Newbie 515-Abandoned = |

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Post by JDGA »

OMGUS
Vote: Hang 'em High
. That puts you at L-2, but if the scum quicklynch then they're dead come Day 2.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by JDGA »

At the start of a game I random vote someone using the dice tag.

But if someone voted me before that, then I OMGUS vote them.

Simple.

I just pointed out the L-2 to try and avert suspicion.

(Man, this reminds me of my other game, Newbie 506, where I got suspicion directed at me for a load of BS that they spewed out of my first post. I was town in that game)
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by JDGA »

For completion, by 'avert suspicion' I mean 'not try to direct the townies towards a mislynch on me. I just don't use the preview button, sorry about that.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by JDGA »

My vote was an OMGUS, simply my omening game strategy. I tend to immediately defend myself because I don't use the preview button ( ^_^' ) and realised something else that could have been used by the mafia against me.

I pointed out the L-2 to do just that, to try and avoid an early mislynch, and also because early L-2's being OK hadn't been brought up yet in this game.

My metagaming was in reference to the fact that suspicion is being put onto me from what seems (to me) to be a load of BS, just like in my other game.

I hope that answers questions without bringing more up.

P.S. In advance, if I say TWBAEIIWABIISTIANPI, then that is my way of saying EBWOP. If you can figure out what it stands for, then good for you.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:52 am

Post by JDGA »

@Sudo_Nym:
This would be an edit, if it were allowed, but it isn't, so this is a new post instead.
:P
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:54 am

Post by JDGA »

And also
Unvote
, as we are out of the random voting stage.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 am

Post by JDGA »

1. Thanks :D
2. Despite the fact that all we have at the moment is a load of BS, it's still taken us out of the random voting stage.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by JDGA »

Page 1
might
(don't quote me on this) give out some useful information, but it's not likely as it is generally random votes and the start of a bandwagon brought out of BS to get the ball rolling. The BS bandwagon isn't mandatory, and I'm not necessarily saying that it happens all the time, but without it, the game generally drops off the radar.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by JDGA »

In my 'This reminds me...' statement, I simply meant that the BS bandwagon normally produced in page 1 has been against me in both of my games. It has nothing to do with my aglinment.

In that other game, there was a metagame idea like that where a certain person had done the exact same thing to someone else in a different game (where he was mafia) as he did to me in my other game and decided that that meant he was mafia in my other game too. He was wrong.

And that last paragraph is incredibly hard to interpret (I barely can myself) and it adds almost nothing to the game, so you might as well ignore it :D
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by JDGA »

@Chris Cutpurse: I meant 'he'. I knew that someone would misread it. Because I probably would myself.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by JDGA »

Heh. Nice. And
Mod, can we have a votecount?
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by JDGA »

Hey guys, if this is inactive then I WILL HATE YOU!!! :twisted:
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 am

Post by JDGA »

heh. But this game is getting a bit inactive.
Hang 'em High wrote:Good response -- and I actually agree with you. I didn't really have any issue with your vote at all. My real reason for voting was to see how you would react, and your response was reasonable and not overly defensive. Therefore:

Unvote: Chris Cutpurse
I find this post rather scummish, as voting just to get a reaction tends to be scummish behavior. Town often leave scum-tells when trying to self-defend, then the mafia can use those scum-tells to get a mislynch, and then it's lylo.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:36 am

Post by JDGA »

Great. We are getting nowhere, and everyone except 3 players have vanished. Hang 'em High is one of them, especially after those questions were asked against him, and that just makes him look more scummish to me. So, because i didn't do this in my last post (I forgot the FoS but that was probably implied),
Vote: Hang 'em High
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:25 pm

Post by JDGA »

@ the lolanimalz: In true manga style, I "..." :D

@ IH: That's the second time you've said "With 4 alive it's 7 to lynch". Stop modkilling people.

@ The Mafia Game: We've got a L-1, and Hang 'em still hasn't shown up. I say that someone ought to hammer him if he doesn't defend himself within 2-3 days. That said, I don't want to be hypocritical, because I am having some VERY sparodic access recently.

Also, by some ridiculous luck, my first game was with IH, being K5 Town. This is with IH, being K5 Town 2. :D
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by JDGA »

Oh. Sorry. I didn't realise that we were only on page 3, but he isn't responding. As for that, a mafia quicklynch on page 3 would be very good for the town, but that hasn't happened, indicating that Hang 'em is prob scum. But because we
are
on page 3 and we don't have enough information, then I'll
Unvote

P.S. I got really annoyed in my other game (which is interconnected with this in more ways than one) at someone who tried to lynch on page 2. I wasn't much better in this game, but (unlike the other game) I'm stopping now that I realised.

Even though Hang 'em is looking scummish, we are too early for a lynch at this point. I would still like a defense from him...
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:05 am

Post by JDGA »

They were trying to lynch me and was using nothing but BS, and ignored everything said until I roleclaimed. He was an IC. That was seriously annoying, and I unvoted partially because of that (also because I know that a page 1-early4 can be very detrimental to the town.).

But Hang 'em still hasn't posted on this page, so
IH, we
might
need a replacement.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:42 am

Post by JDGA »

OK, we're up to page 4. In the past
days, only jmar and I have posted. If you are actively lurking, then please tell us that. Otherwise we will probably have to get a fair few replacements.

Please don't kill this game by not posting...
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:00 am

Post by JDGA »

OK, thanks for that, everyone has indicated that they are still paying attention
EXCEPT
Hangem. Go Figure.

Also, it's a pity about your bad experience, but you still ought to try and play through it. I'm one of those people who finds an online game, sticks with it for a time, then drops off the radar for about 6 months whilst focusing on others. I've found one of those 'others', yet I'm sticking with the game to avoid looking like a lurker for any metagamers. So please stay, and just try and avoid playing with that certain player again.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 am

Post by JDGA »

TWBAEIIWABIISTIANPI: Chris didn't respond to my post request either. jmar's post in that block threw me off count.

And to IH, this game is getting nowhere and a deadline
might
help us get back in play.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 am

Post by JDGA »

Yeah, don't lynch him yet. It will be best with a replacement. Otherwise he could come up ANYTHING!!! And plus we wouldn't get very much information from it. Information -> Good for us -> We have higher chance of beating the Mafia. And vice versa. So no-one ought to lynch Hang 'em (yet).
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by JDGA »

OK, we're back in business! If we can get everyone (without exceptions) posting again, and have something to post about. In the meantime, we need analyses. And when Hang 'em (or his possible replacement) returns, then we can finally get some answers. I'll post an analaysis later, and in the meantime, I'd like to see what you people think. We need to get this game moving again.

Also,
IH, what are your rules about deadline? I would like to know:
1. if deadlines are retractable?
2. what happens if deadline passes?

We need this game back in play.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 am

Post by JDGA »

Damn this. This is going nowhere and won't until Chris and Hang 'em, especially Hang 'em, return/are replaced.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by JDGA »

We
need
Hang 'em replaced as it has been 3 days and we need to get the game going again. That won't happen until he is replaced, therefore he needs a replacement ASAP.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 am

Post by JDGA »

Game is officially dead. Unless, of course, Hang 'em gets replaced, in which case the game is necromancified :P
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”