost nothing to work with. It's page 2; you can say want you will, but there's no way that anybody can get a good read on anyone, save someone literally jump up and shout "I'm Scum!"

When a wagon gets momentum this early, I get suspicious; there's a good chance that a scum might be pushing it, even if not voting themselves. The difference between a pressure wagon and a real one can be razor-thin.

Also, just because a vote doesn't say random on it, doesn't mean it has any merit.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Relax, dude, it's only been a day- and for many it's also finals week. The site may very well slow done, but that doesn't mean the game is dead.

And to supplement Jmar for any who don't want to follow the wiki link, WIFOM means Wine In Front Of Me, and comes from the movie the Princess Bride. Anyone whose seen it should remember the scene where Wesley and the Sicilian have their battle of wits, and the Sicilian's attempts to outsmart Wesley merely lead him in circles to no advantage.

Popular town-tells have gained this, too, e.g. "That's a town-tell, so he must be town. Or he could be a scum who knows that it's a town-tell, so maybe he's scum. But everybody knows that scum sometimes fake this tell, so he's town. But everybody knows that everybody knows that scum sometimes fake it, so he could be scum" and so on. You spend a lot of time and energy going nowhere.

I don't know if this was necessary, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, I was on an unexpected absence; my mother had an emergency, and I had to rush over.
JDGA wrote: as voting just to get a reaction tends to be scummish behavior.
Key word being "tends". Voting to get a reaction can also be very pro-town, when done correctly.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

With 4 alive, 7 will lynch
Now that's just weird.

Nobody has quicklynched, though it's only been 12 hours or so since L-1 has been hit. I have some questions to ask, but I think they'll be more effective if I wait for a little while, just to draw it out a little further.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, I'm back. I've been in and out like crazy for the last week, but I should be consistently in for a while. I still don't see anything significant enough to warrant a vote, but that could change shortly.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hang 'em has been sitting at L-1 for quite a while now, and hasn't responded. Resigned himself to the gallows? (I realize I shouldn't be slamming anyone for not posting). I'm thinking that I might cast the lynch vote in a day, just to see if the pressure will provoke anything.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Relax; I was never going to actually lynch him; I just hoped that it would scare him into posting. Anybody who knows me (which may be nobody here) knows that I'm not about to do anything hasty.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm here and willing to play; though I'm afraid that four replacements will turn this into an entirely different game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”