mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:34 am

Post by mathcam »

So I take it by this that your first post was serious. Could you help me out by explaining to me what part of that plan you find objectionable?

Cam
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:40 am

Post by JDodge »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
JDodge wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote mathcam
"for proposing a strategy for deciding who to vote for"

quite scummy
Are you thinking? At all?
who proposes a strategy to vote for someone on the fisrt page of voting just based on roles?
Because random voting is just
so
much more useful. It makes sense that until we have info, we go after people who are
potentially the biggest threat to the town
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

JDodge wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
JDodge wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote mathcam
"for proposing a strategy for deciding who to vote for"

quite scummy
Are you thinking? At all?
who proposes a strategy to vote for someone on the fisrt page of voting just based on roles?
Because random voting is just
so
much more useful. It makes sense that until we have info, we go after people who are
potentially the biggest threat to the town
so then it is there instead of the random vote stage, and shouldnt be taken as serious?..this question goes to mathcam as well
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:48 am

Post by mathcam »

I would say it's a strategy that's superior to random voting, so yes, I think it should be taken seriously. You still haven't told me what you find objectionable about the strategy in the first place.

Cam
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:28 am

to pick a lynch based on a role that could be too powerful if in the hands of scum no matter the alignment versus scum hunting the normal way to find scum?

do I really need to answer this question?

what is your plan tomorrow? Lynch the second most powerful role?

I dont mind the idea if we are generating conversation (like a random voting stage), but to lynch Day 1 based on this is crap.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:48 am

Post by mathcam »

Who said anything about lynching? I was talking about voting.

And I certainly never claimed that scumminess was irrelevant -- in fact, I'm
currently
voting for someone based on scumminess and not because of their role.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:50 am

Post by mathcam »

Sorry, one more thing: The
first line
of the post in which I suggested this plan begins with (emphasis added)
mathcam wrote:
Until I see something particularly scummy
, it seems sensible to figure out which of the roles are significantly more harmful if they are in the hands of scum than they are beneficial if they're in the hands of pro-town players.
Cam
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:41 am

well, i dont typically vote for someone unless I think they are scummy, thus would be ok for a lynch....but it sounds like you are only really proposing a conversation starter..

unvote.

Jdodge...now did you mean voting (like mathcam) or lynching?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:54 am

Post by JDodge »

curiouskarmadog wrote:well, i dont typically vote for someone unless I think they are scummy, thus would be ok for a lynch....but it sounds like you are only really proposing a conversation starter..

unvote.

Jdodge...now did you mean voting (like mathcam) or lynching?
Voting, of course.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:40 am

Post by davidangelsummers »

I use objectionable cuz its cool! I paid to post this in some cafe in Hove (near Brighton) just cuz I want to play this game ..I never post at weekends. I wish I had something to say..I did not think this through..
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

unfos Jdodge, mathcam

Wow...I was completely wrong there.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, good. Your original FOS confused me, but since I was already confused by ckd, I better take care of one confusion at a time. Out of curiosity, what was the original FOS for?

Cam
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It was pretty obvious to me that CKD was being sarcastic. In my mind, it looked like you and jdodge were deliberately misinterpreting his post to make him look bad. I was obviously quite wrong, as he WAS serious.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

fos CKD
for his reaction to cam. That was rather unusual.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

ZONEACE wrote:
fos CKD
K, how bout some not already discussed insight?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Thestatusquo wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
fos CKD
no thats all i got for now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

ZONEACE wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
fos CKD
no thats all i got for now.
I wonder if you have been paying attention to the thread, then, because I have "got" significantly more. Why would you say that you haven't gleaned any more from the thread than that tidbit?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

I wasn't clear. That's the only insight i felt like sharing so far. My bad.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

ZONEACE wrote:I wasn't clear. That's the only insight i felt like sharing so far. My bad.
Really? So you dont think Mathcams system is worth discussing? Why not? Also, I wonder what you could have possibly noticed that you do not feel like sharing. Isn't it generally in the towns best interests to share all information that they have? I mean, in general the only thing I don't like to bring up are breadcrumbing and stuff like that, but thats not exactly RELEVANT in this game, is it?

(also, noted your post, so if you don't share later expect me to come down on you pretty hard for it.)
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:48 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Well, let's see if I can contribute a little to this discussion.

I think Eden, Nathan and Peter are dangerous in the hands of scum, especially if two or more are partnered together, and can cause a lot chaos in town without town realising it.

HRG and the Haitian will be very helpful if pro-town but the Haitian's immunity to Powers has a lot more advantage as anti-town. If the Haitian is pro-town, the immunity is useful only to prevent anti-town Ted from suiciding on him and anti-town Eden from redirecting him. So I do agree that HRG is more pro-town than the Haitian if you go by a certain logic.

Ted is... well, not very helpful as scum and even worse as an SK. Anti-town Linderman is useless too, other than the town not having a doc.

Ando? Ando is Ando and nothing more can be said about him.

I don't have anything on Mohinder and DL though and I would be interested in some discussion about their respective abilities and usefulness as pro-town and danger as anti-town.

And finally, we have the Investigation Roles. Matt and Claude are just the usual Tracker and Watcher stuff. I personally think they are more helpful as pro-town than anti-town but it might be WIFOM since I'm Claude. :D

Now, I haven't actually looked into all the roles into the finest detail but that's what I've gathered from first and second impressions.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:54 am

Mod: question (sorry if this has already been asked)

since HRG does not have a power, is the Haitian immuned to my ability?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Seol »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Mod: question (sorry if this has already been asked)

since HRG does not have a power, is the Haitian immuned to my ability?
No, the Haitian's ability does not interfere with HRG's ability.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

YvonneSeer wrote:Well, let's see if I can contribute a little to this discussion.

I think Eden, Nathan and Peter are dangerous in the hands of scum, especially if two or more are partnered together, and can cause a lot chaos in town without town realising it.

HRG and the Haitian will be very helpful if pro-town but the Haitian's immunity to Powers has a lot more advantage as anti-town. If the Haitian is pro-town, the immunity is useful only to prevent anti-town Ted from suiciding on him and anti-town Eden from redirecting him. So I do agree that HRG is more pro-town than the Haitian if you go by a certain logic.

Ted is... well, not very helpful as scum and even worse as an SK. Anti-town Linderman is useless too, other than the town not having a doc.

Ando? Ando is Ando and nothing more can be said about him.

I don't have anything on Mohinder and DL though and I would be interested in some discussion about their respective abilities and usefulness as pro-town and danger as anti-town.

And finally, we have the Investigation Roles. Matt and Claude are just the usual Tracker and Watcher stuff. I personally think they are more helpful as pro-town than anti-town but it might be WIFOM since I'm Claude. :D

Now, I haven't actually looked into all the roles into the finest detail but that's what I've gathered from first and second impressions.
Since there has been actual discussion, how about actual comments about the players in this game? THis discussion is bad insofar as it doesn't get us any closer to finding scum.
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:42 am

Post by YvonneSeer »

Thestatusquo wrote:Since there has been actual discussion, how about actual comments about the players in this game? THis discussion is bad insofar as it doesn't get us any closer to finding scum.
Among the players who have posted in the game so far, I find mathcam the most pro-town because I agree with what he has come up with. I think that discussion of the roles is helpful to know what powers that the scum we're up against have. I understand that we've had nothing much from this discussion yet but still, it's also hard to find scum when some have yet to make a post.

Though I will say that I'll be watching two players for now: CKD and you, TSQ. CKD, I think, was a little too opportunistic in voting mathcam after shaft.ed did. But it's been resolved as a misunderstanding, so I'll just keep an eye on him.

TSQ, I really didn't like your early FoSes on mathcam and JDodge with no explanation. It looked a lot like third-party OMGUS on behalf of CKD. Now, I didn't point anything out at first because I wanted to see what CKD was up to. But since it's been resolved as another misunderstanding, and you've explained yourself properly, there is nothing further to say about it. My other eye will be on you though, just in case you had conveniently made a reasonable excuse and escaped.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Seol before I start off, another Eden question. If a player choses no target can Eden force one to be made?

Bah I got off to a really bad start in this game. First off, I didn't read Cam's initial post closely enough. I should have noticed he was just putting the idea of Eden being most antitown out there. Also, like CKD and TSQ I had the feeling that he was pushing for a policy lynch, and not simple pressure. For this reason I think I should
unvote Mathcam

Also I've been rolling it over in my head this weekend and Eden is in fact the most dangerous role to the town, not the Haitian. This is because the Haitian's power can be contained where Eden's can "get out." The Haitian's power make us know that JDodge is unTrackable and Vigable, but if they were picked up by Sylar they would be of little use because once a "dampened" result is obtained Sylar will be found out. So the threat stays with JDodge. However, if Sylar kills Oman and picks up the redirection, we will have no way of knowing whether any of our investigation results are worth anything. This negates a good portion of our protown powers. While it wouldn't be that big of a problem if they power were to be steadfastly remaining with Oman since he can be Dampened, Jailed or Tracked, the danger of the powers escaping is real. And having the Jailkeeper's target choreographed each day is also a big problem. Thus I rescind my earlier analysis and agree that Oman's role is an inherently greater threat than JDodge's.

In a further power analysis I have to say I found some of Yvonne's comments off.
YvonneSeer wrote:I think Eden, Nathan and Peter are dangerous in the hands of scum, especially if two or more are partnered together, and can cause a lot chaos in town without town realising it.
This is a very curosry analysis. I fail to see how my powers are extremely dangerous to the town. It's not like people won't be able to elucidate who I targeted. I expect if tommorow comes and I haven't targeted the Watcher, Tracker or Doc I'm going to be under a large amount of pressure.
YvonneSeer wrote:HRG and the Haitian will be very helpful if pro-town but the Haitian's immunity to Powers has a lot more advantage as anti-town. If the Haitian is pro-town, the immunity is useful only to prevent anti-town Ted from suiciding on him and anti-town Eden from redirecting him. So I do agree that HRG is more pro-town than the Haitian if you go by a certain logic.
As I've stated before the Haitian is hardly a protown role. The threat of a scum Ted kill is largest if he is close to lynch when the Haitian cannot dampen him. The only good thing the Haitian gives the town is control over the Redirection which will be moot if picked up by Sylar.
YvonneSeer wrote:Matt and Claude are just the usual Tracker and Watcher stuff. I personally think they are more helpful as pro-town than anti-town but it might be WIFOM since I'm Claude.
Given the set up of two killing groups having them around as scum may not be bad in the early goings. But noone should get a free pass based on their role.

As far as players go, I haven't noticed any big transgressions. CKD's attacking of Mathcam was a bit much, but I did the same for even poorer reasons.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”