Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:01 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Off the Mark (3): Panzerjager, Phate, Thantos
Zhao (2): SensFan, Holy
Thantos (1): Off the Mark
Phate (1): Korlash
QuickBen (1): DrunkenPiper

Not Voting (4): kabenon007, QuickBen, Jex, Zhao

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch.
Last edited by bird1111 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:19 am

Post by PJ. »

OTM, must have forgotten I modded a game in which he was a survivor and I have read a game of his as town. He Is acting somewhere between him as a survivor and him as a Godfather. Either way I don't think this is a good thing. I dislike the way he jumped on others with faulty logic as Phate has pointed out.

BTW, Thanatos is voting OTM not Drunken Piper

Fixed.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 am

Post by PJ. »

Oh and on the issue of Phate's playstyle and arrogance, see AniX.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 am

Post by kabenon007 »

OffTheMark wrote:I still consider him trustworthy as town, but I do not find it fun to be a "teammate" with someone like this and I almost want to vote him off just to improve the game.
This seems to me like OTM is trying to set himself for later if he decides to lynch Phate, and Phate comes up town. He can refer back to this post and be like, eh, even if he isn't scum, we are better off without him, which is bullshit. A townie has power just by being alive and holding a vote, or if they don't vote, at least they are increasing the number of votes it takes to lynch, which can be good or bad.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Zhao
Zhao
Goon
Zhao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Zhao »

OTM, you have some explaining to do …
OTM wrote:
Post 133

vote: Thanatos

Phate is making sense. Your disagreement with his plans does not seem like townie reasoning to me. There is a marked difference between the way Korlash and Sensfan have disagreed and discussed the issues around the plan and how you have discussed the plan. You don't seem to have any non-BS reasons for disagreeing, basically.

FOS: kabenon for having a non-committal opinion on the exchange. Sounds like he's waiting to see which way the wind blows - common for scum.
OTM wrote:
Post 178

unvote:

After reading the last page, Thanatos no longer seems scummy to me.

However, this:
kabenon wrote:But I think Phate's plan could work, but it would take luck, extenuating circumstances, but I don't like the town running full blown into a plan that could cripple us as well.

STILL reads as quite noncommittal to me. Just because he said Thanatos comes out on top doesn't mean he has a real opinion on the debate. He is still ready to lean either way.

I still think the plan is a good one, btw. It is true that some power roles will be exposed upon reassignment, but that's much better than losing the power roles altogether.

vote: kabenon
Here you are setting up kabenon then voting for him because he wouldn’t choose sides concerning Phate’s plan.
OTM wrote:
Post 273

Anyway, back to the game... I have a list of players I trust at this point and players I am still not sure about. I'll share so we can see who agrees and who thinks I'm off my rocker:

Trust:
Phate
Korlash
kabenon (yes I know I suspected him, he's changed my mind)
Holy
SensFan
Drunken Piper
However here you put him in the trust group. What happened from post 178-273 from him being suspicious enough for a vote to one of you ‘trusted’ townies? That’s a pretty big change.

You’ve also mentioned before that you feel Phate is a trusted townie because he is pushing a pro-town plan, but what reasons do you have for the other 4? I hope you are not just throwing names around so others can fill in the blanks for you.
OTM wrote:
Post 285

This
Zhao wrote: I felt Phate was suspicious because he so resistant to criticism when he was trying to sell his plan. I would think that a townie would try to be more cooperative. He kept on saying his plan was flawless, and even when as far as saying that people that were against him were either dumb or scum.
is absolutely correct. Phate's reactions to the challenges of his plan have been ridiculous. However, I agree with Phate that this comes down to playstyle. Phate may be an arrogant bastard, but this unfortunately does not make him scum. I still consider him trustworthy as town, but I do not find it fun to be a "teammate" with someone like this and I almost want to vote him off just to improve the game.
Why are you saying my statement is absolutely correct? I said Phate is suspicious because of his playstyle. But you said his playstyle does not make him scum. And then you continue that you consider him trustworthy as town.

I totally disagree with your statement where you said you would vote him off because he is difficult. Lynching a difficult townie is still a townie lynch and hurts the town.

What did you mean by “teammate”? The only teams possible are the scum team and night communicators. You trying to catch Phate with a guilt by association ploy incase you get lynched?

OTM wrote:
Post 290

Phate, to change gears slightly, what do you think of Thanatos's recent hop-on of your bandwagon? Doesn't THAT seem like buddying up, since it seems to irk you so much when people agree with you?
You are trying to defect Phate’s attention away from yourself.

OTM wrote:
Post 295

I also find it a little disturbing that you are saying my logic is suspect because I think you are a townie. If you ARE indeed a townie, shouldn't you just think I am perceptive? Perhaps you read too literally. I don't share ALL of my thoughts as I read the thread, or else I would dominate the thread with pages and pages of material. That's one of the hardest things for me when I play this game, is how much I choose to communicate, and what I choose to share.
You expected Phate to be nice to you since you put him on you trust list … if he was townie? Are you trying to imply he might be scum since he’s not saying you are perceptive?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Zhao wrote:OTM, you have some explaining to do …

(snip)

Here you are setting up kabenon then voting for him because he wouldn’t choose sides concerning Phate’s plan.
I wasn't "setting up" anything, the only way you could interpret me that way is by reading me with your mind already made up that I am scum and that is poor play. I was suspicious of kabenon for being noncomittal, he continued being noncommital, he got my vote. It's really not hard to figure out.
kabenon wrote:However here you put him in the trust group. What happened from post 178-273 from him being suspicious enough for a vote to one of you ‘trusted’ townies? That’s a pretty big change.
He has showed townish reasoning in the way he has reasoned out the pros/cons of the plan.
Zhao wrote:You’ve also mentioned before that you feel Phate is a trusted townie because he is pushing a pro-town plan, but what reasons do you have for the other 4? I hope you are not just throwing names around so others can fill in the blanks for you.
Ridiculous. All of the players I have named as trusted have demonstrated that they are working in the best interests of the town, mainly with their reactions/discussion of Phate's plan. Again, pretty simple.
Zhao wrote:Why are you saying my statement is absolutely correct? I said Phate is suspicious because of his playstyle. But you said his playstyle does not make him scum. And then you continue that you consider him trustworthy as town.
I said your statement is correct because I can see your reasoning, and I agree that Phate's reactions to the challenges of his plan have been unreasonable. But I disagreed with your conclusion and I explained why. I guess I shouldn't have said "absolutely" correct. I can understand your motivations, though, is basically all I'm saying.
Zhao wrote:I totally disagree with your statement where you said you would vote him off because he is difficult. Lynching a difficult townie is still a townie lynch and hurts the town.
My comment was in jest. Of course I do not want to lynch a townie. I said "I almost want to lynch him just to make the game more enjoyable" - obviously that is different than "I want to lynch him." Your sarcastic-meter needs realignment.
Zhao wrote:What did you mean by “teammate”? The only teams possible are the scum team and night communicators. You trying to catch Phate with a guilt by association ploy incase you get lynched?
The town is a team. I am assuming Phate is on my team, the town team. It is really unbelievable how badly you can misinterpret things.
Zhao wrote:You are trying to defect Phate’s attention away from yourself.
First, the word is "deflect". "Defect" is when you change sides in a war. To respond, no, I was actually interested in his opinion. I was also checking for hypocrisy on Phate's part.
Zhao wrote:You expected Phate to be nice to you since you put him on you trust list … if he was townie?
No, I have no idea where you got that idea. Maybe you just shouldn't read my posts if you're going to misunderstand them so badly. Seriously, this is troubling.
Zhao wrote:Are you trying to imply he might be scum since he’s not saying you are perceptive?
No, I'm not implying anything, I thought it was an interesting discussion point. If Phate responded badly to that question, THEN I might start thinking he could be scum. At this point I am just looking for an explanation. I think you are trying to read into me too deeply, when really the meaning is right there on the surface. I am a deep person, but I type what I mean. I don't have hidden agendas, for the most part.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

kabenon wrote:This seems to me like OTM is trying to set himself for later if he decides to lynch Phate, and Phate comes up town. He can refer back to this post and be like, eh, even if he isn't scum, we are better off without him, which is bullshit.
Sigh, another bad reader. See above. I have no intention of voting for Phate unless something radically changes.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Panzerjager wrote:OTM, must have forgotten I modded a game in which he was a survivor and I have read a game of his as town. He Is acting somewhere between him as a survivor and him as a Godfather.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that game. Well, I wasn't completely acting like a townie there either, was I? Is that all you got as far as metareasons go? I am acting "between" a survivor and a godfather? Not sure how that even works... but anyway... I play a little differently in almost all my games. It depends on the other people I'm playing with, how much I'm suspected, experience level of the players, etc.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Thanatos wrote:As I'm almost positive I mentioned in the past, OTM has come off really scummy to me. Phate's vote on him was unexpected, but it's convinced me to
Vote:OTM
, with intent to lynch. It's late, so I'll go into detail tomorrow.
Ok. I'm going to need to make this quick, but here is what it boils down to.

I am pretty uncertain about how I feel about Phate. On the one hand, I believe he is hunting scum, but on the other, his planning and stubberness is detrimental. OTM is...consistant, but the way he clings to people and flings at others leads me to question him. The two have interesting play styles, but, and I know this is mostly a hunch, I believe that one of them is scum, or both of them are distancing. I truely believe this, and reading them both togehther and apart, for me, supports this. I think that killing OTM is the right thing to do tonight, because it will help me understand this game alot better.

You don't need to agree with me, and I can can find specific posts to explain, but that is, in short, why I voted.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:02 am

Post by QuickBen »

I really don't like it when people make comments like "I really think one of these two is scum and we should get rid of one of them asap." Its too easy for scum to pull that stuff and set up two townies who happen to be disagreeing for lynching. Being that the two in question seem to be two of our more prolific posters in here, it would also cripple discussion.

FOS Thanatos
Zhao
Zhao
Goon
Zhao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Zhao »

QuickBen wrote:I really don't like it when people make comments like "I really think one of these two is scum and we should get rid of one of them asap." Its too easy for scum to pull that stuff and set up two townies who happen to be disagreeing for lynching. Being that the two in question seem to be two of our more prolific posters in here, it would also cripple discussion.

FOS Thanatos
Thing is, both of them are acting pretty scummy so it's hard for me to agree with your statement. I hope you are not suggesting that a lively discussion is more important than scumhunting.

What is your opinion on the case against OTM?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Phate »

QuickBen, I agree with you completely.

Thanatos, you say that my planning and "stubberness" is detrimental, without explaining why, and I can more-or-less handle that. And you say I'm hunting scum, which I'm glad you realise.

But how do you go straight from, "Well, Phate's too stubborn but he is hunting scum, and OTM has commited this entire list of scumtells over here, so surely at least one of them must be scum."

You'd cooled down on my suspicion list a bit, but if we lynch OTM today, I'll be voting for you D2.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:37 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Zhao- mainly because people's reactions to the discussion are where I find scum. I almost never get scumtells from the bigger arguments, but my how often the craplogic pops up amongst the people discussing that argument or interjecting their thoughts. So in a way, their discussion may not be scumhunting in your eyes, but it *is* helping me scumhunt. As far as the OTM thing is concerned, I'm not sure if he just has a scummy playstyle or if I'm getting true scum vibes from him. (Hence my lack of a vote.)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:20 am

Post by SensFan »

I'm here, sorry for my absense.

OTM has been looking very bad recently, most notably where (As mentionned) he sets up a possible excuse for a Phate mis-lynch and in post 307 where he admits that his playstyle changes based on many factors, including suspicion level. This looks to me like he wants to be able to (hopefully) come out ok of this debate, then lurk later, pointing to 307 as "proof" that he switches when he is not suspicious.

Unvote, Vote: OTM
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Thanatos »

Phate wrote:QuickBen, I agree with you completely.

Thanatos, you say that my planning and "stubberness" is detrimental, without explaining why, and I can more-or-less handle that. And you say I'm hunting scum, which I'm glad you realise.

But how do you go straight from, "Well, Phate's too stubborn but he is hunting scum, and OTM has commited this entire list of scumtells over here, so surely at least one of them must be scum."

You'd cooled down on my suspicion list a bit, but if we lynch OTM today, I'll be voting for you D2.
Because I feel like OTM started out clinging to you specificly, until you began strong distancing. I also feel that you potentially fit into the role of "scum leading town" by working on the OTM lynch, you think that that gets you off the hook. I'm not saying this is true, I just think that, by Killing OTM, I have the best ability to examine you, not to mention his own, innate, scumminess.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:46 am

Post by bird1111 »

Prodded SensFan.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:46 am

Post by Phate »

OTM clinging to me makes me scummy?

My pointing that out and pointing out all of his scumminess means I'm distancing?

My working on the OTM lynch fits me into a scum role?

My working on the OTM lynch makes me think I'm off the hook?

Even when you suffix an odd "not saying this is true," those are some incredibly flawed assumptions.

Now you know what I find more likely? I find it more likely that you've been relatively quiet throughout the whole case, and now you're popping up and saying, yeah, OTM is scummy, but what about Phate? I think it's more likely that you're defending your partner than that I'm distancing.

Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Thanatos »

Phate wrote:OTM clinging to me makes me scummy?

My pointing that out and pointing out all of his scumminess means I'm distancing?

My working on the OTM lynch fits me into a scum role?

My working on the OTM lynch makes me think I'm off the hook?

Even when you suffix an odd "not saying this is true," those are some incredibly flawed assumptions.

Now you know what I find more likely? I find it more likely that you've been relatively quiet throughout the whole case, and now you're popping up and saying, yeah, OTM is scummy, but what about Phate? I think it's more likely that you're defending your partner than that I'm distancing.
How am I defending OTM? I'm saying "hang the F***er" and let me think about Phate all the while.

I'm not even calling you scum. I'm saying OTM has been very scummy, and he has a relationship with you that I Find curious. That's all.
Zhao
Zhao
Goon
Zhao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Zhao »

OTM wrote: I wasn't "setting up" anything, the only way you could interpret me that way is by reading me with your mind already made up that I am scum and that is poor play. I was suspicious of kabenon for being noncomittal, he continued being noncommital, he got my vote. It's really not hard to figure out.
OTM wrote: He has showed townish reasoning in the way he has reasoned out the pros/cons of the plan.
When you voted for him in 178, he had posted some pro/cons of the plan (in which you edited out). You’re saying that his take on the plan pre-178 was scummy but post-178 was townie?

The thing is you posted nothing from 178-273 stating you felt kabenon was less suspicious. You only unvoted for him to bandwagon me. Suddenly dropping the ball in 273 stating he was a trusted townie doesn’t make sense.

@kabenon: Would you care to add your thoughts on this?
OTM wrote: Ridiculous. All of the players I have named as trusted have demonstrated that they are working in the best interests of the town, mainly with their reactions/discussion of Phate's plan. Again, pretty simple.
Are you going to share your reasoning, or keep us guessing? It bothers me that you throw around the ‘trusted townie’ label so freely with no explanation.
OTM wrote: My comment was in jest. Of course I do not want to lynch a townie. I said "I almost want to lynch him just to make the game more enjoyable" - obviously that is different than "I want to lynch him." Your sarcastic-meter needs realignment.
I’ve actually met players that have stood by this logic in previous games. To intermix jest statements with serious ones is not a good play.
OTM wrote: The town is a team. I am assuming Phate is on my team, the town team. It is really unbelievable how badly you can misinterpret things.
Are you still trying to buddy up with Phate even after he gave you that bussing?

I’m not satisfied at all with your explanations.
Vote: OTM

QuickBen wrote: @Zhao- mainly because people's reactions to the discussion are where I find scum. I almost never get scumtells from the bigger arguments, but my how often the craplogic pops up amongst the people discussing that argument or interjecting their thoughts. So in a way, their discussion may not be scumhunting in your eyes, but it *is* helping me scumhunt. As far as the OTM thing is concerned, I'm not sure if he just has a scummy playstyle or if I'm getting true scum vibes from him. (Hence my lack of a vote.)
So you’re saying we should keep Phate and OTM around because their dialog is helping you flush out scum. Alright, who you do suspect then?

Concerning OTM, so you are undecided on him. You’re saying his performance might be due to playstyle – but he is emitting scum vibes.

So is that the new excuse for people? If someone acts scummy, they’ll just say not to worry because he’s actually townie and that is his playstyle. I’m sensing BS.

Thanatos wrote: I'm not even calling you scum. I'm saying OTM has been very scummy, and he has a relationship with you that I Find curious. That's all.
If you are not calling Phate scummy, why did you make the statement where:
Thanatos wrote: … I believe that one of them is scum, or both of them are distancing.
So which is it? Is Phate scummy to you or not?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Thanatos »

I believe that one of them is probably scum, and the possibility exists that they both are. Exactly what I said.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by SensFan »

I believe that Thanatos' relative newbiness leads to his naive thinking that 2 pro-town roles never argue.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Phate »

SensFan, you're newer than Thanatos and you're still in the Goon stage. If you can figure it out, so can he.

QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by QuickBen »

@Zhao- I'm saying that generally I don't find scum in the big fights of the thread such as OTM and Phate seem to be in. I find them in the side convos. And you really need to stop misrepresenting what I'm saying. I'm saying that I can't pin down whether I'm getting scum vibes or if his playstyle just rubs me wrong.

At this point, the people I have my eye on are Zhao, OTM, and Thantos. The odd part is that I'm somewhat on the fence about all of them. Zhao seems like he's doing a bad job of paraphrasing at best and is deliberately misrepresenting people at worst. Still trying to figure out which at this point. My notes actually have you and OTM with "distancing?" next to it. OTM has a self proclaimed fluid playstyle which I'm not really used to. I get a bad vibe from him, but nothing concrete. Thantos gets similar feelings from me. I find myself reading his posts and wishing he had given more in depth reasoning for his points. The "hang the ****er" post feels like scum throwing a lost cause under the bus in order to appear town. All in all, nothing I feel confident enough to throw a vote at, but leads that I do plan to follow up on.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

OTM's actions confuse me. It seems like he just kind of slipped up, in my opinion. Like, I could see it that he was scum just picking someone to go after and then realizing that he had no case and backing off, hoping no one would notice. But he could actually have some reasoning behind switching his thoughts on me. I could see it both ways, but leaning more on the scummier one. But I won't vote yet, because I believe we are getting a little close with OTM. I would like a vote count before I proceed to vote.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ehh I think the OTM thing is going a bit fast for the evidnece I have seen brought to light. I will not say no to his lynch as I feel if town, we already have 1-2 scum on him. Making tomorrow that much easier...

But yeah...

I think Zhao put a pretty stupid case up near the top of this page... I agree with OTM on the misinterperate things. Not to mention Sarcasm is not the biggest scum tell in the world...

Zhao wrote:However here you put him in the trust group. What happened from post 178-273 from him being suspicious enough for a vote to one of you ‘trusted’ townies? That’s a pretty big change.
I dislike this point, yet I dislike OTM's answer even more... On one hand, I myself have drasitcally changed my opinions in 100 posts... yet I have no problem actaully telling them to the town myself...

Zhao wrote:What did you mean by “teammate”? The only teams possible are the scum team and night communicators. You trying to catch Phate with a guilt by association ploy incase you get lynched?
I am almost 100% positive he meant the "Town team" pretty hard to forget about that one isn't it? Unless of course you are not on it yourself...
Zhao wrote:
OTM wrote:
Post 290

Phate, to change gears slightly, what do you think of Thanatos's recent hop-on of your bandwagon? Doesn't THAT seem like buddying up, since it seems to irk you so much when people agree with you?

You are trying to defect Phate’s attention away from yourself.
No, he is trying to get Phate's opinion on another player. While, at the same time, throwing suspicion ONTO Phate.

so your actually wrong either way you look at it. I hate when attacker's are wrong in their attacks. If a case gives room for obvious strawmanning, it gives room for failure.
OTM wrote: I wasn't "setting up" anything, the only way you could interpret me that way is by reading me with your mind already made up that I am scum and that is poor play. I was suspicious of kabenon for being noncomittal, he continued being noncommital, he got my vote. It's really not hard to figure out.
I don;t like the "Non-commital" argument almost as much as I hate the "Opprotunistic" argument. Each one has it's own interpretation, and opinions of the matter will vary *Drastically* from player to player. What you see as non-commital, I may see as "Careful consideration" or maybe "Indepth examination." While I agree Zhao seems to have already made up his mind. This is cause for a scum pair relationship where one KNOWS he is bussing his partner... Not very strong, but not a bad starting place either.

OTM wrote:He has showed townish reasoning in the way he has reasoned out the pros/cons of the plan.
More please... cite examples, quotes, reasons.. whatever... convince me dang you! Stop being half assed about it.

OTM wrote:No, I have no idea where you got that idea. Maybe you just shouldn't read my posts if you're going to misunderstand them so badly. Seriously, this is troubling.
I hate it when someone tries to undermine their attacker... It is the only time I ever actually think arrogance can out a scum. Nice dodge too.

Zhao wrote:Thing is, both of them are acting pretty scummy so it's hard for me to agree with your statement. I hope you are not suggesting that a lively discussion is more important than scumhunting.
A lively disscussion is almost always needed to scum hunt... I mean you can try to scum hunt by clapping to yourself all day, I gaurantee you it will get you nowhere...

*laughs at Sensfan getting prodded 20 min after posting*

I really hate when a player does nothign BUT sarcasm though... *sigh* reciting peoples assumptions in a sarcastic tone, then arbitrarily dodging any useful discussion you could give is proabbly the reason no one seems to like yoru playstyle... I am always against a town lynch, but I love to lynch anti-town players...

Thanatos seems a little jumpy... Not sure what that means just yet... a bit more to go on I think...

Zhao wrote:When you voted for him in 178, he had posted some pro/cons of the plan (in which you edited out). You’re saying that his take on the plan pre-178 was scummy but post-178 was townie?

The thing is you posted nothing from 178-273 stating you felt kabenon was less suspicious. You only unvoted for him to bandwagon me. Suddenly dropping the ball in 273 stating he was a trusted townie doesn’t make sense.
this is a good part of yoru case me thinks. I too am disapointed in OTM's responce and would love to hear more on this...

Zhao wrote:@kabenon: Would you care to add your thoughts on this?
I'm sorry... were you not the one who attacked OTM for asking Phate a similar question?

Zhao wrote:Are you still trying to buddy up with Phate even after he gave you that bussing?

I’m not satisfied at all with your explanations. Vote: OTM
First, I agree his explanations sucked... L-3 is not *that bad* so vote is ok for now... You definitly need to take it off should another vote surface, unless you can somehow manage a better attack.

Second, I don't understand you here. By Bussing are you implying you think OTM and Phate are partners? Not implying anything myself, simply asking.

Not likeing QB... Can't say for sure why just yet... Bad juju I guess...

sorry for the intermitant posting... got things going on elsewhere...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”