Newbie 515-Abandoned = |

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

1d6 roll from random.org = 1

Vote: Chris Cutpurse

It's just as well, he has a sneaky name anyway!
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
Vote: Northjayhawk
for stealing my random.org shtick. Fie on you!
*Nelson Muntz Laugh* Ha-Ha!
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

I agree with Ben, this seems very simplistic and has about a zero percent chance of working, unless we have some pretty stupid scum lurking among us.

This move just doesnt make a lot of sense for a townie. Even if you are going to go with this page 1 L-2 strategy, I dont think a townie would just blatantly spell out the "trap" in the plan so that even if the scum are dumb enough to fall for it, they would not do so now. You'd secretly keep your motive to yourself and perhaps explain yourself later if someone calls you out on the early L-2.

This reads more like a scum trying to figure out a good way to be helpful and fit in by trying to think of scum-hunting strategy, which a real townie wouldnt think is a good idea.

FoS: JDGA
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

After reading again following a break, I'll partially agree with what others said, JDGA's vote itself is not too suspicious. However, if this action is so innocent, then the fact that he felt the need to explain further that no one would likely risk voting on top of him is interesting.
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

A lot of good thought in that post. I'm mostly going to be away for a couple days, but I'll try to get back and see if I can put together anything interesting later this week.
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

Wow, I come back and find that we've become stuck in a ditch. (Sorry, got bad driving analogies whirling in my head, driving at a 15mph crawl in traffic during a horrible blizzard is not fun)

I will
unvote
since we really have very little at this point and the random phase seems to have outlived its possible usefulness. jmar's point got me thinking a bit, Hang 'em High's routine has gained us no extra knowledge, and he seems to imply that Chris Cutpurse is more likely to be innocent. Thats probably the sort of thought I'd keep to myself, since the scum would like to know the least likely lynch targets.

I may be reading way too much into that exchange, but I wanted to throw something new out there so this game doesnt just stall out on us. (ooh, another bad driving analogy! Yes, I do drive a stick, if you are in an automatic you arent really driving)
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

I may as well see if a vote will spark some activity, justification already listed in 55.

vote: Hang 'em High

I would like to see an answer to the questions posed by JDGA and myself.
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

Checking in, looks like nothing much happened since last time except Ben Miff decided to put Hang em at L-1. Hopefully he will be back soon to answer the questions that were posed.
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

I am still here
Northjayhawk
Northjayhawk
Townie
Northjayhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Northjayhawk »

Sorry everyone, but after a very nasty uproar on another game, I've found that I do not care for the flavor of mafia games played on this board. You guys have been mostly fine so far, but the stupid rudeness I've had to put up with in another game has taken the fun out of it.

I resign.
Mod, replace me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”