Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Grawr!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Flameaxe wrote:Grawr!
Yeah, you keep doing that.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I plan to.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Flameaxe wrote:Grawr!
always knew you were a pussy...

Cat. :wink:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Battle Mage wrote: This is frigging ridiculous. I officially hate this game atm. :evil:
I'm going to lurk for a while unless Skruffs is willing to put himself forward in the way he suggested earlier.

BM
Your case against Skruffs is not compelling. You haven't convinced enough people that what you think is true. Just drop it for no and do something constructive. Maybe that will help you like the game better. Having a tantrum, and rehashing the same ineffectual points will do nothing.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

The above post is very truthy, I must say.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

The Fonz wrote:Tar- what is the flavour justification for your investigations? Can you detect any antitown forces, or just a specific scumgroup?
Why are you fishing?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by vollkan »

Now we have 21-30:

Page 21

Skruffs is rather melodramatic in his post on BM and he makes a yucky appeal to emotion by talking about how
he
is not not going to stoop to BM's level and how BM is trying to turn people against him. Also, his stuff about BM lying about being German seems a little contrived. I mean, the incontinent thing obviously relates to the prunes, so BM thinks prunes are German. As for the pies and pasties, I don't have a clue how he rationalised this as German, but it seems a bit like reaching to use this as an attack on BM's honesty.

Page 22

I don't get Gorrad's chicken sandwiching of BM. He bases it on the fact that the BBN did nothing - when it should be obvious that whatever it does might occur at night. Moreover, he says the cream pie stunt was stupid...but never explains why BM seems scummy. And BM then throws Sauerkraut, explaining the German thing (if not a tad conveniently). Tar again pops up to asks questions and make no actual comment. Skruffs seems a little fatalistic about BM conspiring to bring him down. I do not like Gorrad's attack on BM for lying about the cream pie; he seems to think that lying to generate reactions is inherently scummy (something I disagree with). Skruffs than bombards BM, easily outdoing Gorrad in scumminess.

Page 23

And BM responds in kind...And then flame responds by attacking skruffs with food (What about BM??) Jordan does the same thing. Look, I get that skruffs started it, but I don't see why BM should get impunity for it; I'd be giving them both equal serves. And PEG joines in also...I actually agree with Gorrad gummy bearing BM, if only because I don't like BM any more than I like Skruffs.

Page 24

BM claims librarian - I don't think this excuses his behaviour. Reaction-seeking is reaction-seeking but engaging in a "scumminess pissing match" is just stupid. BM makes an interesting point, though, about skruffs insinuating that adult may equate to scum, when he apparently claimed dinner lady. Gorrad's effort to raise doubts on BM's claim because "I fail to see why the librarian would be in the lunchroom at all!" is contrived. I really dislike Gorrad continuing to doubt the alignment of adults.

Page 25

Erg0 makes a good observation that it has been misrepresentation to say that skruffs doubted his own alignment. And Tar goes berserk at BM. Whilst BM's play has been "interesting", I find this rather ridiculous (particularly when Tar backs it up with speculation about librarians being anti-noise).

Page 26

BM says he has caught a scumbag beyond reasonable doubt. I assume he means skruffs (it's the only person it could mean) but his confidence is bizarre. As is skitzer throwing food at BM AND skruffs "for contributions sake" - horribly scummy; it's a blatant effort to just appear to be sitting with the majority.

Page 27

I don't understand why people are worrying about there not being enough food. The graph is showing about 50% with much more than 100 dmg having been done. In fact, I dislike Yama's attack with the coffee for this very reason - he makes no explanation other than showing his ability to hurt (and waste coffee :evil:) Erg0's coke is a bit better, because he refers to him having previous suspicion *mental note to see whether Yama had a history of suspicion*

Page 28

The debate between BM and skruffs gets ridiculously off-track here, with them debating who has been more helpful (all either has really done is attack the other). Hooray for JDodge telling them to shut up.

Page 29

BM makes an extensive post on skruffs. Most of his points are reasonable, though his tone makes them seem so much more decisive than they really are (but I've come to expect that from BM).

Page 30

ckillor rolefishes. BM's attacks on skruffs over the cauldron are contrived - I'm surprised Jordan agrees.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

Tarhalindur wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Tar- what is the flavour justification for your investigations? Can you detect any antitown forces, or just a specific scumgroup?
Why are you fishing?
Hello? You already claimed. I'm interested in probing the veracity of it, and things like any indication there might be sanity issues, or your ability being limited to a specific scumgroup, and so on- stuff that a town needs to know.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm kind of curious why The Fonz is curious if aboiut who Tarhalindur can target... the only way I can see him asking that is if he thinks BM is an SK or whatnot, with immunity. The only *town* reason, anyways.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Lowell »

The Fonz wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Why are you fishing?
Hello? You already claimed. I'm interested in probing the veracity of it, and things like any indication there might be sanity issues, or your ability being limited to a specific scumgroup, and so on- stuff that a town needs to know.
Are there multiple scumgroups? Do you know this?

... too many secrets....
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, logically, if one scumgroup is an evil administration that expels people, and the other is a psychopath who chops people up and dumps them in the pot containing the next days' lunch, it would require quite some leap of flavour.

I'm a little confused as to your bizarre 'no other pro-town reason' as I can't think of a pro-scum reason for asking that question. Pro-town claimants should reveal as much info as they possibly can when claiming.

@BM: In theme games, where one or more killing groups have a very distinct flavour, it's very often the case that the NK flavour ties in with the general role flavour- for instance, werewolves eating, vampires sucking dry, psychopaths stabbing, axe maniacs chopping, high-tech aliens vapourising, and so on. If the SK in this game is a psycho who dumps people in a cauldron, it is very likely that the pm hints at a prediliction for that kind of thing. Even if it didn't, do you really think an SK whose theatre of operations is the kitchen would be given dinnerlady as a safeclaim? That's like giving a vampire 'Blood donation clinic employee.'

Also, your 'Skruffs has claimed to have unlimited BB notes' point is simply false. Re-read him. He said he has a limited number per day, which is fewer than eight. He 'threw eight' so people wouldn't know exactly how many he has. I'd strongly suggest you drop this Skruffs thing.

Skruffs
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Exactly Fonz. He gets his BB notes respawned each day. In other words, an unlimited number (assuming he has any in the first place).

But whatever. Its obv Skruffs isnt going to be lynched until we get to endgame, and you guys wake up and smell the coffee. At least i can say i did my best. :)

Im not sure there is a great deal of point me looking for other scummy players. If what i say is ignored when i'm confirmed innocent, and absolutely 100% certain of someone being scum, with setup verification of this, i dont see how me making a case against anyone else is going to be any different. I'm going to take a step back from this game for a while. If there is a compelling case for someone else being scum, i'll throw my lunchbox at them. If not, it goes on Skruffs as a matter of principle. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

BM- your suggestions aren't being ignored. We've explained why we think your arguments are bad. If you're THAT convinced Skruffs is scum, take a look for who you think his buddies might be. Because I'm more convinced that he isn't SK than you are that he is antitown.

A set number every day
is not
the same as an unlimited number, in any way, shape or form. I take it from this you are claiming to have begun the game with a set number to use for the entire game?

Also: you aren't 'Confirmed town' in my book. You'd be confirmed town if it became clear that a) Tar is telling the truth, b) he's sane, and c) he has the ability to pick up all antitown groups (which I think is unlikely, actually). You're very likely town.

@Lowell: I'm thinking SK rather than second scumgroup at this point. The kill method seems SK-ish for starters.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:BM- your suggestions aren't being ignored. We've explained why we think your arguments are bad. If you're THAT convinced Skruffs is scum, take a look for who you think his buddies might be. Because I'm more convinced that he isn't SK than you are that he is antitown.
Why would we JUST be hunting for an SK?
Fonzie wrote: A set number every day
is not
the same as an unlimited number, in any way, shape or form. I take it from this you are claiming to have begun the game with a set number to use for the entire game?
Affirmative.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Battle Mage wrote:
The Fonz wrote:BM- your suggestions aren't being ignored. We've explained why we think your arguments are bad. If you're THAT convinced Skruffs is scum, take a look for who you think his buddies might be. Because I'm more convinced that he isn't SK than you are that he is antitown.
Why would we JUST be hunting for an SK?
We're not, but the argument was made that Skruffs was an SK candidate, and I felt the need to rebut that. In particular this bit:
Battle Mage wrote: and i suppose whilst the fact that the flavour seems to indicate me slightly more than Skruffs, the fact that Jdodge was killed IN THE KITCHEN, IN A CAULDRON, WHERE SKRUFFS ALLEGEDLY WORKS, AND HAS BEEN SERVED UP TO THE CHILDREN, is completely irrelevant? :o
Which is a masterpiece of fail. Since the cauldron kill seems to me to be the SK kill, whilst expulsions are group scum kill, that's why i've been hammering the 'HE'S CLEARLY NOT A FREAKING SK' angle.

In the substance of the 'Jester' argument, he was entirely right and you entirely wrong. You basically pulled the full craplogic 360 on him- you suggest ST is a jester, Skruffs argues against there being a jester, you then suggest that Sir T is not a jester but Skruffs' buddy. This is BS, since suggesting someone is a jester (like Sir T) is a way of defending them, whilst distancing from their play. Skruffs attacks you for defending sir T and then you suggest HE is defending Sir T, and attack him for it.

You also went after Sir T with an argument which looked like it could be distancing to start with, since everyone apart from the most annoying noobs knows that not giving reasons is not in itself scummy.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 am

Post by mneme »

Sir T wasn't scummy. Just
baka
. This means that BM wasn't distancing from anyone.

I suspect Scruffs is scum (the lunch lady is -always- scum! See the Buffy telepath ep!), but that doesn't seem to be the play today, and the details of how he claimed don't feel scummy qua scummy.

BM: are you saying your BB notes do not refresh at the beginning of the day? Have you double-checked this?

Instead, I'll
smush a
ikura sushi roll
into gorrad's hair
(ikura-maki! But it probably wouldn't be real if I called it that, despite being the same thing!)
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:22 am

Post by mneme »

I'm aparently ne-baka myself, as I failed to notice BB confirming his belief that he had a fixed number of bb notes for the whole game. But it appears to be confirmed that Skruffs (scum or not) has BB notes, as we got told that 4 had been used (presumably, Skruffs hsa 3/day, and BB has however many he has).
Did I say too much?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Gorrad »

GAH!!!! Fish in hair! Do you know how long I'll have to scrub to get this stuff out? Why?!?!? What have I done? You give no reasons!
Flail gummy bear at mneme

Oh, also, I'm pretty much convinced on the BM is scum front. Deadline's approaching, and I want this sorted out once and for all.
Hurl Mock Chicken Sandwich at Battle Mage
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

In what possible world is it a good idea to test a cop's result by killing the claimed innocent, Gorrad?

catapult two jellybeans at Gorrad
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:58 am

Post by mneme »

Ikura are salmon eggs, gorrad. Not all sushi are fish; the only constant is rice and nori.

I don't need to "give a reason" -- you've given us enough of them. Your OMGUS included.

sends a grape-jelly and cabbage sushi roll spinning into Gorrad's face
Did I say too much?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Gorrad »

Have you not been reading the arguments? BM's case is full of shit, he's claiming different BBN rules than Skruffs, and he said he had a win condition when others, myself included, did not. I don't care what Tar said, the logic against him is just too overwhelming. He could be insane, he could be scum, he could have been mixed up. Any of those I would not be surprised to be true of a cheerleader. Plus, cheerleader/mason? That's a pretty OP role, I'd expect a limitation. There are too many factors for me to be sure of Tar's accuracy. I stand by my BM-is-scum statement.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Gorrad »

mneme wrote:Ikura are salmon eggs, gorrad. Not all sushi are fish; the only constant is rice and nori.

I don't need to "give a reason" -- you've given us enough of them. Your OMGUS included.

sends a grape-jelly and cabbage sushi roll spinning into Gorrad's face
Yes, you do. If no one gave reasons, the scum could run wild and there'd be nothing to stop them. It's a game of logic, so use it!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:20 am

Post by mneme »

Gorrad wrote: I don't need to "give a reason" -- you've given us enough of them. Your OMGUS included.
Yes, you do. If no one gave reasons, the scum could run wild and there'd be nothing to stop them. It's a game of logic, so use it![/quote]

Yay! Craplogic/reductio ad absurdium!

Note the connection between you acting scummy and my throwing food at you... Here, have another temaki!

stuffs a lutefisk and natto sushi roll down Gorrad's shirt
Did I say too much?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Stop wasting yer food.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”